LayerGenerators

• Thank you.

• Hi Jeff,

Could you open a support ticket please?

Cheers.
    Val.
  • Hey there,

Downloaded the trial of this, but when I try to open Solidity, I get an error message that says

"Unable to execute script at line 1. Unable to create temporary image file."

I had the same error come up with another script and they sent me a fix (looked like they moved the folder w/ image assets into the UIScript Panels folder). Have you seen this come up? Would love to see how this script works.

I'm on a Mac in CS6.
  • Hi Jimmy,

Unfortunately, LayerGenerators is not supported by CS6. Only CC and above.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • What's odd is I got it to work once and then it stopped...is there a workaround like the other script author came up with? Creating some folder that the script is looking for inside the Application / Script / SciptUI Panels folder?
  • Some features of LG are working, but most won't. So no support for CS6. And no sorry, no workaround. :(
  • Can I use my own vector images with this LayorGenerator?
  • Hi Jacob,
    If you mean colorizing many instances of your own vector shape, you could do it by duplicating
    the shape, selecting all duped layers, and then in Solidity script, click on Use Selected Layers > (Choose your color(s) > ) Create.
    Cheers,
    Charles
  • FYI: The Version History says CS6 compatibility added in version 1.1, but apparently that is in error.
  • FYI: The Version History says CS6 compatibility added in version 1.1, but apparently that is in error.
    that's true, LG is NOT working with CS6!
  • can I use my own icons to create a set of icons or it works only with the sets that come with the tool?
    where should i install each script on script ui folder or in it own layergenerators folder?

thanks a lot

ps: as a sugestion.. a basic installation instructions would be wellcome.. the Link to documentation on mb website goes to pollyline documentation page
  • Hi Andres,
    VectorIcons only generates predefined icons, you can't save your own icon.
    You need to place the jsx scripts directly in the "ScriptUI Panels" folder.
    Cheers
  • Hi Andres,
    VectorIcons only generates predefined icons, you can't save your own icon.
    You need to place the jsx scripts directly in the "ScriptUI Panels" folder.
    Cheers
    Hi Sirs.

do you guys have any plans on improving/add vectoricons features, like the option to add icon libraries to it or to be able to generate personal icons/library to it? it would be great!! this way we could create animation with icons related to the specific subject/theme of the project...

example: Im doing an animation for a snowboard project i dont wanna use social media icons i want to use snow related icons..

It would take pastiche to a next level!!!

thanks
  • Thanks for your feedback Andres!
  • Thanks for your feedback Andres!
    You're welcome, I love your work!!
    Modern, creative, like many others, but with a unique style
    For me, a concept more related to art.
    a natural elegance!

anyway,rsrs it seems like you don't have any plans on increasing new features..

Just one more question.

on the pastiche tutorial you say you decided to make the icons size , 256 pixels.
    what would that be? 16x 16 ?
    I explain, I did my own icons and created a comp with , i dont know, 300 layers... but it got so heavy for the cpu, that it crashes all the time.

would you be so kind and help me figure that out?

thank you so much sir

i did a library of snowboard category and another library , Asterix & Obelix , category..

cheers from Rio de Janeiro

• You're welcome, I love your work!!
    Modern, creative, like many others, but with a unique style
    For me, a concept more related to art.
    a natural elegance!

Wow! Can i quote this for our website? :D
    That's very kind.

on the pastiche tutorial you say you decided to make the icons size , 256 pixels.what would that be? 16x 16 ?I explain, I did my own icons and created a comp with , i dont know, 300 layers... but it got so heavy for the cpu, that it crashes all the time.
    would you be so kind and help me figure that out?
    thank you so much sir
    i did a library of snowboard category and another library , Asterix & Obelix , category.. 
    We are actually working hard and I don't really know if we have time for this, but you can still send us an email, we'll see what we can do: [email protected]
  • Are there any plans for an update to this? Would be nice to have up to date icon libraries. 
  • Hi!

Big fan of your work, so original!

Can the vector icons be used in commercials projects or AE templates?

Thanks!
    Josep
  • Hi! Big fan of your work, so original! Can the vector icons be used in commercials projects or AE templates? Thanks! Josep
    Thanks Josep!
    Yes no problem!
  • sorry,something must have happened to the layer generators license code

The above error code appeared when you entered the license code
  • Hi, my layer generators license code is not working. plz help :)
  • Hi, my layer generators license code is not working. plz help :)
    Please use aescripts manager app to license it.

• Will this be updated for new Mac OS? not working in new OS
  • If you install it with aescripts app manager it will work.
    Update will be available soon.