• Hey, I was wondering if you had to have the other scripts for GEOlayers 2 to work? IE- Trapcode Mir 2, Mettle FreeForm Pro and/or Plexus? 
  • tim wehde said:
    Hey, I was wondering if you had to have the other scripts for GEOlayers 2 to work? IE- Trapcode Mir 2, Mettle FreeForm Pro and/or Plexus? 
    Hello Tim,
    no, you only need them if you want to create a 3D-Landscapes (). All other functions are work without these plug-Ins.
    Best
    Nico
  • Love the plugin it's actually very good but I'm stuck.  I have a project that places literally thousands of points on a map and I have all the lat & long info, but I can't seem to find a way to load them all without strangling After effects.  Do you have any methods designed to handle about 5000 points of data on a map represented with icons or even simple dots?
    Hello Nick,
    Please open a support ticket and if you could attach the file with your data. We'll have a look what we can do.
    Best
    Nico
  • I just submitted one with the .csv file I'm using.

I'm confused why I can't get the data points to be visible when they're all stacked onto one layer.  They're visible as individual layers but not when all on one.  I can see the paths but they are so small nothing is visible. and I can't seem to find a way to make them visible and I'm wondering whether it's my lack of knowledge of how shape layers work or if Geo layers has some option to help with this I'm not seeing.

• I just submitted one with the .csv file I'm using.

I'm confused why I can't get the data points to be visible when they're all stacked onto one layer.  They're visible as individual layers but not when all on one.  I can see the paths but they are so small nothing is visible. and I can't seem to find a way to make them visible and I'm wondering whether it's my lack of knowledge of how shape layers work or if Geo layers has some option to help with this I'm not seeing.

Hello,
    I'am currently looking at the data. Could you please send also the projectfile where the points are not visible.
    Best
    Nico

• Hi Markus,

I have watched most of your tutorials many times on GeoLayers 2, but making the 3D buildings is not working correctly for me. 

Including this tutorial:

The furthest I can get is to extrude the building but everyone is set to a scale of 0,0,-0.0122

Could you please help me understand how to do this from a fresh install perspective?

Also, the filter features in current view always wants to show me many more buildings than are in my view. Do you know why that is? 

Thanks so much for your help!
  • Bill Bergen said:

I have watched most of your tutorials many times on GeoLayers 2, but making the 3D buildings is not working correctly for me.
    The furthest I can get is to extrude the building but everyone is set to a scale of 0,0,-0.0122

Could you please help me understand how to do this from a fresh install perspective?

Also, the filter features in current view always wants to show me many more buildings than are in my view. Do you know why that is?
    Hi Bill,
    Don't worry about the scale. This has to do with some normalization to make shapelayer drawing work on street level as well as on global scale. The extrusion can be found in a shapelayers Geometry Options. If I get you right your building layers are extruded but all to the same height right? If so make sure your data-driven extrusion in the Feature Style is set to the "height" property of the feature. Also make sure you draw the buildings with this Style.
    The current view filter allows Features whose bounding box just touches the edge of your mapcomp but are visually outside. That might be the reason.

If you have further problems please open a support ticket.

Best
    Markus
  • I've just purchased GeoLayers 2 but am having trouble generating a 3d landscape. Basically I'm not being given an option to generate a 3d landscape. Are you able to help?
  • ole sturm said:

I've just purchased GeoLayers 2 but am having trouble generating a 3d landscape. Basically I'm not being given an option to generate a 3d landscape. Are you able to help?
    Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I'm able to create a new map comp with the default Bing Aerial profile. None of the other profiles work. I managed once to get the LandMask profile to work, but after that one time even that one just gives me a blank screen. Also, when I try to run one of those, the original Mapcomp deletes most of the tiles. Am I missing some simple check box along the way?

thanks

• I'm able to create a new map comp with the default Bing Aerial profile. None of the other profiles work. I managed once to get the LandMask profile to work, but after that one time even that one just gives me a blank screen. Also, when I try to run one of those, the original Mapcomp deletes most of the tiles. Am I missing some simple check box along the way?

thanks

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    Did you update GEOlayers to the latest version?
  • 1 - There are some plugins or scripts that provide some coding access, thats why i asked. 
    Just to fit specific needs. 

2 - Theres a way to load and/or save a group of shapes to create north, south west, east group states 

from a country? >> i mean... maybe load all states of a country, divided into south, west, east 

and north for example or just load them in separate layers at once?

3 - Theres a place where i could find a list of geojson files or similar ones where i could download all those stuff?

4 - There is / will there be a way to save styles in a network folder? I mean, another machine user creating a map using same style as mine. Id like a way to create styles in folder, where any user / machine could use them. 

5 - In create route mode theres a way to also create a SINGLE path with all those vector animations? 

6 - how to add google inside geolayers? Why thats not editable if i found a website where this guy changes some google map features?  https://mapstyle.withgoogle.com/

• Hey Rodrigo,

1. No coding access implemented yet. What would you use it for?
    2. You'd need to manually group and export them with the feature browser.
    3. naturalearthdata.com is a good place
    4. With the current version 1.2.0 the styles are saved with your .aep. You could create template projects like this with a certain style. You can also set up a custom style set in the prefs, which will be loaded when you create a new project. This could be located on a network share.
    5. No but you can draw them to one shapelayer and animate it all together
    6. Styling as you see it is not possible. This is client side tile rendering, which we do not support atm.
    Best
    Markus
  • Hi, I'd like ti ad Google maps to Geolayers 2. I found an old Vimeo Tweet showing how to add Google to the list of servers but can't copy the link or work out which button to press. So is this still possible in version 2 and if so how do I do it?

And also a question about showing the copyright attribute line of text. Can this be moved from the centre of the screen to the bottom?

Thanks in advance and a great plug-in.

Andy
  • Hi, I'd like ti ad Google maps to Geolayers 2. I found an old Vimeo Tweet showing how to add Google to the list of servers but can't copy the link or work out which button to press. So is this still possible in version 2 and if so how do I do it?

And also a question about showing the copyright attribute line of text. Can this be moved from the centre of the screen to the bottom?

Thanks in advance and a great plug-in.

Andy
    Hey Andy,

Yes it is possible, and it is way easier than before. Please open a support ticket and we'll help you out.

You can place the copyright notice where you want. Just make sure it should be readable for the majority of your audience.

Best
    Markus
  • In the original GEO Layers script, I was able to pin graphics and elements to the map so they remained in place when I adjusted the zoom or longitude/latitude. Is that possible in Geo Layers 2? Even my labels don't seem to stick...
  • In the original GEO Layers script, I was able to pin graphics and elements to the map so they remained in place when I adjusted the zoom or longitude/latitude. Is that possible in Geo Layers 2? Even my labels don't seem to stick...
    Hey Dan,

You are looking for overlays. You can pin a layer by selecting it and clicking the second button in the toolbar.
    each snapped layer, also labels, have a "scale with map" effect that you can check and even keyframe.

Best,
    Markus
  • will it work for CS4?
  • will it work for CS4?
    Hello,
    no, it doesn't work in CS4. GEOlayers 1 works from AE CS6 and for GEOlayers 2 you need minimum After Effects CC 2015 (13.6).
    Best
    Nico
  • Hi there - 

I'd like to update from GEOlayers1 to GEOlayers2. Is there an upgrade price or do I need to buy the GEOlayers2 script whole?

Thanks, 
    Pete H

• Hi there - 

I'd like to update from GEOlayers1 to GEOlayers2. Is there an upgrade price or do I need to buy the GEOlayers2 script whole?

Thanks, 
    Pete H

Hello, 

Here are the details on how to upgrade: https://aescripts.com/geolayers/#upgrade-notice

Best

Nico

• Hi.

I just upgraded to CC 2018 and my GEOLayers2 is gone. 
    When are you releasing an update?

Thanks
    John
  • Hi.

I just upgraded to CC 2018 and GeoLayers is gone. 
    When are you releasing an update?

Thanks
    John
    Hello Jan,

we are currently working to solve the problem. At the moment it isn't clear what exactly happens.
    Are you on a MAC OS machine?

If yes, we need your help to get the bug fixed. Could you please please open a support ticket and send us the following files from the machine which was updated to AE CC 2018?

XManConfig.xml from:
    /Applications/Utilities/Adobe Sync/CoreSyncPlugins/ExchangePlugin/ExManCoreLib/Contents/Resources/XManConfig.xml

and

XManConfigV2.xml from:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Configuration/XManConfigV2.xml

And is the language on your machine english? That would help us a lot.

Best
    Nico 

• I'm on CC2018 as well, on a PC, and Geolayes is indeed gone. Any help would be great.
  • On CC 2018 and the trial is failing to install.

failed to install the extension 'com.markusbergelt.geolayers2'. Please make sure the manifest.xml of this extension is valid and the Extension Manager recognizes at least one product which the extension supports.

*update: I tried installing for 2017 as well (I have both versions of AE installed) but extension manager is giving the same error

failed to install the extension 'com.markusbergelt.geolayers2'. Please make sure the manifest.xml of this extension is valid and the Extension Manager recognizes at least one product which the extension supports.

*update: I tried installing for 2017 as well (I have both versions of AE installed) but extension manager is giving the same error
    Hello,
    please use the ZXP-Installer from aescripts .com. You can download it here:
    https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/
    Adobe Extension Manager is not able to install GEOlayers 2.
    Hope that helps. Please let me know if that works and if you have further questions or need assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.
    Best
    Nico

Hello, please use the ZXP-Installer from aescripts .com. You can download it here: https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/ Adobe Extension Manager is not able to install GEOlayers 2. Hope that helps. Please let me know if that works and if you have further questions or need assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us. Best Nico
    Perfect! Works now. Thanks
  • Can you add an ad hoc map server (WMS) to pull maps from?
  • Can you add an ad hoc map server (WMS) to pull maps from?
    Do you have an example for us that we could check if there server would work with GEOlayers?
  • This page has a lot of basic information on how to call a openGIS Web Map Service (WMS):
  • This page has a lot of basic information on how to call a openGIS Web Map Service (WMS):
    It is only possible to connect GEOlayers to a Tile Server (WMTS).
    Sometimes there are both services available.

• Ok. But is this something you could add? 
    Being able to serve a custom map via a mapserver would add tremedous value to your product.
  • Ok. But is this something you could add? 
    Being able to serve a custom map via a mapserver would add tremedous value to your product.
    Hello Matt,

GEOlayers is able to serve custom maps from a web map tile server (WMTS).
    Technically this is not a problem, but how many users need this functionality. Most people want to create map animations and web map tile servers are better suited for that.
    I'll discuss your request with the developer. How often do you want to use that and what would you create?

Best
    Nico
  • I'm referring to a WMS servers' ability to serve custom maps, as  opposed to WMTS services which are just simple images (pre-rendered) A WMS is much more flexible, you can change the color or labels roads, on the basemap. Of course,you need to know how to set up and run a map server, but there are several excellent free and open source map servers available. (www.geoserver.org) 

I run a company that runs a number of map servers and most of the services the application we build consume WMS (or WFS) services. There are many, many, many more WFS services out there than WMTS. They tend to be very functions specific data, but for some applications, this would be great way to leverage that data with your product.  

• I'm referring to a WMS servers' ability to serve custom maps, as  opposed to WMTS services which are just simple images (pre-rendered) A WMS is much more flexible, you can change the color or labels roads, on the basemap. Of course,you need to know how to set up and run a map server, but there are several excellent free and open source map servers available. (www.geoserver.org) 

I run a company that runs a number of map servers and most of the services the application we build consume WMS (or WFS) services. There are many, many, many more WFS services out there than WMTS. They tend to be very functions specific data, but for some applications, this would be great way to leverage that data with your product.  

Sounds interesting. Could you please open a support ticket - so we don't have to discuss this all in detail here in the comments.

Best
    Nico

• Love this plugin. I have a question about stylistic animation. Is there a straightforward way to have the rest of the geography around a shape 'fall away' (animate to zero opacity in a compelling fashion), while keeping my Mapcomp open in the remaining seconds of my composition for further zooms/animation, and then have the world geography that fell away come back in?

I am looking for a workflow that allows me to essentially isolate one part of the map.

The image shows Canada. Essentially I am trying to make the United States, Russia and Greenland 'fall off' while keeping the Mapcomp intact.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

• Love this plugin. I have a question about stylistic animation. Is there a straightforward way to have the rest of the geography around a shape 'fall away' (animate to zero opacity in a compelling fashion), while keeping my Mapcomp open in the remaining seconds of my composition for further zooms/animation, and then have the world geography that fell away come back in?

I am looking for a workflow that allows me to essentially isolate one part of the map.

The image shows Canada. Essentially I am trying to make the United States, Russia and Greenland 'fall off' while keeping the Mapcomp intact.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Hello Devyn,

you could create two mapcomps that are linked together. Then create a mask for the land you would like to remain visible. Now you could animate the transparency for the second mapcomp in the background. So the other countries will fall away or go to transparent.

If you need further assistance, please open a support ticket instead.

Best
    Nico
  • Just got this plugin and loving it!

Was wondering if you quickly share the basic setup for the flightmap demo image you have. This one:

Feature Meshs

Are the lines created in plexus? If so do you have any information on how to link these plugins together?

Cheers,
    Ben
  • I have downloaded the software, and used the zxp installer but it does not show up under the extensions menu.  What am I doing wrong?

• tim wehde said:

Hey, I was wondering if you had to have the other scripts for GEOlayers 2 to work? IE- Trapcode Mir 2, Mettle FreeForm Pro and/or Plexus? 

Could you please open a support ticket and we will check what’s going on.
  • I cannot open the Trial-Version ("Try"-Button) on Windows 7. Win-ZIP says "invalid" and 7-Zip tells me some files (also the .zxp) are damaged! 
  • Just got this plugin and loving it!

Was wondering if you quickly share the basic setup for the flightmap demo image you have. This one:

Feature Meshs

Are the lines created in plexus? If so do you have any information on how to link these plugins together?

Cheers,
    Ben
    Hey Ben,

Unfortunately the project is not meant to be passed along. I'll see if we can create a similar sample project. The lines are created with the feature mesh function of geolayers. Have a look here at 08:40:

Best
    Markus
  • Hi!
    Is it posible to add a new map provider (server) like https://carto.com?
    If it is possible how can I do it?
    Regards
  • Hey Markus!

I am unable to relink GEOLayers (version 1) after switching computers. I am making a proyect using the  technique using GEOLayers and Mir (). Neither color texture, nor hegiht nor control GEOLayers relink. Thanks in advance!
  • Hi!
    Is it posible to add a new map provider (server) like https://carto.com?
    If it is possible how can I do it?
    Regards
    Hi Iban,

I just had a quick look on their website. Their Maps API can be integrated into GEOlayers. If you need further assistance please open a support ticket.

Best
    Markus
  • Hey Markus!

I am unable to relink GEOLayers (version 1) after switching computers. I am making a proyect using the  technique using GEOLayers and Mir (). Neither color texture, nor hegiht nor control GEOLayers relink. Thanks in advance!
    Hey Francisco,

Oh, v1 still in use:) please open a support ticket and we'll see whats wrong.

Best
    Markus
  • New version keeps getting better. Is there a version of AE that is best suited at the moment to work with the plugin?
  • Love it! thanks!
  • Where is the tutorial to integrate Geo 2 with Mir to make 3d maps.
  • Where is the tutorial to integrate Geo 2 with Mir to make 3d maps.
    Hey Bertran,

easiest way is to check out the "Elevation HD" Sample Project
    You could also open the help and search "3D Landscape" or check out the quick setup tutorial.

Best
    Markus