• I am getting the same 911 is undefined message.  I am using AE 2015.3

Please fix!
    I'm trying to reproduce this issue here, in the mean time, try to delete you configuration file and restart ft-toolbar. /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Aescripts/ftToolbar2/

thanks
    F.
  • Hi

"unable to execute script at line 319. p is undefined" ....error

-window7
    -after effect cc 2015.3
  • Bonjour François.  Est-ce possible de changer la license pour qu'on puisse l'utiliser sur deux ordis?  J'ai un desktop et portable.  Je suis supposé acheter deux licenses?  Dans le vidéo tuto il est question de synchroniser les paramètres sur deux ordis mais je n'ai pas entendu si tu mentionnes qu'il faut avoir les deux licences?  Peut-être que je l'ai manqué.
  • Does anyone have the code to add to FT-Toolbar to set a button that opens up newton 2 please :-)
  • Heads up, significant issue with AECC2014, Windows 7 — one of my Config files ballooned to ~650mb overnight, AE launches and then immediately crashes as the interface pops up. Pulled the script out of my ScriptUI folder to spot check if that was the issue and AE launches without a problem.
  • Hey there, very useful tool, it helps me a lot. However I found out that when I create a button to create a Solid, the solid is not inserted into the composition. It's just in the project panel. Is there any logical reason why it works this way or is a small bug? Check the video I made.

• When I check on the option "Active modifiers," set up my new function, and click ok, the new function simply doesnt work. When I open the settings again, "Active modifiers" is unchecked. Whats going on?
  • For some reason I can't make a Menu button that opens the 'Keyframe Velocity…' dialog. Other menu commands work fine, but not ones that end in an ellipsis. Any ideas?
  • I purchased and not work. AE CC 2015.3. I open a support ticket with no response for now.
    "unable to execute script at line 911"
  • DON'T BUY, NOT WORK ON AE CC 2015.3. i OPEN A SUPPORT TIKET BUT NOBODY ANSWER.
  • For some reason I can not dock my panels.  I have put the script in the UI folder and in the script folder but no luck is this a bug?
  • For some reason I can not dock my panels.  I have put the script in the UI folder and in the script folder but no luck is this a bug?
    Same thing here.  Can anyone please provide some insight here?  After updating to AECC2015.3, ft-toolbar only shows up as an undockable window.  It does not show up in the scripts list either.  It has to be accessed from the Run Script line under the File menu. 
  • i love this little script but all of a sudden it's stopped working with 15.3

it crashes my AE on startup every time.....it took me awhile to figure out what was causing the crash but eventually i had to remove it from my scripts...too bad really, it's great.....hopefully it can be fixed.....
  • Is it possible to assign a button to import a specific file? I have a few AE projects that I use for templates (keying, cg layering, etc.) and I import them relatively frequently. Would be great if I could get that down to a one-button push.  The "Import" command from the File menu doesn't seem to work as a Menu command.  
  • Hi is it possible to add a fill effect will an expression with just a one click button with this?  thanks so much
  • Hello! I want to create a menu that is for creating new items like solids, camera, null, adjustment layers, and comps. I can't figure out how to create new comps. Typing "New Composition..." doesn't work. Same for "Camera..." and others. 

Also, is there anywhere to download .json files of shortcuts others have already made? That would be awesome. 
  • Hello! I want to create a menu that is for creating new items like solids, camera, null, adjustment layers, and comps. I can't figure out how to create new comps. Typing "New Composition..." doesn't work. Same for "Camera..." and others. 

Also, is there anywhere to download .json files of shortcuts others have already made? That would be awesome. 
    I figured out the "..." was being autocorrected into an ellipsis instead of 3 periods in a row. I had to go into text edit, type the "..." , then right click and change back into "..."  -  Then I was able to copy and paste the 3 periods so it doesn't automatically get corrected to an ellipsis. 
  • If I get into problems with FT-Toolbar & want to start from a clean table. What things I need to remove from my computer (Appdata etc) to make sure that there is 0 residues left from previous setups? This way when building new FT-Toolbar setup I ensure that nothing already existing on my  system that might have "corrupted" somehow wont break my new FT setup. Thanks!
  • Hi All,

Does anyone know if the 15.3 bug was fixed where the tool stopped working? Also does anyone know if i can assign shortcut keys to this? I would like to get it to use on my cintiq companion when i'm away from my desktop. Wacoms express keys aren't always that great and I would like a dockable UI.

Cheers
  • Hi All,

Does anyone know if the 15.3 bug was fixed where the tool stopped working? Also does anyone know if i can assign shortcut keys to this? I would like to get it to use on my cintiq companion when i'm away from my desktop. Wacoms express keys aren't always that great and I would like a dockable UI.

Cheers
    Reading the comment section & feedback I assume that the developer has ditched this script. Obviously a lot of developers arent doing this as their full time job which is understandable. At one point this developer had the time and energy for creating this script that is super useful. That time was and has gone and who knows if it the developer finds the time & energy for newer version. If I'd be him, I would probably create FT-Toolbar 3. That way he would be able to make some more money with this and people in need of a working toolbar would get it. 

Currently FT-Toolbar 2 is a mess. I have one FT toolbar that seems to work. If I copy it and rename it, it doesnt work. I've cleared appdata, but even that doesnt help. Theres something really funky going on as some people get this to work and some dont. In my case I have one FT-Toolbar working, but I cant even make copies out of it (as I used to have 2-3 different Toolbars created with this). I used to have FT-toolbar with large custom made icons that visualized what different scripts did. Was very useful, until now :D 
  • Reading the comment section & feedback I assume that the developer has ditched this script. Obviously a lot of developers arent doing this as their full time job which is understandable. At one point this developer had the time and energy for creating this script that is super useful. That time was and has gone and who knows if it the developer finds the time & energy for newer version. If I'd be him, I would probably create FT-Toolbar 3. That way he would be able to make some more money with this and people in need of a working toolbar would get it. 

Currently FT-Toolbar 2 is a mess. I have one FT toolbar that seems to work. If I copy it and rename it, it doesnt work. I've cleared appdata, but even that doesnt help. Theres something really funky going on as some people get this to work and some dont. In my case I have one FT-Toolbar working, but I cant even make copies out of it (as I used to have 2-3 different Toolbars created with this). I used to have FT-toolbar with large custom made icons that visualized what different scripts did. Was very useful, until now :D 
    Ahh thats a shame, but, as you say, completely understandable. I can imagine its a pain to update these scripts every time adobe releases a new version. Thanks for the heads up and will give this one a pass.   
  • seems to have problems with the new AE version? AE crashes at start...
  • Can we select a sub menu? i don't seemed to be able to start a sub menu. as an example i am trying to create a button calling a new solid layer...
    thank you ! 
  • I am still having problems docking the windows.  When I launch the script it just comes up as an un dockable window.  How does one fix that?
  • Any word on an update for CC 2017? unusable now.
  • I asked aescript support:
    Due to bugs related to changes Adobe made ft-Toolbar is no longer recommended for the CC 2017. You can try checking out Tool Launcher and Quick Menu as alternatives.
    I think it's pitty. Try videcopilot's FX console
    Due to bugs related to changes Adobe made ft-Toolbar is no longer recommended for the CC 2017. You can try checking out Tool Launcher and Quick Menu as alternatives.
    I've had it running just fine until today. I had Dropbox restore some deleted files for me, but I don't see how that would have affected After Effects. 
    I've had it running just fine until today. I had Dropbox restore some deleted files for me, but I don't see how that would have affected After Effects. 
    I just sorted that out by turning off "Real-time protection" in Miscrosoft Security Essentials. Looks like the Anti-spyware software was blocking AE from registering the license for some reason. 
  • Hi François - thanks for a great tool. I'm having trouble setting up a button for the Separate XYZ Position effect. How would you suggest setting this button up - I assume it'll take some scripting? Thanks, Tom
  • Hi François! Quick question: is it possible to have on button (beside effects) create a new solid, or new camera, or new text, or null object...? Many thanks!
  • Can we get an update so it works with CC 2017?
  • I agree with JJJ MMM.
    Updated to 2017.2 and now the script no longer works.
    It gives a dialog box with 'Configuration File Corrupted'
    Then another that states 'Unable to execute script at line 319. p is undefined'
    Can we get an update for this script please? It is incredibly useful and i use it constantly in my daily workflow.
    Thanks
  • I agree with JJJ MMM.
    Updated to 2017.2 and now the script no longer works.
    It gives a dialog box with 'Configuration File Corrupted'
    Then another that states 'Unable to execute script at line 319. p is undefined'
    Can we get an update for this script please? It is incredibly useful and i use it constantly in my daily workflow.
    Thanks
    ft-Toolbar is only supported in the versions listed under the compatibility tab above. If you need a toolbar that is compatible with the latest version of AE please check out KBar
  • I am on latest AE version a FT-toolbar works still good..

• Vraiment, vraiment classe, surtout si on prend le temps de se faire des icônes. Sur le terrain la créa va beaucoup plus vite (même avec FX console) seul bémol on ne peut pas lancer les scripts dans le UI panel (souvent pratique car il rend les éléments dockable). Du coup on passe à côté de quelques pépites comme Geolayers, Animation composer, Fx particle builders et autres.. Mais à part ça après tout roule à la fin du temps de démo je sors la cb !
  • I just purchased ft-Toolbar 2 for use with CS6.  Should help a lot with my shrinking work area.

Anyway, I noticed that at one time there were several collections of icons to use with it, but all the links are changed or files not found.  Any idea where I might find them or current equivalents?

• One of those icon sets may have been mine. I have uploaded it again. You can download via this link Here's what they look like in AE image and here's a screenshot of all of the icons. The zip file also includes a folder of them at half size. I love FT Toolbar and use it constantly
  • Thanks very much Nicolai.

It's seems to be getting harder & harder to find tools for CS6 these days so I'm glad this is still around. 

• I've run into a snag with adding a menu item with CS6. I'd like to add the menu command of Make a new Solid layer which is listed as Solid... and is also assigned the Hotkey of Ctrl+Y.

Manually using the menu (Layer/New/Solid...) or it's Hotkey, I get the options box as expected.

If I assign this to a Toolbar item using the Menu option using Solid..., I get the options box to make the solid, but the Make Comp Size option is grayed out.  I tried using the Hotkey Ctrl+Y as a menu item and get nothing.

Even so, when using the Solid... option, the new layer is added to the Project window and NOT the selected comp.

Any suggestions?

• Digging back through all the postings, I now see that this isn't a new issue. There was a script posted at http://www.smipple.net at one time, but that site no longer exists and François hasn't replied to anything since July 2016.  Hopefully he's working on 2.6 or even 3.0.

Oddly, making button to add a new Adjustment layer works as expected.  I can only guess that it has something to do with New Solid is that it has one more level to go in the menu with the ...  There's probably some simple scripting method.

So, I guess I won't be holding my breathe but if someone here has worked around this I'd appreciate hearing how.

Thanks.