Animation Composer 2

• imageAnimation Composer 2

Animation Composer is a huge library of adjustable motion presets and precomps. There is a lot of additional handy features to save you a ton of time. Download for WinDownload for MacOptionally, you choose to "Add to Cart" and it will be added to your aescripts account.

https://aescripts.com/animation-composer/

• Anyone knows if it´s compatible with AE 2017? Thanks.
  • Anyone knows if it´s compatible with AE 2017? Thanks.
    Yes, it is. We've just updated the installer. 

Everything should work fine, there're no known issues yet. If you find something, please let us know ;)
  • Animation Composer is by far one of the best time savers for a motion graphics work flow, highly recommended!
  • Hello,

I want to use animation composer for animate images on a video with commercial purpose. 
    Can I use it? I see it's free. I don't know how to pay a license!
  • Hello,

I want to use animation composer for animate images on a video with commercial purpose. 
    Can I use it? I see it's free. I don't know how to pay a license!
    Hi there, yes you can use it to create videos for commercial purposes. You can create any number of end products. There are some limitations if you would want to sell template .aeps, if this is the case leave us a message at [email protected]
  • Hello Mister Horse, Really love this plugin!

I was wondering if this feature would ever come to Animation Composer:

The ability to add our own assets to Animation Composer
    We could setup a directory location in settings where our 'library' of AE assets is based, and then we can import precomps into Animation Composer from that library, allowing us easy access to our own assets all from within Animation Composer?

Thanks!
  • Hi there, I've used Animation Composer loads and I love it!

However, recently I have been having an issue, when I go to add a preset to a layer. It wont let me and says "there is no active composition".

Thank you kindly,

Jack
  • Testing forwarding, pls ignore this comment :)
  • Jack Cole said:
    Hi there, I've used Animation Composer loads and I love it!

However, recently I have been having an issue, when I go to add a preset to a layer. It wont let me and says "there is no active composition".

Thank you kindly,

Jack
    Hi Jack,

do you have any comp open while you're adding it? If not, just create a new one.

• Is there any way to make your own custom transitions and effects? I'm absolutely loving it so far, but this plugin is useless to me if I'm limited to presets.
  • Is there any way to make your own custom transitions and effects? I'm absolutely loving it so far, but this plugin is useless to me if I'm limited to presets.
    Hello Morgan,
    Yes at the moment there is no way to create custom transitions/effects/precomps. We are discussing this kind of functionality but cannot promise you anything yet. 
  • Hey just updated today and now After Effects just crashes at the startup splash screen and gives the following error:

After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Animation Composer".

Running latest Adobe CC AE, Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 Mac Pro.

I deleted the MisterHorse folder in plugins and AE works again. 
    Let me know if you know a fix!
  • Hey just updated today and now After Effects just crashes at the startup splash screen and gives the following error:

After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Animation Composer".

Running latest Adobe CC AE, Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 Mac Pro.

I deleted the MisterHorse folder in plugins and AE works again. 
    Let me know if you know a fix!
    Ouch, that's unfortunate! We'll look into it asap and release an update after it's ready.

Sorry for inconvenience!
    Adam
  • After Effects error: crash occurred while invoking plug-in "Animation Composer".
    Did you get any crash log after this happened? If so, could you please send it to us to [email protected]?

We're trying to figure out, but we didn't get any crashlog so far so it's hard to detect... would be a huge help...
  • It should be fixed, we've just released an update. Fingers crossed.

Sorry for the inconvenience!!!
  • It should be fixed, we've just released an update. Fingers crossed.

Sorry for the inconvenience!!!
    Fixed it for me! Thanks! Sorry about radio silence since the first post. I thought ae-scripts would notify me via email if someone replied. 

Thanks again and keep up the good work!
  • Is there a way to download the old 1.5.0 installer for Mac? I don't care if you guys don't support it anymore
  • Is there a way to download the old 1.5.0 installer for Mac? I don't care if you guys don't support it anymore
    Hi!

Not really. Why do you need it?
  • Saxon Rix said:
    Hello Mister Horse, Really love this plugin!

We could setup a directory location in settings where our 'library' of AE assets is based, and then we can import precomps into Animation Composer from that library, allowing us easy access to our own assets all from within Animation Composer?

Hey Mr. Horse, I second this feature request. It's a super awesome and powerful tool, but being able to create your own presets/precomps/effects would make sharing comps and effects with your team so much more effective. Could it possible be a pro feature for a feature release? 

Thanks!

• Saxon Rix said:
    Hello Mister Horse, Really love this plugin!

Hey Mr. Horse, I second this feature request. It's a super awesome and powerful tool, but being able to create your own presets/precomps/effects would make sharing comps and effects with your team so much more effective. Could it possible be a pro feature for a feature release? 

Thanks!

Hi there, 

Yea we're discussing this with the team a lot. We postponed the development because it seemed for a while that After Effects are bringing something similar on their own with the Essential Graphic panel. We're still waiting what happens next, because we would love to use the new After Effects-Premiere. Meaning we would love you to save things to Animation Composer but it would work in Premiere as well. 

So to sum up, we're thinking about it but we want to make sure it will work well with nextgen After Effects too. 
  • Hi Mr.Horse!

Is there any way to apply your plugin by ExtendScript?
    I need to automate my boring / repetitive task and apply one of your scale in and scale out transitions.

Thanks.
  • Hi Mr.Horse!

Is there any way to apply your plugin by ExtendScript?
    I need to automate my boring / repetitive task and apply one of your scale in and scale out transitions.

Thanks.
    Hi there!

Unfortunately this is not possible. The plugin is written in C++ so we would need to do some extra mile to make it possible. However if more people will ask for it we might do it in the future.
  • Hello Mr. Horse,

the plugin works great for me, but I have got a question. Is it possible to set the standard frame rate for precomps?
    Here in Europe for many people is 25 or 50 frames normal and not 29,xxx.

Thank you
    Jörg
  • Hello Mr. Horse,

the plugin works great for me, but I have got a question. Is it possible to set the standard frame rate for precomps?
    Here in Europe for many people is 25 or 50 frames normal and not 29,xxx.

Thank you
    Jörg
    Thanks for the input. Are you having trouble using our precomps inside a 25fps composition? Because we tested this and made it like this because it still looked as expected in our tests, you can use any fps and it should still look good. 
    Can you maybe send me an .aep to [email protected] where it causes trouble? That would really help. 
  • Hello Mr. Horse,

sorry, you're right. I have made in few attempts and AE calculates the project automatically according to my composition frame rate.
    So the conversion in the Precomps is not necessary.

Best regards
    Jörg
  • Animation Composer update problem

It took me awhile to even notice that I had a problem with AnimationComposer as it's not wanting to show up in my Plug-ins list.

The original Animation Composer version I got & had been using is 2.0.6. Haven't used it for awhile & only now noticed it wasn't on the system. Got the latest version (2.7.1) & ran the installer. Started AE CS6 and couldn't find any listing for it in the Plug-in list. Exited AE and found that it go installed to:

D :\Programs\AdobeCS6\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore

The original had been installed to:

D :\Programs\AdobeCS6\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins\MisterHorse\AnimationComposer

I moved the new version to that path & started AE and it's still not listed.

Deleted that folder & 2.0.6 again. Started AE & accepted updating Animation Composer. Even so, there's still no Mister Horse tab nor AnimationComposer. It did install under the ...After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins\MisterHorse\ folder instead of the \Common one.

Deleted that folder & installed 2.0.6 again. Started AE & declined updating Animation Composer. Even so, there's still no Mister Horse tab nor AnimationComposer listing.

So, essentially I can't use the older nor newer version. Is it still compatible with CS6?

Suggestions?  I'll open a ticket if you prefer but thought I'd get a broader overview here.

• Animation Composer update problem

It took me awhile to even notice that I had a problem with AnimationComposer as it's not wanting to show up in my Plug-ins list.

The original Animation Composer version I got & had been using is 2.0.6. Haven't used it for awhile & only now noticed it wasn't on the system. Got the latest version (2.7.1) & ran the installer. Started AE CS6 and couldn't find any listing for it in the Plug-in list. Exited AE and found that it go installed to:

D :\Programs\AdobeCS6\Common\Plug-ins\CS6\MediaCore

The original had been installed to:

D :\Programs\AdobeCS6\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins\MisterHorse\AnimationComposer

I moved the new version to that path & started AE and it's still not listed.

Deleted that folder & 2.0.6 again. Started AE & accepted updating Animation Composer. Even so, there's still no Mister Horse tab nor AnimationComposer. It did install under the ...After Effects CS6\Support Files\Plug-ins\MisterHorse\ folder instead of the \Common one.

Deleted that folder & installed 2.0.6 again. Started AE & declined updating Animation Composer. Even so, there's still no Mister Horse tab nor AnimationComposer listing.

So, essentially I can't use the older nor newer version. Is it still compatible with CS6?

Suggestions?  I'll open a ticket if you prefer but thought I'd get a broader overview here.

Hello Mark, 

Animation Composer works with CS6, but it seems there is something special about your installation. Can you please open a ticket so we can discuss specifics there? 

A lot of times reinstalling After Effects solves issues with plugin installation.
  • Fortunately, got it resolved w/o needing to take drastic measures.
  • Hello

When I use a shape element (frame medium 1, for example) y animate in and out, but in the comp there isn´t an out animation. The frame is still there.

Thanks 
  • Hello

When I use a shape element (frame medium 1, for example) y animate in and out, but in the comp there isn´t an out animation. The frame is still there.

Thanks 
    Hello Javier, 

Thanks for reporting this issue, it seems like a bug in this specific precomp. 
    Here is a little workaround for this: http://recordit.co/yCFr3zwytc

We're going to fix this and issue an update with some other fixes soon. 

• Hi there, long-time fan/user. In one of our tutorials I noticed you using a key command to quickly add the selected  transition to the comp. Is that something baked into the plugin or something you only have access to? 

Thanks in advance man and keep up the awesome work. 
  • Hi there, long-time fan/user. In one of our tutorials I noticed you using a key command to quickly add the selected  transition to the comp. Is that something baked into the plugin or something you only have access to? 

Thanks in advance man and keep up the awesome work. 
    Hello Graham, 

Thanks for reaching out. Hmm, we do not have any hotkey for that, which tutorial are you referring to? Maybe it was a double-click? You can double click any item in Animation Composer to quickly add. 

However we certainly should add some hotkeys! 
  • I have to say, this is a great script. The free features make the 10 seconds to install totally worth it. There are no cons to this product. I use this to speed up secondary animations a tad. Saves me a few minutes here and there tweaking things too. Everything is quite intuitive. Will be buying some of the addons. Thanks!
  • I have to say, this is a great script. The free features make the 10 seconds to install totally worth it. There are no cons to this product. I use this to speed up secondary animations a tad. Saves me a few minutes here and there tweaking things too. Everything is quite intuitive. Will be buying some of the addons. Thanks!
    Hello David, 

Thanks for leaving this comment here. We're really glad you like the product. There are a lot more cool updates on the way :).

Cheers, 
  • Mr Horse(s), this is an amazing script, thank you so much. I purchased the Animated Illustrations bundle and the Filmmaker's Transitions, and I will probably purchase the Most Handy Motion Presets next. Just today I was using the Animated Illustrations and I discovered it didn't have a character I needed. However, it did have one which looked pretty close, and it was the work of a few minutes to edit the existing character to create the new one I needed. Brilliant!

However, I now want to save or store the newly created character somehow. Is there a way to save it in Animation Composer as some kind of precomp or preset? Thanks for your wonderful work.
  • Mr Horse(s), this is an amazing script, thank you so much. I purchased the Animated Illustrations bundle and the Filmmaker's Transitions, and I will probably purchase the Most Handy Motion Presets next. Just today I was using the Animated Illustrations and I discovered it didn't have a character I needed. However, it did have one which looked pretty close, and it was the work of a few minutes to edit the existing character to create the new one I needed. Brilliant!

However, I now want to save or store the newly created character somehow. Is there a way to save it in Animation Composer as some kind of precomp or preset? Thanks for your wonderful work.
    Hello Jonathan, 

Yeah saving the edited precomps is a feature we're intensively working on right now. Unfortunately it's still not possible, but it is our 1. priority. For now you might need to save the character to a project and use it like that. 

Cheers,
  • Hello Jonathan, 

Yeah saving the edited precomps is a feature we're intensively working on right now. Unfortunately it's still not possible, but it is our 1. priority. For now you might need to save the character to a project and use it like that. 

Cheers,
    Thanks a lot, that would be absolutely amazing. Meanwhile I've just saved it as a project, and that will work fine for now. I've just bought the Most Handy Motion Presets, and I'm about to buy your 1000+ Text Presets pack.
  • With the latest update to After Effects, I'm finding that every time I try to import one of the Animated Illustrations, AE pauses and then crashes. It happens consistently every time I try to import an Animated Illustration. Applying other effects (such as the 2D transitions), doesn't crash AE.
  • With the latest update to After Effects, I'm finding that every time I try to import one of the Animated Illustrations, AE pauses and then crashes. It happens consistently every time I try to import an Animated Illustration. Applying other effects (such as the 2D transitions), doesn't crash AE.
    I apologize for the issue. However I am sure we can make this work, probably an update of Animation Composer should fix this. I've replied to your support ticket. 

Cheers,
  • Where has this plugin/script been my entire (editing) life?!? I'm seriously kicking myself for not having found it earlier. Amazing work guys. Such a powerful, intuitive and time saving piece of software. Animating suddenly became fun again! Install it now if you haven't already!
  • Don't forget to check out the Essential Sound Effects add-on.  One thing sort of glossed over is that it's easy to add your own clips.
  • After the new update, AE lags for a sec in the timeline when Animation composer is opened. 
  • After the new update, AE lags for a sec in the timeline when Animation composer is opened. 
    Hi there, I apologize for the inconvenience. We're investigating this issue, really strange. Thank you for reporting it. 
  • I get this error couldn't find main entry point for animationComposer.plugin I also can't find it in the window drop down
    HELP
  • I was able to apply the transition preset to the "in" but when I tried applying a transition preset to the "Out" nothing happened? Is this an issue with the free version?
  • I was able to apply the transition preset to the "in" but when I tried applying a transition preset to the "Out" nothing happened? Is this an issue with the free version?
    Hello Jermaine, 

Usually this happens when your layer end point is not visible, i.e. it's longer than your composition. Please try to trim your layer so you see both ends of the layer, then apply the preset. 

If this does not help, could you please open a support ticket here, it's a little better then the comment section. 

Cheers, 

~Mister Horse
  • I get this error couldn't find main entry point for animationComposer.plugin I also can't find it in the window drop down
    HELP
    Hello Dereck, 

Could you please open a support ticket here at aescripts and send us some details about your system? We're always responsive and try to do our best to fix the issue.
    One thing you could try right away is to re-download the plugin from here: https://aescripts.com/animation-composer/ (the green buttons), just to make sure you have the latest version. 

Thank you, 

~ Mister Horse

• why im still get this crash ???

Corrupt AEGP_PanelH
    crash occcured while invoking plug-in "Animation Composer"
  • why im still get this crash ???

Corrupt AEGP_PanelH
    crash occcured while invoking plug-in "Animation Composer"
    Hello Rangga, 

I am afraid that it's something with the older version of After Effects CS6. We tested the plugin and it should work with older versions too but we're no longer targeting these versions and will no longer release patches for these versions as it's too time consuming. 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  • We need CS6 support....