BeatEdit for Premiere Pro
  • I've tested out Automate to Sequence with subclips...everything seems to work fine when subclips are set to (Restrict Trims to Subclip Boundaries)...

But when you create the subclips with the option (non-restrict...) and try to Automate to Sequence ..the subclips does NOT maintain the in/out range/points ..so all the subclips cut to the sequence (with markers created by BE) have the same in/out range/points...any idea??

This is a big issue...

@Peter Lee: If you have a very long clip, you first need to (manually) create a subclip for each part that you want to use. Then you can use those subclips like any other clips.
    See here how to create subsclips:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/create-subclips-premiere-cc.html

• Hi Peter,

yes, I think you have to use the option "restrict trims to subclip boundaries", since you want to restrict the automate to sequence to use only this region. Note that after running Automate to sequence, you can right-click on the subclip in the project panel, choose "Edit Subclip..." in the context menu and remove the "restrict trims to subclip boundaries" again.

Cheers
    Mathias

Keep running into this error when trying to load a track in the trial version. 
    Every now and then it randomly works but than keeps giving me the error.

Premiere Pro CC 2015.0 
    Already installed the C++ 32 bit library recommended in the FAQ. 

• @ sdfjksdfjk dsdjkfs:
    Thank you for reporting this!
    I just uploaded a new version (1.0.7) that should fix this issue.
    In the unlikely case that it still does not work, please open a support ticket here:
    https://aescripts.com/contact/

Keep running into this error when trying to load a track in the trial version. 
    Every now and then it randomly works but than keeps giving me the error.

Premiere Pro CC 2015.0 
    Already installed the C++ 32 bit library recommended in the FAQ. 

• Is there a way to offset a beat? Right now it's detecting the snare drum, but it should detect the kick ... I don't seem to be able to offset the marker manually?

• Is there a way to offset a beat? Right now it's detecting the snare drum, but it should detect the kick ... I don't seem to be able to offset the marker manually?
    Currently, this is not possible, Frank. But I have it on my list of feature requests for future updates. The only workaround you can do at the moment is to generate sequence markers and then shift the audio clip in the sequences such that the markers are placed on different locations.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Hey Mathias,

Installed the trial, was working find and then all of sudden the audio played with consistent stuttering.

Is this a result of the trial period completing or is it an issue beyond that...

I would like to buy it, although, getting this issue sorted out would make me confident in purchasing asap.

Thanks.

Thomas
  • Hi Thomas,
    this is definitely no trial limitation. I never had a report of stuttering audio so far. Could you please open a support ticket here and describe the issue as detailed as possible?

The more details I know, the better and quicker I will be able to help. Hence, please include details like what Premiere version and OS you use, whether it just happens for a particular audio file or all audio files etc.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Hi Mathias. I tried the Demo and had the same issue Frank Taapo described. Quite often the detection doesn't get the 1 of a beat right. For me it would be an essential feature to be able to offset the beat so that the 1 is correct and not on the snare. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.
  • Thank you for your feedback, Dominik!

I have it on my feature request list with a high priority now, but it will still take some time until it will happen.

Hi Mathias. I tried the Demo and had the same issue Frank Taapo described. Quite often the detection doesn't get the 1 of a beat right. For me it would be an essential feature to be able to offset the beat so that the 1 is correct and not on the snare. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

• Hey Mathias. Thanks for the reply. Good to hear that you are working on it. Keep up the good work!

• I'm in trouble, BeatEdit is not filling up the videos properly. I have to individually fix many videos. What's the problem ?

I use Premiere Pro cc 2017 and mp3 music

Exemple:http://imgur.com/a/CGg9P
  • Hi Rafael,

to avoid this issue make sure that the sequence and all footage clips you are using have the same frame rate. If the frame rate differs, for some reason Premiere Pro's "Automate To Sequence" sometimes add those 1 frame gaps. Since this is a feature of Premiere Pro and not of BeatEdit, only Adobe can change something about it.

But again, it only happens if you use clips with different frame rates or if the frame rate of the sequence and the clips does not match. Still, I recommend that you also submit a bug report to Premiere Pro. The more people complain, the more likely it is that they will fix this.

Cheers
    Mathias
  • Any tips for using this with music + audio narration?
  • If you have the music as a separate file, make sure to do the beat detection on this file containing only the music. In the unlikely case that you only have a single audio file containing both the narration and the music, hopefully the narration won't irritate the beat detector too much. I guess it should be no problem, but I haven't tested it much.
    Any tips for using this with music + audio narration?

• Hi Mathias,

I wanted to give it a try so I downloaded the trial version and installed it correctly through the installer. I already had Visual C++ 2015 x86 installed.

I can open the extension window but nothing happens when I click on "Load Music" button.

I'm on CC 2017 and OS is Windows 7.

Any help on that issue ? Thank you.
  • Well, I guess I figured it out. I'm used to run as administrator programs I have issues installing so I tried to run Premiere as administrator and it solved the problem.

Sorry for bothering.
  • Hi Théo,
    thank you for the feedback and good to hear that you could solve the issue that way!
  • Hi there, downloaded the trial for PP2017 newest. The extension does show up, but each effort to load an audio file just reloads the extension and asks for trial mode again. So to say, it is currently unusable. VCredist86 installed.
  • Hi there, downloaded the trial for PP2017 newest. The extension does show up, but each effort to load an audio file just reloads the extension and asks for trial mode again. So to say, it is currently unusable. VCredist86 installed.
    Do you maybe try to open a very long audio file? BeatEdit is designed to be used with audio files containing a single song (say 3 minutes length) but won't be able to load a 30 minutes file, for example. The reason for this is that the beat detection needs to keep the entire uncompressed audio in memory. Maybe for future versions we can make it more efficient, but for now you should not use BeatEdit on very long audio files.
  • Hi, 

I've installed the trial version - it shows up perfect and well in PP, but as soon as the window shows, it insta crashes PP. It doesn't generate a log file..? 

Do you have any clue what i might be missing?
  • Hi Jooshua,
    This sounds like something with your Premiere Pro installation or licensing is broken. Does this happen when you open the BeatEdit panel or after you try to open an audio file in BeatEdit?
    For log files see the dection "Where are the log files" here:
    https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/wiki/CEP-6-HTML-Extension-Cookbook-for-CC-2015#log_files
    Most likely you want to look at the CEF log files.

If it still does not work please open a support ticket at
    and provide as many details as possible (OS & Premiere Versions, screenshots of the crash etc). The more details we know the better we are able to help.
    Cheers,
    Mathias

• Hi Jooshua,
    This sounds like something with your Premiere Pro installation or licensing is broken. Does this happen when you open the BeatEdit panel or after you try to open an audio file in BeatEdit?
    For log files see the dection "Where are the log files" here:
    https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/CEP-Resources/wiki/CEP-6-HTML-Extension-Cookbook-for-CC-2015#log_files
    Most likely you want to look at the CEF log files.

If it still does not work please open a support ticket at
    and provide as many details as possible (OS & Premiere Versions, screenshots of the crash etc). The more details we know the better we are able to help.
    Cheers,
    Mathias

Hi Mathias, Thanks for the reply.

It happens when i open the BeatEdit panel, it quickly shows but then crashes/closes Premiere in it's whole. The most information i can find leads to this:

[0915/140608:ERROR:audio_low_latency_output_win.cc(181)] Bailing out due to non-perfect timing.  Buffer size of 480 is not an even divisor of 1056
    [0915/140608:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(20)] Unable to move the cache: 5
    [0915/140608:ERROR:cache_util.cc(132)] Unable to move cache folder C:\Users\Jooshua\AppData\Local\Temp\cep_cache\PPRO_11.1.2_com.mamoworld.BeatEdit.91.extension to C:\Users\Jooshua\AppData\Local\Temp\cep_cache\old_PPRO_11.1.2_com.mamoworld.BeatEdit.91.extension_000
    [0915/140608:ERROR:cache_creator.cc(133)] Unable to create cache

• Hi Jooshua,
    something with the CEP panel system of your Premiere Pro installation must be broken. See my answer in the support ticket for more details.

• Hi Mathias,
    The new version of Beatedit for Premiere CC2018 doesn't show up. The ZXP installer says it's succesfully installed. But it's under Custom installations and not in the dropdown of Premiere Pro CC 2018 (12.0.0).  I can't get it to work. Any ideas? Previous versions worked fine.
  • Hi Bram,
    does it help to go to the advanced settings of the installed and to enable extension debugging for all listed versions there? This must be enabled for any "custom installation" to work.
    In general "custom installation" means that the normal installation provided by Adobe failed for whatever reason and we use a workaround to still install it. This workaround requires the extension debugging to be enabled (and it should be enabled by the installer automatically).
    If you still have issues, please open a support ticket at

PS: don't forget to restart Premiere after enabling the extension debugging.
    Bram Vreugdenhil said: Hi Mathias,
    The new version of Beatedit for Premiere CC2018 doesn't show up. The ZXP installer says it's succesfully installed. But it's under Custom installations and not in the dropdown of Premiere Pro CC 2018 (12.0.0).  I can't get it to work. Any ideas? Previous versions worked fine.
  • Any update on this? I have two copies of BeatEdit and neither of them work now. What's the deal?
  • Hi Matthew,

did you make sure to install the most recent version of BeatEdit (currently 1.0.10). Earlier versions are not compatible with CC 2018. You always find the most recent version in the “My Downloads & Licenses” section of your aescripts customer account at
    https://aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products/

Does it help if you enable "Extension Debugging" in the settings of the aescripts + aeplugins ZXP installer for all versions listed there (and restart Pr after doing this?).

Any update on this? I have two copies of BeatEdit and neither of them work now. What's the deal?

• I just installed BeatEdit into PremierProCC2017
    Using Mac running macOS Sierra, v 10.12.6

When I dropdown Window-->Extensions-->BeatEdit

Nothing happens. No windows popup. No error messages
  • Hi Barry,

does it help if you enable "Extension Debugging" in the settings of the aescripts + aeplugins ZXP installer for all versions listed there (and restart Pr after doing this?).

If it still does not work, please open a support ticket here:
    and include a screenshot of the installer showing how BeatEdit is listed as installed.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • hi My name is Kaplan 
    ı buy yesterday  BeatEdit for Premiere Pro and ı want do it this link but how can ı do ı don't know , ı can't find resort tutorial video how can ı do please can you help me? 

------->ı want this time remaping
    best regards
    Kaplan
  • @Kaplan:
    This has been created in After Effects with BeatAssistant for Ae (https://aescripts.com/beat-assistant/). But you can probably create something similar with BeatEdit, too, as follows:
    1) generate beat markers in Ae as described here: https://mamoworld.com/tutorials/beatmarkers-after-effects-beatedit-premiere-pro
    2) enable time remapping
    3) apply an expression to the time remapping property that shifts it a bit at each marker. If you don't know how to write expressions, you could also try the Increment at Marker or Change at Marker iExpression (https://mamoworld.com/after-effects-expression/increment-marker-1d) which are both contained in the movement modifier bundle of iExpressions available here https://aescripts.com/iexpressions/

Cheers
    Mathias
  • I recently updated to the current CC Premier.
    Cannot load Beat Edit :(
    Not Compatible :(
  • Never mind my last post.
    User Error - 
    Downloaded current version.
    Works perfectly.
  • Hi Delano,
    did you make sure to install the most recent version 1.0.10 of BeatEdit? It adds compatibility with CC 2018.
    You always find the most recent version in the “My Downloads & Licenses” section of your aescripts customer account at
    https://aescripts.com/downloadable/customer/products/

Cheers,
    Mathias

I recently updated to the current CC Premier.
    Cannot load Beat Edit :(
    Not Compatible :(

• Thanks for the clarification! :-)
    Never mind my last post.
    User Error - 
    Downloaded current version.
    Works perfectly.

• Does BeatEdit works for Premiere Pro 2019 yet, or should I wait buying it, until it's announced?:-)

Rergards
    Michael
  • Yes, it is compatible! I just updated the compatibility info in the product description :-)

Does BeatEdit works for Premiere Pro 2019 yet, or should I wait buying it, until it's announced?:-)

Rergards
    Michael

• Any chance that you guys release BeatEdit for DaVinci Resolve as an OFX plugin? In Premiere 2018 it dissaperead again from the Extension menu.
  • We develop BeatEdit for After Effects, but currently have no plans for DaVinci Resolve.
    If you have issues with BeatEdit not showing in the Extensions menu, please make sure you have installed the most recent version of BeatEdit and if it still does not work, please check if it helps to enable "extension debugging" in the Settings of the aescripts ZXP installer.

Any chance that you guys release BeatEdit for DaVinci Resolve as an OFX plugin? In Premiere 2018 it dissaperead again from the Extension menu.

• Hi, 
    Just purchased your product and I am getting this error, please clarify as soon as possible, I do need to use it now!  Premiere Pro 2019 I am using.image
  • Hi Viorel,
    this sounds like an antivirus software is blocking the beat detection process. Does it work if you temporarily disable any antivirus you have running?
    Please open a support ticket here:
    Then we can help you faster more effectively.
  • It's actually my Bidefender Total Security 2019 blocking the beat edit. Looks like is working now, I will keep you informed if something else occur. Thank you for your tip.
  • Ok, thank you for the feedback and good to hear that this solved the issue.

It's actually my Bidefender Total Security 2019 blocking the beat edit. Looks like is working now, I will keep you informed if something else occur. Thank you for your tip.

• Used this in trial mode - have you by chance updated this to reflect offset beats? Would love to hit on the snare & not the kick
  • Hi Rachael,
    the After Effects version (https://aescripts.com/beatedit-for-after-effects/) supports subdivision of the beats. If you first subdivide by 4 and then select every 4th of those beats, you can effectively create markers that are shifted in time by 1/2 or 1/4 beat.
    Here is a quick demo

The Ae version can also move markers:

In the Premiere version, all of this is not yet implemented, but will definitely be coming in the next update - probably next year.

Used this in trial mode - have you by chance updated this to reflect offset beats? Would love to hit on the snare & not the kick

• So I'm not trying to be negative since I purchased Beat Edit for $99.  I'm using Beat Edit for Premiere Pro, but every song I load ends up on the wrong beat at some point in time.  Extra metronome beats or long pauses between beats.  It actually doesn't even count of the first beat... it clicks on beat 2 for some reason.  Furthermore, The Slider doesn't slide all the way to the left when I drag it.   Whats the deal?  If there is an update for the Premiere Pro Version when is that expected? 
    Perhaps its user error, seems like not due to the fact you cant really change the settings. 
    This is a very expensive add on to have issues like this.
  • Hi Matthew,

thank you for your feedback!
    Actually, the beat detection of BeatEdit is very robust. You are right that due to technical reasons, BeatEdit skips the very first beat, if it is exactly at the beginning of the song (technically at the very beginning is silence, so it does not really see a beat there). This "first beat missing" issue will be fixed in the next version that we plan to publish soon, probably October. 
    The new version also adds some extra features - like the ability to move markers (similar to the feature of BeatEdit for Ae). But we don't have any updates on the core beat detection engine, since it is already working very well. So I am not sure what you mean with "every song I load ends up on the wrong beat at some point". As any artificial intelligence, BeatEdit is not 100% accurate on all songs, but is correct for most of them. Could you please open a support ticket at
    and send us some sample song(s)? Then I can test BeatEdit on those and give you better feedback.
    Please also add some more detailed explanation which slider is not moving as expected. Best attach some screenshots.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback - I really want to understand your issues to see what can still be improved in the future.

So I'm not trying to be negative since I purchased Beat Edit for $99.  I'm using Beat Edit for Premiere Pro, but every song I load ends up on the wrong beat at some point in time.  Extra metronome beats or long pauses between beats.  It actually doesn't even count of the first beat... it clicks on beat 2 for some reason.  Furthermore, The Slider doesn't slide all the way to the left when I drag it.   Whats the deal?  If there is an update for the Premiere Pro Version when is that expected? 
    Perhaps its user error, seems like not due to the fact you cant really change the settings. 
    This is a very expensive add on to have issues like this.

• My copy of Beat Edit won't load songs. wav or mp3. BE for PP 1.0.10. PP 13.1 OS 10.14.6  THX
  • Hi Paul,
    for whatever reason the most recent version Premiere Pro 13.1.5 kills and restarts BeatEdit BeatEdit whenever you try to open a song.
    We are about to release BeatEdit V2, which does not have this issue, fortunately. If you need BeatEdit to work urgently and cannot use an older version of Premiere Pro, please open a support ticket at
    and I will send you a BeatEdit V2 beta that you can work with.

Sorry for the inconvenience - we plan the V2 release since quite some time now, but that V1 stopped working with the latest Premiere update came very unexpected for us.

Cheers,
    Mathias
    My copy of Beat Edit won't load songs. wav or mp3. BE for PP 1.0.10. PP 13.1 OS 10.14.6  THX