• Rafi Khan said:
    What's the status on fixing the window resizing bug? Every time I open AE, the Kbar window is resized.
    Hi Jason, this is a bug in AE and how it manages workspaces.  Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about this.
    I have the same problem. Really annoying. Doesnt happen with extensions like overlord or lazy.
  • Rafi Khan said:
    What's the status on fixing the window resizing bug? Every time I open AE, the Kbar window is resized.
    Hi Jason, this is a bug in AE and how it manages workspaces.  Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about this.
    I have the same problem. Really annoying. Doesnt happen with extensions like overlord or lazy.
    Tip: When starting AE, I click my 1st KBar button, which is set to "Reset "..." to Saved Layout". Fixes all deranged windows. ;)    (...just make sure, you have an optimal workspace saved first of course.)
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Tip: When starting AE, I click my 1st KBar button, which is set to "Reset "..." to Saved Layout". Fixes all deranged windows. ;)    (...just make sure, you have an optimal workspace saved first of course.)
    Lars Jandel how you can make a button to reset UI ?? i tried it but kbar doesnt show custom command like this .
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Lars Jandel how you can make a button to reset UI ?? i tried it but kbar doesnt show custom command like this .
    First, just realised: This works flawless on Mac, but on Windows, the KBar UI won't reset to the saved layout unfortunately, sorry. (Win 10, CC18) :(
    But give it a try - maybe it depends. I added a Scriptlet with the menu command:
    app.executeCommand(3566) 
  • Rafi Khan said:
    First, just realised: This works flawless on Mac, but on Windows, the KBar UI won't reset to the saved layout unfortunately, sorry. (Win 10, CC18) :(
    But give it a try - maybe it depends. I added a Scriptlet with the menu command:
    app.executeCommand(3566) 
    The Scriptlet works here. Win 10 AE 2017. Thanks !!
  • My experiment to create a (reset) button ..
    KBar and some other scripts make distortion in panels sizes which is a pain to every time rescale them over & over again .
    i use (Rolando Mariano ) method but it sometimes works fine sometimes Not 
    app.executeCommand(3566) >> as scriptlet
    after loong hours of try & error i found that ..
    to make reset button works correctly u hav to use it when the workspace has the same size of saved workspace.
    for me ... i use AE stretched ui through 2 Monitors so any small distortion will be noticable 
    that also mean my AE window not maximized (not available to maximized through multi monitor)
    so .. after launching AE i pick the top edge of AE window to snap it to the monitor edge , by doing that i garanteed a maximized AE (height) , until now panels are shifted positions and scale 
    then i click reset button ... it start its magic :) 
    ================
    in pref:
    1- maximize ur AE window
    2- arrange ur panel
    3- save that workspace
    ================ ((when relaunch AE )) ===============
    1- maximize ur AE window
    2- click "Reset" button u hav created
    ===========================
    THanks Khanyu Inc for ur great work that i really really like.

• Hi! 
    First off great Extension! 

Im having trouble creating SVG's for Kbar, PNG's work fine, and SVG's from Sander's Primitives work perfectly, but when i export a 20x20 SVG from AI it wont show up in Kbar. just an empty space where the icon should be.

do you have any advice for specific export settings from AI?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out, i was saving as SVG not exporting. 

Thanks!
  • Rafi Khan said:
    THIS x 1000000000000

Doesn't happen with any other script/extension. Why is it happening with KBar?

Fantastic tool other than this annoyance of having to resize when opening AE.
  • Rafi Khan said:
    THIS x 1000000000000

Doesn't happen with any other script/extension. Why is it happening with KBar?

Fantastic tool other than this annoyance of having to resize when opening AE.

This how i fixed the problem ...
    Note: i stretch after effect window on two monitors.

1- open AE
    2- stretch window to maximize height by dragging the top edge 
    3- arrange panels
    4- window menu >> workspace >> save changes 
    5- use kbar to create button to reset ur workspace to wat u saved

type this command in the new created button  ........ as (scriptlet)

app.executeCommand(3566) thanks to (Rolando Mariano 
  • How exactly can I call a function within a script and pass arguments?
  • "KBar" Do you be able to open two or more of the panel at the same time?
  • I can't get any expressions to work without getting this error? "Unable to execute script at line 32. Function aeq.isAeq is undefined" Help?!
  • hi, i love this script! Would be possible instead of square buttons to have a text button that is wide like in explode shape layers for example? I cant read em easy like this. thanks
  • Hello,
    is it possible to have an alt click opt on each button, to have more than one action for a button ? thanks
  • I recently purchased this to replace ft-Toolbar. It seems that whenever I dock the Kbar window, upon relaunching After Effects it causes crashes. Is this tool not dock-able?
  • I recently purchased this to replace ft-Toolbar. It seems that whenever I dock the Kbar window, upon relaunching After Effects it causes crashes. Is this tool not dock-able?
    Hi Sean, the extension is definitely dockable like any other script.  This sounds like a bug in the version of After Effects itself. What version are you on?
  • Love this new tool! I created a customized toolbar and icons for use with KBar - free download http://www.sideshowfx.net/blahg/ 
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Hi Sean, the extension is definitely dockable like any other script.  This sounds like a bug in the version of After Effects itself. What version are you on?
    Rafi, thanks for getting back to me, I'm currently using it on 2015.3 
  • Hey i soudanly had this box appearing when AE start. Kbar stay black for few seconds after i put ok and then it's ok. I'm wondering because i'm looking for which extension or script of mine is making AE CC17 crash
    sanks
    Capture.PNG
    362 x 158 - 2K
  • Hi, thank you for good  extention. One annoying thing drives me crazy - resizing window. I saw tip about refreshing, using it, asking merely for information -  any chance to fix it??
  • I created an overview of the KBar script. Check it out  
  • Hi, thank you for good  extention. One annoying thing drives me crazy - resizing window. I saw tip about refreshing, using it, asking merely for information -  any chance to fix it??
    Hi Arkady.  Sorry youre having windowing problems.  A few people at this issue but unfortunately there's no fix.  It's a bug in the window management for AE.  There isn't really anything I can do.  
  • I absolutely love this!!! Only small issue - it wont let me create a shortcut for Trapcode Mir or Tao or Newton 
  • None of my expressions / scripts are working, they worked for like the first day of using this plugin and now I just get this error on the exact same line for every shortcut: "Unable to execute script at line 32. Function aeq.isAeq is undefined". 
  • I hope this can display all the toolbars at the same time, separated by horizontal lines, so that I can better classify all the icons. Plan to buy this in August.
    Arkadiy yes this is annoying but just make a shortcut for "reset layout to saved" or u cud even invoke it from Kbar itself. One thing that will affect this I've noticed is window size of After Effects must be the same as when the layout was saved. If your on mac just double tap the bar at the top to max out the window and then hit "reset". Voila. No dicking around w/ resizing.
  • be able to open multiple of panel at the same time?
  • Noticed a few inherent After Effects menu items are unavailable. One is Rove Across Time. Also, a few effects don't show up either. This includes Fill & Glow. 

Thanks!
  • Title / action safe? How can this become a shortcut?
  • Would love to have more than one bar open at a time...LOVE IT!
    P.S. I use KBar for efficiency and productivity...not because it's cool...although I do create my own icons...so that's pretty cool I guess. 
  • Title / action safe? How can this become a shortcut?
    It is with the apostrophe / quotation key

' "
  • Русская инструкция по Kbar
    + giveaway preset 

• Hello! 
    where is the data about the created buttons stored? I reinstalled it, the buttons didn't save, but I kept the old archive ?
  • Hello! Could you give me an advice, KBar after start stay black (whole UI window) - here is screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/lLMbJq6.png.

my setup: After Effects CC 2018 + Windows 64
  • Hello! 
    where is the data about the created buttons stored? I reinstalled it, the buttons didn't save, but I kept the old archive ?
    Mikhail, you can use the backup/restore buttons in "Settings"
  • Maxim Z. said:
    Hello! Could you give me an advice, KBar after start stay black (whole UI window) - here is screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/lLMbJq6.png.

my setup: After Effects CC 2018 + Windows 64
    Hi Maxim, please open a support ticket so I can help you.
  • Upgraded from ft_toolbar to Kbar. Finding Kbar doesn't keep its layout when I have Kbar down the side of the page in a single icon row. Every time I reopen a comp it returns to 4 wide icons instead of a single row.  I have saved workspace and even created a new default workspace but continues to revert to 4 icons widening the window. A tad annoying.

• Also like Matthew Phelan, I upgraded to KBar from FTToolbar.  I'm also having difficulty keeping the vertical layout.  Additionally, while its nice that we can have multiple Toolbars that we can select through, I'd love to have multiple open at once.  Previously, I ran with three separate FTToolbars around my UI, but given that KBar is an extension, I can't do this.  Can this be part of an update?
  • Also like Matthew Phelan, I upgraded to KBar from FTToolbar.  I'm also having difficulty keeping the vertical layout.  Additionally, while its nice that we can have multiple Toolbars that we can select through, I'd love to have multiple open at once.  Previously, I ran with three separate FTToolbars around my UI, but given that KBar is an extension, I can't do this.  Can this be part of an update?
    The vertical layout problem is an issue with all extensions for AE. You can see it with Flow, etc. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to fix it.

As for multi-toolbar instance support - that's coming in KBar 2.0 which is currently in pre-release as a beta.
  • Finally migrating to kbar from the dearly departed ft_toolbar. is it possible now, or sometime in the near the future to assign keyboard shortcuts to buttons i make in kbar? oh please oh please?!
  • Hi everyone, 

Is there a way to get layer settings like Ft used to do? Say I get a layer with all the effects and settings (solid, ramp, top and bottom color, blur, etc) and I want to make a button to replicate it quickly. Is it possible?
  • Finally migrating to kbar from the dearly departed ft_toolbar. is it possible now, or sometime in the near the future to assign keyboard shortcuts to buttons i make in kbar? oh please oh please?!
    It's coming up in the next release of KBar. ETA is a month or so. If you desperately needed it contact me directly and I can add you to the KBar 2.0 beta.
  • Hi everyone, 

Is there a way to get layer settings like Ft used to do? Say I get a layer with all the effects and settings (solid, ramp, top and bottom color, blur, etc) and I want to make a button to replicate it quickly. Is it possible?
    It's not supported right now but is on the list for a future version of KBar.
  • Hi.  Like some of the user below, I am having a problem getting kbar working on Windows. I've installed the zxp.installer and install the kbar-1.1.2.zxp. Zxp installer indicated that kbar have installed for AE but when I boot up AE and try to launch kbar but only blank shell open.

my setup: After Effects CC 2018 + Windows 10

Please help.

Kind regards
  • Just upgraded to CC2019 - kBar is not available.
    Tried to re-install but the installer doesn't know about CC2019.

Is there a fix for this - or is it possible to move kBar from CC2018 to CC2019?

Thanks for your help
  • Hi - Same as uswer below, cant get kbar to show up in AE CC2019.

Any tips on how to get it installed and working?
  • Same as below. Will there be an update for 2019 coming?
  • Hi everyone, I just saw the posts on KBar not working on CC 2019.  I'm looking into it. Will try to get an update out as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for your patience and thanks for letting me know.
  • thanks for getting a fix out so quickly, rafi! waited until kbar was working to start working and testing projects in cc19.