Property Effector
  • Is there a way to get the controller into parent comp? So I could control stuff within a pre-comp. It could be kinda cool if you could put the controls into the parent-comp itself to control whats happening within the comp.
  • Yes, if you open up the property effector settings you can change the path from relative to absolute.  Using absolute paths will allow you to pre-compose layers, or copy and paste them from one comp to another without breaking the expressions.
  • Purchased an hour ago and playing with it now... this is an amazing little tool. Thank you.
  • Thanks, Jonas!  That's great to hear.
  • Is the Property Effector able to control the percentage of motion along a path? 
  • No, but you could use it to control the time remapping of a pre-comp to get a similar end result.
  • No CS6 version?
  • Property Effector has not  been tested in CS6, although there is a good possibility it will work.  If you are running CS6 I would recommend taking the free trial for a spin.
  • I just purchased this great script, but a few things are not working as expected.  When I click on the gear icon to change the settings, I can't click the "Close" button at the bottom of the settings panel.  I can click the "x" in the upper right hand corner, but the settings won't stick.  Therefore, I can only run the script with the stock settings.

Also, I can't remove the effector from multiple layers at once.  If I want to remove the expression from the position value for five layers, it will only remove the expression for the top most layer.  Is this normal behavior?  It would be great if it removed the expression for all the selected properties.

Thank you for this great script.  I'm hopping to figure out these two issues and start really playing with it.

Windows 8.1
    AE 2015 (13.7.0.124)
  • Hi Kevin,

I am working on removal for all selected properties for a future update.  Currently, only one property can be removed at a time.  Or you can remove all properties at once by selecting the Driver.  

Version 1.01 should fix the issue with the settings menu.  If you are running v1.01 and it's still happening, it might be an issue specific to Windows 8.1.  I will check it out to see if I can reproduce the error.  Thanks for the feedback, hopefully we can get everything straightened out for you quickly.

• Thanks for the quick response Ryan.  I'm glad to hear that an update will take care of removing the expression of all selected properties.

I'm running the most current version of the script and the issue with the menu still continues.  I tried it on my laptop as well with the same results of a non responsive setting menu.  My laptop has the same version of Windows and AE.

Should a folder for the script be automatically generated somewhere on my system.  I know that other scripts that I have create a folder for the settings.  I did a search for a folder related to the script and I couldn't locate one.  Maybe the location for the settings can't be generated?  Just a stab in the dark.  Please let me know if you need anything else from me to get it resolved.  Thanks.
  • justy bought your script,

nice work! will speed up my workflow significantly!

I do have some suggestions on how to make it even more powerful if you're intrested?

griendly reagrds and keep up the good work

• Thank you, Bart.  I would love to hear any suggestions you have for future releases.
  • Ryan,

I just wanted to check in to see if you have made any progress on why I can't change any of the menu settings.  Thanks.  I appreciate it.

Kevin
  • Hi Kevin,

The issue should be fixed in the next update which will be out sometime next month if all goes smoothly.  The bug seems to be specific to Windows 8.1 machines.  If you have access to a Mac or Windows 10 machine you should be able to run it without issue.

Cheers,
    Ryan
  • Ryan, any chance that the update is around the corner? The bug with Windows 8.1 makes it unusable for me. I would love to use it in my workflow. Thanks. I hope all is well.
  • Ryan, any chance that the update is around the corner? The bug with Windows 8.1 makes it unusable for me. I would love to use it in my workflow. Thanks. I hope all is well.
    I am now seeing this issue with the latest AE update (wasn't there before). 
    Using AE 2017.2 on Windows 10 Enterprise.
  • I'm seeing the problem with the menu now too.  Working on it. 
    I am now seeing this issue with the latest AE update (wasn't there before). 
    Using AE 2017.2 on Windows 10 Enterprise.
    I've just posted v1.0.2 and it fixes this menu bug.  Apologies for the long delay in taking care of this issue.
  • Yes!  I have been really wanting to use this script.  So stoked it's fixed!  Thanks!
  • Yes!  I have been really wanting to use this script.  So stoked it's fixed!  Thanks!
    No problem!  Please let me know if you run into any issues using it. 
  • When I run Property Effector, the following message appears.
    'Unable to execute script at line 1, Bad argument'

I turn on 'Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network'

How can I fix this?? Please Help!!! 
    My PC spec
    Win 10
    AECC 2017
  • When I run Property Effector, the following message appears.
    'Unable to execute script at line 1, Bad argument'
    It sounds like you are running the script out of the wrong folder.  In order for it to open correctly, it needs to be copied to After Effects CC 2017/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels/ 

Once it's in the correct folder restart After Effects.  It will show up at the bottom of the Window menu.
  • Any idea when Property Effector will work with paths and masks ?

• Any idea when Property Effector will work with paths and masks ?
    I'm looking into it now, the next update is in the works.  Aiming to release it in the next couple of months.
  • Is this compatible with CC2018 or CC2019?  
  • Hi Ryan,

Using Property Effector, I wondered if it were possible to create a slider that controls the relationship between one layer and another. For example, in your demo with the squares moving at 0%, 20%, 50%, 100%, 200% of the slider's value, could I create another slider that easily changes this percentage ratio so I can animate with different curves? I will be working with compositions with 50+ layers in, so need to be able to do this simply, rather than writing 50x percentage values in, and then changing them all by hand should the curve be incorrect. Ordinarily, I would do this kind of thing based upon the index of a layer in a composition, but don't know how to do it within a Property Effector layer, if it is indeed possible. Are you able to help?
  • This is by far one of my favorite tools on AEscripts! I would like to suggest something for any possible updates to this tool. It would be nice if the script could manage multiple "Property Effector Controls". As of now, if you want to drive more than one configuration in the same comp, you have to edit the script to point to a new "Property Effector Control" layer, which contains the control parameters. If the script allowed you to apply the selected properties to another "Propert Effector Control" layer, then this tool would be even more useful.
  • in AE 20 on a PC. I'm getting the Unable to execute script at line 1. a does not have a constructor.
  • 1.5.1 fixes the startup/constructor error.