Flash Buffer Pro
  • Any plans to make it R19 compatible? 
    Sure! Flash Buffer plugin already Cinema 4D R19 compatible.
  • Hey Mike,

you did nice work here.
    However, i downloaded the trial version to test the plugin. And I don’t know if I encountered a bug or if this behaviour is by design.

When I have a certain hierarchy of render settings which are nested in a parent-child mannor, I can activate my child render setting as usual and add object buffers to it as desired. But when I later want to delete these object buffers from the nested child render setting, the plugin doesn’t find the passes anymore. If I don’t nest them, everything works just fine.

Do you see any chance to add a feature which makes sure, that one can work with a nested render setting hierarchy and add and delete passes like desired?

I hope I made thing clear. If not, just let me know and I will try again.

Cheers,
    Sebastian
  • Thank you for your feed back!
    I will check it soon! 
  • Do you see any chance to add a feature which makes sure, that one can work with a nested render setting hierarchy and add and delete passes like desired?

Already done! 
    Please download and install latest version.
  • Hey Mike,

nice to see you working it out so fast! :)
    However, if I download and install the latest version, it’s not opening in c4d.
    I mean it’s in the plugin menu but it won’t do anything if I click on it. Tried it with R17 and R18 by the way.

Sorry to bother you again but this way I can’t test it. :(

Cheers,
    Sebastian
  • I mean it’s in the plugin menu but it won’t do anything if I click on it. Tried it with R17 and R18 by the way.
    1. Remove old version of plugin from plugins folder.
    2. Trial period may expire. With trial mode you can use plugin with 5 launches of programm.
    3. Restart app, open Script Console and show me messages. 
  • Hey Mike,

1. and 2. didn’t do the trick.
    So here’s what the console says:

##
    Flash Buffer Pro initialized.
    ##
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 1398, in Execute
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 878, in check_num
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 171, in __init__
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 47, in __init__
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 113, in __getLicenserTool
    NameError: global name 'ltm' is not defined

• Hey Mike,

1. and 2. didn’t do the trick.
    So here’s what the console says:

Thank you, Sebastian!
    I found a little bug that appears only on a Mac versions.
    Please, install latest version.
  • Oh Mike,

thanks for taking the effort to solve issues that quick.
    But I really don’t like to say this – it’s still not working…
    It seems as if there are some issues with variable namespaces inside the python code.
    When I install the latest version and fire up c4d the console now says following.

##
    Flash Buffer Pro initialized.
    ##
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 1409, in <module>
    RuntimeError: The plugin ID '1037006' collides with another plugin ID in 'Flash_buffer_aesc'.
    You have to use a unique ID for registering your plugin!
    You can get a personal number for free from PluginCafe at www.plugincafe.com
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 1398, in Execute
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 878, in check_num
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 171, in __init__
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 47, in __init__
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 113, in __getLicenserTool

PS: To make sure that the problem isn’t coming from anything else, I removed every other plugin I had installed.

Cheers,
    Sebastian

• Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "'flash_buffer_aesc.pypv'", line 1409, in <module>
    RuntimeError: The plugin ID '1037006' collides with another plugin ID in 'Flash_buffer_aesc'.

Cheers,
    Sebastian
    You have to remove  Flash_buffer_aesc.pypv file. There is conflict of versions. 
  • I seem to be running into a problem when trying to use the Rename functions, nothing is happening after clicking the 'Rename' button. Here is the Console log:

Unhandled exception in thread started by <function rename_and_move at 0x14153b230>
      File "/PathToC4D/plugins/Flash Buffer/flash_buffer_aesc.pypv", line 492, in rename_and_move
        ImportError: No module named fileseq

I'm currently using the trial version of the plugin on R20 in MacOS. 
  • I seem to be running into a problem when trying to use the Rename functions, nothing is happening after clicking the 'Rename' button. 
    Hello James! Which version of plugin you use?
  • Module installation bug fixed! 
    Please download new version.
  • Mike Udin said:
    I seem to be running into a problem when trying to use the Rename functions, nothing is happening after clicking the 'Rename' button. 
    I was originally using v1.201.

I tried installing the new version (v1.2.2) and the plugin is failing to load. This is the message I'm getting in console:

File ".../plugins/Flash Buffer/flash_buffer_aesc_1.2.2.pypv", line 1398, in Execute

File ".../plugins/Flash Buffer/flash_buffer_aesc_1.2.2.pypv", line 878, in check_num
          File ".../plugins/Flash Buffer/flash_buffer_aesc_1.2.2.pypv", line 171, in __init__
          File ".../plugins/Flash Buffer/flash_buffer_aesc_1.2.2.pypv", line 47, in __init__

File ".../plugins/Flash Buffer/flash_buffer_aesc_1.2.2.pypv", line 113, in __getLicenserTool

Thanks for the quick response!
  • Mike Udin said:
    I seem to be running into a problem when trying to use the Rename functions, nothing is happening after clicking the 'Rename' button. 

I tried installing the new version (v1.2.2) and the plugin is failing to load. This is the message I'm getting in console:

Thank you for the feedback! I was fixed this Mac issue. Try to install new version 1.2.3 please. 
  • Mike Udin said:
    Mike Udin said:

Thank you for the feedback! I was fixed this Mac issue. Try to install new version 1.2.3 please. 
    Version 1.2.3 corrected the issue! The only thing I'm noticing now is when using "Object Buffer/Buffer Name" in the passes, it doesn't create a parent directory for 'Object Buffer' like it does for you at 4:55 in your video. It just places each of the passes into their respective folders.

It's not that much of an issue for me, but figured you would like to know. Thanks for your help, and I love the plugin!
  • it doesn't create a parent directory for 'Object Buffer' like it does for you at 4:55 in your video.

Use this option for creating custom folder structures.

Path from names option indicate, that now all slashes («/» or «\») in the passes names is the dividers to create a new path. Organizing OB files becomes easier!
  • Any plans to make it R21 compatible?
    It works with R21, R20, R19, R18, R17, R16, R15, R14, R13, R12
  • Any plans to make it R23 compatible?
  • Neo Chu said:
    Any plans to make it R23 compatible?
    I think in next month
  • Mike Udin said:
    Neo Chu said:
    I think in next month
    June almost pasted
  • Neo Chu said:
    Mike Udin said:
    Neo Chu said:
    I think in next month
    June almost pasted
    Hello! Please contact me here to solve this issue. In the message provide your Aescripts license number.
  • NOT WORKING IN C4Dr24
  • Is it discontinue support for C4D latest verson
  • Is it discontinue support for C4D latest verson
    Please open support ticket and provide me your order information and license key to recive latest version with C4D R24 support