• Please bring on the Mac Version asap!! :)
  • Hi Christoph,
    Please open a ticket to participate in the beta of AfterCodecs OSX !
  • Hi,

I was wondering why my prores 422 LT file was very heavy. Let me explain, My uncompressed file is 2:00 minutes and is 20 gigs, when I compresse with your plugin, it gives me a 9 gigs file with the prores 422 LT Codec... That is a big file ? 

I have version 1.1.4
    And the latest ffmpeg installed.
  • That is a big file ? 

Hi Daniel, what is your resolution and framerate ? For 30 fps ProRes LT of 2 min should be < 1.5 GB in HD and  < 6 GB in 4K
    If you can send me the file on a google drive for me to look at I will be able to tell you if there's an issue with its size or with ffmpeg
  • Sure would like to be able to use this from Premiere.  Is that a very hard issue to tackle or are you guys working on this?
  • That is a big file ? 

Don't forget to file a ticket and send me a sample :) !

Sure would like to be able to use this from Premiere.  Is that a very hard issue to tackle or are you guys working on this?
    No it's definitely doable. I'm finishing the After Effects OSX version right now, then I have some feature to add (for example saving the timecode into the .mov file, very important) and then I'll continue the development of the Premiere Pro version ! I hope to have a beta by mid - end November.
  • Can I use AfterCodecs with BG Renderer ?
    It seems to work. You can make up your mind with both trials of theses products :) 
    Yes!
  • This is a great tool to encode (up to) 8K 360˚ videos for YouTube!

It would even be better if the encoder had an option to embed 360 metadata, so YouTube knows it's a 360 video.

Right now, we still have to use the Spatial Media Metadata Injector tool as an extra time consuming step:

Can this be included in a future update pretty please?   You might want to add a 4K and 8K 360 YouTube preset as well.

• Hi Peter,

Thanks for the comment and suggestion.

I'm still making some tests for x264 8K on Youtube, and be sure there is no glitch. What's also great is that x264 8K can be reimported back on AE Windows but not on AE OSX (which still uses Quicktime!)

I'm looking for how to add 360 metadata with ffmpeg but haven't found it yet. It might not be doable yet. I've also looked at if I could use the SMMI tool by command line but haven't succeeded in anything yet.

I'm definitely going to add a "Youtube Upload" in the codec dropdown in a future version :)
  • Is there any way to make this work with the "INCLUDE PROJECT LINK" in AE so that that info is embedded in the ProRes exports so we can use EDIT ORIGINAL in Premiere (which will open up the AE project file)? Is this possible/planned for a future release? 

Thanks!
  • Is there any way to make this work with the "INCLUDE PROJECT LINK" in AE so that that info is embedded in the ProRes exports so we can use EDIT ORIGINAL in Premiere (which will open up the AE project file)? Is this possible/planned for a future release? 

Thanks!
    Hi Paul,
    I've been asked this feature before. Thank you for the reminder.
    I don't know yet if this is possible with ffmpeg as of now. I will investigate this feature next week and keep you up to date !
  • This plugin can use my presets or just yours?

• mike axel said:
    This plugin can use my presets or just yours?
    Hi, do you mean the ffmpeg command line ? What kind of codec / parameter do you need ?
  • Dorni Soft said:
    ffmpeg command line
    Yes. I need all my settings ) +sound pref
    FFMPEG not only mp4
  • Hi there,
    This plugin seems super awesome and just what I'm looking for! However when I downloaded the trial, and rendered it out on a fairly heavy scene with about 100 characters, it completely froze at the same spot every single time. I couldn't stop the render and had to use the task manager to close the non-responsive program each time.
    I tried it in both AE 2015 and 2017... is this going to be a consistent glitch? Is it something you've encountered before? 
    I'd love to purchase this plugin if I can rely on it.

Thank you for your answer. 

Andrew
  • mike axel said:
    Dorni Soft said:
    ffmpeg command line
    Yes. I need all my settings ) +sound pref
    FFMPEG not only mp4
    Yes I would like to add advanced features like custom command line (for power users) but they are not high on my priority list

Hi there,
    This plugin seems super awesome and just what I'm looking for! However when I downloaded the trial, and rendered it out on a fairly heavy scene with about 100 characters, it completely froze at the same spot every single time. I couldn't stop the render and had to use the task manager to close the non-responsive program each time.
    I tried it in both AE 2015 and 2017... is this going to be a consistent glitch? Is it something you've encountered before? 
    I'd love to purchase this plugin if I can rely on it.

Thank you for your answer. 

Andrew
    Hi Andrew, Could you fill a ticket for this bug ? Thanks
  • Hey we've noticed that v1.2 renders ProRes 4444(Alpha) at a much brighter setting than v1.1.3

v1.1.3's output matches the original plate just fine, but when a machine with 1.2 renders it (with either 8 or 16 bit alpha selected) we've noticed it's considerably brighter than the original footage. 

Thoughts?
  • Hey we've noticed that v1.2 renders ProRes 4444(Alpha) at a much brighter setting than v1.1.3

v1.1.3's output matches the original plate just fine, but when a machine with 1.2 renders it (with either 8 or 16 bit alpha selected) we've noticed it's considerably brighter than the original footage. 

Thoughts?
    Hi Zach, Thank you for the comment. Could you open a ticket for this issue ? Thanks

Thanks!
    There doesn't seem to be enough info in the AE API in order to do that. Sorry.

Thanks!
    Hi Paul,
    I've hacked something so you will be able to do that ! It's an experimental feature and I would like you to test it. Could you please open a support ticket so that I can send you a beta version to test ? Thanks !
  • Error message on FFMPEG - It keep saying it is not good enough version even I have download the latest version.. what is going on!! Need to fix asap!
  • Error message on FFMPEG - It keep saying it is not good enough version even I have download the latest version.. what is going on!! Need to fix asap!
    Hi, please open a support ticket detailing your issue and a .log file generated by AfterCodecs when trying to export. Here is to talk about the product not solving issues :)
    Thanks!

Thanks!
    You can test this feature in the 1.2.1 version !
  • Antonine,

I am enjoying your awesome plugin and recommended it often. I know you said back in June there would be an AME version soon. Please update your progress if you can!

Lately, it seems I render the majority of my projects using "Queue in AME" and would love to be able to use AfterCodecs there and of course Premiere Pro at some point as well.

Thanks again for a great plugin.

• Antonine,

I am enjoying your awesome plugin and recommended it often. I know you said back in June there would be an AME version soon. Please update your progress if you can!

Lately, it seems I render the majority of my projects using "Queue in AME" and would love to be able to use AfterCodecs there and of course Premiere Pro at some point as well.

Thanks again for a great plugin.

Hello Brad, Thank you for the nice comment.
    Yes I'm currently working on it don't worry :)
  • Antonine,

I really want to give this plugin a try... However, I read in the comments below that you are working on a solution for AME... my comment is similar to Brad's sorry to annoy.

1.  Any update on when it will be ready for AME?
    2.  If I purchase the plugin now... will I need to purchase a new plugin later for AME???

Ultimately, an automatic AME solution would be better for me.  That is why I ask

Cheers,

Travis
  • Antonine,

I really want to give this plugin a try... However, I read in the comments below that you are working on a solution for AME... my comment is similar to Brad's sorry to annoy.

1.  Any update on when it will be ready for AME?
    2.  If I purchase the plugin now... will I need to purchase a new plugin later for AME???

Ultimately, an automatic AME solution would be better for me.  That is why I ask

Cheers,

Travis
    Hello Travis,

It will be released in April or May depending on the success of the beta test. Do you want to participate in the beta-test (next month) ?
    You will have to buy it separately however.
    What do you mean by automatic AME solution ?

Cheers,
    Antoine
  • Antoine,

Well... we all have our own workflow... for me.... I use a web app that writes scripts for the OpenSesame script... I import through there... so I can very easily add items to the render queue.... issue is that I have a lot of videos to do so AME actually is a bit better because of the number of different project files I have to deal with.... 

By automatic AME .... I guess for me it would be nice to be able to have a render queue setting that worked in such a way that when I hit render in after effects it would send all the items in the que on to AME instead.  

not sure... still working out in my head how I can get what I need... but in general.. I would love a an api to send in my info without dealing with a gui... all these scripts have way too many guis... we need a better api IMO... for all these scripts

• Hi Travis,

Do you use this ? https://aescripts.com/pt_opensesame/

Yes for After Effects I think a button for instantly rendering in background would be nice.

As for the scripting I don't think you can give options to the exporter you are using in aerender.exe and can only use predefined templates. One solution would be to have an AfterCodecs desktop software you can use with command line.
    An easier solution for now would be for AfterCodecs AE plugin to be able to choose it's options from a file. Can you edit .ini file with your scripting ?
  • Yes! I think I could manage editting ini files. I use the script you have linked. Basically my webapp creates csv files that feed opensesame.... I use php so creating any file is easy I believe bit not sure how permissions might play a role with ini files so I would need to test it but... it sounds interesting... would be nice to setup a watchfolder type scenerio I thought. Possibly with your current plugin this might be scalable for me... again just weighing the options. Hope these tips better inform your coding!
  • Are you asking your loyal customers to pay for separate licenses for each host?  My goodness.
    I would have been happy to pay an upgrade fee for your hard work on the new versions but full price for each host is rather hard to accept.  Especially for those of us with you for a long time.
  • Are you asking your loyal customers to pay for separate licenses for each host?  My goodness.

I would have been happy to pay an upgrade fee for your hard work on the new versions but full price for each host is rather hard to accept.  Especially for those of us with you for a long time.
    We price our tools as affordably as we can. You can check the price of competing products to AfterCodecs and hopefully you can appreciate that these tools are still a great deal for what you get :)
  • When I export an AE sequence with no video files (just pictures and effects) through Media Encoder as ProRes 422 the final file is interlaced. But there seems to be no option to choose between interlaced and progressive.

I've also tried it directly with After Effects... same composition, same settings and it wasn't interlaced. Maybe the Media Encoder Plugin might be not working correctly?

Edit: It's like I would use a Fiel Render with the AE Render Queue under Render Settings. But ther is no such option in the Media Encoder where I could disable it.
  • When I export an AE sequence with no video files (just pictures and effects) through Media Encoder as ProRes 422 the final file is interlaced. But there seems to be no option to choose between interlaced and progressive.

I've also tried it directly with After Effects... same composition, same settings and it wasn't interlaced. Maybe the Media Encoder Plugin might be not working correctly?

Edit: It's like I would use a Fiel Render with the AE Render Queue under Render Settings. But ther is no such option in the Media Encoder where I could disable it.
    Hi Christian,
    Interlaced ProRes is not available yet but we are working on adding this feature. If you had interlaced ProRes out of AfterCodecs please fill a bug ticket about it !

Hi Christian,
    Interlaced ProRes is not available yet but we are working on adding this feature. If you had interlaced ProRes out of AfterCodecs please fill a bug ticket about it !
    No I don't want it to be interlaced. When I render the same composition using Media Encoder the finished ProRes file is interlaced and with AE Render Queue it is progressive.
  • Yes that shouldn't happen ; Could you fill a bug ticket about it with a little project sample, the log file and the output ? Thanks
  • Dornisoft said:
    > Another question, is there any chance that your exporter will support higher resolution in the future ? Or is this a limitation of the FFMpeg encoder ?
    I'm on a current project with comps in 14716x2368 pixels.

> Last question, I did a first export with AfterCodecs in 444, a second export in PNG sequence then I exported this sequence whitin Media Encoder on a Mac in ProRes444. Both files looks good almost the same (I supperpose the 2 files in Difference blending mode) ! My only concern is about the file size. The one encoded with AfterCodecs : 921mo, the one from MediaEncoder on a Mac : 551mo. Why such a difference ? Is your plugin not supposed to export lighter files ?
    x264 supports up to 4K (8 millions pixels) whereas 14716x2368 is 34 millions pixels..
    Maybe x265 or WebM supports your resolution (8K -> 33 millions pixels), but that depends on a lot of factors and also framerate so you'll have to test that (WebM is coming soon)

The lighter files are with x264 / x265, ProRes is useful because it's available for Windows but the encoder are about the same than thoses of Apple. Concerning the filesize / 444 quality I'll do some test when I'll have a Mac.
    Thank you for your quick answer. I know x264 is limited. It is why we render those big files only in ProRes. So i do precise my previous quesion, will your encoder be able to export those big files in ProRes (not x264 or x265) in a future update, or is it not possible ?
    I can't answer for now, I'll do some tests. Are you currently able to use ProRes for your giant comp ? Please open a ticket it's better for discussion

• Well I just bought both but I still think the pricing is shortsighted.
  • Well I just bought both but I still think the pricing is shortsighted.
    We appreciate the feedback 
  • Was wondering on the Aftereffects render side of things how customization output are  and if MXF file output could be added in the drop down of this plugin? Adobe removed the option from AE itself a few version ago. It has force us to always use Media encoder to render, which is not always ideal with some plugs bogging down in Media Encoder itself. Would be good if we could render MXF files directly out of AE again.
  • Was wondering on the Aftereffects render side of things how customization output are  and if MXF file output could be added in the drop down of this plugin? Adobe removed the option from AE itself a few version ago. It has force us to always use Media encoder to render, which is not always ideal with some plugs bogging down in Media Encoder itself. Would be good if we could render MXF files directly out of AE again.
    Hi Matthew,
    What video and audio codecs do you need with MXF ?
    Hi Matthew,
    What video and audio codecs do you need with MXF ?
    Video Codec  XDCAMHD 35 PAL
    Audio Uncompressed 48000Hz 2 channel
  • Video Codec  XDCAMHD 35 PAL
    Audio Uncompressed 48000Hz 2 channel
    Hi Matthew,
    We don't support XDCAMHD as of now. It might come later. Do you use interlacing (if you are going through after effects then you are ok with AE doing the deinterlacing and reinterlacing) ? Why not using another progressive codec for post production ?
  • Would it be possible to add some more control for the audio output? I specifically need x264 with 320 CBR audio.
  • Would it be possible to add some more control for the audio output? I specifically need x264 with 320 CBR audio.
    Hi Greg, we might add this feature later.
    In the meantime you can use H264/H265 with Speed=4 (Fast) the AAC audio will be 320k.
  • Any way to get this working on CS6?
    I'd also be interested in a CS6 version, not everyone likes SaaS
  • Once all the issues are solved we'll look into getting this for older versions. What codecs do you need most for CS6 ?
  • Yeah--seeing color shift in latest version of Prores HQ--pretty unacceptable.