• imageTransfusion

Transfusion is the first plugin to bring AI Style Transfer in After Effects. It works with pre-trained neural networks to mimic various styles over your photos and videos. Please note that it is currently only available for Windows

https://aescripts.com/transfusion/

• Hello,

just got your wonderful plug.
    Any chance that in future it will be also compatible with CC2014?
    I know it sounds weird but that version is still super popular in post production cause it's the last one before adobe dismissed mutiple frame render.

Thank you anyway!
  • Hello,

I know it sounds weird but that version is still super popular in post production cause it's the last one before adobe dismissed mutiple frame render.

Thank you anyway!
    hi Francesco! thanks for the kind words. we will look into it, sure. thanks for the suggestion
  • wow this plugin is amazing
    will there be possibility to make you own style/.trx file in near future?
    in the meantime,, how can find anymore .trx files? & how do i find how to make my own?

in the meantime,, how can find anymore .trx files? & how do i find how to make my own?
    Hello weird core,

Thank you for the compliment!

The reason why this plugin is fast, for an AI algorithm, is that we pre-train the styles on a supercomputer before releasing them to you.

We are working on releasing more TRX very soon, in fact, you can even share a style image suggestion if you want (just make sure the image is free of rights).
    You can post your suggestion here while we are working on the “style suggestion” section of Transfusion.ai website.

Cheers,

Louis
  • This looks unreal!! Any timeline on when it might come to the Mac?

Thanks Zach!
    the Mac version is under development and is the top priority. we will post when we know when it's going to be ready for release.
    Thanks Zach! the Mac version is under development and is the top priority. we will post when we know when it's going to be ready for release.
    Awesome, super response time!
  • Awesome :D Really pumped to put this through it's paces a bit more! Can't wait for the OSX version but trying the trial on my underpowered PC right now. 

Any chance of making this GPU accelerated? Are there any plans to let people train their own style images? A web portal or something where we could upload an image and it spits out a .TRX file would be really interesting.

I'm having some issues with images with using more motion graphic style images. It seems like it's always treating the edge of the image as a border and is adding lines there when it shouldn't. Here's a pretty simple example. I'm guessing there's not much I can do about this, but handling this kind of case better would be awesome :D

• Awesome :D Really pumped to put this through it's paces a bit more! Can't wait for the OSX version but trying the trial on my underpowered PC right now. 

Any chance of making this GPU accelerated? Are there any plans to let people train their own style images? A web portal or something where we could upload an image and it spits out a .TRX file would be really interesting.

I'm having some issues with images with using more motion graphic style images. It seems like it's always treating the edge of the image as a border and is adding lines there when it shouldn't. Here's a pretty simple example. I'm guessing there's not much I can do about this, but handling this kind of case better would be awesome :D

hi kert!

yes, mac and gpu are under development, we wanted to make it available as soon as possible for you but we still developing it. as for custom styles, you will soon be able to make suggestions on our website so we can look at it for our next style packs.

it will always ne hard with graphic images. try blurring it and adding some noise to your image. transfusion needs data to work with! it will give best results if your input is more than a shape with a unique color. but you'll still be able to make it do the shape you want. just play a little bit more with altering your source and you'll find it ;)
  • Hello -
    Do you have an ETA for OS X version? Will it be available before sale is over?

If we purchase now, will we be able to use OS X version when available, or will that require a separate purchase?

I would suggest that in the future, if you have "style packs", that you make them downloadable as one zip file, and not force the user to click on each and everyone to get them.

And finally do you have an ETA for GPU version? Will that version incorporate any type of optical flow like Deepflow?

Thanks for your time.

• If we purchase now, will we be able to use OS X version when available, or will that require a separate purchase?

I'll let the team answer the other questions but the mac version will be a free update. 
  • Hello -

If we purchase now, will we be able to use OS X version when available, or will that require a separate purchase?

I would suggest that in the future, if you have "style packs", that you make them downloadable as one zip file, and not force the user to click on each and everyone to get them.

And finally do you have an ETA for GPU version? Will that version incorporate any type of optical flow like Deepflow?

Thanks for your time.

hi Sam! thanks for the suggestion.
    we are currently developing the mac version first but we can't say any date for now.

• hi Sam! thanks for the suggestion. we are currently developing the mac version first but we can't say any date for now.
    How about the GPU, will that utilize optical flow?
  • If we purchase now, will we also be able to download the mac version when it's ready?
  • If we purchase now, will we also be able to download the mac version when it's ready?

Yes definitely
  • will it be compatible with the most stable After Effects version - CS6?
  • Hello,

Thank you anyway!
    Hi Francesco! We don't intend to extend our support to older versions of AE, at least for now
  • Hello -

Thanks for your time.

Hey Sam ! 
    Thanks for the suggestion on adding a "Download All Styles". This is now available in the gallery :)
    As for GPU, we don't have a precise roadmap for it already. 
    Note that we just made an update so you can now use custom styles as an input!
    Hi there ! We just made an update to our plugin package to allow custom style input, you might want to check it out :)
  • If the Mac version isn't ready until after this sale ends will you offer the same 30% off when it is available? I understand that I can purchase the current version and get a free upgrade, but since I am Mac only I have no way to test the plugin, and so am reluctant to purchase without trying the demo version.
  • With the 1.1 update, when using blend, what are the "style source" options for, that is, the second drop down that has "source" "masks" and "effects and masks"? I don't see any documentation on this.

In the future, can you open up the controls for blend to be more robust, allowing us to get to things like brush size, color transfer (between style and original) etc? With a lot of the GitHub repositories for style transfer we are able to get to MANY more settings that can both help with the creative style, but also to help reduce flickering between frames (such as smoothing, wash, etc.)

Also, to be clear, the main thing I am asking about when I keep harping on use of the GPU is whether or not you will be implementing any type of optical flow in the future? So it is not so much about GPU/CPU but if there are plans to use any type of temporal coherence in the future.

Finally, the new styles that you have uploaded are a little underwhelming in my humble opinion. You seem to be gravitating to training things like rope and embroidery, when what I think is needed are a good base of of things with big brush strokes, little brush strokes, watercolor, oils etc. 

Things like ropes and maps and "metal head" "circuits" are sort of interesting, but don't have much applicability that I can see. So again I would humbly suggest that you start out with some more basic and varied art styles and not keep creating things that while novel, may not have much real world use.

Thanks for your time.
  • With the 1.1 update, when using blend, what are the "style source" options for, that is, the second drop down that has "source" "masks" and "effects and masks"? I don't see any documentation on this.

In the future, can you open up the controls for blend to be more robust, allowing us to get to things like brush size, color transfer (between style and original) etc? With a lot of the GitHub repositories for style transfer we are able to get to MANY more settings that can both help with the creative style, but also to help reduce flickering between frames (such as smoothing, wash, etc.)

Also, to be clear, the main thing I am asking about when I keep harping on use of the GPU is whether or not you will be implementing any type of optical flow in the future? So it is not so much about GPU/CPU but if there are plans to use any type of temporal coherence in the future.

Finally, the new styles that you have uploaded are a little underwhelming in my humble opinion. You seem to be gravitating to training things like rope and embroidery, when what I think is needed are a good base of of things with big brush strokes, little brush strokes, watercolor, oils etc. 

Things like ropes and maps and "metal head" "circuits" are sort of interesting, but don't have much applicability that I can see. So again I would humbly suggest that you start out with some more basic and varied art styles and not keep creating things that while novel, may not have much real world use.

Thanks for your time.
    Hello Sam,

I’m the second author working on the AI side of Transfusion.

We are working on adding more settings to our plugins. Meanwhile, the features you are talking about can be mostly achieved inside after effect. Ex.: You can change the size of the input layer in Transfusion Blend to change the stroke size, use composite to keep the input colors and denoise your image to reduce flickering. Look at our tutorial for more details.

GPU compatibility is a possibility but we are focussing our efforts to bring the MAC version to you right now. Optical flow would also be very interesting, sign up to the newsletter to keep up with our updates :)

As for the new styles, we know our AI algorithm quite well and we are trying to generate styles using our code to it’s best! We try to keep a ratio of 1:1 of “futuristic creative” styles to more “practical” styles. Take a look at Transfusion Blend to use your own style !

Cheers,

Louis
  • Hi, do you have an ETA on when the Mac version might be available?
  • Hi, do you have an ETA on when the Mac version might be available?

Hi Zach! we don't, but we already have a beta going so it shouldn't be long
  • Just a heads up: The link to a Render Only License at the bottom of the description page brings up a 404 - Not found page.
  • Just a heads up: The link to a Render Only License at the bottom of the description page brings up a 404 - Not found page.

It has been corrected
  • now that the mac version is out,, is a GPU version coming next/soon? 
    if so, any ETA on that?
    Besause this plugin is top, but frustratingly slow, especially when you  have a workstation with loads of GPUs  : )

if so, any ETA on that?
    Besause this plugin is top, but frustratingly slow, especially when you  have a workstation with loads of GPUs  : )

Hello weird core,

Thanks for the good words. A GPU version is one of our future goal but we unfortunately can't give you an ETA for this feature.

Now that other Artificial Intelligence plugins are emerging, you'll see that Transfusion is surprisingly fast for a tool using massive neural networks to compute every pixel.

We understand that having the power of GPUs without being able to use it at hands can be frustrating. Stay tuned for our new updates :)
    if so, any ETA on that?

Hey WC! glad to hear from you. thanks for the feedback, it helps orienting our development ;) see you soon.
    gab
  • This one sure requires a powerful machine to handle it, but depending on what you are doing... Oh man!!! totally worth it!!!
  • hey Guys
    is it possible to do higher levels for higher res images? as i'm currently trying to affect hi-res stills, but the levels seems as chunky as when affecting HD videos.
    be good to have option to go up to level 10 (or 11 : ) if just for stills,,, will takes ages for sure,, but its it's for one still it's ok.  
    or is there a way to do this already? 
  • hey Guys
    is it possible to do higher levels for higher res images? as i'm currently trying to affect hi-res stills, but the levels seems as chunky as when affecting HD videos.
    be good to have option to go up to level 10 (or 11 : ) if just for stills,,, will takes ages for sure,, but its it's for one still it's ok.  
    or is there a way to do this already? 
    Hi ! 

Thanks for the feedback, we're adding this to the feature requests, achieving more high-res images would definitely be a great plus. In the meantime, Blend is not limited in resolution/details, maybe you'll find what you need with it. There's a more in-depth tutorial about Blend here: 
  • hi please help me , there is small problem please click link for my problem screen video 

best regards
  • hi please help me , there is small problem please click link for my problem screen video 

best regards
    Hi ! Can you open a support ticket I will assist you and find the bug, thanks
  • sorry but ı'm not professional and can you small tutorial video for this problem how can ı do? do you understand me? because my English is not good :( 
    please help me and please small tutorial 
    best regards and have a nice days
    Kaplan
  • sorry but ı'm not professional and can you small tutorial video for this problem how can ı do? do you understand me? because my English is not good :( 
    please help me and please small tutorial 
    best regards and have a nice days
    Kaplan
     open a support ticket and we will assist you
  • i downloaded trial version, copied both aex to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\Plug-ins\ but plugins don't show up in AE. there is no style transfer category in effects as well. im on win10 and ae cc 2017. anyone had the same problem? what am i doing wrong?
  • i downloaded trial version, copied both aex to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\Plug-ins\ but plugins don't show up in AE. there is no style transfer category in effects as well. im on win10 and ae cc 2017. anyone had the same problem? what am i doing wrong?

open a support ticket and we will assist you
  • In transfusion, how do I get the plugin not to take information from the composition frame edge when applying a mask on an object that falls out of frame?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Example:
  • In transfusion, how do I get the plugin not to take information from the composition frame edge when applying a mask on an object that falls out of frame?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Example:

Make sure you are using the latest version and you can check the "Remove border" option. If you need further assistance please open a support ticket.
  • hi! you can try both of the following:
    - the "remove border" checkbox (in the latest version)
    - precompose your object in-frame and offset the precomp outside the frame

let me know if it helps!
  • hi! you can try both of the following: - the "remove border" checkbox (in the latest version) - precompose your object in-frame and offset the precomp outside the frame let me know if it helps!
    That was EXACTLY what I needed. Thank you SO MUCH for the help, fellas. The new update is awesome. Cheers!