• Does Prism 2 do anything this doesn't do?
  • How exactly do I launch a snippet? Im set up a snippet but im not how to execute it?¿? video tutorial?
  • Hey Mike. Any chance you are using non-EN OS language? This is usually the case. If so, then I have to disappoint you, as Labels only work on EN OS and AE locales.
    If it's not the case - please do open a support ticket.

mike axel said:
    Error on import theme
    and no more start
    sad

• These are two different tools. Bets way to find the difference is to give them a shot - you can test both scripts in trial version before making a decision.

Does Prism 2 do anything this doesn't do?

• When you set up a snippet you also set a shortcut key for it. So, hold down that keyboard key and left-mouse-click on a label swatch. Boom!

How exactly do I launch a snippet? Im set up a snippet but im not how to execute it?¿? video tutorial?

• "Labels only work on EN OS and AE locales"
    Dude! You really are not from 2018! Why this script can not open the file?
  • I am having the same problem as 'Mike Axel'.
    Reinstalling the scripts does not run it. Please tell me how to initialize the scripts.
  • Again, as mentioned on product page, 
    Labels may not display custom colors correctly if OS or AE languages are non-English.
    Please test script in Trial mode before purchasing a license.

I am having the same problem as 'Mike Axel'.
    Reinstalling the scripts does not run it. Please tell me how to initialize the scripts.

• I mean,

I wants to know how to initialize the Labels 3.

I want to go back before I register <custom colors>.
  • Hello Tomas,

I was wondering why my UI does not have the label themes pull down to select a theme, just like it does in the tutorial? It seems as though I have to open the Settings every time I want to change a theme, which is inconvenient. My second question is how do I install a snippet?
    Labels.JPG
    554 x 181 - 17K
  • Hi!

I am having trouble getting Labels to run in ae 2019. The script won't dock, and I can't seem to get it launch unless I use "run script". It works in 2018 though, giving me the ability to dock and have Labels saved to me workspace. 

thanks in advance. 
    david
  • Hey David. Im happy to help, but please open a support ticket.

Hi!

I am having trouble getting Labels to run in ae 2019. The script won't dock, and I can't seem to get it launch unless I use "run script". It works in 2018 though, giving me the ability to dock and have Labels saved to me workspace. 

thanks in advance. 
    david

• After clicking import theme and selecting the .theme file, it gives an error;
    "unable to parse theme file Error:JSON.parse Line 2"

after clicking OK bttn, there is another error indicating;
    "TypeError: undefined is not an object, script file:Labels.jsx, Function:importTheme(), Error on Line:159

after those errors, I had to delete the imported theme file from appdata/roaming/aescripts/rendertom... manually to open the settings screen again.. (clicking S bttn gives the second error above if there's a theme file on that folder..)

CC2019 16.1.0 / win10
    Appreciate your help, thanks
  • I don't know where to find label themes? Do I just get the default on "try" mode?
  • On the product page https://aescripts.com/labels/

Edie Edie said:
    I don't know where to find label themes? Do I just get the default on "try" mode?

• Hy,

what to do when: 

"Unable to execute script at line 13. undefined is not an object"

apperce after startup? Cant lauche the Plugin. AE is in Englisch. 

Thanks a lot!

• hmm.. Your video gave the impression that if I changed a color in my project menu, it would also change/sync/update in my compositions (or visa versa).. Sadly, that's not a feature when I use your trail, or am I wrong?
  • Hey Luc.
    Yeah, it suppose to change/synch label colors for Item and a Layer when clicking on label color + CMD. But apparently this doesn't work at the moment:/ It works fine when you have a layer selected and CMD+click on Label color, then it sets same label color for the Item. However, this seems to be broken when going the other way around.

Thanks for looking into it. I'll try to fix this.
    Cheers.
    Luc Buker said:
    hmm.. Your video gave the impression that if I changed a color in my project menu, it would also change/sync/update in my compositions (or visa versa).. Sadly, that's not a feature when I use your trail, or am I wrong?

• Hello Tom,

Your script is awesome and thanks for it!

I runs perfectly for months. Until today — I reset the palette do Adobe default and since this I got this warning:

I tried to reset all the related preferences in "Adobe After Effects 16.1 Prefs-text.txt", deleted the content of "C:\Users\…\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\renderTom" and even the script itself, but no progress.

Do you have any idea how to get it work again?

Thank you.

——————————
    Update:

I found the solution:
    In the file "C:\Users\…\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\16.1\Adobe After Effects 16.1 Prefs.txt" I found the line with the color values of the Ae-labels (not Labels script). And I replaced the values from the backup file:

["Label Preference Color Section 5"]
    "Label Color ID 2 # 1" = "y"F4"C6"
    "Label Color ID 2 # 10" = FF"g:"B7
    "Label Color ID 2 # 11" = FFFF9600
    "Label Color ID 2 # 12" = FF"yW"22
    "Label Color ID 2 # 13" = FFE91E"c"
    "Label Color ID 2 # 14" = FF06E5A3
    "Label Color ID 2 # 15" = FFC69B"X"
    "Label Color ID 2 # 16" = FF";i"00
    "Label Color ID 2 # 2" = FFCDDC"9"
    "Label Color ID 2 # 3" = FF"M"C6FD
    "Label Color ID 2 # 4" = FFE3"\"8A
    "Label Color ID 2 # 5" = FFB3"x"D3
    "Label Color ID 2 # 6" = FFE7B9"~"
    "Label Color ID 2 # 7" = FF03F4DA
    "Label Color ID 2 # 8" = FF"-U"DF
    "Label Color ID 2 # 9" = FF"y"C107

Now it works!
  • Hello. I was excited about the script until trying to use it on my current project. It's incredibly slow to the point of being worthless. Please understand that I'm not trying to be disparaging. It's just that it currently seems to take less time to select labels the old way (right-click on a layer's label then selecting select all etc.) then it does to use your script. Please help.
  • Hey Ryan. Do you mind opening a support ticket and maybe providing some more details regarding the issue? Maybe even a screenrecording?
    I am honestly not aware of such slowdowns, so I wonder if there's anything in the play here.
    Hello. I was excited about the script until trying to use it on my current project. It's incredibly slow to the point of being worthless. Please understand that I'm not trying to be disparaging. It's just that it currently seems to take less time to select labels the old way (right-click on a layer's label then selecting select all etc.) then it does to use your script. Please help.

• Avantis, a TeamLease Company, is India's leading Regulatory Technology (RegTech) solutions company enabling Ease of Doing Business for over 1,400 legal entities across 29 States and 7 Union Territories. Statutory compliance checklist in IndiaCompliance tracking tools
  • For any technical issues please open a Support Ticket and uplaod a screenrecording of the issue, as I do not understand what you mean.
    Thanks.
    Hello,
    before only i dragged color layer ( works ), after i cant dragged color layer ( not working )
    only i dragged  Themes and 
    Snippets are good

please, thanks

• Is there a way to dock the panel in after effects? > I used ZXP to install. The panel opens in antoher "window" with a red dot with a cross on the left side of the bar. It will only go full screen or float on top of the AE interface. - And yes i am dragging the "name". there are no 3 lines on the right of the bar.
  • Well yes of course.
    You just need to launch Labels as a dockable panel from Window > Labels.

Is there a way to dock the panel in after effects? > I used ZXP to install. The panel opens in antoher "window" with a red dot with a cross on the left side of the bar. It will only go full screen or float on top of the AE interface. - And yes i am dragging the "name". there are no 3 lines on the right of the bar.

• There is a bug with the latest AE build (17.1.0) After rendering, I get a script error " can not run a script while modal dialog is waiting for response." When labels 3 is not active, the error goes away. Just making you aware of it :)
  • tutorials pleease
  • I can't understand how to use the scripts and assign shortcuts as most shortcuts are taken by after effects, is there a special way to activate it
  • Hi, 
    trying to apply some new themes with the lastest version at this time (3.3) I got an error with every theme.

I've opened the .theme file I've downloaded, and opened the default one. 

To make the new themes work, simply change the version of After Effects in the 4 row as the one in default.theme. Now it's 17.1.1x34 (lastest version of After Effects)
  • Still getting this error pop up after a render completes. "Can not run a script while modal dialog is waiting for response"

Using latest version of script and AE.  I do not see it when the script is disabled. 
  • Can I use the SOLO TOGGLE on an entire project?

• I LOVE Labels 3! 

My only problem is that I am unable to dock the panel. It's got a weird white title bar and will not drag into the interface.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? It's not a huge deal but would be nice.

Again, Labels 3 is really wonderful and I'm using the heck out of it!
  • Hey Suzzane.
    You should launch scripts from Window -> Labels menu to make them dockable. 
    Cheers.

I LOVE Labels 3! 

My only problem is that I am unable to dock the panel. It's got a weird white title bar and will not drag into the interface.

Any thoughts on what might be wrong? It's not a huge deal but would be nice.

Again, Labels 3 is really wonderful and I'm using the heck out of it!

• Tomas, I can now dock the window, but Labels isn't working anymore. I don't know what's wrong. I have restarted After Effects more than once and closed and opened Labels but it still doesn't work. Is there something I can do to make it work again?

Thanks!
  • Hey Suzanne,
    Please opoen a support ticket so we can assist you. Thank you.

Tomas, I can now dock the window, but Labels isn't working anymore. I don't know what's wrong. I have restarted After Effects more than once and closed and opened Labels but it still doesn't work. Is there something I can do to make it work again?

Thanks!

• I have error at line 142 what does that mean
  • Every time that I change the custom theme for a new theme it doesn't changes anything, always are the same colors. What can I do? If I have already the lastest version (3.3.1)

• I have been getting the following error message after every render.

"Cannot run a script while a modal dialog is waiting for a response."

When I reset After Effects layout to default I no longer get the message, but if I add the Labels panel, it comes back again. I was using Labels 3.2 but I've updated it to 3.3.1. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error message. It doesn't affect the renders. It would just be nice not to have an error message come up every time.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix? I noticed that Justin Brown mentioned it last year.

Thanks
  • Hey Paul.
    Yes, this is know issue, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to prevent this - it's Adobes fault. Basically, if you're rendering, or have any modal window open, and you hover over Labels button, AE starts freaking out in the background. Therefore it throws that error once the render is complete.

It's completelly harmless in sense of render quality, but it's just annoying.
    .tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}

Paul Hill said:
    I have been getting the following error message after every render.

When I reset After Effects layout to default I no longer get the message, but if I add the Labels panel, it comes back again. I was using Labels 3.2 but I've updated it to 3.3.1. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error message. It doesn't affect the renders. It would just be nice not to have an error message come up every time.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix? I noticed that Justin Brown mentioned it last year.

Thanks

• Hey Paul.
    Yes, this is know issue, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do to prevent this - it's Adobes fault. Basically, if you're rendering, or have any modal window open, and you hover over Labels button, AE starts freaking out in the background. Therefore it throws that error once the render is complete.

It's completelly harmless in sense of render quality, but it's just annoying.
    .tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}

Paul Hill said:
    I have been getting the following error message after every render.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. At least I now know what the issue is. As you say, harmless but annoying.

Thanks
  • Hi Tom,

I have some issue, and I can't find a sollution to fix it. 

This is what I get as a message each time I open AE, and Labels 3.3.1  won't run.

I run AE 18.0.1

Thanks!
  • This is the only Plug-In I need for Ae 2021 that I almost can't live without. When will it be compatible?
  • with the current version I have a problem with excute line 1, null not an object 
  • Unfortunately it's not working with Ae 2021 at the moment.
    When I'm lucky it does for a couple of clicks. Most of the time nothing happens. 

Hoping for an update to fix these issues. Would love to use it properly someday...
  • .tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
    Hello, Timo.
    Do you mind opening a support ticket and sending me a screenrecording of the issue please? Thanks.
    Unfortunately it's not working with Ae 2021 at the moment.
    When I'm lucky it does for a couple of clicks. Most of the time nothing happens. 

Hoping for an update to fix these issues. Would love to use it properly someday...

• Hi Tomas,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I've tried it one more time this morning and since then the plug-in's been working just fine.
    No idea how, but I'm glad it somehow fixed itself. Fingers crossed it keeps working.

If the problem reoccurs, I'll open up a support ticket and let you know. Thanks in advance.

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
    Hello, Timo.
    Do you mind opening a support ticket and sending me a screenrecording of the issue please? Thanks.
    Unfortunately it's not working with Ae 2021 at the moment.

• Hey!

When will this work on 2021? 

Thanks!

• No Back button or label themes for Ae 2021 ?
  • I'm running the plugin on AE 2020 and for some reason, it stopped working after a while. For the first few hours it seemed to work fine, but now clicking on the color swatches doesn't do anything. Ctrl and Shift clicking also doesn't work, not on layers or project items. I can still set custom themes, but the main functionality, which is easy one-click labeling, is lost. Any idea what the issue might be?
  • Thanks for fixing the ae beta issue!