• How come an update from Newton 2 to 3 cost $125? That's only $60 off what the full version for new customers cost now. $125 for this upgrade is totally overpriced if you ask me.
  • How come an update from Newton 2 to 3 cost $125? That's only $60 off what the full version for new customers cost now. $125 for this upgrade is totally overpriced if you ask me.
    You have spoken loud and clear and we are listening. We have decided to extend the intro discount to upgrades as well. If you haven't upgraded please try again and you should see the new further discounted price and if you have already upgraded we will process a refund for the difference.
    You have spoken loud and clear and we are listening. We have decided to extend the intro discount to upgrades as well. If you haven't upgraded please try again and you should see the new further discounted price and if you have already upgraded we will process a refund for the difference.
    That's very generous of you. It makes for a good incentive to upgrade now rather than wait. Decisions... decisions.
  • hey guys,

I can't seem to get newton 3 to actually have dynamic movements. I just used newton 2 to make an animation and in newton 3 I can't cause my layers with shapes to fall. With a floor static and the bg dead everything stays frozen. I am totally lost. 

Edit: I figured it out I had to move everything to the beginning of the comp.
  • hey guys,

I can't seem to get newton 3 to actually have dynamic movements. I just used newton 2 to make an animation and in newton 3 I can't cause my layers with shapes to fall. With a floor static and the bg dead everything stays frozen. I am totally lost. 

hey guys,

Glad you figured it out but in future if you need assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact
  • Hey guys, just purchased Newton 3, but where are all the tutorials, I'll need a few to get me going, thanks.
    -Steve

• Hey guys, just purchased Newton 3, but where are all the tutorials, I'll need a few to get me going, thanks.
    -Steve
    Tutorial specific for Newton 3 are on their way. But you can find general tutorials here.
    Cheers.
    Val.
  • I imagine that would receive upgrade for free, but at least, you guys continue support for Newton 2 in next Adobe After Effects Updates.
  • Hello! I'm practicing newton tutorial. I can not find the "demo file newton_lloyd.aep" to follow the tutorial. Will you tell me where it is?
  • I imagine that would receive upgrade for free, but at least, you guys continue support for Newton 2 in next Adobe After Effects Updates.

Upgrade details are here https://aescripts.com/newton/#upgrade-notice/

Newton 2 will not be developed any further so it cannot be guaranteed that it will be compatible with future versions of AE
  • Hello! I'm practicing newton tutorial. I can not find the "demo file newton_lloyd.aep" to follow the tutorial. Will you tell me where it is?

Open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I guess we're all waiting for more Newton3 tuts.  I found most features easy enough to figure out but stumped with the ones dealing with Export Contacts so if you're looking for early candidates, I nominate that.

-Steve
    Tutorial specific for Newton 3 are on their way. But you can find general tutorials here.
    Cheers.
    Val.

• Anyone know why there is a little hick-up often at the beginning when you hit there play head? it's like it jerks a few clicks, I first noticed it when using the pivot joint, then another time as well. thanks.

• Anyone know why there is a little hick-up often at the beginning when you hit there play head? it's like it jerks a few clicks, I first noticed it when using the pivot joint, then another time as well. thanks.
    Hi Steve, could you open a support ticket (https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1) and screencap your issue?

• I guess we're all waiting for more Newton3 tuts.  I found most features easy enough to figure out but stumped with the ones dealing with Export Contacts so if you're looking for early candidates, I nominate that.

We'll do a specific one for this but did you open the sample projects about this one?
  • There seems to be an issue with the wheel system. I select the body first and then a wheel body but no matter what combination, order or even modifier key I try the joint system runs with the suspension in line with the joint instead of vertically the way it does in the sample project. Can you confirm it's working correctly. It appears something is missing or broken.
  • There seems to be an issue with the wheel system. I select the body first and then a wheel body but no matter what combination, order or even modifier key I try the joint system runs with the suspension in line with the joint instead of vertically the way it does in the sample project. Can you confirm it's working correctly. It appears something is missing or broken.

Just figured it out. You need to invoke the anchor point tool then rotate the suspension to the direction you want.
  • We'll do a specific one for this but did you open the sample projects about this one?
    I did but only the color one worked right out of the box.  Tried to pick things apart to study the comps in the Contacts.aep but quickly got lost.  Not sure what/how to link the sliders mainly.

Oh, and there's nothing in the included Newton 3.0 User Guide either.

• It seems it's much better to work with shape layers, text is bit slower, anyway to speed up text movement and preview?
    -Thanks.
  • It seems it's much better to work with shape layers, text is bit slower, anyway to speed up text movement and preview?
    -Thanks.
    You can turn on the convex hull option.
  • Tutorial for the core elements of Newton 3 here  

2nd part covering the Joints system coming soon.
  • Well done Todd!!!
  • Tutorial for the joint system... 
  • Looooove your product guys!

Keep up with the good work.
  • Looooove your product guys!

Keep up with the good work.
  • Sometimes Dormant is not dormant, What am I missing? the gravity brings it down before object "A" hits object "B"
  • Sometimes Dormant is not dormant, What am I missing? the gravity brings it down before object "A" hits object "B"
    please open a support ticket and include a minimal version of your aep + N3 settings!

Cheers
    Val.
  • I'm trying to use Newton3 on shape layers created from text. I've tried it on mutliple length words (6 letters - up to full sentences). Everytime I open Newton and click separate on the layer, it crashes.

I only purchased this a couple of days ago and i'm worried that I wont be able to actually use it for the current project i'm on!

help!
  • I'm trying to use Newton3 on shape layers created from text. I've tried it on mutliple length words (6 letters - up to full sentences). Everytime I open Newton and click separate on the layer, it crashes.

I only purchased this a couple of days ago and i'm worried that I wont be able to actually use it for the current project i'm on!

help!
    Please open a support ticket  and include a screencast showing the steps you are taking to cause the crash as well as a reduced version of your aep + N3 settings!

Hey Paul,

Your might want to also take a look at:

• I'm trying to render, but only 1 frame rendered
    can you help me please

Images 1
  • I'm trying to render, but only 1 frame rendered
    can you help me please

Images 1
  • Love Newton. It's my go-to move.

Feature request: The ability to influence properties like scale or color based on velocity. Maybe over a gradient map. Thoughts?
  • Love Newton. It's my go-to move. Feature request: The ability to influence properties like scale or color based on velocity. Maybe over a gradient map. Thoughts?
    Noted, but that's would be outside of N3 since it does not "play" with scale and color... Doable with expression I guess. What do you have exactly in mind?
  • Hi,

very nice plugin, working since Newton 2 with this. But a question: ist there a bug concerning the bounciness? Values about 0,1-0,4 seem to be normal, but from then everything is extreme! There is no field for tweaking, because after value 1,0 elements disappear from the canvas… Can't remember this behavior in the Newton2 plugin.

Thank you.
  • Hi,

very nice plugin, working since Newton 2 with this. But a question: ist there a bug concerning the bounciness? Values about 0,1-0,4 seem to be normal, but from then everything is extreme! There is no field for tweaking, because after value 1,0 elements disappear from the canvas… Can't remember this behavior in the Newton2 plugin.

Thank you.
    Open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Fine. Open a support ticket –  nice suggestion. 
     So then you change the behaviour of the bounciness or what?
    Am I the only one who gets this???

Angry!
  • Fine. Open a support ticket –  nice suggestion. 
     So then you change the behaviour of the bounciness or what?
    Am I the only one who gets this???

Angry!
    If you open a ticket we can assist you. These forums are not for technical support.
  • Hi, sorry if this is not the right place to ask, how can I rotate a static object, (such as a square), and have various balls inside the square react to the insides of the square as it rotates, I suppose a bit like a washing machine.
  • Hi, sorry if this is not the right place to ask, how can I rotate a static object, (such as a square), and have various balls inside the square react to the insides of the square as it rotates, I suppose a bit like a washing machine.
    Hi Steve,
    You need ot use the "kinematic" body type. Create the animation of your square inside your AE composition then inside Newton3 set your square to "kinematic". It will take the animation of your square from your composition. Be aware that your object will become a  "regular" dynamic object after your last keyframe!
    Hope this helps.

Cheers.
    Val

EDIT:
    Take a look at the Tumbler sample project.

• I know there are sample projects included... I saw this somewhere.. but cant quite connect it all right now...

My ? is.... I am looking to do a pinball machine effect like the gif on the description.... is that one of the sample projects... if so... where do I find it?

Cheers,

Travis

UPDATE.... I found it in the sample projects folder.... it was included in the download... I knew I saw it somewhere but I couldn't remember if it was in a menu item in the actual plugin or somewhere else....
  • I'm well away from my main system for a few more months but have been saving off update zips for various things to install later. Got one today for Newton3, and it no longer shows CS6 in the compatibility list. I see older posts of mine discussing 3, so is this a typo or ...?

• I'm well away from my main system for a few more months but have been saving off update zips for various things to install later. Got one today for Newton3, and it no longer shows CS6 in the compatibility list. I see older posts of mine discussing 3, so is this a typo or ...?

Hi Mark,

Newton3 is compatible with CS6.

Cheers.
    Val.
  • Excellent.  Thanks.

Perhaps update the compatibility list?
  • Is there a way to start the preview at a certain frame?
  • Is there a way to start the preview at a certain frame?
    Hi Jessica,
    No you cannot, but you can define it if you move your elements in your timeline inside AE.

Cheers.
    Val.

• Hi,
    Can Newton 2 be installed in After Effects 2020 or CC 2019?
    Thanks.

• Hi,
    Can Newton 2 be installed in After Effects 2020 or CC 2019?
    Thanks.

Hi Jonathan,

Support has been dropped for Newton2, but I guess it should work for both of those versions of AE.

Cheers,
    Val.