Shape Repeater Baker
  • This.seems.awesome.
  • :O I was gonna do that!!! But now I don't have to :D
  • :O I was gonna do that!!! But now I don't have to :D
    Isn't that great? :)
  • It does not seem to work in CC 2014. I keep getting a warning message stating it will group the layers above the repeater, but then nothing happens..
  • It does not seem to work in CC 2014. I keep getting a warning message stating it will group the layers above the repeater, but then nothing happens..
    You have to group all layers above repeater, so there is just one group above.
  • Hi Nik, thanks for that- I managed to work that out. Though now I have another problem with the script - it does not load in AE at all. When AE opens up it states 'unable to run script at line 57. null is not an object' and then the shape repeater panel is just blank. I thought it was because it was because the file was encrypted for a mac and I am working on PC, but I unencrypted the file and it still gives me this error. Any suggestions? Thanks
  • Hi Nik, thanks for that- I managed to work that out. Though now I have another problem with the script - it does not load in AE at all. When AE opens up it states 'unable to run script at line 57. null is not an object' and then the shape repeater panel is just blank. I thought it was because it was because the file was encrypted for a mac and I am working on PC, but I unencrypted the file and it still gives me this error. Any suggestions? Thanks
    There is only one suggestion: do not mess with encodings since everything is ready to go.
    Also, allow scripts to access file system in preferences. This script is really platform and version independent.
  • Hi

I can't seem to get the script to work when I add any transform properties (the transform properties for the shape, not the group ) : position, rotate, scale  to a shape layer. It does work with animating path and fill changes.

Anything I might be doing wrong here?

thanks

Gina Kamentsky
  • Hi, Gina. I need more info on the issue. Everything works for me. Could you please open a support ticket  and send a series of screenshots or a quick screencast?
  • Great script! I just bought Explode Shape Layers though and the option is still disabled in shapeRepeaterBaker.
  • Hello Nik, It looks like the latest version of zl_ExplodeShapeLayers does not work with your script any more. Could you please look at it and make a fix?
    Regards
  • Hello

I just purchased your Shape Repeater Baker script and it works great, but the Explode layer button remains disabled even though I have installed the zl_ExplodeShapeLayers_Headless.jsxbin file into my ScriptUI Panels folder. Maybe I don't understand what you mean by subfolder when you say Headless Versions" subfolder.

Am I missing a step?  Please advise.  Thanks

Joe Carty
  • This is awesome Nik!!!
  • Hi, I have this and Explode Shape Layers and the "Explode Shapes" option is still grayed out. Has this been resolved? 
  • Hi, I have this and Explode Shape Layers and the "Explode Shapes" option is still grayed out. Has this been resolved? 
    Hi Silvia,

This was intended to be a ESL v2 integration and it doesn't work with ESL3, so hasn't been fixed and I'm not sure it would be.

Nik
  • there's a way to move auto center the anchor point if each shape afeter the bake?
  • How do you use this? I am on Adobe After Effects CC and do not see it in the program?
  • How do you use this? I am on Adobe After Effects CC and do not see it in the program?
    https://aescripts.com/faq/how-to-install-and-run-scripts/
  • If a Bake repeater, there is always the message "group all layers above repeater». 
    I select the Layer and the Repeater and the click «back repeater». What is wrong? What exactly do I need to select? I tried and tried but couldn't figure out how to make it work. – I am using After Effects 22.1.1
  • If a Bake repeater, there is always the message "group all layers above repeater». 
    I select the Layer and the Repeater and the click «back repeater». What is wrong? What exactly do I need to select? I tried and tried but couldn't figure out how to make it work. – I am using After Effects 22.1.1
    - fix this problem. 
  • This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much, you have saved me hours of time in Illustrator
  • I bought 'Explode shapes' purely for the integration and shape repeater baker doesn't work work with it. Nor does the retention of keyframes when baking. I'm a bit upset I've wasted £35 between the two scripts for nothing. Can you tell me if these things have been remedied or whether there's dependencies I'm simply missing. Thanks.
  • Lame. This needs to be taken down. It does not work as shown in the videos. 
  • Lame. This needs to be taken down. It does not work as shown in the videos. 

if you need assistance, please open a sport ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I bought 'Explode shapes' purely for the integration and shape repeater baker doesn't work work with it. Nor does the retention of keyframes when baking. I'm a bit upset I've wasted £35 between the two scripts for nothing. Can you tell me if these things have been remedied or whether there's dependencies I'm simply missing. Thanks.
    Hi Morgan,

I am sorry for this experience and for not getting back to you. Shape repeater baker is quite an old product; it is both Name your own price and Open Source, so I did not support it properly over the years. Please get in touch with me in the support tickets so I can help you get a refund or a free copy of any other tool we make.

Nik