• Hello. first off, love this tool. Wondering if there is a way to fix a situation when the tiles look like this: 

When I go into the tiles themselves I see it like this:

Is there any way to fix this? Maybe I've tried to do this manually but putting down an adjustment layer and making it to the darker sections and then trying to brighten them to match the lighter tiles. It's a really crummy fix. Wondering if there's a better way or a setting I can adjust that will get the tiles to blend better. 

Thanks again for making this great tool!
  • Hey Johnny,

Glad you like our product! In the case you're showing GEOlayers can't do anything unforunately. The blending you'd want to be better is simply the stitching of the different aerial imagery done by the map provider. So all you can do is use a different map provider or tweak it manually.

Best
    Markus
  • I appreciate your fine work. When will the installer work w/CC2018?
  • I appreciate your fine work. When will the installer work w/CC2018?

The installer has worked with CC2018 since it was introduced. Please make sure you have the latest version from here: https://aescripts.com/learn/zxp-installer/

If you need further assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi Markus,

Is there a limit to the amount of locations that you can draw when using a CSV/ JSON file?
  • Nick Hill said:
    Hi Markus,

Is there a limit to the amount of locations that you can draw when using a CSV/ JSON file?
    Hey Nick:

Theoretically there is no limit. What makes it hard is AEs performance. 2500 points colored  and sized according to its features' properties is no problem and you can work with it quite well on a middle class laptop. I'd say it is no fun for >5000 anymore.

Best
    Markus
  • I've had an open ticket for three days regarding the extension being a blank window (i.e. no map controls, though I can right-click to see the project/preferences/help dialogs). Any assistance please?
  • Hi Markus,
    I would like to know if there is a way to add in your profile other nasa servers.
    I'm working on a project and I need to use the maps of nasa city lights mixed with nasa aerial or bing areal...
    Thanks for your help

Vivien
  • Hi Markus,
    I would like to know if there is a way to add in your profile other nasa servers.
    I'm working on a project and I need to use the maps of nasa city lights mixed with nasa aerial or bing areal...
    Thanks for your help

Vivien
    Hello Vivien,

could you please open a aescripts support ticket and I'll send you the server profile for NASA city lights.

Cheers
    Nico

• Is there a way to Pre-Download maps of, say, the entire us (at a specific zoom level) and pull from that? I'm in an environment where internet access isn't possible on our work machines. Any other solutions?
    Best,
  • Hi,

I was wondering if there's a smart way to instance the map based on spreadsheet data? I.e generating large amounts of pngs, or mov clips for different locations, based on Lon Lat input from a sheet. We are able to instance stuff using Templater 2, but since your plugin doesn't allow layers to be changed in that way, we can't figure out how to instance maps for different locations.

We are creating our own script to take screenshots of an area with Lon/lat using a map API, but would much prefer to use geolayers.
  • Hello!  Great plugin! I'm using Plexus 3 with GeoLayers 2. I'm finding that the "zoom" feature in GeoLayers is not working correctly with Plexus. The GeoLayers color texture maps and height maps seem to slide during the GeoLayers camera zooms. This results in the color texture map and the height data to appear to be animated when they should appear to be static. This does not happen when using GeoLayers with Trapcode Mir. You can see the problem here:

And you can download the project file here:
  • Hello!  Great plugin! I'm using Plexus 3 with GeoLayers 2. I'm finding that the "zoom" feature in GeoLayers is not working correctly with Plexus.
    please open a aescripts support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • The update to 1_2_4 ruined our rules sets, and chokes our computers. I bought this plug-in for my whole team after we found we could make maps 3x as fast as our old method. We are starting a new season of the show we use this for, and are basically having to start from scratch because of the update. The update does not work like version 1_2_0, and chokes our computers to the point where it is unusable. We made a major time investment to get our style set using this plug-in, and it was worth it because of the amount of time it saved us so I bought licenses for my whole team. Very unhappy that it doesn't work anymore. 

PLEASE let us use 1_2_0 so we can get our work done! Why would you stop supporting an old version? We are in the middle of work, and making the  earlier version unusable is just a bad move. 
  • Mark Agee said:
    The update to 1_2_4 ruined our rules sets, and chokes our computers. I bought this plug-in for my whole team after we found we could make maps 3x as fast as our old method. We are starting a new season of the show we use this for, and are basically having to start from scratch because of the update. The update does not work like version 1_2_0, and chokes our computers to the point where it is unusable. We made a major time investment to get our style set using this plug-in, and it was worth it because of the amount of time it saved us so I bought licenses for my whole team. Very unhappy that it doesn't work anymore. 

PLEASE let us use 1_2_0 so we can get our work done! Why would you stop supporting an old version? We are in the middle of work, and making the  earlier version unusable is just a bad move. 

Hello Mark,
    the problem is that Mapzen will stop their services and shutting down there API's. All functions such as the use of mapzen vector-tiles and mapzen heightmap tiles are no longer working. So we had to change from Mapzen to OSM-Data last month. That’s why the rules for the styles have changed and the old are not working anymore. 
    You can find out more to the Mapzen shutdown here: https://mapzen.com/blog/shutdown/
    So you can still use v 1.2.0 but the feature download, the routes dialog and heightmaps won't work. Again sorry for inconvenience!
    If you have time, could you please 
    open a aescripts support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1 and explain what you mean with "chokes our computers to the point where it is unusable". Maybe we have a bug in the V 1.2.4.

And if you need more information, assistance or help, please open also a aescripts support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1.

• Hey - I cant seem to find an answer for this... is it possible to create a 3d with a GPX files added in 3D? Similar to this?

thanks
    Jim
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-05 um 15.53.46.png
    1280 x 652 - 1M
  • jim Cox said:

Hey - I cant seem to find an answer for this... is it possible to create a 3d with a GPX files added in 3D? Similar to this?

thanks
    Jim
    Hey Jim,
    Yes have a look at this tutorial

Best,
    Markus

• Hi
    we are testing the trial version, we have a .kml file with longitude, latitude and time information.

I get the route and the path with geo layers. But not the timing. 

Since there are more routes, timing is important for showing the race position of different boats.

Is it possible to connect the timing information to a trim path, or is there a similar way?

Thanks in advance
  • Hi Markus,

I work for a corporation using this great plugin daily to display maps for a variety of customers. I made a template a while back, in the previous version of 2, for everyone to use and never had any issues, however after the latest update whenever anyone imports the template into their project the linked map comps get unlinked when it is finalized.

All anyone needs to do is after finalizing go into the map comp settings and relink it, it's a minor inconvenience to have to finalize it twice, expecially when it is a large map with lots of animation. This was never something that was an issue before the current update and I feel like I have tried everything. It works fine if you just open the project file, it only gets unlinked if you import a project file into an empty project.

Thanks for any help
  • [Deleted]

Ignore this comment.

I opened a support ticket instead.

Amazing plugin by the way!
  • Hi
    we are testing the trial version, we have a .kml file with longitude, latitude and time information.

I get the route and the path with geo layers. But not the timing. 

Since there are more routes, timing is important for showing the race position of different boats.

Is it possible to connect the timing information to a trim path, or is there a similar way?

Thanks in advance

Hi Markus,

I work for a corporation using this great plugin daily to display maps for a variety of customers. I made a template a while back, in the previous version of 2, for everyone to use and never had any issues, however after the latest update whenever anyone imports the template into their project the linked map comps get unlinked when it is finalized.

All anyone needs to do is after finalizing go into the map comp settings and relink it, it's a minor inconvenience to have to finalize it twice, expecially when it is a large map with lots of animation. This was never something that was an issue before the current update and I feel like I have tried everything. It works fine if you just open the project file, it only gets unlinked if you import a project file into an empty project.

Thanks for any help
    For all support issues you must open a support ticket.
  • Opened a support ticket :)
  • 1  - Map styles / templates / presets - are saved in user account or it could be at a network server? Was thinking about creating a template / preset/ styles, so a group could LOAD from this network, and use it when neeeded. Is this possible?!? Its mandatory where i work, this workflow.

2 - Using a finished project/animation, it is possible changing styles / templates / presets?

3 - Do you have or could you do a list contaning links where we could download this map files? (Besides naturalearthdata.com)

4 - Are in your plans Geolayers version 3?
  • 1  - Map styles / templates / presets - are saved in user account or it could be at a network server? Was thinking about creating a template / preset/ styles, so a group could LOAD from this network, and use it when neeeded. Is this possible?!? Its mandatory where i work, this workflow.

2 - Using a finished project/animation, it is possible changing styles / templates / presets?

3 - Do you have or could you do a list contaning links where we could download this map files? (Besides naturalearthdata.com)

4 - Are in your plans Geolayers version 3?
    Could you please open a support ticket? We are answer your questions ASAP there.
  • I am interested in getting this for a client's project. However, they do not allow attribution to other companies within their videos. Are there any default server profiles I can use that do not require attribution? If so, which one(s)?
  • I am interested in getting this for a client's project. However, they do not allow attribution to other companies within their videos. Are there any default server profiles I can use that do not require attribution? If so, which one(s)?
    Hello,
    there is unfortunately no provider that allows you to omit the attribution. For this you have to contact the providers themselves and negotiate with them.
    If you have further questions or need assistance, please open a support ticket.

Cheers
    Nico

• hello,

thank you for the awesome work , we really appreciate the effort and happy with the plugin , 3 Qs i have : 

1- would you recommend MIR or Freeform  with Geolayers 2 for 3d terrain maps ?

2- i really like the folded map project , is there anyway i can keep it as it is but replace the map with 3D map with MIR , that will be very cool .

3- i've been trying to place a 3D marker on Elevation template , i have element 3D or cinema 4D but don't know how exactly , i can place a label but what about a 3D object !

thank you .. 

• Hi Markus,

I've been trying to figure out how to do the following:  

I would like to use the National flag as the colours (basically the fill) for the shape layer created in GeoLayers for countries.  At the moment, I can only use single colours as the fill, apart from randomizing the colours (as far as I know), so then I thought perhaps I need to use all the colours and then apply masks to cut them out to make the flag?  Essentially, I'd like to use the shape mask to cut out a stencil of an EPS file I have for the country flag as the BG colour.

Do you know a way of doing this?

Andrew

Update.... I figured it out on my own.  I coloured the country in solid white and used it as luma matte for the EPS file of the flag, and then "snapped overlay to mapcomp" for the flag EPS file so it would scale.  
  • Hello,

Any ideas as to why when I type in a specific address, I'm unable to download the tiles? When clicking finalize, I get the message "02 Height map - finalized with missing tiles" "2 missing tiles fixed with lower zoom levels", but when I zoom out, I still don't' get anything. Am I not able to make a 3d map zoomed in to a specific address?
  • Do you have a map of South Korea in detail in GEOlayer2?
  • Sham 00 said:
    hello,

thank you for the awesome work , we really appreciate the effort and happy with the plugin , 3 Qs i have : 

1- would you recommend MIR or Freeform  with Geolayers 2 for 3d terrain maps ?

2- i really like the folded map project , is there anyway i can keep it as it is but replace the map with 3D map with MIR , that will be very cool .

3- i've been trying to place a 3D marker on Elevation template , i have element 3D or cinema 4D but don't know how exactly , i can place a label but what about a 3D object !

thank you .. 

Hello Sham,
    Thanks
    Nico 
  • Hello,

Any ideas as to why when I type in a specific address, I'm unable to download the tiles? When clicking finalize, I get the message "02 Height map - finalized with missing tiles" "2 missing tiles fixed with lower zoom levels", but when I zoom out, I still don't' get anything. Am I not able to make a 3d map zoomed in to a specific address?
    Hello Michael,
    which version do you use? Could you please open a support ticket and send us the details (address, project details)
    Cheers,
    Nico
  • Do you have a map of South Korea in detail in GEOlayer2?
    Hello,
    we have different maps from several providers integrated in GEOlayers. So what are you looking for? Satellite imagery, styled maps?
    If you have further questions or additional questions, please open a support ticket.
    Cheers
    Nico 
  • Hi,

I bought GEOLayers2 and I have a problem with 3D Landscape. Some maps are not showing me. When finalizing, I will see the text "02 Heightmap - Finalized with Missing Tiles". So I do not see the map after finalization. Can you help me please?

Thanks

Miro

• Hi,

I bought GEOLayers2 and I have a problem with 3D Landscape. Some maps are not showing me. When finalizing, I will see the text "02 Heightmap - Finalized with Missing Tiles". So I do not see the map after finalization. Can you help me please?

Thanks

Miro

please open a support ticket.
  • Hi,

My client is asking whether it's acceptable to show the attribution in the credit section of the video rather than during the actual landscape sequence?

Many thanks,

Ole
  • ole sturm said:
    Hi,

My client is asking whether it's acceptable to show the attribution in the credit section of the video rather than during the actual landscape sequence?

Many thanks,

Ole
    Hello,
    This is regulated in the terms of use. Please check for yourself if it is ok in your case.
    If you have further questions or need assistance, please open a support ticket
    Cheers,
    Nico

• Thanks Nico.
  • Posting a support ticket.
  • Edit - My mistake
  • Hi,
    I've downloaded the version and made an animation based on the Elevation HD project.
    It starts with a view of a country, and then it zooms in and the camera slowly travels through an area. Pretty basic.
    But when I hit finalize, the view of the country dissapears. Nothing gets downloaded on that part, it only shows the square of the other area.
    Is this because some limitation with the trial? Or I'm facing another problem?
    Thanks,
    please open a support ticket.
  • Hello, quick question. 
    I have a csv file containing 15000 lines of data. Mainly longitude/latitude of people groups around the world.
    Would your plugin be able to handle such a map? I would like to show visually the groups using simple color dots or round circles.

Thanks,
    Rick
  • Just wanted to shout a big 'THANK YOU!' for your quick support requests and bug fixes.  Thank you Nico!  Very impressive support.
  • Hello! Excellent plug-in, thanks for all your hard work. I have a couple of quick questions, trying to locate additional helpful material...

- Is there additional documentation that shows format preferences for attribution from each of the map servers? (I saw the bing link on this page, and I'm looking for the other map providers.)

- I'm looking to find out how I can use data to show the actual heights of extruded buildings (currently they're all appearing at the same height). I saw this video (vimeo.com/222680298) which was helpful but doesn't show how they achieved the accurate, different heights for buildings. Is there a pdf step-by-step?

Thanks!
  • Hello, I'm hoping someone could supply me with the link to the 'Piece of Grand Canyon' project files. (Video in link) It says the files are available at the bottom of the general description in the aescripts GEOlayers page but it is not there.

I'm attempting to recreate the box under the map so anyone that knows how to do this or where to find the project will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
  • On the map comp there are 3 sliders applied, Latitude, Longitude, and Zoom. What does the value in the zoom slider refer to? Is it a measure of distance? Viewing angle? Does it scale linearly or logarithmic? What are it's maximum and minimum values? I'm trying to use its value to determine the scale of what I zoom in to.

Cheers,
    K
    Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 4.01.04 PM.png
    272 x 104 - 12K
  • Hi Markus,

I am having a problem with the map tile quality using the BingMap API. Is it possible to use Google Map API server? Are there instructions on how to add Google map server?
  • On the map comp there are 3 sliders applied, Latitude, Longitude, and Zoom. What does the value in the zoom slider refer to? Is it a measure of distance? Viewing angle? Does it scale linearly or logarithmic? What are it's maximum and minimum values? I'm trying to use its value to determine the scale of what I zoom in to.

Cheers,
    K
    Hello,
    the zoom slider refers to the min and maximum zoom level for the given server-profile. 
    You can find more information how a web map tile server works here: 
    These site explains also the zoom level and the scale between zoom level and real world measurements. 
    The value is logarithmic.

If you have further questions or need assistance, please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Nico  
  • Hi Markus,

I am having a problem with the map tile quality using the BingMap API. Is it possible to use Google Map API server? Are there instructions on how to add Google map server?
    That is possible, please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Nico
  • Hi Markus, I have now have a support ticket. Can you help wi