Plexus multiple sprites
  • The LinkedIn sample () on AEScripts has a Plexus comp displaying random sprites attached to points. As far as I can see from the tutorials there is only the facility to use one layer as a sprite in any one Plexus effect. Am I missing something? Does anybody know how I can have different sprites attached to multiple points please.

Thanks

• They used an early beta of Plexus 2 which is being released on the first week of September! Read about the feature here: https://aescripts.com/tutorials/announcing-plexus-2/#Random-Sprite-Modes
  • I am working a piece that uses a similar effect, though I cannot figure out how to render the lines behind the sprites. Do I need to work with two different layers?

• To render the lines you need to add a Lines Renderer to your Plexus. To have them behind the sprites just move them up on your Plexus effect stack.
  • The random sprite modes says nothing about how to use multiple layers.
    The sprites tutorial also says nothing about how to do more than 1 text layer. Its just animated to show more letters.
    How do I make it so i can have multiple layers of pictures or text and let the Plexus 2 points / sprites show it in separate points? I need to have it like the video has it, please explain!
  • You need to precomp your sprite layers and use the precomp as the sprite source in plexus. This is clearly shown in the tutorial, please watch it again carefully.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions