Super Liquids
  • Hi there...

I hope you can help: SuperLiquids is not working, no matter what I try, even replicating the tutorial exactly.
    I get this error: 'At first select an object, than liquids', even though that is exactly what I am doing, in that correct order.
    I am using the latest 2018 version of After Effects CC, on Windows 7 and 10, on two different computers, with the same problem.
    Please assist, or I shall be asking for a full refund.

Thanks, Gary Bird

• I haven't tried the script yet, but $25 is actually 28% off, which is an even better deal for those who find it useful.
  • Gary Bird said:

Hi there...

I hope you can help: SuperLiquids is not working, no matter what I try, even replicating the tutorial exactly.
    I get this error: 'At first select an object, than liquids', even though that is exactly what I am doing, in that correct order.
    I am using the latest 2018 version of After Effects CC, on Windows 7 and 10, on two different computers, with the same problem.
    Please assist, or I shall be asking for a full refund.

Thanks, Gary Bird

Hi Gary, sorry for this problem appear. We will fix it as soon as possible. Thanks
  • Hello.

I have the same problem with error pop up: "Select an object first, than liquids".
    Hope you will help.
  • Is this a CC 2018 issue? Or does it not work in any version of AE?
  • This looks super cool, but its Not working. I could really use this for my current project. Golden State Warriors parade recap! I need this. I need this! Haaa But seriously.
  • Hi there - many thanks for that very quick fix - I have tried it and it works well now, and makes liquid-effect creation so much easier and faster, so thank you!
    Gary Bird
  • I just picked up Super Liquids this morning & also not getting it to work.  Using with AE CS6 on Win7.

Tried build a project exactly like the tutorial.  Made sure I selected the animated layer first (wasn't doing that at first), but with default settings clicking generate does nothing. Tried a couple times & nada.

Now, wondering if this might be related to another situation where a script was working & now it wasn't, I closed Super Liquids UI.  I had it docked on a 2nd monitor's window.  I then retarted Super Liquids and went through the same process but this time I get a message screen:

I only get this if I close then open the UI.  In all cases the script isn't working. Perhaps a clue.

Will open a ticket if you wish, but seems to be a common problem at this point.

SuperLiquidsError.jpg
    485 x 171 - 41K
  • Triple checked. 

I've the 1.1 update according the zip and the AE Scripts download page, but the UI's About says v.1 so what am I to believe?
  • Thank for your support. :) Nice plugin. Save a lot time for me when make these animation
  • Thanx for the 1.2 update guys. 

Looking forward to really playing with this one.
  • Trail expired before the working version of 1.2 was out for trial. This has been an emotional roller coaster..
    I'm not buying this to see if it finally works.
  •  Hi,

I'm getting the following error: 

Unable to call “applyPreset” because of parameter 1. Path is not valid. and then shows a path “/Users/myname/Library/Application Support/MDS/Super Liquids_v1/presets/SuperLiquids.ffx”

Can you tell me what I can do to fix this?

Thanks

• Having problems inside Precomps, working fine first time playing back then after that forever stuck aimlessly wibbling in one place rather than going in the trail. Any fixes?
  • Having problems inside Precomps, working fine first time playing back then after that forever stuck aimlessly wibbling in one place rather than going in the trail. Any fixes?
    sorry this is my mistake, looks like this problem is actually from renaming comps. it happened when I was trying to stay organised, would be great to get this fixed in any updates
    sorry this is my mistake, looks like this problem is actually from renaming comps. it happened when I was trying to stay organised, would be great to get this fixed in any updates
    wait, no there seems to be no logic. problems with both Precomping and Renaming precomps. please help!
  •  Hi,

Unable to call “applyPreset” because of parameter 1. Path is not valid. and then shows a path “/Users/myname/Library/Application Support/MDS/Super Liquids_v1/presets/SuperLiquids.ffx”

Thanks

SAME PROBLEM
  • mat cee said:

Hi,

Thanks

SAME PROBLEM
    Also dealing with this problem... please help.
  • Superfluidity is the characteristic property of a fluid with zero viscosity which therefore flows without loss of kinetic energy. 

Hi,

Thanks

SAME PROBLEM
    Also dealing with this problem... please help.
    This was happening to me also, I ran AE as an admininstrator (PC) and worked after that! 
  •  Hi,

Thanks

no fix yet? i was not very sure if i wanted to buy it or not but i did and now im not very pleased… please fix this or i have to do a refund. it doesnt work.
  • can't get this plugin to work at all after one successful test project and render.No error messages, i just don't get a result on hitting generate...page reloads as if it is generating, then dumps me back to square one before i hit generate.Have tried unsuccessfully with new comps, new projects etc...I'm using AE cc 2017
  • Hi, I am getting this error

Type error "null is not object"
    Unable to execute script at line.1. Undefined is not an object

I am using AE CC18. Tried reinstalling still not working.

Please help.
  • Hi,

This looks super-interesting!

I am running in "trial" mode.

The script generates the solids and the pre-comp, however none of them animate or decay or such.

Also, no layer has the effect parameters I see in the tutorials.

Any help appreciated, thank you!

Declan
  •  Hi,

Thanks

no fix yet? i was not very sure if i wanted to buy it or not but i did and now im not very pleased… please fix this or i have to do a refund. it doesnt work.
    same problem here
  •  Hi,

Thanks

same problem here
    SAME. UGH.
  • Hello,

I purchased super lines and super liquids as a pack. I just installed the updated super liquids - from V1.3 to V1.4 and I am getting the following error:

Cannot use beta license (-105) 
    A beta license cannot be used for the full version. 

Please let me know what I can do to update?

Thank you,
    Beldon
  • Just tried to activate the trial version; got an error saying my serial number is invalid. Any fix for this? I'd love to purchase this script, but I'm hesitant to do so if I can't take it for a test drive first.
  • Hello again,

I've tried to redownload the updated version as you suggested but I still am getting an error about the beta license. Please let me know how I can update and get this working again?

Beldon
  • Hi,

Following error is appearing while using trial version in AE CC 2018.

JSON validation error
    C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\aescripts_helprer.vbs(3,1)msxml6.dll: The system cannot locate the resource specified.

Unable to execute script at line 8. undefined is not an object.

regards
    iliyas
  • hi !
    I download v1.4 version , but I got a error message on AE CC 2018

Error: Afer Effects error: Unable to call "applyPreset" because of paramerter 1. Path is not valid. Path:"/Applications/Adibe After Effects CC 2018/Presets/SuperLiquidsEffects.ffx"

how do I fix that ? thx
  • I haven't quite figured out how to use this plugin but I was able to eliminate this error on Mac with AE 2019: Afer Effects error: Unable to call "applyPreset" because of paramerter 1. Path is not valid.

The file "Super Liquids.jsxbin" has incorrect permissions. Get Info for the file, under Sharing & Permissions change "everyone" to "Read & Write" (mine was set to "No Access" by default.)

Not sure if this is the same issue everyone else is having but hope this helps someone. 
  • It's not working with me either..! 
    I'm CC user, and I've got 
    Error: Afer Effects error: Unable to call "applyPreset" because of paramerter 1. Path is not valid. Path:"/Applications/Adibe After Effects CC 2018/Presets/SuperLiquidsEffects.ffx"
    message also. 
    If I can get ffx file, maybe there might be hope to fix it..? I just guess it.... 
  • Yuri Byun said:
    It's not working with me either..! 
    I'm CC user, and I've got 
    message also. 
    If I can get ffx file, maybe there might be hope to fix it..? I just guess it.... 
    Hi! Write me on [email protected].
    I will help you with this problem
  • Im also getting the following error message when trying to run the plugin

Error: After Effects error: Unable to call “applyPreset” because of parameter 1. Path is not valid. Path: “/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2019/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels/true/Super Liquids_v1/presets/SuperLiquids.ffx”

• Hi, i just buy it and i have this error

Error: After Effects error: Unable to call “applyPreset” because of parameter 1. Path is not valid. Path: “/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2019/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels/true/Super Liquids_v1/presets/SuperLiquids.ffx
  • Hello, today will be an update, which fix this issue
  • I haven't quite figured out how to use this plugin but I was able to eliminate this error on Mac with AE 2019: Afer Effects error: Unable to call "applyPreset" because of paramerter 1. Path is not valid.

The file "Super Liquids.jsxbin" has incorrect permissions. Get Info for the file, under Sharing & Permissions change "everyone" to "Read & Write" (mine was set to "No Access" by default.)

Not sure if this is the same issue everyone else is having but hope this helps someone. 
    This fixed it!!! thank you so much!
  • I've got the renaming comp problem with super liquids - I just bought it - are there any fixes?
  • No love! Is it broken with AE 2019? I can't seem to see a fix for it as many people appear to have the same issue. :S X

• Hey there, also getting the exact same applyPreset error message on Windows 10 with AE2019. Is this going to get a fix at some point?
  • Hey there, also getting the exact same applyPreset error message on Windows 10 with AE2019. Is this going to get a fix at some point?
    Hello! Are you sure you trying the last version of the script? There no problems with AE2019 at all, the only problem could be is with your access rights, and even this problem was solved in the last version. If you have an issue - open support ticket and send a screen of error you are getting
  • Hey man, i just bought your script, but it seems hard to recreate this example: 

is it possible to share the project file? or maybe share your settings / way of work? or maybe do a tutorial about this? 

thanks
  • Does it work in 3d
  • Does it work in 3d
    It works in 3d like a common 3d layers
  • Hello,
    I have this problem with Ae 2020, Win 10 64 bits, Super Liquids Version 1.5.2 :
    Error: After Effects error: Unable to call “applyPreset” because of parameter 1. Path is not valid. Path: \Program files\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels\true\Super Liquids_v1\SuperLiquids.ffx”
    Thanks for answer
  • Hello,
    Error: After Effects error: Unable to call “applyPreset” because of parameter 1. Path is not valid. Path: \Program files\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels\true\Super Liquids_v1\SuperLiquids.ffx”
    Thanks for answer
    Hello! Try to reload your computer. If problem remains, open a support ticket, please
  • Hello,
    Thanks for answer
    Hello! Try to reload your computer. If problem remains, open a support ticket, please
    I restart my computer and everything is OK. Thank you !
  • Would it be possible to release the teaser video settings or file? It would really drive more sales to the initiated, who can't replicate it without some help.

I would personally buy it, but this sets me back

Edu
  • Is there a way to update the path of the object emitting the "liquids/particles"?