• "Touched by his noodly appendage"

Long live the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
  • One feature that I think would be great is if it were possible to have the beginning points spread out with multiple lines as well as the end points. Like guitar strings for example.

Great stuff!
  • One feature that I think would be great is if it were possible to have the beginning points spread out with multiple lines as well as the end points. Like guitar strings for example.

Great stuff!
    Interesting idea, thanks for your suggestion Suzanne!
  • This looks great and I look forward to trialling it.

I am just going to make a general point about freelancers, and how some scripts are more accessible to us than others, and in an ideal world everything would be a .jsx!

Often we don't have Admin access to the plugin / scriptUI Folder etc. Often we don't have an admin passsword to run an installer. That was why scripts and expressions were so useful. I shall trial this at home, but will not be able to use it at a lot of my day jobs, as it can take a long time to get IT to allow it. This is only a minor point, just something to consider when making something an extension or a plug-in instead of a regular .jsx. (even more off thread but it is also weird how I have to rename jsxbin to jsx for every script because AE needs you to pick an Option before you can access jsxbin...)

p.s. not complaining. Whatever it takes to get things working as well as they can. 
  • This is a great tool, I'm using it more and more. A few thoughts.

1 - It would be great if you could apply the plugin multiple times to a single solid so that when producing some graphics you can reduce the number of solid layers that are needed. Currently if you apply another instance to the same item, the new copy over rules the previous instances.

2 - The create Nulls feature is great. It would be awesome if there could be another option for Nulls to the end of the visible Bezier stroke. This way when using trim paths the Nulls for this would track the end of the path that's visible. Ideal for tagging on other shapes to the stroke to create a different look for the end of the stroke. This would pretty much give limitless options to the End look instead of just Round or Butt.  

3 - On this above idea it would be great to have an auto-orientation option to apply to the Null that follows the path. Again for non uniform shapes to have them follow the path. 

4 - The handles feature is cool, but it would be even cooler if you could actually use them to modify the curve (again creating nulls for the end of the handles would be pretty cool. You could have other parts of a comp driving them.

Just a few thoughts and ideas!

Cheers,

Chris

• Any thoughts on the below additions as ideas or if they can be added?
  • Any thoughts on the below additions as ideas or if they can be added?
    Hi Chris

Sorry I forgot to bookmark this forum. In regards to your first point, you can add multiple copies of the effect ontop of each other, you'll just need to tick "composite over original" (only on the copies, not on the original). 

The option to generate a path for the curve (to allow other layers follow it, with orientation) would be really good. We'll keep this in mind for the next version. 

• It would be amazing if you could add a middle point in the gradient drop down. So that you could make each end turn to zero opacity and make the middle have 100% for example. 
  • It would be amazing if you could add a middle point in the gradient drop down. So that you could make each end turn to zero opacity and make the middle have 100% for example. 
    Hmm, good idea Erlend.
  • Is there a way - via the plugin, native functions or other plugins - to bake the results so that the results of Bezier Node are pure keyframes? 
  • Is there a way - via the plugin, native functions or other plugins - to bake the results so that the results of Bezier Node are pure keyframes? 
    Hi Craig

Sorry but that's not possible with Bezier Node. Maybe if you used the plugin Hooker you could achieve it using the native shape layers?
  • Is this plugin capable of creating shape layers from the rendered bezier lines so I could export them over to Illustrator through Overlord? That would be a huge feature. thx.
  • Is this plugin capable of creating shape layers from the rendered bezier lines so I could export them over to Illustrator through Overlord? That would be a huge feature. thx.
    Hi Peter

Bezier Node is only capable of rendering rasterised lines, not vector or shape unfortunately. 
  • Hello James,

I have already read that the plugin can only do rasterized lines, but nevertheless, may I ask if I could use your plugin to do the following (bearing in mind I am not great with AE). For a teaching seminar, I want to draw statistical distribution curves (like the typical normal bell-shaped curve or the more asymmetrical log-normal curve) and then animate them in AE (for example, make the base narrower and the curve taller). I think the animation will be fine. I am just not sure I can use this tool to draw such typical distributions.

Thank you for letting me know.

Best.

Chris
  • Hello James,

I have already read that the plugin can only do rasterized lines, but nevertheless, may I ask if I could use your plugin to do the following (bearing in mind I am not great with AE). For a teaching seminar, I want to draw statistical distribution curves (like the typical normal bell-shaped curve or the more asymmetrical log-normal curve) and then animate them in AE (for example, make the base narrower and the curve taller). I think the animation will be fine. I am just not sure I can use this tool to draw such typical distributions.

Thank you for letting me know.

Best.

Chris
    Hi Chris

Could you please provide an example image of the curve you're after? My hunch is that Bezier Node cannot create such a curve. However the trial version is free to download if you'd like to give it a whirl, there will just be a watermark on the output.
  • I can't get rid of the giant X on the screen.  I've followed all of the documentation (purging cache, uninstall, etc). What else can I do?
  • awesome plugin guys, super handy to have! Would love to somehow have arrowheads as a cap style option in the next update
  • Hi, Just bought the plugin.
    The lines don't resize properly when resizing it from a composition, whic is really frustrating.
    Disabling the "Collapse Transformations" (AE Comp Star icon) make it size properly but it gets all blurry, which is not great.
    See image below:

Please let me know if there is a way to go around this or fix it! Thanks!
  • why is the X and Y can only use separately?
    there should be an option to use them together