AE Pixel Sorter 2

• imageAE Pixel Sorter 2

AE Pixel Sorter was the first tool to bring the pixel sorting glitch effect available for motion designers and video editors within After Effects. Experimenting with Pixel Sorting just became so much easier! Since its launch, AEPS had a huge success in Broadcast TV, Live performances, VJs, Music Videos, Video Games, Photography and even Apparel!

https://aescripts.com/ae-pixel-sorter/

• Exciting new features and a very generous upgrade price.
    Thank you!
  • when i try to apply the pixel sorter effect my footage gets manipulated to where I'm not able to use it. 
  • ken brown said:
    when i try to apply the pixel sorter effect my footage gets manipulated to where I'm not able to use it. 
    Hi Ken ! Please let me help you by opening a support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1322

Also please provide a screenshot or a detailed description of the error as I don't quite understand your issue right now.
    I'll be happy to help !
    Gab
  • Would love to see a tutorial for V2. All links on the website + plugin are broken :(
  • Would love to see a tutorial for V2. All links on the website + plugin are broken :(

Hi :) working on it! should see them coming in the next weeks. thanks for the interest!
  • So I have just bought this as it looks pretty cool and has been heavily promoted on Instagram....

But the tutorial page is empty - which is pretty shit. If you are going to sell soemthing for $55 Au - then have the tutorials ready or at least show tutorials from V1 - pretty shit experience so far... 

• ben hall said:

So I have just bought this as it looks pretty cool and has been heavily promoted on Instagram....

But the tutorial page is empty - which is pretty shit. If you are going to sell soemthing for $55 Au - then have the tutorials ready or at least show tutorials from V1 - pretty shit experience so far... 

I think I get your point! thanks for the feedback, tutos are coming
  • I went on your page and there is no tutorials, no Documentation.
    ...You should have those ready if you're launching a new plug-in.
    My 2 cents.
  • I went on your page and there is no tutorials, no Documentation.

...You should have those ready if you're launching a new plug-in.
    My 2 cents.
    Hi Rafael! I know :s I thought they would be ready the week after launch but I'm struggling to find the time. I'll fix this soon! as you mentioned, it's much needed. thanks for the feedback!
  • +1 for the need for documentation. It’s fun to randomly play around with the plugin, but lots of production time could have been saved if there were some tutorials to get up to speed and achieve the desired effects with more accuracy. There are some helpful videos on YouTube for v1, but this update is different in many ways. 

Other than that, great job!
  • +1 for the need for documentation. It’s fun to randomly play around with the plugin, but lots of production time could have been saved if there were some tutorials to get up to speed and achieve the desired effects with more accuracy. There are some helpful videos on YouTube for v1, but this update is different in many ways. 

+1 for the need for documentation. It’s fun to randomly play around with the plugin, but lots of production time could have been saved if there were some tutorials to get up to speed and achieve the desired effects with more accuracy. There are some helpful videos on YouTube for v1, but this update is different in many ways. 

Coming soon guys :) Thanks so much for your patience. Struggling between the work and family life but I'm currently working on a nice and complete documentation / tutorials. Coming Feb. 2019
  • Im unable to install the plug in. For some reason it is not showing in After Effects
  • Hello cannot install when copied to
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018\Support Files\Plug-ins\
    the plug in does not show up ?
    M.

Hi ! 
    that's weird.. should be working this way
    - Are you sure you open AE CC 2018 ? 
    - Try with aescripts+aeplugins manager app to see if it installs: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/

• I can not render in Terminal when AE is open, it is saying that i run to much machines on one license. This is really sad :-( for such a nice plugin
  • I can not render in Terminal when AE is open, it is saying that i run to much machines on one license. This is really sad :-( for such a nice plugin
    Hi Lars,
    please open a ticket so the aescripts admins can help you with this question,

thanks,
    Gab
  • hey i want to know, what i can do with the try version? cause i want to try it first, its like a demo version that i can use for some instagram post or something? thanks for answering !
  • Hi ! You can test the plugin as long as you want, but it will be marked with a red X and resolution will be maxed at 950x540 pixels until you buy a license.
    Gab
  • Is there any way to go past 50 with the Block Size?

• hey ... run the 1.7 version .. now i got an update to ae2020.. it does not show up --- i did an update to 2.0 and put it in the right folder .. but it does not show up as well .. whats happend ?  pleas help me out !!! thx martin
  • Hi guys days ago I ve buyed the pixel sorter, and I used it and it was working perfectly, but recently the cycle function that makes  animated the sorted pixel stop working. pleas help!
  • Hi guys days ago I ve buyed the pixel sorter, and I used it and it was working perfectly, but recently the cycle function that makes  animated the sorted pixel stop working. pleas help!
    Hi !
    Can you please open a support ticket here so i can assist you, thanks !
  • I am trying to render just the stretched pixels on a character how is rendered with an alpha channel. Unfortunately, this is very difficult to do, which is surprising. It seems that a few additional options would make this easier.

I have been looking for a way to only output the stretched pixels without any of the source image. The only way I could achieve it was by duplicating the layer and setting the top comp to output Matte, and the second comp to track matt luma, but output gradient. This is a workaround, but it is cumbersome because now I have to copy animation keys across two comps.

In addition, I have a character with an alpha channel, but the only way I could get wide pixel strips was to pre-comp it on a green bg and then use a Linear Color Key to remove the green. This is also a crazy workaround.

I attached an image of the desired result.
    DesiredResult.png
    1823 x 1178 - 235K
  • I am trying to render just the stretched pixels on a character how is rendered with an alpha channel. Unfortunately, this is very difficult to do, which is surprising. It seems that a few additional options would make this easier.

I have been looking for a way to only output the stretched pixels without any of the source image. The only way I could achieve it was by duplicating the layer and setting the top comp to output Matte, and the second comp to track matt luma, but output gradient. This is a workaround, but it is cumbersome because now I have to copy animation keys across two comps.

In addition, I have a character with an alpha channel, but the only way I could get wide pixel strips was to pre-comp it on a green bg and then use a Linear Color Key to remove the green. This is also a crazy workaround.

I attached an image of the desired result.
    Hi Miles !
    Thanks for your feedback. I see you've already found the workarounds ;) that's in fact what you need to do to achieve this result with the current version of the plugin. I will take your feedback in consideration for the next versions,

Cheers,
    Gab
  • Hey sorry kind of a novice with AE. Was watching this tutorial @ this time stamp  and the person appears to change the orientation to both but I cant seem to find that option nor can I achieve that effect be trial and error. Would love some help here, thank you.
  • Hey sorry kind of a novice with AE. Was watching this tutorial @ this time stamp  and the person appears to change the orientation to both but I cant seem to find that option nor can I achieve that effect be trial and error. Would love some help here, thank you.
    Hi ! This tutorial is using the older, version 1 of the plugin. Now the rotation is made inside the plugin, you can do it by using the Angle option

Gab
  • Hello
    I have a questionabout the plugin.
    when i use the pixelsorter on a png with transparent background it doesn't affect the alpha part (or just a tiny part) but when I import a psd file where my png is. it affect everithing (and i find it to look better). So if i have a png sequence I can't pixelsorting it like I want. Preserve alpha chan is uncheck on the 2 png.
    I attach you the 2 img so you can see the difference.
    If someone can help me :)

Have a nice day
    Capture2.PNG
    507 x 505 - 333K
    Capture.PNG
    496 x 500 - 239K
  • Hello
    I have a questionabout the plugin.
    when i use the pixelsorter on a png with transparent background it doesn't affect the alpha part (or just a tiny part) but when I import a psd file where my png is. it affect everithing (and i find it to look better). So if i have a png sequence I can't pixelsorting it like I want. Preserve alpha chan is uncheck on the 2 png.
    I attach you the 2 img so you can see the difference.
    If someone can help me :)

Have a nice day
    Hi Corentin,
    If you don't mind, can you open a support ticket and send me your two files (png/psd), I can have a look at it and provide a more precise answer here.
    Thanks,
    Gab
  • Ok thank's
    I do that
  • Hi there,

Just wondering how the render only license works, am I able to run multiple instances of aerender with a Render Only license.

Thanks,

Chris
  • Hi there,

Just wondering how the render only license works, am I able to run multiple instances of aerender with a Render Only license.

Thanks,

Chris

• Hello,

Is the older version of Pixel Sorter still available?

I have 2, but I need to work on someone else's project who built it with 1.

Thanks,
    Adrian
  • Hello,

Is the older version of Pixel Sorter still available?

I have 2, but I need to work on someone else's project who built it with 1.

Thanks,
    Adrian
    Hi! yes, please open a support ticket, if you bought a license for V1 or V2 we'll send you the download link for V1
  • Is there an upgrade price? 
  • Is there an upgrade price? 
    Hi gary, Yes! The plugin is half price if you already own V1. Just visit this page while being logged-in and the price will adjust
  • I love this plugin. I was wondering if there is a method I’m not seeing that can give you a z depth pixel sort similar to a zoom blur but without the blur. If not this would be a great addition. I am attempting to create a look like ahmed nabils color explosions featured on Adobe but in video form. Thank you for all you do.
  • I love this plugin. I was wondering if there is a method I’m not seeing that can give you a z depth pixel sort similar to a zoom blur but without the blur. If not this would be a great addition. I am attempting to create a look like ahmed nabils color explosions featured on Adobe but in video form. Thank you for all you do.
    Hi Jonathan :) I'm guessing you could achieve something similar by using effects on top of AEPS, like Optical Compensation maybe ?
  • I was able to create the look I was going for. I had to take another route. 

I love this plugin. I was wondering if there is a method I’m not seeing that can give you a z depth pixel sort similar to a zoom blur but without the blur. If not this would be a great addition. I am attempting to create a look like ahmed nabils color explosions featured on Adobe but in video form. Thank you for all you do.
    Hi Jonathan :) I'm guessing you could achieve something similar by using effects on top of AEPS, like Optical Compensation maybe ?

• I have been looking for the same effect. There is a free plugin for Final Cut Pro that allows to sort pixels in depth (z axis) zoom like, but a paid After Effects plugin cannot do that.

Could you tell me how you managed to achieve the effect?

I was able to create the look I was going for. I had to take another route. 

• Hi
    Do you have any documentation for how the render-only license works, please?
    Do I need a floating license on the main workstations as well as a render license to do render on dedicated nodes?
  • Hi
    Do you have any documentation for how the render-only license works, please?
    Do I need a floating license on the main workstations as well as a render license to do render on dedicated nodes?
    Hi ! I don't think you need a floating license on the main workstation. A fixed license will do. You only need render licensed on the render nodes, and they should be launched in command line mode. The render-only licenses won't work with the GUI version of AE. I am 95% confident of what I'm saying here, but if you open a support ticket (https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1322) I will be able to transfer your question to the admins for a solid answer :)

Gab
  • When will there be a version that supports AE 2022 MFR?
    Hi Evond! I'm working on it :) Should be a few days
    Hi Evond, I've just uploaded the latest version with the support for MFR :) Simply download the trial or upgrade with Manager App
  • In the comment section Gabriel you had a conversation with Someone named Saturn Aer in May 2020 and I’m working on the same project as they are. I purchased AE pixel sorter 2 but the settings I need for my project is located in version 1. Can I please get a download link of version 1?
  • In the comment section Gabriel you had a conversation with Someone named Saturn Aer in May 2020 and I’m working on the same project as they are. I purchased AE pixel sorter 2 but the settings I need for my project is located in version 1. Can I please get a download link of version 1?

please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Is there documentation available on how to install this for Premiere and get it working? Those instructions do not seem to be detailed in the PDF that come with the plugin, it only mentions how to install for AE from what I can tell. 
  • tpm mmt said:
    Is there documentation available on how to install this for Premiere and get it working? Those instructions do not seem to be detailed in the PDF that come with the plugin, it only mentions how to install for AE from what I can tell. 
    Hi !

Install the plugin with aescripts manager app, this will solve many uncertainties. You can select Premiere and/or After Effects.

The location specified in the pdf (Common/.../MediaCore/) will install it for AE and Premiere. I will update the documentation to make it clear that this is the install location for both softwares.

Then, you will find the plugin in Video Effects > Gabgren 2000 > AE Pixel Sorter
  • I purchased PS2 after being very impressed by seeing others results with it. Luckily I have it installed correctly, but once I apply the effect, it just crops any footage down to a small rectangle. I'm not sure what step there is that I'm missing, I feel like I had thoroughly sorted through all the different settings I could change. After watching the tutorial on youtube, you just applied the effect and it looked great. Any thoughts?

• I purchased PS2 after being very impressed by seeing others results with it. Luckily I have it installed correctly, but once I apply the effect, it just crops any footage down to a small rectangle. I'm not sure what step there is that I'm missing, I feel like I had thoroughly sorted through all the different settings I could change. After watching the tutorial on youtube, you just applied the effect and it looked great. Any thoughts?

Hi !

What you are asking is a really good question it comes from a misconception because of the results we see by using the plugin. Pixel Sorter will not create a glitchy effect over your image but will rather rearrange the pixels in it. It will re-arrange them in a defined order, hence, sort them. It looks like the image you are using has a limited number of colors, like we often see with a vector image or a logo. If your image has only 3 constant colors in it, there is not much to rearrange or sort. Try adding Noise or Grain to your image before adding Pixel Sorter, you will see a very different result :)

Listen to the first tutorial (Noise) 

Gab
  • Any plans for Apple Silicon support?