• Thanks for the update Rafi!!
  • I'd love to beta test Kbar.  I use it every day and made my own icons.  Multiple bars sound cool. Please let me know how to sign up.

Scott
  • Hello ! i downloaded the new version for cc2019, but the zxp installer doesn't give me the cc2019 option... does anyone has any idea how to fix this? thank you!
  • I like to be able to have the KBar in vertical mode but then the tooltips are still displayed vertical as well. That is not very handy when I need to see what a specific icon does.
  • Crashes CC2019 - unstable.
  • Interesting. Would be nice to be able to display multiple toolbars at once, rather than only one. Also having a dual, or triple monitor setup isn't ideal if you have to constantly go back to one monitor to access these.
  • Is there a way to duplicate a current kbar/toolbar and then modify it? (Or do you have to start from scratch each time you're starting a new kbar/toolbar?)

I tried exporting and importing - and AFX said 'import successful' - but I din't see the name of that copy show up anywhere, so looked like I was still working with my original one.

(using latest version with Adobe CC 2019)
  • Kbar seems to resize its self when i save and almost take over the screen. I've saveed it as a workspace but even when i reset to saved workspace it jumps into a much larger window.
    any advice?
  • Does anybody know how to execute a scriptlet to search for a specific term? I want to click a button and fill out the search bar in the layers panel to search for "path" and press enter? This way when I click the button - paths pop up on my layer.
  • Few of scripts won't launch. As an alternative I used this for scriplet:

app.executeCommand(app.findMenuCommandId("ScriptName.jsx"));
  • Kbar - Unable to Execute (Example pop up error)

Migrating from AE 2018 to 2019 has been a hassle as I jump between multiple machines.
    A solve I found to migrate my KBar Settings was to do a Replace to the JSON file.

Will likely need to do something similar to my PC later today.

"type": 1,
                   "filePath": "/Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels/RepositionAnchorPoint.jsx",
                   "id": "d8409be0-6c7d-470d-aa50-98ff67d4107b"
                },
                {
                   "name": "Run \"AutoCrop_2015.jsxbin\"",
                   "description": "",
                   "icon": {
                      "type": 0,
                      "color": "",
                      "path": "AUTOCROP"
                   },
  • Just in case that anyone is interested, you can create a button to turn a layer into a guide layer with the scriptlet: app.executeCommand(3081)

• Hi!
    Is there anyway to move my settings from one computer to another?
  • Rafi Khan said:

Hey Taylor, can you open up a support ticket for this?  (https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1079

Thanks!

Hey! I've never had a custom tool bar for after effects, and was considering buying one. Kbar popped up right in time! It has been great so far! Although I noticed an issue with the "Run menu command" button. I can make a button for everything except "purge > All memory and disk cache..." even if I use the direct command I get an error (app.executeCommand(10200);)  Error images attached :) Any ideas?

http://i.imgur.com/3Jh7Ei9.jpg ;

PS: Your update 1.1 won't download off of AE scripts http://i.imgur.com/7TS1Gzy.png

I've got this same problem, how do I get KBar to purge the cache etc? Doesn't work atm
  • Hello, I’m trying to add the normal ae ‘Glow’ effect, but its not showing up in the menu?
  • Hi - I just found I opened KBar and all my SVG icons weren't showing - weird?

I am converting them all to PNGs but thought i'd let you know

• Hi - I just found I opened KBar and all my SVG icons weren't showing - weird?

I am converting them all to PNGs but thought i'd let you know

Hi Matthew, the image you attached didn't show up. Are you sure you're on the latest version of KBar? If so, can you please open a support tickets with details on your setup so I can look into it.

Thanks
  • Also having the same problems with SVGs all gone, does it mean Kbar 1 wont work in AE 2020 unless is with pngs?
  • Also having the same problems with SVGs all gone, does it mean Kbar 1 wont work in AE 2020 unless is with pngs?
    Hi Sebastian. You just need to upload to the latest version. I fixed the bug there.
  • How can I migrate my KBar settings to a new (macOS BigSur) machine? I spent a lot of time setting up the buttons - don't really want to do it again.
  • How can I migrate my KBar settings to a new (macOS BigSur) machine? I spent a lot of time setting up the buttons - don't really want to do it again.
    You can just backup your toolbar file from the old machine and restore it on the new one. 
  • There's a problem in AE Beta - BLACK SCREEN
    image_2021-06-28_150419.png
    563 x 1108 - 23K