• really like it.
    but why no arms animation?
  • really like it.

but why no arms animation?
    Hi mohammad,
    First, I'm glad you like it.
    I didn't do the arms animation to let you animate them as you want, you may want the character to walk or run while holding something. also arms animations are so easy to do,but i may add an arm rig option in a next update.

Cheers,
    Azedine
  • This is great! Any chance it might work with Bao Bones?
    Sure does! Awesome!
    unfortunately, Walker Tool don't work with BAO bones .
    BAO bones has the controllers inside,that what make it different compared to other Rig tools.
    Cheers,
    Azedine
  • Hi, can this work for quadrupeds? thanks!
  • Hi, can this work for quadrupeds? thanks!

Hi Gayle.
    Walker tool do not work with Quadrupeds.
    Cheers,
    Azedine
  • Can you keyframe the speed from a certain pace down to zero and have the character go from walking to a stop?
  • Can you keyframe the speed from a certain pace down to zero and have the character go from walking to a stop?

Hi Michael !
    You can only use HoldKeyframes when you want to animate the speed.
    You don't need to animate the speed to do a walk to stop animation.
    Take a look at the chapter 4 in the video tutorial, you will see how to do a Walk to stop animation.

At 9:54
    Best regards!
    Azedine
  • Really like this script ,Good job man the last version was cool enough . so the update is also so cool for me. I think it makes walking cycle sooo Customizable and powerful. Only one hint : Why you made the master control is (normal) null ? it would be coool to give it an icon as the rest of other parts :)

============= 

and Now my request as i asked before What about adding Arms controls too , is it in your List ?

• I'm sorry. but in the archive version 1.1
    can you check it out now!
    can you check it out now!
    Now good. Thanks for your script.
  • Really like this script ,Good job man the last version was cool enough . so the update is also so cool for me. I think it makes walking cycle sooo Customizable and powerful. Only one hint : Why you made the master control is (normal) null ? it would be coool to give it an icon as the rest of other parts :)

============= 

and Now my request as i asked before What about adding Arms controls too , is it in your List ?

Thank you Mohammad Sabri.
  • walker tool v2.0 error in after effect version 16.0.0
  • walker tool v2.0 error in after effect version 16.0.0

adobe Hi Monrat.
    Adobe did the expression engine in the new after effects version.
    I’m working on an update for the after effects v16.
    Until walker tool update comes you can change the expressions engine to make it works with after effects v16.
    the attachment image shows how to change the expressions engine.
    Cheers!
    95A1B018-999C-482F-871F-C19DBA91C5FD.jpeg
    1190 x 400 - 97K
  • Thank you very much for the advice
  • Hi, thanks for your script, but I don't understand, how make a character walk from right to left? (opposite way than in your tutorial)
  • Hi, thanks for your script, but I don't understand, how make a character walk from right to left? (opposite way than in your tutorial)
    Hello, I just had the same trouble and found the solution by rigging it as suggested and using a negative value for the speed :) 

Hello, I just had the same trouble and found the solution by rigging it as suggested and using a negative value for the speed :) 

You are clever man, that's exactly what I was going to say.
    Thanks
  • Hi Azedine. I have the following error: 
    Where did I go wrong?
    Skjermbilde 2018-10-31 kl. 12.39.43.png
    976 x 470 - 94K
  • Ooops, I should have added the file WT_ffx file within the folder :-) All is well.
  • Ooops, I should have added the file WT_ffx file within the folder :-) All is well.

Cool!
  • Is it compatible with CS6?
  • Is it compatible with CS6?
    unfortunately walker tool v2 is not compatible with cs6.
  • Hello, everything, my friend?

There are no AeScripts in the Brazilian market.
    Would you like to know how to use the properties of your script? But using one's own ... created in illustrator / photoshop.

I realized that if I keep his, but change to what I did not keep as homogenous animations.

Congratulations on the job, it's amazing and it helps a lot of people.
    Tkssss
  • Hello, everything, my friend?

There are no AeScripts in the Brazilian market.
    Would you like to know how to use the properties of your script? But using one's own ... created in illustrator / photoshop.

I realized that if I keep his, but change to what I did not keep as homogenous animations.

Congratulations on the job, it's amazing and it helps a lot of people.
    Tkssss
    Hi Adriano,
    i don't quite understand.
    but you can any software you want to create your character.
    all you need is a rigged character using (rubberhose, puppet tools, or Duik)
    Cheers!

• Hi Azedine,
    Your Walker Tool script looks awesome! Do you know if it would work with PuppetTools 3 by Greg Gunn?
  • Hi Azedine,
    Your Walker Tool script looks awesome! Do you know if it would work with PuppetTools 3 by Greg Gunn?
    Hi Paul,
    Yes, walker tool works with PuppetTool 3
    the "Examples with Puppet Tool character" in the home page are made by the puppet tool 3.
    imageimageimage
    Cheers!
  • Any way to modify this to get this working with CS6?

Thanks,

Chris

• Any way to modify this to get this working with CS6?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,
    Walkwr tool V2 is no longer compatible with cs6 because of the new Ui, i will try to make it work with cs6 in a next update.
    Best regards!
    Azedine
  • Looks good - will it work with Limber rigs too? Just tested it with Limber and it works great! used a Master layer as suggested in Limber doc, to control the body, as a substitute for the Body layer as suggested here. With front and back ankles in layers below.
  • Mick Finn said:
    Looks good - will it work with Limber rigs too? Just tested it with Limber and it works great! used a Master layer as suggested in Limber doc, to control the body, as a substitute for the Body layer as suggested here. With front and back ankles in layers below.
    Hi Mick,
    I apologize for the delay in responding,i didn't know about limber, just tested too, works great!
    thanks for sharing your feedback! :)
    Cheers!
    azedine
  • Hello,
    Thanks for your works !
    I try to decrease the Walker Legs Settings Speed from (X)value to 0, so the legs will stop.
    But when i do that there is some weird crossing movements from the legs...
    Any ideas how to fix it ?
    Thank you,
    Philippe
  • Hello,
    Thanks for your works !
    I try to decrease the Walker Legs Settings Speed from (X)value to 0, so the legs will stop.
    Thank you,
    Philippe
    Hi Philippe,
    Check out the [Walk to Stop ] part in the tutorial

at 9:54
    Hope this help.
    Cheers!
    azedine
  • Hello,
    Thanks for your works !
    Thank you,
    Philippe
    Hi Philippe,
    Check out the [Walk to Stop ] part in the tutorial

at 9:54
    Hope this help.
    Cheers!
    azedine
    .... Well that's seems to work very well !
    Congrats to you !
    Philippe
  • very useful script thank you so much ! 
  • I'm getting a weird gallop like motion, where they hop, stop, and then hop again. What'd I do wrong??
  • I love this tool but it has stopped working.  Anyone else having trouble with it?
  • Is there a way you can keyframe the start? I need my character to be stood still till a specific time. If I keyframe the speed it doesn't look real as it jumps to mid walk?
  • Is there a way you can keyframe the start? I need my character to be stood still till a specific time. If I keyframe the speed it doesn't look real as it jumps to mid walk?
    Hi Sam,
    Check out the [Walk to Stop ] part in the tutorial.
    cheers!
  • So this doesn't work in AE 2020? I purchased and installed it but when I ran it in AE 2020 I got an error message. Now I'm seeing that the compatibility only does up to AE2019 . Any plans for an update?
  • herramienta andadores es compatible para after effects 2020 ? seria de gran ayuda lo quiero comprar... muchas gracias !!
  • So this doesn't work in AE 2020? I purchased and installed it but when I ran it in AE 2020 I got an error message. Now I'm seeing that the compatibility only does up to AE2019 . Any plans for an update?
    Hi Jonathan, sorry for the late reply,
    what is the error message you got ?
    Walker tool works fine with After effects cc 2020
  • herramienta andadores es compatible para after effects 2020 ? seria de gran ayuda lo quiero comprar... muchas gracias !!
    Hi Jhony, Yes Walker tool works wit After effects cc 2020.
    Cheers!
  • HI, I want to know how to rig to animate the arms.

Thanks for your help.

Jose B
  • Hi, can I request a feature?

Please can you alter the speed setting / walk cycle code to make it animatable? Currently the speed is designed as a value to set once and forget; attempting to animate it doesn't work. Similarly to trying to animate a wiggle without the correct expression, the speed value will jump ahead to a different part of the cycle for every frame the speed value changes on. It ends up looking like a mess that isn't progressively animating the speed over time.

I don't know how to program, but in the creative cow thread below they walk through of how to correct this problem for the wiggle expression. Would it be possible for you to adapt this to your speed expression?

It would be fantastic to supplement my animations with partial walk cycles. For example - having the rig setup and only 'activate' when I require the character to walk.

Thanks!
  • Hi, can I request a feature?

Please can you alter the speed setting / walk cycle code to make it animatable? Currently the speed is designed as a value to set once and forget; attempting to animate it doesn't work. Similarly to trying to animate a wiggle without the correct expression, the speed value will jump ahead to a different part of the cycle for every frame the speed value changes on. It ends up looking like a mess that isn't progressively animating the speed over time.

I don't know how to program, but in the creative cow thread below they walk through of how to correct this problem for the wiggle expression. Would it be possible for you to adapt this to your speed expression?

It would be fantastic to supplement my animations with partial walk cycles. For example - having the rig setup and only 'activate' when I require the character to walk.

Thanks!

Hi scott, Thanks for the suggestion but i did already tried to fix this, but i couldn’t find a solution for that without breaking the automatic walk cycle of walker tool. Cheers! Azedine
  • What should be done if it gives such an error?

Без имени-12.jpg
    2560 x 1080 - 284K
  • What should be done if it gives such an error?

Hi Андрей Сакович,
    Make sure to Copy the "Walker Tool.jsxbin" file and the "WT_ffx" FOLDER to the following folder:

On Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects C[xx]\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels

On Mac: /Applications/After Effects C[xx]/Scripts/ScriptUI Panels

Best regards!
    Azedine