Pseudo Effect Maker
  • Does anyone know the max limit for a popup menu in (a) AE and (b) with Pseudo Effect Maker?
    TIA!
    - Roland
  • Any word on a AE 2018 update?
    edit: I posted this before trying to install. Seems to work fine.
  • Love this, it really speeds up my workflow. Thanks!
  • Hey. Is it possible to change the invisibility of an element by means of expressions. For example, check the box. Thank you.
  • Really liking the new version,  some great update and invisible effects are cool.  A couple of requests if possible for a future update.  

1: In this version (2.02) I miss the "Apply Effect" button that was right at the top in the older version, I now have to go into a menu for it.  kind of annoying.  EDIT - never mind, I see its now a "+" sign.  okay carry on.
    2: I don't know if this is possible, but is there a way to make the invisible controls dependent on a checkbox? it would be amazing if you could turn on and off controls with checkboxes.  

Anyways, thanks for the great work, this is probably one of my most used extensions.  
    ~Mikey
  • Hi! I'm using version 2.02.
    I'm having an issue where the pseudo effect looses its name when saving it as an animation preset within AE.

Steps to reproduce:
    create a pseudo effect, give it a name and save it.
    apply to a layer
    add some expressions and save everything as an animation preset
    whenever you apply the new animation preset, the pseudo effect has no name

Also, by further testing I've found that it looses the name just by saving it as an animation preset, no need to add expressions or anything/

should I open a support ticket for this?
    Thanks!
    v.
  • こんにちは、アルファベットしか対応していないですか?
  • please add support for the Russian language (Cyrillic) !!!
    now if you write in Russian then after adding the text turns into other characters
  • Hi, I'm using version 2.02, tried restarting ae, my computer..etc..
    pasting Hex codes for colors is not working, any solution? It was working with the previous versions..
    But I prefer using this latest one, the previous ones have a lot of bugs
  • Greetings!

This is an excellent script, but it has some flaws. 
    For instance, sometimes when applying controls to a layer, the values will not retain the desired naming. 
    The latest update(s) fixed a couple of issues, but issues remain. 

That being said, I reiterate, this is an excellent script. Highly recommend.
  • Hi, i have a little question. Is it works in other users that haven't this plugin? i planned to use this plugin for creating templates.
  • Hi,
    nice script. I have created my own effect with several groups, to group my properties. But i cant get the value in my expression, if the property is a child of a group. 

My Example: 
    <Effect matchname="Pseudo/MMC AnimatedRect" name="$$$/AE/Preset/MMCAnimatedRect=AnimatedRect">
    <Group name="$$$/AE/Preset/Corners=Corners" >
    <Slider name="$$$/AE/Preset/Roundness=Roundness" default="25" slider_min="0" slider_max="2000" valid_min="0" valid_max="1000" precision="1" />
    <Slider name="$$$/AE/Preset/CornerStroke=CornerStroke" default="6" slider_min="0" slider_max="100" valid_min="0" valid_max="100" precision="1" />
    <Color name="$$$/AE/Preset/CornerColor=CornerColor" default_red="255" default_green="157" default_blue="76" />
    </Group>
    </Effect>
    In expression, this call doesnt work, why?
    tstRoundness = effect("AnimatedRect")("Corners")("Roundness");

• hi,

just bought your amazing script. one question: how can i use the text object? I don't get its function, because i 
    can not change anything in the effect panel.

thank you for your response

have a nice day

regards, 

marc
  • 如果支持中文就买了,可惜!
  • Hi, great plugin!
    After trying the demo I purchased it.

How can I remove watermark from the pseudo effects I made with the demo without creating it all over again?

• Hey. Is it possible to change the invisibility of an element by means of expressions. For example, check the box. Thank you.
    Hello, This plug in has been cool so far until i hit this problem. I can't seem to get the checkbox option to turn a layer on and or off. How do you use the Text option? It would be great if you guys gave more of an explanation on your website. Thank you. 
  • I want you to add a color gradient.
  • Hello, Is your plugin usable to create templates ?
    --> Will customers have a missing plugin message when they openn the template ?
    This is very interesting, thanks for your answer.
  • Hi,

Will a single user license work on a single computer but also with multiple creative cloud accounts?
    Example: If I log in to creative cloud to activate the AE licence with a user today and tomorrow I log in with another user, will the plugin still work for both users?

Thank you.

I wanna know about this too
  • Hi - can you please explain what advantages this has to simply adding several controllers through Effect>Expression Controls and then saving that as a Preset (via Animation>Save Animation Preset)?  Does this give added functionality or is it primarily a convenience script that gives you a nicer User Interface and perhaps save a few clicks?

Thanks for any additional information you can provide.
  • Hey!

First of all, this is fantastic! Just a question, I seem to be having problems with the accented vowels in spanish (á, é, í, ó, ú). They work perfectly in my project but when I make a collect or something they get replaced with another character, making the project throw expressions errors. I stopped using them but just curious to see if there's a workaround.

Thanks!

I wanna know about this too
    I don't think it creates UI controllers for aex plug-ins, you'd need to do that using the SDK but this is great for creating UI for something driven by expressions or a script.  For example grouping all the rotation controllers for each finger in a hand rig.
  • Hi. I just saw that After Effects added a "Dropdown Menu Control" to the expression controls, which I have always thought would be useful. Will this be added to the next version of Pseudo Effect Maker?
  • Hi. I just saw that After Effects added a "Dropdown Menu Control" to the expression controls, which I have always thought would be useful. Will this be added to the next version of Pseudo Effect Maker?
    I think its the same as the "Popup" controller in pseudo effect maker.
  • The character count limit for Popup menu is only 254 characters only.
    Is it possible to increase this limit?
  • not compatible with CC2021
  • not compatible with CC2021

Please open a support ticket if you need assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi! I'm using version 2.02.
    I'm having an issue where the pseudo effect looses its name when saving it as an animation preset within AE.

Steps to reproduce:
    create a pseudo effect, give it a name and save it.
    apply to a layer
    add some expressions and save everything as an animation preset
    whenever you apply the new animation preset, the pseudo effect has no name

Also, by further testing I've found that it looses the name just by saving it as an animation preset, no need to add expressions or anything/

should I open a support ticket for this?
    Thanks!
    v.
    I got the same problem as valeria with version 2.2.20. When I apply the animation preset the Pseudo Effect has no name and so my expression brake.
    If I rename the effect everything works again.