Advanced Mask Editor
  • Looks awesome! Does it also work with paths on Shape layers?
  • No, but I plan to add
  • Hi

What is the car icon on left corner of your AE?

I really want to know.
  • car rig script.
  • Ինչ՞ով ե տարբերվում սովորական Mask Editor-ից, որը NT սկրիպտի մեջա:
  • NT-ում էլ չկա: Եթե ուշադիր չես նայել;
  • Cool product! I don't see an option for keyframes. Any animation options?
  • No Animation yet.
  • I think the best thing in it is the merge tool.
    And as a feature request it would be super helpful if it could merge animated mask paths!
  • I will try to do it in the next version.
  • It would be very helpful if it could merge multiple paths
  • Yes I know :)
    I really try to do it.
  • HI, would be amazing if boolean operations are possible. :)
  • are you still planning to add ability to modify Shape Paths?
  • Hi Ben
    We don't plan yet
  • Hi !

Do you plan to add the possibility to convert a shape in mask like the rd_ShapesToMasks script ?

As far as i'm concerned it's the only one reason i still haven't bought your tool.
  • Hi Harlem Harl

We don't plan yet.
  • Hi,
    In UI the "Mask FX" dropdown is empty.
    Also, where do I find the Mask Presets that are bundled with the script?  I have placed the presets folder in the ScriptUI Panel folder together with the mask script.

thanks

• Update:
    I figured this out now. No problem.
  • Hi Gregory
    :)
    If you have any questions please let us know.
  • Hi, how does the "Cut"-Button work? It seems like it opens the mask and generates another point?!
  • Hi Christoph
    Yes. Each mask consists of vertices, one of which is the first. Thus, when you select the vertex you need, the program calculates the distance from the first vertex to the one you selected and cut the mask, while generating a new vertex
  • Hi guys, so when using this script to convert mask to shape, a very noticeable artifact between various elements is created. I'm not quite sure how to get rid of these. Any thoughts?
  • Hi ! I'm interested by this script but mainly for the merge function. Is it possible to change the points of each masks that will be connecting together ? For instance : if I want the first point I made for mask 1 and the last point I made for mask 2 to connect or the other way around, can I do that ?

I do a lot of rotoscoping and I would like to make sure that if i accidentally misclick and do another mask instead of continuing with the one I was working on, I can merge the right points and not only the first or last of each mask. I don't know if that makes sense, sorry if it's not.
  • Hi Skydean

Of course you can.
    When you merge two masks, path will start from first vertex of mask 1 and the last vertex will be the first vertex of mask 2.
    Select mask 1 then select vertex you want and hit "set first vertex".
    Do the same with the second mask and merge them.
    If necessary, you can change the direction of the path by clicking the “Open path” button (first click opens the path, if it is closed, and then each time you click on it, it changes the direction of the mask path).

Best Regards
    Nataworkstudio
  • Is there a way to flip a mask according to an anchor point ?
  • We're having some difficulty and wondering if it's a limitation of the script, a step we've missed or a bug.

Two open masks were created and animated with specific fine tuning of keyframes in the Speed Graph. After merging the paths, though the shape and position of the combined masks is correct on the keyframes, all of the in-betweens are lost. Each of the original paths prior to merging have their own unique motion and speed between keyframes to suit our composition, but are not retained after using Advanced Mask Editor 2 to merge them.

We are using After Effects on both PC and Mac, latest versions of AME2 and After Effects CC. I have submitted a trouble ticket to AEScripts with a sample project.
  • Hi Chris,

Yes, I know about this, unfortunately the Advanced Mask Editor is not provided for keyframes with easy ease, easy ease in and easy ease out.
    In the future I will add this function.

Best regards
    Nataworkstudio

• This script is causing After Effects on my M1 MacBook Pro to crash.  Can't even get the window open.

Solution Update:  Ends up if you hold down Option & Shift while opening the script, it doesn't check for an update, which allows the script to open.
  • Hi David Pinkerton

Please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio

• I think the best thing in it is the merge tool.
    And as a feature request it would be super helpful if it could merge animated mask paths!
    Yes this was the reason I am considering it.

Will you be adding more presets?
  • Hi Caden Green

This function already exists, just select two animated masks and press 'merge'.
    We don't plan to add presets (for now).

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio