• I like the effect. I'm seeing an issue with the Copy Paste mode. It seems like the first copy has no delay. For the effect I'm trying to achieve I need to have each section of my scan width to have a delay. 
  • JJJ MMM said:
    I like the effect. I'm seeing an issue with the Copy Paste mode. It seems like the first copy has no delay. For the effect I'm trying to achieve I need to have each section of my scan width to have a delay. 
    open a support ticket
  • JJJ MMM said:
    I like the effect. I'm seeing an issue with the Copy Paste mode. It seems like the first copy has no delay. For the effect I'm trying to achieve I need to have each section of my scan width to have a delay. 
    Can you give more information? By "section" you mean slit? 

Delay parameter in slitscan means delay between first slit and last slit, thats why first slit don't have delay. Also you can combine slitscan plugin with native AE tools to achieve result you need. 

• Hi, slitscan is working really well for me. Thanks!

I'm about to start trying to work with 8K. Are there any reasons this won't be possible?

In future updates, a notification that tells the user when a clip has finished conforming would be really useful. Especially on higher res and longer clips.

Thanks again.
  • Hi, slitscan is working really well for me. Thanks!

I'm about to start trying to work with 8K. Are there any reasons this won't be possible?

In future updates, a notification that tells the user when a clip has finished conforming would be really useful. Especially on higher res and longer clips.

Thanks again.
    Thank you! 
    There are no reasons for problems with 8K. It only will work very slow....
  • Hi,
    nice plugin! It seems that the essential point setting is somehow referring to the current resolution. So switching between eg quarter and full resolution is kind of useless as it ends in total different results. I transferred my desired effects from quarter to full by multiplying the point setting times 4. Would be great to have this covered automatically in a future update. 
    cheers

• It seems so far a good option because it's really fast but it lacks of something crucial for customization: the possibility of adding your own gradient for displacement. Is this a feature we will see in the future?
  • Hey! It seems as if Slitscan is sometimes completely ignoring "width" settings. Looks good while working with it, but then when rendering it outputs other values.This happends on random scenes. Also tested on other machines but with same results. 

Anyone else seen that its a bit random? And in that case, did you somehow solve it?
  • Hey! It seems as if Slitscan is sometimes completely ignoring "width" settings. Looks good while working with it, but then when rendering it outputs other values.This happends on random scenes. Also tested on other machines but with same results. 

Anyone else seen that its a bit random? And in that case, did you somehow solve it?
    Hello! Was rendered value higher or lower than your value? There is some limitation for minimum width value, because if your resolution is 1920px and framerate is 24fps, you must have (1920/24) 80 sec delay for 1px width. So i strongly recommend to use high fps footage for this plugin.
  • It seems so far a good option because it's really fast but it lacks of something crucial for customization: the possibility of adding your own gradient for displacement. Is this a feature we will see in the future?
    Hey, thx for advise! AE has native effect, called Time displacement, it allow you to use any gradient you want. So we didn't add this option.
  • Hi,
    nice plugin! It seems that the essential point setting is somehow referring to the current resolution. So switching between eg quarter and full resolution is kind of useless as it ends in total different results. I transferred my desired effects from quarter to full by multiplying the point setting times 4. Would be great to have this covered automatically in a future update. 
    cheers

Hello! Thx for advise! We will try to make this in future ;)
  • Hello,
    Really cool plugin. We use it in a project bellow:

Cheers.
    Tomaž
  • I used the plugin about a month ago and it worked fine.

Now I'm getting some really rough results with the default settings and I can't find a way to smooth things out as they were before. 

Any help? I'm on Mac OS High Sierra and have been trying AE 2017 and 2018. 
  • Hello,
    Really cool plugin. We use it in a project bellow:

Cheers.
    Tomaž
    Wow! Amazing! Thanks a lot for using our plugin in your projects :D

I used the plugin about a month ago and it worked fine.

Now I'm getting some really rough results with the default settings and I can't find a way to smooth things out as they were before. 

Any help? I'm on Mac OS High Sierra and have been trying AE 2017 and 2018. 
    Hello, Joel! What effects you use except slitscan? Do you use precomps or renders or some footage? 

• I think Media Encoder completely ignores the effect when rendering via AME...
  • As mentioned by Alvin Yeung the plug-in seems to be incorected rendered via Media Encoder and also via after effect in another way. I actually animated the "point" property but it did not affect the render.
  • I’m also not getting it to render at all with adobe media encoder, using the after effects renderer gives me weird results :( bummer! Cool plugin but doesn’t seem to work for exporting at all... not worth the energy and money, super bummed
  • Amazing plugin. If you want to see this done with actual cameras then look up Daniel Crooks who pioneered this technique. 
    This plugin will not replace the mechanical techniques but it does give something new to play with!
  • Great plugin!  I have a suggestion - animating the Point keyframe leads to jitters everytime it changes value. It looks like everytime the Point value jumps to the next whole number, it jumps on the screen. Could you please smoothen that out in the next update?
  • Hi, I'm using the plugin in AE2020 on Big Sur, but not really getting the results I see in the video.
    Could it be that it's not working properly in Big Sur?
  • A warning (and fix request); in copy-paste mode, the Point control value gets messed up changing resolution (cc2020 on a mac). If you switch to half-res, you'd need to halve the Point value for it to function as it would at full resolution. 

I've got some nice results with this though.
  • Doesn't work in AE2021 + MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3
  • Doesn't work anymore
  • I really need this for a project and doesn't work anymore :'(

Using Adobe AE 2021, Big Sur.

Any chance in an update? I love this plug-in, I'm gutted it doesn't work anymore.

keeping my fingers crossed!
  • No longer works. Using AE 2022, Windows 10.
  • Doesn't work in AE2021 + MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Doesn't work anymore

I really need this for a project and doesn't work anymore :'(
    Using Adobe AE 2021, Big Sur.

Any chance in an update? I love this plug-in, I'm gutted it doesn't work anymore.

keeping my fingers crossed!
    Hello guys! If anything doesn't work, please open support ticket, so we can solve all problems. We need more information than just "don't work anymore"... Btw tested it on AE 2022 and it works fine. Soooo support tickets is best way to report a problem!
  • Fun to play with. Would be great if AE2023 was added as a compatible version.
  • I was excited to experiment with this Slitscan, but unfortunately I'm having the same issue as some other people. I'm on AE2021 (Win 10), and the plugin doesn't seem to work properly. The image is affected by adjustments in the plugin settings, but it's all very rough and not in a way that resembles the tutorial or other examples. It's possible that I'm missing something, and I'll keep trying, but for now I'm leaning towards the plugin not functioning properly on my system.
  • I was excited to experiment with this Slitscan, but unfortunately I'm having the same issue as some other people. I'm on AE2021 (Win 10), and the plugin doesn't seem to work properly. The image is affected by adjustments in the plugin settings, but it's all very rough and not in a way that resembles the tutorial or other examples. It's possible that I'm missing something, and I'll keep trying, but for now I'm leaning towards the plugin not functioning properly on my system.
    Hello! There is helpful information. First, always use Full quality of preview, because Slitscan do not show result properly in lower quality. Second, when you use Slitscan on video, you need a high enough framerate to avoid "stairway" of pixels. I advice to make precompose with your video footage, then increase framerate in precompose settings up to 120 frames per second, and turn Frame Blending mode ON. It will fake high frame rate for you, but will take longer to render. Slitscan was tested on every version of After Effects and it works fine everywhere. Just be patient and do research!  

Also if you have problems with our tools, just open support ticket, we always answer fast there.
  • hi i think there is a problem with after effects 2024 im getting "bad parameters in effect callback"
  • Is this supposed to work in Mac Sonoma on M2 Ultra processor? 

I can't get it to work properly.