• Hey every time I use the shortcut to open keyboard all I get is a pop-up to "Select a render output folder". I've tried several different combinations of keys but it's always the same result. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
  • Hey every time I use the shortcut to open keyboard all I get is a pop-up to "Select a render output folder". I've tried several different combinations of keys but it's always the same result. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    Sorry miss read the instruction to place the script in the "Script" folder and not "ScriptUI" folder. Works great now, and it's one heck of a time saver tool! 
  • The most powerful tool this year!
    I can't live without it.Thank you dude!
  • This is worth every penny for the 'mirror' shortcut alone! :-)
  • No matter what I do, I cannot get this script to launch via a shortcut. I have to File>Run Script every time I was to use it. I've tried deleting, resetting shortcut, and nothing is working.
  • Joe Lacy said:
    No matter what I do, I cannot get this script to launch via a shortcut. I have to File>Run Script every time I was to use it. I've tried deleting, resetting shortcut, and nothing is working.
    Hi Joe, I have received your support ticket. Please check the reply and test whether it works for you. 
  • Great script! but does not support custom key types like levels/curves
  • Great script! but does not support custom key types like levels/curves
    Sorry, it's because Adobe doesn't provide methods to access custom-value-type of keyframes.
  • Great script~ but, It doesn't launch, shortcut "Shift+Q" 
    I lanuch this script uncomfortably. 
    Everytime I have to click FIle-scipt- Keyboard script ㅠㅠ
    plz solve this problem~~ 
    My afterEffect version is 2017.2

plz solve this problem~~ 

Hello, could you open a support ticket to tell me your OS and the version of KEYboard you use. :)
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    plz solve this problem~~ 

Hello, could you open a support ticket to tell me your OS and the version of KEYboard you use. :)

My Os is Window7 EnterpriseK

plz solve this problem~~ 

My Os is Window7 EnterpriseK

Could you open Preference window in After Effects. 

Click Reveal Preference in Explorer button. 

Find the text file called Adobe After Effects 14.2 Win en_US Shortcuts.txt and open it.

Search for ExecuteScriptMenuItem to see whether there is shortcut you set in ExecuteScriptMenuItem01="()"

If not, enter shortcut like ExecuteScriptMenuItem01="(Shift+Q)"  

Then, save and close the text file and restart AE to check.
    shortcut file-01.png
    1001 x 2051 - 169K
  • Your script conflicts with "Quick Menu" script. Setting shortcut to Shift+Q or Alt+Q affects "Quick Menus" shortcut.
  • Your script conflicts with "Quick Menu" script. Setting shortcut to Shift+Q or Alt+Q affects "Quick Menus" shortcut.
    Hello, in this situation, you might need to modify shortcuts manually to resolve conflict. Make sure shortcuts of Quick Menu and KEYboard are different in the shortcuts text file.

You can get more infomation from this page. :)
  • Great timesaver!

I have one suggestion to improve the script: Let the tool-window appear at the mouse position.

I have a 3 screen setup, main window of after effects is on screen 2 (the middle one, neck friendly), but KEYboard tools always appear at screen 1 (the left one) and I always have to turn he head (not neck friendly).

I would love to see this in one of the next updates.

Until then: great work man!
  • Hi, is this plug-in multi-licensed? Or do we have to buy license for every purchase? Thanks.
  • Hi, is this plug-in multi-licensed? Or do we have to buy license for every purchase? Thanks.
    Yes, you can buy KEYboard in multi-licensed.
    But if you want to give away different single-use licensed, you need to buy the gift cards instead. :)
  • Loving this script so far! Thanks

Would be great if we could modify all the shortcuts and not just the ones assigned to numbers/ the top bar.

That way we can turn it into a mouse free ft-toolbar. The dream!
  • Hi,

I bought the keyboard plugin, it looks great but it doesn't work on my AE too :-(

My configuration : Mac OS X Capitan - AE CC 2017
    I tried manually ExecuteScriptMenuItem01="(Shift+Q)"  
    It doesn't work too.
    The plugin is in the first position in my Script folder (not into UI panel)

It only works when I lunch it by clicking file --->script ----> keyboard script

I don't know what do to you to make it easier.

Can you help me ?

• Hi,

I bought the keyboard plugin, it looks great but it doesn't work on my AE too :-(

My configuration : Mac OS X Capitan - AE CC 2017
    I tried manually ExecuteScriptMenuItem01="(Shift+Q)"  
    It doesn't work too.
    The plugin is in the first position in my Script folder (not into UI panel)

It only works when I lunch it by clicking file --->script ----> keyboard script

I don't know what do to you to make it easier.

Can you help me ?

Hi,

There is a bug in Mac. Could you modify the second item in shortcuts text file, just like ExecuteScriptMenuItem02="(Shift+Q)"  

If still not works, please open the support ticket to let me help you. :)
  • Hi there,

nice script, but the QuickVal and SHIFT commands do not work on my system (WIN7/AE2017)! :(

Also, which commands can be assigned custom shortcuts? There are limitations, right?

Cheers,
    Heiko
  • Hi there,

nice script, but the QuickVal and SHIFT commands do not work on my system (WIN7/AE2017)! :(

Also, which commands can be assigned custom shortcuts? There are limitations, right?

Cheers,
    Heiko
    Hello Heiko,

Can you open a support ticket to let me know more about the bug of QuickVal?

Another, the custom shortcuts are designed for key1-9. You can set keyframe ease, expression, or Javascript.
  • Hi there, I installed it on the Scripts folder and set up the Shift + Q to launch it and restarted Ae but Shift + Q is the only thing that works.
    Did I miss something?
    I am in Ae CC 2015 in Windows 7.
    Thanks!
  • Hi there, I installed it on the Scripts folder and set up the Shift + Q to launch it and restarted Ae but Shift + Q is the only thing that works.
    Did I miss something?
    I am in Ae CC 2015 in Windows 7.
    Thanks!
    Hello,
    Shift + Q is the custom shortcut to activate KEYboard. You need to make the interface of KEYboard appeared, then press different key to run different function.

If you want to clone keys, select keyframes, press Shift + Q, then press Q.

• Hi, I bought the keyboard plugin, and I installed it, and I selected SHIFT Q.

then I restarted AE, all of a sudden, it says Error "Could not convert Unicode characters"

since then, I can’t open AE.

before I install the keyboard I also installed FX console which is video copilot , is there any conflictions with other scripts?

My configuration : Mac OS X El Capitan - AE CC 2017 14.2.1

any ideas?

thanks.

HIROSHI HAYANO

• Hi, I bought the keyboard plugin, and I installed it, and I selected SHIFT Q.

then I restarted AE, all of a sudden, it says Error "Could not convert Unicode characters"

since then, I can’t open AE.

before I install the keyboard I also installed FX console which is video copilot , is there any conflictions with other scripts?

My configuration : Mac OS X El Capitan - AE CC 2017 14.2.1

any ideas?

thanks.

HIROSHI HAYANO

Hello, 
    Could you tell me what's language of your AE?

And please open the support ticket to let me know more about this problem.

• Hi
    I installed it on a trial license, assigned Shift + Q but after restarting AE it reopens the same startup window.
  • Hi
    I installed it on a trial license, assigned Shift + Q but after restarting AE it reopens the same startup window.
    In trial version, you can use shortcut to run KEYboard, but the trial license window will pop up every time.
  • Hi
    In trial version, you can use shortcut to run KEYboard, but the trial license window will pop up every time.
    I meant pop-up first time. but i solved, my problem was the language, I had it in Spanish.
  • Any chance to support CC2018?
  • Any chance to support CC2018?

Yes! Please update KEYboard to 1.0.4 and set keyboard shortcut in Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor, a new feature in cc2018.

I made a quick demo to set shortcut in cc2018 as reference.
    https://aescripts.com/media/catalog/product/c/c/cc2018_shortcut_crop.gif

more info about Visual Keyboard Shortcut Editor
    https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/keyboard-shortcuts-reference.html#main-pars_header_1698661027

• When I try to run it, this message appears. 
    "Unable to execute script at line 1.) does not have a value"
    Finally I uninstalled and re-installed AE. But the results ware same.
    How can I fix it?
  • When I try to run it, this message appears. 
    "Unable to execute script at line 1.) does not have a value"
    Finally I uninstalled and re-installed AE. But the results ware same.
    How can I fix it?
    Please open a support ticket and tell me which folder is you put the script file in. Your AE and KEYboard version and which OS is you are using are also necessary.

https://aescripts.com/contact/

Thanks.
  • Hi
    Im having problems with the shortcut not opening up KEYboard since I upgraded to OSX High Sierra.
    I followed your instructions for CC2017 and changed the preferences file but I am still not having any luck.
    Please can you let me know if you have any other suggestions on how to fix it.
    Thanks,
    Gareth
  • Hi
    Im having problems with the shortcut not opening up KEYboard since I upgraded to OSX High Sierra.
    I followed your instructions for CC2017 and changed the preferences file but I am still not having any luck.
    Please can you let me know if you have any other suggestions on how to fix it.
    Thanks,
    Gareth
    Hi

Please open a support ticket and send me a screenshot for your script menu in AE. I need to check whether the shortcut had been added to AE or not after you modified preference manually.

Thanks,
    Yuan

• For Future updates. when ever i use the Fool Parents and the small dialog pops up; it falls back behind my windows cause im clicking my main viewer in After Effects. In other words i have a 3 screen setup and my left screen has my source files and my center screen has my viewer only and my right screen has my layers. Everytime i try using the fool parent i lose my dialog box. thanks
  • im loving using keyboard for adjusting scale on layers with wasd... BUT about 95% of the time i want proportions constrained... is there a keyboard shortcut to constrain proportions? otherwise it sort of defeats the purpose of avoiding mouse/trackpad! thx for ur work!
  • after using organize to organize a lot of keyframe,the window of KEYboard won't close.
    How can I fix this problem?
  • Tavvi 96 said:
    after using organize to organize a lot of keyframe,the window of KEYboard won't close.
    I have the same issue 
    Except that I looooovvvveeeee your work !! <3 
  • Tavvi 96 said:
    after using organize to organize a lot of keyframe,the window of KEYboard won't close.
    I have the same issue 
    Sorry for replying late.

This bug should be fix in next update. But it still need to take some time to handle with lots of keyframes.

• This is really great tool, love it!

Unfortunately "Linear" (spatial interpolation) does not work :(

Win10, AE2019
  • Hello I love your work !!

But I still have the really annoying bug : The windows menu stuck in my screen and I have to reboot Ae to get ride of it... it's time consuming :/

Thanks for your answer :)
    Tavvi 96 said:
    I have the same issue 
    Sorry for replying late.

This bug should be fix in next update. But it still need to take some time to handle with lots of keyframes.

• Hi, I notice "right click for more mode" in FoolParents feature. but when I right click nothing happens. can you explain how to do it properly? thanks.
  • Hi absolutely wonderful script, thanks ! . I have a request, when mirroring or cloning keys I usually want to work with the cloned keys. Would it be possible in a feature update to have an option like a preference maybe to have the clones selected after the operation? Would save me a lot of clicking and dragging. 
  • Hello. I use in trial. very convenient. However, the following functions could not be used.
    It is ver cc2019.Language is Japanese
    Does anyone have the same problem?
    Y .... Linear Spatial Interpolation
    U ... Shift Keys
    I .... Shift Keys
    O ... Random Keys
    P ... Pull / Push Layers group
    A ... FoolParent
    S ... QuickVal
    D ... Reverse Layer Orders
    F .... Purge All
    L ... Option
  • Hi, yamada. This is because of trial limitation. If you activate the license, you could use full functions.

Hello. I use in trial. very convenient. However, the following functions could not be used.
    It is ver cc2019.Language is Japanese
    Does anyone have the same problem?
    Y .... Linear Spatial Interpolation
    U ... Shift Keys
    I .... Shift Keys
    O ... Random Keys
    P ... Pull / Push Layers group
    A ... FoolParent
    S ... QuickVal
    D ... Reverse Layer Orders
    F .... Purge All
    L ... Option

• These functions have been combined to the same window since v1.2 update. So you no more need to right-click to open the extra menu.

Hi absolutely wonderful script, thanks ! . I have a request, when mirroring or cloning keys I usually want to work with the cloned keys. Would it be possible in a feature update to have an option like a preference maybe to have the clones selected after the operation? Would save me a lot of clicking and dragging. 

• This is a good idea! I will try to add this feature in next update.

Hi absolutely wonderful script, thanks ! . I have a request, when mirroring or cloning keys I usually want to work with the cloned keys. Would it be possible in a feature update to have an option like a preference maybe to have the clones selected after the operation? Would save me a lot of clicking and dragging. 

• Hello, I keep getting error messages when using KEYboard v1.2.2, but it can run normally with v1.1. How can I solve it?
    -
    Operating system win10
    After Effects for CC2020
  • Hello, I keep getting error messages when using KEYboard v1.2.2, but it can run normally with v1.1. How can I solve it?
    -
    Operating system win10
    After Effects for CC2020
    Hello, please open a support ticket and give me the error messages screenshot. I need some more information to help you solve the problem.

https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1066

btw, Mandarim is okay.