• imageRIGOMATOR

Build, Save, and Share custom animation templates extracted from your characters to be used with any character regardless of size or dimensions. Open the door to the future because this is it

https://aescripts.com/rigomator/

• Hey, this looks like to great time saving tool! Thanks for your hard work!

Are there any plans to also have the artwork saved with the rig too? So you essentially build a library of pre-rigged characters which can be loaded into any project?

Also, just a thought in regards to the setting up of the rig, it could be useful (to save a little bit of time) for the third drop down to auto select whatever is in the first/second drop down (depending on the tool that was used to make the rig) when creating a rig, so that the user doesn't have to keep adding the same one twice perhaps?
  • Saxon Rix said:

Hey, this looks like to great time saving tool! Thanks for your hard work!

Are there any plans to also have the artwork saved with the rig too? So you essentially build a library of pre-rigged characters which can be loaded into any project?

Also, just a thought in regards to the setting up of the rig, it could be useful (to save a little bit of time) for the third drop down to auto select whatever is in the first/second drop down (depending on the tool that was used to make the rig) when creating a rig, so that the user doesn't have to keep adding the same one twice perhaps?
    Hey Saxon,

Thanks for the feedback! It really helps in the development!

So I actually use Rig in the term that rig is separate from your character~ I know that sounds odd but your character is actually on top of the rig and is the thing you see visually. What this is doing is taking the rigs animation information and creating a template from that :)

In short it means you can save any character animation and apply that animation to any other character and it will just work ( I’ll be making a video demonstrating this soon. I did the original walkthrough but used the same character and I think it confuses a few people )

Maybe in the late future I might be able to get a version that extracts the artwork aswell~ but that won’t be for quite awhile. But, it’s food for thought

The second part is actually being worked on as we speak ( for limber, rubber hose, and joysticks ‘n sliders ) in v1.0 duik should auto fill the controllers for you without any problems~

The reason rubber hose, limber, and joysticks ‘n Sliders is different is because the user can name the limbs how they like < accounting for every language, every scientific term, left and right etc it becomes quite complex. But, it’s on the way!

Run through the walkthrough using the free character template and yourll see what I mean

All the best

Sam
  • was wondering if there is a place where people are selling their templates?
  • I have several rigs that have controllers for other things in the scene such as props.  In the list of controls, it looks like you have all of the classic duik controls covered, but how do you connect a prop?  Say a farmer drops his rake as he does a double take and the rake has a controller but no bone.  I'd like to add the rake to the exported animation.  Is that possible and how do I do that?

Thanks!
  • I've been trying to use the Rigomator on After Effects to make an animation template. However, every time I tried to make one using a rig, the button I press to make that happen doesn't do anything. No template is made, and I have no idea why. I set up my controllers correctly, I made sure to pose my rig the way it's supposed to, I looked at the videos and I read the guide. 

So, I thought it would be good to make a post here to see if anyone else has some knowledge of what's happening. Are there workarounds? Am I missing something simple and I'm just dumb? 

Any suggestions would be helpful as I can't even find them anywhere else.
  • I've been trying to use the Rigomator on After Effects to make an animation template. However, every time I tried to make one using a rig, the button I press to make that happen doesn't do anything. No template is made, and I have no idea why. I set up my controllers correctly, I made sure to pose my rig the way it's supposed to, I looked at the videos and I read the guide. 

So, I thought it would be good to make a post here to see if anyone else has some knowledge of what's happening. Are there workarounds? Am I missing something simple and I'm just dumb? 

Any suggestions would be helpful as I can't even find them anywhere else.

please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Are you saying I can use one of my character animation toolkits from Videohive & use Rigomator to transfer their character animations to my own custom character that I created in Illustrator?
  • Hello,

I have exactely the same issue Alejandra Flores Banuelos (Comment of July 2019) should I also open a support ticket or maybe you can tell how the problem has been fixed?

Thank you
  • Hi,

Problem has been solved for me by upgrading back to the previous version 1.0.3 that I initially replaced by 1.0.4 due to the "unable to execute script at line 51" pop-up message. 
    The good new is that this pop-up message does not appear anymore when I run after effect (cc 2020). Thus I continue with version 1.0.3.
  • Hi,

Problem has been solved for me by upgrading back to the previous version 1.0.3 that I initially replaced by 1.0.4 due to the "unable to execute script at line 51" pop-up message. 
    The good new is that this pop-up message does not appear anymore when I run after effect (cc 2020). Thus I continue with version 1.0.3.
    Thank you for reporting this! we are now back up and looking into what's going on!
  • Are you saying I can use one of my character animation toolkits from Videohive & use Rigomator to transfer their character animations to my own custom character that I created in Illustrator?
    Depending if they have use one of the major rigging tools to rig the character then yes!