• 99% of time I create compositions from everything that I import into AE. Would be cool if you could make I/O to automatically create compositions for the imported "footage". I usually have for an example main folder named something like "UI GRAPHIC ELEMENTS" and then a subfolder, where I throw the actual files while the compositions are in the "UI GRPAHIC ELEMENTS" main folder. By making compositions out of everything I make sure that I keep everything dynamic and I'm able to change stuff within compositions later on if need to be. 

Anycase I'm really interested of this tool! The only thing I could wish for would be built in media browser and some additional functionality with it.

• How does it handle files with layers such as photoshop and Illustrator? When importing those, I like to retain dimensions as "layer size" and import as "composition" - how does it know how to handle those specifics options on import? 
  • hey! it does NOT have trial mode although is there is the option on the page. :(

I'm quite interested in testing and most likely to buy the software but, it is never a good start when the advertised product is not matching the advertisement.

• hey! it does NOT have trial mode although is there is the option on the page. :(

I'm quite interested in testing and most likely to buy the software but, it is never a good start when the advertised product is not matching the advertisement.

Miguel, 

Apologies, it appears the trial feature was disabled. I've just uploaded a corrected version that you can download from the product page > "Try" button. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Let me know if you have any questions as you are testing out the product. Thanks!
  • How does it handle files with layers such as photoshop and Illustrator? When importing those, I like to retain dimensions as "layer size" and import as "composition" - how does it know how to handle those specifics options on import? 
    Hey Frank! 

Good question, as of now Pro IO uses your default preferences on import, however, it's designed for footage imports. So essentially it can import footage as compositions, but it's not going to recognize the imported files that AE puts in subfolders after importing as compositions when you go to sync the Watch Bin again. 

This is a great feature idea though, I'll add it to the list. Thanks!
  • 99% of time I create compositions from everything that I import into AE. Would be cool if you could make I/O to automatically create compositions for the imported "footage". I usually have for an example main folder named something like "UI GRAPHIC ELEMENTS" and then a subfolder, where I throw the actual files while the compositions are in the "UI GRPAHIC ELEMENTS" main folder. By making compositions out of everything I make sure that I keep everything dynamic and I'm able to change stuff within compositions later on if need to be. 

Anycase I'm really interested of this tool! The only thing I could wish for would be built in media browser and some additional functionality with it.

Hey Miika, thanks for your suggestions! I have heard of this workflow for AI and PSD files that you can import as a Composition, so I'm planning on investigating that, but are you talking about all files, including videos/audio/image sequences, etc.? And regarding the media browser idea, how would that help you / work in this scenario? Thanks!
  • Hi,

I was wondering how well does this perform in bringing a PR sequence into AE? I know it helps with organizing, but one thing i've always ran into that was slightly annoying while importing a PR sequence, was if there was an adjustment done (E.G. Scale adjustment) it would put that footage segment into a precomp. Then I would have to go in, and adjust everything accordingly, which takes a bit of time. Does PRO IO help with eliminating this problem?

Thanks!
  • Hi,

I was wondering how well does this perform in bringing a PR sequence into AE? I know it helps with organizing, but one thing i've always ran into that was slightly annoying while importing a PR sequence, was if there was an adjustment done (E.G. Scale adjustment) it would put that footage segment into a precomp. Then I would have to go in, and adjust everything accordingly, which takes a bit of time. Does PRO IO help with eliminating this problem?

Thanks!
    Hey Christopher, great question! Pro IO is designed for importing media files not project files, so by default the "Allowed File Name Endings" excludes any video project files (.prproj, .aep). You can change this by adding them to the "Allowed File Name Endings" list, but you're still going to be prompted with the "Sequence Selection" window each time you import, which is probably not what you want. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
  • possible to have more than 3 preset buttons on the interface?
  • Itgel Ito said:
    possible to have more than 3 preset buttons on the interface?
    Currently you can't change the number of buttons on the panel, but you can quickly access any other Export Presets past the top 3 by right clicking any of the buttons and selecting the one you want to reorder them.
  • Just trying out the trial version.
    Seems like just The Thing for me.

However, it would be really nice to be able to create a new Watch Bin AND link to a folder already existing in my project.
    (So I guess the correct term would be "Convert to Watch Bin"....)

cheers,
    Jesper
  • Just trying out the trial version.
    Seems like just The Thing for me.

However, it would be really nice to be able to create a new Watch Bin AND link to a folder already existing in my project.
    (So I guess the correct term would be "Convert to Watch Bin"....)

cheers,
    Jesper
    Thanks for the suggestion Jesper! I'll make a note of that. If you already have a folder with footage in it, but you want to make a Watch Bin for the same folder, you can simply make a new Watch Bin, move the contents of your old folder into the Watch Bin, and then sync the Watch Bin and then your Watch Bin will be updated without re-importing your existing footage. 

Also, if you set up your Watch Bins in your project template, then for all future projects all you have to do is sync when you start a new project and everything is imported and organized correctly. Cheers!
  • Just started using this and it is brilliant! Just what we needed... but unfortunately can't get it to work with Team Projects ? Which we use 99% of the time. 
    Also not sure if its already possible but it would be good to able to change subfolder paths dependent on the main folder.
    The use of it with templates works well but if you have folder names that slightly change between project you have to relink it each time. For example our Assets folder is -   Assets-[ProjectNumber] , So it would be good for it to be able to ignore the project number.
    Thanks

• Just started using this and it is brilliant! Just what we needed... but unfortunately can't get it to work with Team Projects ? Which we use 99% of the time. 
    Also not sure if its already possible but it would be good to able to change subfolder paths dependent on the main folder.
    The use of it with templates works well but if you have folder names that slightly change between project you have to relink it each time. For example our Assets folder is -   Assets-[ProjectNumber] , So it would be good for it to be able to ignore the project number.
    Thanks

Hey Jack, thanks for reaching out.! You can have your Export Presets/Watch Bins dependent upon the Project file directory with relative paths, indicated by the leading dots e.g. ../Footage/File-01.mov (This is outlined more in the tutorial).

Pro IO hasn't been tested with Team Projects yet, you're the first one who's brought this up. Always interested to hear different people's workflows and how Pro IO can better assist. If you can open a ticket with a screenshot of your folder structure and a description on how your team is using Team Projects, that would be super helpful. Thanks!
  • One thing that happens is when I sync a folder that has illustrator files, every time I sync it keeps re-importing the illustrators files over again so I get like filename01.ai, filename02.ai, etc. 
  • One thing that happens is when I sync a folder that has illustrator files, every time I sync it keeps re-importing the illustrators files over again so I get like filename01.ai, filename02.ai, etc. 
    Hey Frank,

That's strange, haven't heard of that one yet and I'm not able to replicate that behavior on my end. If you can open up a support ticket here with the details of your project, app, and system, I'd be happy to help you resolve this.

Thanks,

Justin
  • Just purchased this incredible plugin! This is going to safe me so much time!
    1 small question: Once I added a watchfolder, PRO IO imports everything twice. Including subfolders and image sequences.

I've only have 10 minutes of experience with the plugin, so I might be overseering something. But i couldnt find anything in the settings.

Could you please help me out?

Greetings
    1 small question: Once I added a watchfolder, PRO IO imports everything twice. Including subfolders and image sequences.

I've only have 10 minutes of experience with the plugin, so I might be overseering something. But i couldnt find anything in the settings.

Greetings
    Hi Remko,

I'd be happy to help you get this resolved quickly. Can you open a support ticket and list your app/system info as well as details on what files and folders you're importing, that way I can look into what's causing this issue.

Thanks,

Justin

Greetings
    Hi Remko,

I'd be happy to help you get this resolved quickly. Can you open a support ticket and list your app/system info as well as details on what files and folders you're importing, that way I can look into what's causing this issue.

Thanks,

Justin
    Hi Justin,

Thanks for your quick response! After a reboot and re-install it works perfect now.
    Looking forward to using it!

Kind Regards

Greetings
    Hi Remko,

Thanks,

Justin
    Hi Justin,

Thanks for your quick response! After a reboot and re-install it works perfect now.
    Looking forward to using it!

Kind Regards
    Awesome! Glad to hear it was an easy fix!
  • Hey Justin, this looks amazing and I was excited to try it out in the trial but im having an error that I hope can be fixed. I am trying the export queue feature- out of premiere- and when I use a preset that is using an "AfterCodecs" plugin the automated queue fails and tells me the preset is corrupted. This is not true because I use the preset manually all the time. Is there a technical limitation of the plugin itself or am I doing something wrong? :) 

• Hey Justin, this looks amazing and I was excited to try it out in the trial but im having an error that I hope can be fixed. I am trying the export queue feature- out of premiere- and when I use a preset that is using an "AfterCodecs" plugin the automated queue fails and tells me the preset is corrupted. This is not true because I use the preset manually all the time. Is there a technical limitation of the plugin itself or am I doing something wrong? :) 
    Hi Daniel,

Thanks for bringing this up, I'd be happy to help you figure this out. Can you open a support ticket here ( https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1279 ) and let me know which version of Premiere, Pro IO, and AfterCodecs you're using. Also which format you're trying to export it in. That way I can try and replicate the issue on my end. Thanks! Also, try creating a brand new EPR just to double check. Thanks!

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for bringing this up, I'd be happy to help you figure this out. Can you open a support ticket here ( https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1279 ) and let me know which version of Premiere, Pro IO, and AfterCodecs you're using. Also which format you're trying to export it in. That way I can try and replicate the issue on my end. Thanks! Also, try creating a brand new EPR just to double check. Thanks!
    AfterCodecs compatibility for AME has been added in the 2.15.9 release.
  • Hey Justin, 

I'm trying in use this as a batch importer for ARRIRAW image sequences within Premiere Pro, however it's not linking the spanned frames together. I have confirmed that .ARI is included within the supported file extension .txt file.

Each .ari image imports as a single file in Premiere, and doesn't span the image sequence together into one clip. Then hundreds of files are imported into the project (one for each frame in the image sequence).

Steps to Reproduce:
    Add new watch bin, point to the ARRIRAW image sequence folder (A001), with the .ari files. Select include subfolders or flatten. Check the image sequence box. Then sync the watch bin. 

Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks for the help. 
  • Hey Justin, 

I'm trying in use this as a batch importer for ARRIRAW image sequences within Premiere Pro, however it's not linking the spanned frames together. I have confirmed that .ARI is included within the supported file extension .txt file.

Each .ari image imports as a single file in Premiere, and doesn't span the image sequence together into one clip. Then hundreds of files are imported into the project (one for each frame in the image sequence).

Steps to Reproduce:
    Add new watch bin, point to the ARRIRAW image sequence folder (A001), with the .ari files. Select include subfolders or flatten. Check the image sequence box. Then sync the watch bin. 

Is there a step I'm missing? Thanks for the help. 
    Hi Scott,

Thanks for bringing this up. ARRIRAW is not currently supported as an image sequence type with Pro IO. I'll be including this format in the next update. If you want to open a support ticket ( https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1279 ), I'll let you know you when that update is posted. Thanks!
  • Hiya,

I am not sure if I understand your intended workflow of this plugin just yet,

I want to include the Folder 'CARD1', in card one folder is the MEDIA folder of CARD1, but also 5 other folders I DONT want to import.

SO what I want is: CARD1 + Subfolder MEDIA to be imported. Not the other Subfolders.

So now in my project there are the other 5 useless folders. I go into the list, remove them manually, but everytime I hit sync, they are reappearing.

Help appreciated. 

Thanks
    Jannick
  • Jay Pee said:
    Hiya,

I am not sure if I understand your intended workflow of this plugin just yet,

I want to include the Folder 'CARD1', in card one folder is the MEDIA folder of CARD1, but also 5 other folders I DONT want to import.

SO what I want is: CARD1 + Subfolder MEDIA to be imported. Not the other Subfolders.

So now in my project there are the other 5 useless folders. I go into the list, remove them manually, but everytime I hit sync, they are reappearing.

Help appreciated. 

Thanks
    Jannick
    Hi Jay,

Thanks for bringing this up! A quick fix for this is to change your Card1 subfolder mode to "Flatten", this way you don't need to worry about subfolders and you can just deal with your media.

Another workaround for this is after your initial import, you can delete the subfolders you don't want, and "Unlink" the parent folder (Card1) so it no longer syncs those folders you don't want, but your subfolder (Media) will keep syncing, however many times card media folders aren't going to change like a render folders will, so if you don't expect any changes, you can just remove all the folders after syncing.

You're the second person to bring up this workflow comment. I have an item on my list to look into ignoring subfolders by name, like the way Pro IO currently ignores filetypes that aren't listed in the "Allowed File Endings" file in prefs. I'll keep you updated on this one. Thanks and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Justin
  • When I try to create a Watch Bin of some images by dragging a folder to it on premiere pro and i get this: https://i.imgur.com/4cqBgvm.png
    Also, when i click watch bins, i only get this: https://i.imgur.com/e2CvsQx.png but not the file directory.
    And when I try to just drag a folder into the Pro IO panel, nothing happens
    I also get this error: https://i.imgur.com/DZxfz8d.png

When 
  • When I try to create a Watch Bin of some images by dragging a folder to it on premiere pro and i get this: https://i.imgur.com/4cqBgvm.png
    Also, when i click watch bins, i only get this: https://i.imgur.com/e2CvsQx.png but not the file directory.
    And when I try to just drag a folder into the Pro IO panel, nothing happens
    I also get this error: https://i.imgur.com/DZxfz8d.png

When 
    Hi Liam, Make sure you've installed the latest version of Pro IO from https://aescripts.com/pro-io/. If you're still having issues, please open a support ticket here and I'd be happy to help you sort this out: https://aescripts.com/contact/. Thanks
  • Currently just trying out the demo, awesome plugin btw!

Just a suggestion from my first attempt with a project within my current structure (This tool is that valuable I'm going to adjust my structure slightly)

HOWEVER, I know there's an option to ignore sub-folders completely...But some folders in the directory I want including and some not.

My process is using C4D token system to render out to folder where C4D files automatically creates subfolder with same name as the C4D doc and renders all passes for that file into...Problem is the tex folder sits in this directory too, sometimes containing high res psd/texture files. So you can imagine when it tried to sync this folder too...And I don't want the tex folder from default as this may cause issues on different machines.

So would be awesome to exclude certain subfolders in a watch list, and even maybe filetype deselection/selection? Like I could set it to only bring in .PNG sequences and ignore anything else...Or even to ignore for example psd files on a per watch folder basis (as I may want this somewhere else in my ae project rather than it being a universal thing)

So it's not over complicated it could just be an option in the 'Subfolders' drop down called 'Custom' which opens a dialogue with filter check boxes.

This is probably a huge feature request but I don't know anything about plugin development :/

Will definitely be purchasing after my trail :)
  • Hey Justin,

How hard would it be to create an export pipeline that matches your folder structure inside After effects so the folder that the comp is contained in is created for the exported video? Id love that as a feature

Cheers
  • Hey Justin,

How hard would it be to create an export pipeline that matches your folder structure inside After effects so the folder that the comp is contained in is created for the exported video? Id love that as a feature

Cheers
    Hey Joshua,

A few people have suggested a similar feature that would allow you to create complex folder structures upon export. I definitely want to look into this. Thanks for the suggestion, will keep you updated.

Cheers,

Justin
  • Currently just trying out the demo, awesome plugin btw!

Just a suggestion from my first attempt with a project within my current structure (This tool is that valuable I'm going to adjust my structure slightly)

HOWEVER, I know there's an option to ignore sub-folders completely...But some folders in the directory I want including and some not.

My process is using C4D token system to render out to folder where C4D files automatically creates subfolder with same name as the C4D doc and renders all passes for that file into...Problem is the tex folder sits in this directory too, sometimes containing high res psd/texture files. So you can imagine when it tried to sync this folder too...And I don't want the tex folder from default as this may cause issues on different machines.

So would be awesome to exclude certain subfolders in a watch list, and even maybe filetype deselection/selection? Like I could set it to only bring in .PNG sequences and ignore anything else...Or even to ignore for example psd files on a per watch folder basis (as I may want this somewhere else in my ae project rather than it being a universal thing)

So it's not over complicated it could just be an option in the 'Subfolders' drop down called 'Custom' which opens a dialogue with filter check boxes.

This is probably a huge feature request but I don't know anything about plugin development :/

Will definitely be purchasing after my trail :)
    Hey Michael,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've received a few requests for a feature that can ignore certain items in Watch Bins. I definitely would like to integrate this in a future release. Will keep you updated.

Cheers,

Justin
  • Hi, great plugin I miss an option to activate and deactivate the watch bins separately. I can use this tool to make a sort of import manager.
    Not every project uses all my brand content.
  • Hi, great plugin I miss an option to activate and deactivate the watch bins separately. I can use this tool to make a sort of import manager.
    Hi Jeffrey,

If you only want to sync certain Watch Bins, you can just select those in the Project Panel and hit "Sync". If you wan't to permanently unlink a Watch Bin that for instance doesn't apply to your project, select the Watch Bin in the Project Panel or the Settings window, and press "Unlink".
  • Hello, This plugin looks very interesting. I have a doubt. I often render animations in mp4 format from after effects using Autokroma Aftercodecs plugin, I import it to premiere pro and place it on the timeline. However, when I make certain changes to the animation in after effects and replace the file, the preview is not updated in premiere pro, Does this plugin solve the issue when I click the sync button?
    Hi Jeffrey,

If you only want to sync certain Watch Bins, you can just select those in the Project Panel and hit "Sync". If you wan't to permanently unlink a Watch Bin that for instance doesn't apply to your project, select the Watch Bin in the Project Panel or the Settings window, and press "Unlink".
    Hi Justin,

Thanks for the feedback.
    The way I would like to use it this folder do not exist in the panel. I start with an empty project and then I would like to choose which folders I would like to import. So for example I have 3 folders that I always want to sync and some additional folders/content I want to sync depending on the project. So ideally I would like to have a check mark like the "image sequences" in front of the sync folder in settings that I can select which folders I want to sync. 
  • Hello, This plugin looks very interesting. I have a doubt. I often render animations in mp4 format from after effects using Autokroma Aftercodecs plugin, I import it to premiere pro and place it on the timeline. However, when I make certain changes to the animation in after effects and replace the file, the preview is not updated in premiere pro, Does this plugin solve the issue when I click the sync button?
    Hi Avinash,
    If you're making modifications to the same exact file that's already imported while Premiere is open, then it won't update as this is a limitation of Premiere Pro until you restart the app, however what I'd recommend is setting up an export Preset in AE so you're always versioning up your exports, and then importing those files in Premiere through Pro IO's Watch Bins with the sync button and dropping in the new version that way. One advantage of this method is that you never accidentally overwrite a previous render that you may want to roll back to later.

If you use image sequences however, then you can sync a watch bin and it will look for new frames and update the sequence, so you can drop in a clip while it's still rendering in AE and then hit sync when you want to update it and it will update immediately in the timeline.
    Hi Jeffrey,

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the feedback.
    The way I would like to use it this folder do not exist in the panel. I start with an empty project and then I would like to choose which folders I would like to import. So for example I have 3 folders that I always want to sync and some additional folders/content I want to sync depending on the project. So ideally I would like to have a check mark like the "image sequences" in front of the sync folder in settings that I can select which folders I want to sync. 
    Hi Jeffrey,

While there's not exactly a checkbox option, I believe project templates would be the solution here. Check out 2:14 in the demo video on the product page for an overview on this, but basically you can create several Project Templates for each type of project that you make, that way when you're starting a new project you just make a copy of your template, and all your Pro IO Watch Bins are ready to go without having to set them up each time.

Thanks,

Justin
    Hi Jeffrey,

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Hi Jeffrey,

While there's not exactly a checkbox option, I believe project templates would be the solution here. Check out 2:14 in the demo video on the product page for an overview on this, but basically you can create several Project Templates for each type of project that you make, that way when you're starting a new project you just make a copy of your template, and all your Pro IO Watch Bins are ready to go without having to set them up each time.

Thanks,

Justin
    Hi Justin,

Yes that is a solution but not the one I am looking for. Because instead of having different projects it is far more easier to just have one base project and able to easy import the desired assets afterwards just by activate a certain folder. Also, I not always know upfront which assets a certain project needs and things can change along the way.
    Hi Jeffrey,

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Gotcha, I'll make a note of your feature request, thanks for the suggestion.
    Hi Jeffrey,

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the feedback.
    Gotcha, I'll make a note of your feature request, thanks for the suggestion.
    Thanks Justin!
  • Hello,
    I am using the Japanese version of AE CC2018. Even if I add it to "Watch Bins", the folder disappears from the list of "Watch Bins" as soon as the added folder is created, and the contents cannot be imported.
    The Japanese version of Premier Pro CC2019 worked without any problem.

※Use Google Translate
  • Hello,
    I am using the Japanese version of AE CC2018. Even if I add it to "Watch Bins", the folder disappears from the list of "Watch Bins" as soon as the added folder is created, and the contents cannot be imported.

※Use Google Translate
    Same.
  • Hello,

※Use Google Translate
    Thanks, someone else has brought this up. I'm currently working on a fix for this. Stay tuned.
  • Hello,

※Use Google Translate
    Same.
    Will be fixed in the next release, thanks for your patience.
  • Hey, is there any way for Pro IO to recognize the date stamp it created? When i render a V02 of a project from the day before it will save it as V01 because the older file in the output folder has the old date in it....
  • Hey, is there any way for Pro IO to recognize the date stamp it created? When i render a V02 of a project from the day before it will save it as V01 because the older file in the output folder has the old date in it....
    Hi Ruben, yes you can. Use the #VVS (version by stem) wildcard instead of the regular (#VV) and place the date after the version number in your naming convention. This way the versioning only looks at the file stem, and ignores everything beyond #VVS (including the date in your case).
  • Justin Taylor said: Ruben Riegamer said: Hey, is there any way for Pro IO to recognize the date stamp it created? When i render a V02 of a project from the day before it will save it as V01 because the older file in the output folder has the old date in it.... Hi Ruben, yes you can. Use the #VVS (version by stem) wildcard instead of the regular (#VV) and place the date after the version number in your naming convention. This way the versioning only looks at the file stem, and ignores everything beyond #VVS (including the date in your case). I see, we need to have date at the beginning of the file name unfortunately. Thanks for your answer anyway!
  • Ruben Riegamer said: Hey, is there any way for Pro IO to recognize the date stamp it created? When i render a V02 of a project from the day before it will save it as V01 because the older file in the output folder has the old date in it....
    Hi Ruben, yes you can. Use the #VVS (version by stem) wildcard instead of the regular (#VV) and place the date after the version number in your naming convention. This way the versioning only looks at the file stem, and ignores everything beyond #VVS (including the date in your case). I see, we need to have date at the beginning of the file name unfortunately. Thanks for your answer anyway! Gotcha, I'll make a note of your feature request in that case.