BG Renderer Pro
  • Are you ever going to update it for CC 2019 or is it just an Adobe thing to fix as you mentioned? I

BG Renderer works fine, the error you are getting is from aerender which only Adobe can fix.
  • Hey Lloyd,
    I've noticed that BG Renderer stops working when I try to render an AFX Project that sits in the Dropbox. It starts the console but than doesn't continue to render. It worked before but I think with CC2018 it stopped which is to bad as I work mostly with projects in DB. Is this also an Adobe error?
  • Hey Lloyd,
    I've noticed that BG Renderer stops working when I try to render an AFX Project that sits in the Dropbox. It starts the console but than doesn't continue to render. It worked before but I think with CC2018 it stopped which is to bad as I work mostly with projects in DB. Is this also an Adobe error?
    This sounds like an issue with aerender, not BG Renderer so you shoudl contact Adobe for assistance. If you need assistance from us please open a support ticket
  • I've spent an hour on chat support with some adobe support guy (there seems to be no other way to get support from Adobe these days) and this guy knows absolutely nothing and just sent me to the generic help page for scripts https://helpx.adobe.com/in/after-effects/using/scripts.html#sa_src=web-messaging
    Are you ever going to update it for CC 2019 or is it just an Adobe thing to fix as you mentioned? I

BG Renderer works fine, the error you are getting is from aerender which only Adobe can fix.

• I've spent an hour on chat support with some adobe support guy (there seems to be no other way to get support from Adobe these days) and this guy knows absolutely nothing and just sent me to the generic help page for scripts https://helpx.adobe.com/in/after-effects/using/scripts.html#sa_src=web-messaging

wow, that is appalling! maybe seek help on their forums

wow, that is appalling! maybe seek help on their forums
    He also suggested creating the folder structure ...AppData\Local\openvr\openvrpaths.vrpath  which I did but that didn't do anything. Then the only advice they give is "reistall application and script". I terminated the support session at that moment. They have no idea. I don't expect anything from the forum as that's just users helping users. If you as the creator of the script don't know a solution, surely no one on the forums is going to know it either.
  • He also suggested creating the folder structure ...AppData\Local\openvr\openvrpaths.vrpath  which I did but that didn't do anything. Then the only advice they give is "reistall application and script". I terminated the support session at that moment. They have no idea. I don't expect anything from the forum as that's just users helping users. If you as the creator of the script don't know a solution, surely no one on the forums is going to know it either.
    i would still try it, again, since this is not happening on any of our machines we really can't debug it.  Another thing that is a common issue is GPU drivers so perhaps check them for any issues?
  • i would still try it, again, since this is not happening on any of our machines we really can't debug it.  Another thing that is a common issue is GPU drivers so perhaps check them for any issues?

Well I tried reinstalling AE and the script and my GPU drivers are up to date but I still get the error :(
  • Lloyd Alvarez said:
    i would still try it, again, since this is not happening on any of our machines we really can't debug it.  Another thing that is a common issue is GPU drivers so perhaps check them for any issues?

Just a question then: do your systems have a folder like this:
    ...\AppData\Local\openvr\
    and if so, what's in it?
    Is "openvrpaths.vrpath" supposed to be a file of some kind?
  • Hi I just bought BG render PRO and when I try to render anything with it it also gives me the "Unable to read VR Path Registry" error. Rendering directly from AE doesn't give me this error so seems to be a problem with BG render.

Whats the fix?

-- 
    EDIT
    Sorry I didn't read the above posts. Im trying to update my GPU drivers right now.  

EDIT#2 that did not work.
  • Lloyd Alvarez said:

and if so, what's in it?
    I have that error and I don't have that folder. This is something GPU related it seems? Any other Ideas?..
  • Bas Mooij said:
    Lloyd Alvarez said:

and if so, what's in it?
    I have that error and I don't have that folder. This is something GPU related it seems? Any other Ideas?..
    You will need to contact Adobe for help with this as this error is coming from aerender and aerender is their product.
  • Hi Lloyd,

is there a way to deactivate a license on a certain machine? I recently used my own license for an on-site gig but now i can't find a way to remove the license again.

Thanks
    Axel
  • Hi Lloyd,

is there a way to deactivate a license on a certain machine? I recently used my own license for an on-site gig but now i can't find a way to remove the license again.

Thanks
    Axel

You can use our manager app to do it: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
  • Hi,

Are there any plans to update this script anytime? Its becoming less stable and acts as if the render is complete, when in fact there are frames that still need to be rendered. It happens more often in AE 2019, but the script would also fail in AE 2018.

Thanks,
    John

• Hi,

Are there any plans to update this script anytime? Its becoming less stable and acts as if the render is complete, when in fact there are frames that still need to be rendered. It happens more often in AE 2019, but the script would also fail in AE 2018.

Thanks,
    John

It works fine in CC2019, the issue is most likely related to something else. If you open a support ticket and provide as many details as possible including screenshots we can assist you.
  • Hi, when I'm trying to open the BG Renderer it opens an empty cmd named "find /I /N "soundmixer.exe" when i close the window it opens another empty cmd named "find /I /N "explorer.exe" and the AE stops responding. Any ideas what might be causing this? I was rendering on a daily basis without any problems like 6 months ago and now this happened. My AE is CS6
  • Hi, when I'm trying to open the BG Renderer it opens an empty cmd named "find /I /N "soundmixer.exe" when i close the window it opens another empty cmd named "find /I /N "explorer.exe" and the AE stops responding. Any ideas what might be causing this? I was rendering on a daily basis without any problems like 6 months ago and now this happened. My AE is CS6

you must have something else going on as those commands are not coming from BGR

I just did a clean install of AE CS6 and tried to launch BG Renderer without any plugins installed. Still the same problem ... Also I checked with AE CC 2017. The same ... What might be causing this problem on my PC?

I just did a clean install of AE CS6 and tried to launch BG Renderer without any plugins installed. Still the same problem ... Also I checked with AE CC 2017. The same ... What might be causing this problem on my PC?

again, the issue is not with BGR, something else is creating those commands
  • Just did a clean install on my machine and just started up BG Renderer again. Settings are Multi-Machine, PNG sequence. It yields the following error:
    aerender Error: After Effects error: Unable to call setMemoryUsageLimits because of parameter 2.

I got a permissions authorization via finder the first time I launched which approved it. 

I feel like I've seen this error around before and I'm sure that I've solved it in the past. Any ideas on here? Comp is very big (4x4k, but have used BG Renderer for the same size plenty of times before). Otherwise very simple. 

Also FYI "allow scripts to write files" is no longer under general, it is under the scripting tab. 
  • Also, wanted to chime in here re: John Gardner. I've never seen BG Renderer say it's complete when it isn't in-fact complete. I have however got blank or bad frames. BG Renderer has always had hiccups in rendering, but it's often a result of running multiple instances in console / terminal, and the computer missing out on which frame which instance is running. LLoyd- correct me if I'm wrong. This also used to happen in the good old days of rendering use AE Render and watch folders across multiple systems. The same issues happen with other 3rd party render scripts / plugins. The way to check this is to always sort your render folder by size before you go from your image sequence to your final output. The small sized files are the culprits. Delete them. Relaunch your stand-alone BG Render script and watch it find the missing frames and re-render them. DONEZO!
    Hi,

Thanks,
    John

• Cam Vokey said:
    Just did a clean install on my machine and just started up BG Renderer again. Settings are Multi-Machine, PNG sequence. It yields the following error:
    aerender Error: After Effects error: Unable to call setMemoryUsageLimits because of parameter 2.

I got a permissions authorization via finder the first time I launched which approved it. 

I feel like I've seen this error around before and I'm sure that I've solved it in the past. Any ideas on here? Comp is very big (4x4k, but have used BG Renderer for the same size plenty of times before). Otherwise very simple. 

Also FYI "allow scripts to write files" is no longer under general, it is under the scripting tab. 

You need to set the MaxMem between 1 and 100.
  • Right Lloyd, had that same issue before. Something about the newer builds of AE not liking that default of 120% right? Any plans to change that? All good now, thanks for the reminder. 

again, the issue is not with BGR, something else is creating those commands
    I noticed my cmd wasn't working at all. It turned off in a split of a second. I scanned my pc with Malwarebytes and it found multiple infections. After clearing it all BG Renderer works like new! Thanks for the help!
  • Hi, i've only one question, when you use a BGrender, are you continued to work on the same project, but if i close and i open another can i use the same this script? a couple of time i close the project and Bg rendere stopped to work. 
    Please let me know!! 
    Thanks so much your script its amazing! 
    Luca 

• Hi, i've only one question, when you use a BGrender, are you continued to work on the same project, but if i close and i open another can i use the same this script? a couple of time i close the project and Bg rendere stopped to work. 
    Please let me know!! 
    Thanks so much your script its amazing! 
    Luca 

Make sure you are not saving over the same project that BG Renderer is using to render.
  • ok i check this!  Thanks so much 
  • Hi Lloyd - I've reverted back to BG Render Pro until Max gets repaired - ran into a new issue today: "Illegal variable name" pops up in terminal. File name is simple as is the output name. Any ideas?

I see that BG Renderer Pro's project page now goes to Max. Are you no longer supporting Pro? Thanks. 
  • Cam Vokey said:
    Hi Lloyd - I've reverted back to BG Render Pro until Max gets repaired - ran into a new issue today: "Illegal variable name" pops up in terminal. File name is simple as is the output name. Any ideas?

I see that BG Renderer Pro's project page now goes to Max. Are you no longer supporting Pro? Thanks. 

Choose the 'Save BG Launcher' option. If that still gives and error please open a support ticket and send the launcher file and any relevant screenshots. You can choose BGR Max from the product list but indicate that you are using Pro and the ticket will be routed correctly.
  • Any fix for the "openvrpaths.vrpath"  issue with BR Renderer Pro ?
  • Any fix for the "openvrpaths.vrpath"  issue with BR Renderer Pro ?
    It is an aerender error so please contact Adobe for assistance
  • I was having the openvrpaths.vrpath error just now and logged on here to look for answers. I made a folder in the location, with a txt document named as the file (the extension changed to vrpath) and now it's running. Says it can't read the file but I'm rendering a png sequence right now and it's working for me.
  • I was having the openvrpaths.vrpath error just now and logged on here to look for answers. I made a folder in the location, with a txt document named as the file (the extension changed to vrpath) and now it's running. Says it can't read the file but I'm rendering a png sequence right now and it's working for me.

This version of BG Renderer has been discontinued. It has been replaced with BG Renderer MAX https://aescripts.com/bg-renderer
  • Hi Lloyd! 

I'm running Bg Renderer Max with After Effects 2020. 

When i close AE bg keeps rendreing but there is no bg window. Is this a bug or AE needs to be open all the time?

Thanks!
  • Hi Lloyd! 

I'm running Bg Renderer Max with After Effects 2020. 

When i close AE bg keeps rendreing but there is no bg window. Is this a bug or AE needs to be open all the time?

Thanks!

Open a support ticket for MAX to get assistance. This version of bg renderer has been discontinued: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hey Lloyd, how can I retreive my old BG Renderer license, now that it's no longer on Aescripts I cannot get the license number anymore.
  • Hey Lloyd, how can I retreive my old BG Renderer license, now that it's no longer on Aescripts I cannot get the license number anymore.

https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-can-i-retrieve-my-license-code-/
  • I'm running into an issue with the old BG Render script, where it ignores Quicktime & MXF Footage during rendering. Is This a known issue? The files render fine from the queue or Media Encoder.

(MacOS 10.13.6 AE 17.6)
  • After updating, the BG renderer window doesn't open.

Running AE 2020 on Mac OS X 11.2.2

Thanks in advance!

[edit: word]
  • After updating, the BG renderer window doesn't open.

Running AE 2020 on Mac OS X 11.2.2

Thanks in advance!

[edit: word]
    BG Renderer Pro has been discontinued for quite some time now. To use it in current versions of After Effects you need to upgrade to BG Renderer MAX: https://aescripts.com/bg-renderer/#upgrade-notice
  • Ah, sorry. Wrong comment section then. 

I'll crosspost it to the BG Max support since i'm running into the issue with BG Renderer MAX