• Would I be right in assuming that this wont have any further back compatibility added pre 2018? back to CS6? Just checking as I would really like this tool!

Thanks! 

• I just bought this. Where is the Delete icon please? I only have 5 icons there are 6 in the description.

Thanks.
  • It's possible to make support for KBar API?
  • Downloaded the trial. It seems that it could most likely work fine with CS6 from my testing. There appears to be a couple of bugs though I think. Menu buttons disappear on some when used and also if there are any hidden locked layers or just locked layers it can cause error messages to say script error and it generally points to the locked layers.
  • Downloaded the trial. It seems that it could most likely work fine with CS6 from my testing. There appears to be a couple of bugs though I think. Menu buttons disappear on some when used and also if there are any hidden locked layers or just locked layers it can cause error messages to say script error and it generally points to the locked layers.
    Thanks for "beta-ing" this in CS6, good to know!
  • Can't you just use keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + shift + } Also with the Essesntial graphics feature, it makes this plugin useless. You can edit motion graphic templates right in premiere. 
  • For a lot of scripts I dock them and as a group they are saved together as a workspace. Ripple Edit however it doesn't keep the horizontal layout on relaunch of After Effects which means each time I open AE, I need to option click to put it back to the horizontal layout. It would be nice if I didn't have to do that. Maybe that could be changed on a later update?
  • Would I be right in assuming that this wont have any further back compatibility added pre 2018? back to CS6? Just checking as I would really like this tool!

Thanks! 

Hi Chris, Matthew here from Plugin Everything.
    Unfortunately not, due to technical limitations we currently support back to CC 2014. However if there is enough requests for dating back earlier it's certianly something we can look into.
  • I just bought this. Where is the Delete icon please? I only have 5 icons there are 6 in the description.

Thanks.
    Hi Gregory Matthew here from Plugin Everything,
    As stated in the guide, while on trial mode the Delete button is hidden on the CEP Panel and greyed out in the ScriptUI panel. 
  • Ed None said:
    It's possible to make support for KBar API?
    Hi Ed Matthew here from Plugin Everything, 
    That's not something we've looked into, however it is a good idea. We'll definitely have a discussion about it. Thank you for your suggestion.
    Hi Chris,
    The locked layers is a bug present on later versions of After Effects, a new copy update will come out shortly to fix that. 
    While the functionality (mostly) works for CS6 and possibly earlier, there are several User Interface bugs and it has not been tested, so while you can certainly use it if you want to, we do not currently officially support it.
  • Can't you just use keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + shift + } Also with the Essesntial graphics feature, it makes this plugin useless. You can edit motion graphic templates right in premiere. 
    Hi Cuong Matthew here from Plugin Everything, 

You absolutely could use shortcuts such as [ or alt + ], however neither of these have the Ripple effect that Ripple Edit offers, moving large amounts of layers at once. 
    In regards to the Essential Graphics feature in premiere, there are still reason to use AE, VFX, editing short and quick comps, maybe you're more comfortable in AE or you don't have access to Premiere.
  • For a lot of scripts I dock them and as a group they are saved together as a workspace. Ripple Edit however it doesn't keep the horizontal layout on relaunch of After Effects which means each time I open AE, I need to option click to put it back to the horizontal layout. It would be nice if I didn't have to do that. Maybe that could be changed on a later update?
    Hi Frank, 

We are definitely looking into this right now, we've had a few suggestions for this and appreciate your feedback. Look to the next update for this feature. :)
    For a lot of scripts I dock them and as a group they are saved together as a workspace. Ripple Edit however it doesn't keep the horizontal layout on relaunch of After Effects which means each time I open AE, I need to option click to put it back to the horizontal layout. It would be nice if I didn't have to do that. Maybe that could be changed on a later update?

• Matthew Alexander said:

Hi Chris, Matthew here from Plugin Everything.

Unfortunately not, due to technical limitations we currently support back to CC 2014. However if there is enough requests for dating back earlier it's certianly something we can look into.
    It would be great to have it working if its possible to do so, it did seem very close to working fine.
    [Deleted User] said:
    Hi Chris,
    The locked layers is a bug present on later versions of After Effects, a new copy update will come out shortly to fix that. 
    While the functionality (mostly) works for CS6 and possibly earlier, there are several User Interface bugs and it has not been tested, so while you can certainly use it if you want to, we do not currently officially support it.
    That makes sense, yea it did mostly work, it was just the buttons disappearing I think in the UI, i'm fairly sure if the UI image issue was resolved that this would work and the locked layers bug seems overall to affect all AE versions so fingers crossed with the new update that should resolve that. If there is time to check out the image UI part it would be fantastic, as I have hundreds, sometimes thousands of layers and shifting them is a pain in the @ss. This is a feature I've always wanted in AE.
  • There's a new version out, but it says the demo has expired from the first version earlier this month. Is there any way to re-set the Demo test for this new version so I could test it to see if the changes have helped with CS6 working? Or a trial code to test it?

Thanks,
    Chris

• hi, just drop here.. please extend the discount.. :/
  • I just opened the trial version twice and both times crashed after effect. I work on Pc and now I'm reluctant on buying the full version. Can you comment on this? 
  • I just opened the trial version twice and both times crashed after effect. I work on Pc and now I'm reluctant on buying the full version. Can you comment on this? 
    Hi David,

I'm so sorry you're having this issue, so that we can solve it as fast as possible, could you please send a screenshot and/or a video of the events leading up to the crash. This will hopefully allow us to diagnose the problem and fix it straight away.

Kind regards,
    Matthew.
  • James Whiffin, lovely, but the insistent use of North American vowels and accent in your promotional material isn't necessary. Moreover, it does our culture a disservice.

Like me you are an Australian. If you make language concessions for American customers who are too lazy to comprehend English accents other than their own, then it is they who need to try, not you. Regards, Peter
  • One feature I would love to see is the ability to select all layers past the playhead.  So this way I could easily manually move the layers exactly where I want them.  What I'm doing right now, and the reason I purchased this plugin, is that I'm conforming an AE project to changes made in FCPX.  So basically I have a huge 7 minute AE project with almsot 100 layers in the main comp, and tons of precomps inside that.  It's all one render because it moves seamlessly.  But now we've decided to expand it and pace it out.  So I made those changes in FCPX so we could play around with the timing.  Adding space meant just cutting and inserting black holes in the timeline.  Then I export that out of FCPX and bring it in as a layer in AE, and then conform the AE comp to match the timing.  And then I can extend shots or individual timing of shots/scenes to make it all seamless again.

So after a day of pulling out my non-existent hair I decided to look for a plugin.  Yours will help but doesn't work 100% for me without a work around.  Because I want to move clips over without changing the in points of any of the clips.  So In or Out doesn't work as is.  Ripple doesn't because we're expanding the timeline, not reducing it.

The work around is simple.  I add a null layer.  Then I use in point on the null layer to move all the other layers.

So my ask is that you have a way of moving layers WITHOUT changing the start point of the initial layer I'm moving.  Say you want to open up a hole to add a new scene.

The other thing that I'm still having to do manually is moving keyframes over on master layers.  SO I have a null layer that is for sliding everthing around.  That layer is the parent to the other layers it's moving.  So if I need to insert a blank space in my comp, I can use your plugin to do that.  However the keyframes in the parent layer don't move.  And I can't just divide that parent layer because parenting won't split there also.  Everything will stay parented to the inital layer that I split.  SO this part I'm having to do manually.  To keep things organized I'm adding markers on layers where the keyframes are in the parent.  This way after the move is done I can go back and manually move the keyframes where they go.

It's not perfect but its a start and its easier than it was before I got your plugin.  So thanks for writing this!

And to any mention of your accent, promo video or whatever.. My only issue with your promo video is that it appeared at first to be a joke.  So when I found the promo I thought "oh this isn't a real product, this is a parody video - but I wish it was a real plugin" - then did more searching to find that it was actually real.  So I like the funny video.  It is very well made.  But my first thought was "bummer I wish this was real".
  • The work around is simple.  I add a null layer.  Then I use in point on the null layer to move all the other layers.
    This worked great!  I locked and hid the layers that I had already moved and those I didn't want to move.  Created that null layer and made it start just before the first clip I need to move.  Then use the ALT ->| to move all the clips along.  After I'm done delete the null layer.

Thanks! 

Hey Chris, 
    Ripple Edit should have compatibility back to and including cs6?
  • Ripple edit sucks ...

Icons don’t match the performed actions

Waste of energy and time and cash.

Just buy for your self and witness .

- coming from a customer
  • [Deleted User] said:
    Ripple edit sucks ... Icons don’t match the performed actions Waste of energy and time and cash. Just buy for your self and witness . - coming from a customer
    Hi Nile

Sorry Ripple Edit isn't performing as expected. Can you please email me at [email protected]?
  • Completely lame product. Waste of $25. Ripple edit by definition should move in/out point and/or related keyframes. I would like a refund or at least a credit towards a product that is useful.
  • Bump. Plugin Everything has some great products. This product, meanwhile, is a travesty...which has no use, other than to take funds from my pocket to the developer. Cancel that!  I want a refund.
  • Bump. Plugin Everything has some great products. This product, meanwhile, is a travesty...which has no use, other than to take funds from my pocket to the developer. Cancel that!  I want a refund.
    Hi Craig

Please submit a support ticket and we will assign it to the aescripts admin for a refund. I've contacted Matt (developer) to get a response to your comment regarding the in/out points and keyframes.
  • Heavily Afect performance in AE 2020
  • Will there be an update to AE 2021? New to AE. Hopping over from Filmora. A Ripple function would be game-changing at this point. Purchased the plug-in before realizing that it hasn't been updated since 2019.
  • I love Ripple Edit, very useful for my purposes!  One thing I just noticed is that the buttons no longer stack vertically when I resize the window down, is this an After Effects problem?  Thanks again
  • Heavily Afect performance in AE 2020
    Hey Mauricio, Matthew here the creator of Ripple Edit.  
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues, would you be able to elaborate on what is causing the performance issues so that I can hopefully fix them for you please? Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate any performance issues in my testing.
  • Will there be an update to AE 2021? New to AE. Hopping over from Filmora. A Ripple function would be game-changing at this point. Purchased the plug-in before realizing that it hasn't been updated since 2019.
    Hey Rebel, Matthew here the creator of Ripple Edit.
    Ripple Edit hasn't been updated as so far we haven't recieved bug reports and have had no reason to update (though feature additions might be in the future, no promises).
    I have tested Ripple Edit in AE 2021, and AE 2021 beta and have found it to be stable and working quite well. 
    However if you are having issues please let me know as soon as convenient so I can make the changes needed to get it working the best way it can for you.
  • I love Ripple Edit, very useful for my purposes!  One thing I just noticed is that the buttons no longer stack vertically when I resize the window down, is this an After Effects problem?  Thanks again
    Hi Darren, Matthew here the creator of Ripple Edit.
    The current functionality of the window is to, by default, stack the buttons vertically. In order to change this you hold alt and double click on the Ripple Edit toolbar, the orientation you've set should save between AE sessions, if it does not please let me know.
  • You insulting the narrator's mother just made my day. Excellent promo video 
    Hi Darren, Matthew here the creator of Ripple Edit.
    The current functionality of the window is to, by default, stack the buttons vertically. In order to change this you hold alt and double click on the Ripple Edit toolbar, the orientation you've set should save between AE sessions, if it does not please let me know.
    Thank you Matthew, that worked...appreciate your time!
  • hi, does the "ctrl/cmd - "Shift but doesnt adjust other layers" still work? because i try to use ctrl but it doesnt have any different?
  • hi, does the "ctrl/cmd - "Shift but doesnt adjust other layers" still work? because i try to use ctrl but it doesnt have any different?
    Hi Christopher, thanks for letting me know this, I just tested it and you're right it's not working, I have no idea how this got through testing (or what's causing this) but i'll get a patch out asap.

hi, does the "ctrl/cmd - "Shift but doesnt adjust other layers" still work? because i try to use ctrl but it doesnt have any different?
    Hi Christopher, thanks for letting me know this, I just tested it and you're right it's not working, I have no idea how this got through testing (or what's causing this) but i'll get a patch out asap.

Hey Christopher, I've just released Ripple Edit 1.1.4 which will fix this issue, thanks again for letting me know and if you come across any more issues don't hesitate to ping me. :)
  • So far I have found that the close the gap to the right tool (alt+close the gap) is the most useful tool to me but it is probelmatic that I can only have one layer selected to perform this function.  I typically am closing the gap after stacks of layers... it should close the gap after multi selections too where the gap closes to the closest in time layer.

It would also be great if this tool bar could be key mapped and if it could be horizontal.
  • So far I have found that the close the gap to the right tool (alt+close the gap) is the most useful tool to me but it is probelmatic that I can only have one layer selected to perform this function.  I typically am closing the gap after stacks of layers... it should close the gap after multi selections too where the gap closes to the closest in time layer.

It would also be great if this tool bar could be key mapped and if it could be horizontal.
    Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the suggestion, I am incredibly busy as of late but I'll keep it in mind for a future update. In regards to the layout, if you hold alt and double click on the toolbar (not the buttons) the orientation of the buttons will swap between horizontal and vertical. I hope that helps!

Kind regards, 
    Matthew.
  • This is so sad that this product has been discontinued.