• Before buying this, can someone tell how the performance is? On the first release, it was really slow when using expressions.
  • Hi, author of KBar here. I didn't know expressions had a performance problem. Can you open a support ticket with me so I can better understand the problem? Thanks!
  • I bought recently version 1, but I didn't know there will be an update, which I have to buy separately as a new plugin. 
  • Hi!
    I am a very happy user of KBar v1, with one thing that annoys me a little bit is that the toolbar resizes from time to time.
    When I import footage of any kind, the layout changes and the bar gets scaled in height.
    Is v2 fixing that?

Other than that this plugin is excellent!
  • Hello! Congrats with the new version!
    I've purchased V1 about a month ago, is there any chance to have some upgrade discount?
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Hi, author of KBar here. I didn't know expressions had a performance problem. Can you open a support ticket with me so I can better understand the problem? Thanks!
    Actually, I reported it and you said you were working on that for the next release. Please go check the ticket # 1038272 :)

Thanks Rafi!
  • Rafi Khan said:
    Hi, author of KBar here. I didn't know expressions had a performance problem. Can you open a support ticket with me so I can better understand the problem? Thanks!
    Actually, I reported it and you said you were working on that for the next release. Please go check the ticket # 1038272 :)

Thanks Rafi!
    Hi Saul,Thanks for the reminder. please use the trial version and let me know if it's working as you expect.

-Rafi
  • Hi!
    I am a very happy user of KBar v1, with one thing that annoys me a little bit is that the toolbar resizes from time to time.
    When I import footage of any kind, the layout changes and the bar gets scaled in height.
    Is v2 fixing that?

Other than that this plugin is excellent!
    Sadly this is a bug in AE that I can't work around :(
  • I bought and can not install, an error occurs: "The exctention cannot be installed at the moment. Please install a compatible CC application and try again". I have installed AE 2019, the installation path is standard.
  • When i click in Exensions>Kbar the pop window appears black, what i am doing wrong?

• When i click in Exensions>Kbar the pop window appears black, what i am doing wrong?

Lamek, please open a support ticket and include a screenshot or recording of what's happening so I can diagnose the issue.
  • Love KBar - am currently working out best uses, and the multiple toolbars etc. I'm making some icons but havig trouble with one aspect - I seem to be unable to find Tao in the list. It's installed fine and I can apply it manually but when I search in the dropdown list 5 other effects appear instead. Hooe you can help!

Cheers!
    Dave
  • Hello, it seems v2.0.1 install v2.0.0

• I'm using the trail version to see if it works for me. Does the trail version only support one kbar because as soon as I open another one and try to add entries to the list, all other kbars change as well so all 4 show the same entries
  • I'm using the trail version to see if it works for me. Does the trail version only support one kbar because as soon as I open another one and try to add entries to the list, all other kbars change as well so all 4 show the same entries
    You need to create multiple toolbars in the config screen then right click each panel and set it to a different one.
  • Rafi Khan said:
    I'm using the trail version to see if it works for me. Does the trail version only support one kbar because as soon as I open another one and try to add entries to the list, all other kbars change as well so all 4 show the same entries
    You need to create multiple toolbars in the config screen then right click each panel and set it to a different one.
    Sorry but I'm still not able to get it work. Can you maybe post a screenshot ot shot video. What config screen do you mean?
    Thanks for your help
  • There's an issue with 2.0.1
    It still says it's 2.0.0 in both the ZXP Installer as in the About window.

I even removed the 2.0.0. from ZXP and dragged the (today 20 feb) downloaded zip file which is named kbar-2.0.1.

I even removed the 2.0.0. from ZXP and dragged the (today 20 feb) downloaded zip file which is named kbar-2.0.1.

Same for me... also when I start AE it says that there is a new version of kbar available but that's the same version that only installs 2.0.0
  • I still wasn't able to get multiple K-Bars to work :-(
    Is there a tutorial written or video for that?
    Thanks

Same for me... also when I start AE it says that there is a new version of kbar available but that's the same version that only installs 2.0.0
    Same problem .
    Thanks
    You open another instance of kbar under Window/Extensions and then on the panel options (3 vertical lines) you can switch which toolbar it should display. They are listed on the bottom of the dropdown menu. You also need to create another one in the kbar settings first.
    Thanks
    You open another instance of kbar under Window/Extensions and then on the panel options (3 vertical lines) you can switch which toolbar it should display. They are listed on the bottom of the dropdown menu. You also need to create another one in the kbar settings first.
    Thanks now I got it :-)

Same here! I've tried everything. Thanks

Same here! I've tried everything. Thanks
    I fixed this in 2.0.2. Sorry for the annoyance.
  • It's been over two weeks since your sale ended, so you might want to remove all the references to it. ;)
  • Hi .. I could not find this topic here, or maybe I missed it. 

We installed KBAR 2 on AE 15.1.2. But everytime we try to add a button > Apply Effect .. an Error message appears.image

Hope there is fix for it, please let us know .. Many thanks for your support in advance .. Cheers
  • Im using the trial version. And its lovely and justa AMAZING! thank you! Ill buy it for sure!
  • does anybody know how i can define a relative path (instead of absolute) for my kbar scripts? i launch scripts with kbar that i share between my home and work computer which are saved to my dropbox and i'd love to easily synchronize the two. any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks
  • Can you install someone additional KBARs to our existing ones. For instance if a friend gave me his backed up KBAR settings can I load them into my KBAR settings without it overwriting my own existing KBARs?
  • Can you install someone additional KBARs to our existing ones. For instance if a friend gave me his backed up KBAR settings can I load them into my KBAR settings without it overwriting my own existing KBARs?
    Yes please! This would be super helpful. 
  • Would really love to have unlimited K-bars, rather than the restricted amount of 4-windows. Also would love to have the ability to name those bars so that we can separate them by subjects (ie. animation, rendering, workflow, etc.).
  • FYI: This currently doesn't work with some versions of CC 2017 (anything below 14.2)
  • Will you develop an Illustrator version of Kbar?
  • ZXP Installer shows version 2.0.0 instead of 2.0.2
  • Hello,
    I'm having a bug with the latest version of Kbar.
    I have 2 bars on my layout and when I'm trying to close one, this causes AE to crash.
    Similarly, when I'm trying to open a project saved on another machine (with no kbar installed), it closes AE.
    I've uninstalled Kbar and the bug disappeared.
  • I apologize if this is a silly question... but is there a way to open up scripts in such a way that they can still be dockable? Are there parameters I can pass to it so it opens dockable or is that only possible by opening a script via the window dropdown?

Great script! Just wish the option to open scripts as dockable was also possible.

Thanks!
  • Hi there! Now that we have support for multiple bars, I'd love to be able to rename them so I can keep them collapsed to save screen space. Also seconding the request to be able to share configurations. It would be awesome for everyone on my team to have access to the same toolset for consistency.
  • Love the organization but it runs extremely slow in on my setup and then causes AE to <not respond>. Heavy projects seem to break it? Thoughts?
  • Hello it's me again. I'm not trying to be disparaging but the script is basically unusable for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with how I'm creating my Kbars. I'm working on a fairly typical motion graphics piece; nothing fancy. Not sure what's going on but would like a refund if this doesnt get sorted out. 
  • Is it possible to rename the panel name to something other than "Kbar 1"?

• Is it possible to rename the panel name to something other than "Kbar 1"?

Sadly no. This is a restriction of After Effects and what it allows me to do.
  • Is it possible to turn kbar buttons into keyboard shortcuts?
  • Hi I'm using Win 10. trying to install Kbar 2.0.2.zxp in ZXP installer and I get a message saying:
    "data error (9645): <br>Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'classList' of null."

what can I do?
  • Hey I can't seem to be able to get kbar to work on the latest version of AE. It install and displays fine, but I can't add, delete or move any of the buttons within the settings. When I hit delete it'll refresh the UI and the button re-appears.
    Have you come across this problem before?
  • Hey guys. Any chance of implementing oblong text buttons that hold more than 8 characters??  Would be great if these oblong text buttons wrapped either vertically or horizontally as you resized the tab. It's only right.
  • Hey I can't seem to be able to get kbar to work on the latest version of AE. It install and displays fine, but I can't add, delete or move any of the buttons within the settings. When I hit delete it'll refresh the UI and the button re-appears.
    Have you come across this problem before?
    I'm having the same problem on Ae 2020.
  • KBar Integration API

If you're an author and want your scripts to be more powerful, Integration guide for script/extension authors .  <-- Is this link is dead?
  • Hi, I wanted to know if there is a way to create macro actions in KBar.
    Things like a button that creates a solid and then applying an effect of it (like Element 3D for example) in one click.
  • hi there @Rafi Khan, I'm on 2017 AE 14.0 and tried to install 2.0.2 zxp file but it states "no compabile applications found on your system" ---> ignored an clicked "install"

leads to:
    The extension cannot be installed at the moment.
    Please install a compatible application and try again

any idea why this keeps happening?

edit: I come from a working kbar_1.1.2

cheers,

• My Kbar is not working properly on After 2020. I can't delete or moove any icon on the panels.