• How does this compare to just applying the "Refine Soft Matte" effect? Or is it essentially doing that behind the scenes?
  • Hi mamoworld 
    Refine Soft Matte has nothing to do with After Keying
  • Assume this works with other keyers?
  • Hi mamoworld 
    Refine Soft Matte has nothing to do with After Keying
    Interesting! Thanks a lot for the quick reply :-)
  • Hmmmm...

I installed it, but the UI panel does not read correctly in AE. I can only see a small part of the menu.

I have tried it in both AE 15.1.2 and AE 16.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • Hi Benny
    Can you please run After Keying from file run, run script file...
    I will check it and fix.
    Make sure allow scripts writes files and access network is checked.

Best regards
  • Benny Christensen
    Hmmmm...

I installed it, but the UI panel does not read correctly in AE. I can only see a small part of the menu.

I have tried it in both AE 15.1.2 and AE 16.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

fixed UI error
    Please download the latest version of After Keying.
  • Whenever I try to run this I get the following list of errors:

• Hi Greg

Errors occurred because you probably renamed your composition or Pre-comp layers in a new composition.
    Follow the video tutorial starting at 7:50  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lx1VAgeHmQ&t=555s
  • Nataworkstudio, why is After Keying faulty? I too am finding the complete UI of After Keying does not appear in After Effects V15.12 (2018). Please ally my concern that I have wasted $92 AUD on your product.

Peter Solomon
    Melbourne
    Australia
  • Hi Peter

Please open support ticket and don't forget to take some screenshots.

Best Regards
    Nataworkstudio
  • There's a problem with trial version. After Effects down after script starts.
  • Windows 10 . After Effects 16.0.1
    Previous trial version of AfterKeing was 1.0
    Is there any register or license file i have to delete on my machine before installing new one?
  • Hi Pavel Donatov.
    No, don't need to delete anything, just install a new one

• Hello I buy after keying, and I do not find it in after effect. Can you help me please

• Hi Dominique

It's very simple, just copy the After Keying.jsxbin to -
    (Windows)   Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects <version>\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels
    (Mac OS)    Applications/Adobe After Effects <version>/Scripts/Script UI Panels

Open or restart After Effects, at the top menu  go Window/After Keying.jsxbin
    Let me know if something goes wrong.
  • Great script. Very powerful.

Curious: What is the best way to integrate into more complex keys? Often precomping and animating of the keyed layer is needed on complex shots... wondering how best to integrate into this type of scenario? I realize the BG layer needs to stay with the FG layer, so it is complicated to do.

Cheers
  • Hi Dominique

(Windows)   Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects <version>\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels

great thanks a lotTaron Poghosyan said:
    Hi Dominique

Hi Dominique

Hi Dominique

Hi Dominique

• great thanks a lot
  • Hi Matthew

You cannot Pre-compose, otherwise the After Keying may not work correctly.
    You can do this after using "After Keing".
  • Hello, I'm using After Effects 16.1.1 (Build 4) and this script doesn't work. 

The message 'TypeError: null is not an object' 
    appears, and when I click OK, the message 
    'Unable to execute script at line 2180. undefined is not an object' 

will appear and an empty panel of "After Key" will appear.

Just in case. I installed it on the previous version of after effects CC 2018. So it works normally. 
    I wonder if the new version After Effects doesn't work yet.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    (Sorry, English )
  • Nataworkstudio, I have owned "After Keying" for some months, & still find it anything but straight-forward. Moreover, it would appear After Keying only works when the keyed layer is rendered WITH a selected background layer. Am I correct in thinking your script doesn't permit individual rendering of a keyed layer, once your script & a mask has been applied?

The only reason I ask this question is, if After Keying doesn’t allow a keyed layer & its alpha channel to be rendered without a background, then it would seem a pointless product for artists wishing to render a keyed clip, & apply further filters to before the final render.
    Regards, Peter S.
  • Same question as Peter- is there any way to use this without a BG to create clean alpha mattes with the same fine detailed results. The results look amazing but most of my compositing workflow relies on being able to preconpose a clean matte and further animate and manipulate it from there separate from the back ground. Having to marry it to a BG seems unintuitive...
  • Nataworkstudio, It has been almost a month and you have not replied to my question as to whether your script does or doesn't permit individual rendering of a keyed layer, once "After Keying" script & AE mask have been applied.

Your tardiness in replying is unprofessional and poor social etiquette. Moreover, Michael Taylor (below) has asked the very same question. Please answer Michael's and my question.

Regards, Peter S.

• Hi guys

Sorry to keep you waiting. No, it's impossible to get a clean alpha channel. If it were possible, I would show in the video tutorials.  After keying is not a keyer and does not work with the alpha channel. It is designed to restore lost details. "After keying" uses the luminance map. It mixes luminance map of the footage with the luminance map of the background.  So you can’t do without a background.

Best Regards
    NataWorkStudio
  • Dear Mr Poghosyan,
    Your answer comes too late, given I purchased Nataworkstudio’s “After Keying” many months ago. Moreover, omitting to mention in your publicity that a process is not possible using your product, when the product is closely associated with the general aim of digital video keying, may not be deception, but it does suggest marketing opportunism.

It should go without saying that for digital artists seeking to finesse keyed video in After Effects, it is crucial to work in the most flexible of ways. This is to say unless an artist is assembling what North Americans like to call “quick and dirty” shots, the alpha channel needs to be preserved in the process of preparation. As your product doesn’t permit this, it is extremely limited.

My experience of being wooed by your publicity is a salutary reminder that the moment a new product appears on aescripts + aeplugins, and is promoted on YouTube, a chorus of vapid, non-critical viewers sings it praise. No doubt this bodes well for vendor sales. However, it is a distraction from any sober, useful conversation that should develop around the pros and cons of any product sold on this site.

Indeed, increasingly when purchasing products from this site I have the sense that a number of these products would benefit from being sold outright to high-end, established vendors (such as RE:Vision FX, Red Giant, Boris FX). In this way, such companies would invest the time and capital to streamline often fussy, non-intuitive UIs’, before releasing the product to a novelty-hungry post production film-making community.
  • Moi, mon problème je n'arrive pas à télécharger sur, le pire j'ai déjà acheté la licence, on m'a envoyé le lien pour le téléchargement. 

qui peux m'aider SVP? si quelqu'un peut m'envoyer une vidéo explicative cela pourrait m'aider énormément! je vous prie de m'aider. 

mon mail. [email protected]  

pour toutes les explications 
  • HI :
    I have a question
    YOUTUBE " After Keying for After Effects Tutorial 2"  :  What is it on the leftmost toolbar of the screen?

thank you.

• The atmosphere feature in itself is really interesting. Would it be cool if it were a stand alone product with some additional features and you could get it with AfterKeying, increasing it's value if you need both features. Having atmosphere as a stand alone product might be interesting if the price would be right.
  • Hi LiangChan Tai

This is my own toolbar

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hi Miika Turunen

Yes, you are right, I thought about it too. But we are very busy working on other projects. In the future, maybe I will do so.
    Thanks

Cheers,
    Taron
    nataworkstudio
  • Hi I was wondering how this would work with large workflows? I have about 100 clips that I need to key but the same settings will work for all of them... What is the best way to copy and paste the effect so updates with each BG and Clip?

Thank you!