• imageFX Gradient

The most user-friendly way to create advanced gradient ramps in After Effects! Easily create and edit linear, radial, angular and reflected ramps with the click of a button, and colorize them with one of the 30 trendy and useful color presets. Even add some special FX options like tiling, grain and turbulence !

https://aescripts.com/fx-gradient/

• Hey! Love this script. How do I get in touch with the maker of this? Thanks
  • Hey! Love this script. How do I get in touch with the maker of this? Thanks
    Glad you like it :)
    What did you want to tell me ?

• Hi Fremox, I purchased and installed your FX Gradient yesterday. I found that it is useful, but would like to suggest some modifications. I believe I'd find this easier to use if it was a plugin, not a script; the multi UI panels are a little messy to use in After Effects. An option to control softness of "Art Grain" would be welcome. Do you say in your introduction on these pages that FX Grain is 8bit? 16 bit and 32 would be welcome. Regards, Peter Solomon
  • @Peter Solomon :

Thanks for the kind words.
    Unfortunately, I can't develop plugins instead of scripts because it is a whole different language that I don't know at all.
    I will therefore take your other suggestions in consideration (i will add an option for the "Arty Grain" to soften it in some future versions, and I will add the "8 bits only" info on the product's page).
  • hello i'm installing the jsx in script ui panel but that s say me there is a issue with the "couldnt find the fx gradient asset" where does it go? what is the process? thank you
  • hello i'm installing the jsx in script ui panel but that s say me there is a issue with the "couldnt find the fx gradient asset" where does it go? what is the process? thank you
    The whole FXgradientAssets folder has to be placed exactly at the same hierarchy level as the jsx file. See the attached screenshot to ensure that you have the same folder structure.

CaptureFXgradient.PNG
    743 x 566 - 42K
  • Help, My after effects couldn't detect the presets.
  • pixx fixx said:
    Help, My after effects couldn't detect the presets.
    Please open a support ticket instead (click the orange link below) so that we can discuss how to figure it out,
    Matthieu
  • Feature request: make a gradient tool that graduates from the outer rim of any shape gradually toward the center of the shape, keeping in line with the shape of the object. Like radial but keeping the same shape of the object instead of a circle. So if you had a peanut shape and applied this gradient, it would start on the rim of the shape as black and gradually go toward the center to white
  • Feature request: make a gradient tool that graduates from the outer rim of any shape gradually toward the center of the shape, keeping in line with the shape of the object. Like radial but keeping the same shape of the object instead of a circle. So if you had a peanut shape and applied this gradient, it would start on the rim of the shape as black and gradually go toward the center to white
    Unfortunately it will never be possible with the actual methods used to create this toolset.
    But a real plugin (not a script like mine) would be able to do it I think (but I'm not a plugin developper, just a javascript writer).

However, I can think of a really easy way to mimic what you want : just use layer styles !
    Indeed, if you add a "color overlay" + an "inner glow", you'll be able to have that nice smooth transition between the rim color (the color of your inner glow) and the center of the shape (the color use in your "color overlay").
    Use the "normal" fusion mode for both styles and you'll obtain what you want, and you can even add some grain by choosing the "dissolve" mode (for the "inner glow" only).
  • Hello, 

Nice plugin but I don't know why I cannot apply preset with Colorama effects. It turn out totally black, however i didn't apply any normal preset (2 colors gradient before), also some preset such as Fresh Apple, Ultra Violet, Mango, Tequilla Sunrise, Dark Emerald didn't work even when i click apply. Please give me some instruction. Thank you so much
  • Hans Shin said:
    Hello, 

Nice plugin but I don't know why I cannot apply preset with Colorama effects. It turn out totally black, however i didn't apply any normal preset (2 colors gradient before), also some preset such as Fresh Apple, Ultra Violet, Mango, Tequilla Sunrise, Dark Emerald didn't work even when i click apply. Please give me some instruction. Thank you so much
    Hello,
    Could you please open a support ticket instead by clicking the orange link below ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Matthieu
  • Just purchased and installed, finding this quite useful. Is if posible to save my own preset and have it aprear in the FXgradient list?
    I can work around this by just saving it in my presets folder but it would be nice to have it in the drop down list with the icon along with the others. 
    Many thanks Dan 
  • BGTV TV said:
    Just purchased and installed, finding this quite useful. Is if posible to save my own preset and have it aprear in the FXgradient list?
    I can work around this by just saving it in my presets folder but it would be nice to have it in the drop down list with the icon along with the others. 
    Many thanks Dan 
    Thanks for your feedback !
    Unfortunately no, you can't save your own preset, because all the colored icons in the dropdown list have to be exported manually, named in a specific way and optimized ; a lot of things happen directly through scripting just with this images' names so it would break all the product !
    Maybe in a V2 for the future how knows ?

• Hello,

Would you please add support for 2023 products? Thank you.
  • Hello,

Actually... it IS already supported !
    I just forgot to update the product's compatibility section :)
  • Thank you
    Hello,

Actually... it IS already supported !
    I just forgot to update the product's compatibility section :)

• Looks really cool, but the download didn't work for me. All the drop down fields were blank and the gradient targets didn't work. I don't believe it's compatible with Mac (Monterey) AE 2023 yet. Please update.
  • Looks really cool, but the download didn't work for me. All the drop down fields were blank and the gradient targets didn't work. I don't believe it's compatible with Mac (Monterey) AE 2023 yet. Please update.
    Could you please open a support ticket for this?
    I would be glad to help