• Hi Lasse,

it seems there is an issue with the trial mode. Although Licence and install operation while starting C4D (R18) seems to work - the Plugin doesnt show up. Also no debug Log got generated...
    I already got the "old" standard AEC4D installed - ist that an issue?

• Hi Carsten,

thanks for trying out AEC4D-PRO.
    No there shouldn't be any issues, they can be installed side-by-side.

After you entered your license-code or used "trial", you simply have to restart C4D..!

• After you entered your license-code or used "trial", you simply have to restart C4D..!
    Thats exactly what I did ;(
  • Okay, I will look into this..! Thanks for the heads-up...!
  • What are the limits of the trial? For one, it seems to only create a 15 frame AE comp.
  • https://aec4d.gitbook.io/docs/aec4d-pro/faqs#what-are-the-limitations-of-the-trial-version

- Export max. 15 Frames
    - Bake Mograph disabled
    - Export Current Frame disabled
    - Importing of Stills and Multipasses is disabled
  • I wish it had said somewhere you had to restart C4D after licensing. I wasted half an hour trying to figure out why it would only export 15 frames.
  • I wish it had said somewhere you had to restart C4D after licensing. I wasted half an hour trying to figure out why it would only export 15 frames.
    Sorry for your troubles, but thanks for your feedback, John.
    I'll guarantee that AEC4D-PRO will save you another half an hour from now on...
    :)

I've now also added a hint in the Installation Guide:
    https://aec4d.gitbook.io/docs/how-to-install
  • I've now also added a hint in the Installation Guide:
    Thanks for adding that, I think it's helpful.

And yes, I'm sure it will save me a lot of time in the future. Using it on a current project & I'm really loving the ease of use so far. Thanks!
  • Hey Lasse,

I like the new version a lot, but unfortunately there is an issue with the camera offset.
    The layers doesn't match when there is an offset in the C4D camera.
    Could you look into it? If you need sample files, I might have one ;-)

Thanks, 
    Andreas 
  • Hi Andreas, please open a support ticket and I‘ll definitely look into it...! Thanks, Lasse
  • Hi Lasse,

Thanx for that seems to be a really nice update !
    Q > since 6 month now, my daily workflow is split between a big WPC for C4D and my old Mac for AE. AEC4D is still on the Mac right now but can I instal & use it with the same license on both of them in a simple way and without any issue ? ...or do I have to upgrade to the Floating Serveur License for easy swith active license depend on machine I'm working on?

Many Thanx,
    Matthews

• Hi Matthieu, feel free to download the trial first and test it on your current setup. Thanks, Lasse
  • Right. Will try with my actual AEC4D license first.
  • zhou car said:
    I upgraded from AEC4d to AeC4d Pro. I am using this problem now. The data exported from c4d to AE has not been successful.
    C4D R20, AE cc 2018, win10 Pro

• Hi zhou car,

sorry for the problem! This is probably due to using non-latin characters... Can you please open a support ticket and send me your files you're having problems with?

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Hi zhou car,

sorry for the problem! This is probably due to using non-latin characters... Can you please open a support ticket and send me your files you're having problems with?

Thanks,
    Lasse
    The problematic file has been uploaded via the Ticket, which contains the C4d file and the AE file. I am looking forward to your good news.
    Thx

• Hi zhou,
    sorry I couldn't recreate your problem with chinese characters!
    They work as they should.. even in Text-Layers!

Regarding your second problem:
    You need to set the orientation of the planes to "-Z" to have the correct rotation inside AE.
    Sorry, this is a limitation for After Effects rotation system...

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Hey man! This latest update did fix the issue with the script error in AE. Thanks for that! 

However, now it seems that only 15 frames of animation will export out of C4D to AE not matter what the timeline and settings are set to. 

Thanks for the plugin and the updates!

• Make sure you've activated your license. This is the Trial-Limitation you're talking about...
    If you're still having troubles, just "Deactivate License" and "Install License" in the "License Settings" and restart C4D.

Hope it helps.
    Cheers,
    Lasse
    Hey man! This latest update did fix the issue with the script error in AE. Thanks for that! 

However, now it seems that only 15 frames of animation will export out of C4D to AE not matter what the timeline and settings are set to. 

• Make sure you've activated your license. This is the Trial-Limitation you're talking about...
    If you're still having troubles, just "Deactivate License" and "Install License" in the "License Settings" and restart C4D.

Hope it helps.
    Cheers,
    Lasse
    Hey man! This latest update did fix the issue with the script error in AE. Thanks for that! 

Perfect! That fixed it! Thanks so much Lasse! You're plugin has made my life easier countless times. Worth every dollar!
  • why are the nulls brought in with a materials? I cant view the nulls in my viewport
  • why are the nulls brought in with a materials? I cant view the nulls in my viewport
    Hi Ryan, not really sure what you mean by "with a materials", but I think your problem was fixed in the latest update. Make sure to upgrade to v1.02!

If you continue having problems, please open a Support Ticket and I'm happy to assist you any further...
  • Hi, when sending to AE (ae has no comp is just open) it only sends 0-15 frames, while my c4d timeline is 0-100 + solid is not visible inside AE...
    Is this a bug? ty

edit: even if i make a new comp at same frame range it keeps sending only 15 frames... C4D R20.059 and AE 2019.

see issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnqdc60u8fqn5dm/AE C4D PRO ISSUE.webm?dl=0

Plus plane comes in wrong orientation.. Lots of issues, for a single button solution :(
  • Hi, when sending to AE (ae has no comp is just open) it only sends 0-15 frames, while my c4d timeline is 0-100. Is this a bug? ty

edit: even if i make a new comp at same frame range it keeps sending only 15 frames... C4D R20.059 and AE 2019.

see issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnqdc60u8fqn5dm/AE C4D PRO ISSUE.webm?dl=0

Plus plane comes in wrong orientation.
    Hi Thanos,

make sure you've activated your license. This is the Trial-Limitation you're talking about...

And you need to set the orientation of the planes to "-Z" to have the correct rotation inside AE.
    Sorry, this is a limitation for After Effects rotation system...

Hope it helps.
    Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Good to know thanks. If i press export layers and AE is not open, it opens and insta closes. Is this a bug?
    Also check the below video. When i export solid its invisible. What am i missing?

see clip below: https://www.dropbox.com/s/195whbke37606ga/AE C4D PRO invisble solid.webm?dl=0
  • Good to know thanks. If i press export layers and AE is not open, it opens and insta closes. Is this a bug?
    Also check the below video. When i export solid its invisible. What am i missing?

see clip below: https://www.dropbox.com/s/195whbke37606ga/AE C4D PRO invisble solid.webm?dl=0
    Hi Thanos, Nulls are invisible in After Effects. This is their default behavior and not something that has to do with AEC4D-PRO. If you want to see your Plane and make use of their Colors, I recommend to use the Shape-Layer Export.

The closing "bug" happens with newer AE-Versions and is something on Adobe's end, that I can't control, just make sure to use the AE-Button to open After Effects before exporting...

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • I see. I didnt check if its a null.

I requested though a long time ago the following behavior which u said u ll add in PRO version:
    I need a solid precomposed when i send a plane in order to replace phone screens for example.

I know i can do it manually by adding a new solid in same place, precompose it, change sizes etc etc, but i remember u had one version in the past that did this exact same behavior very nicely and u removed it. Shape layers are not of any use to me, again i ve sent a video showcasing the issue with shape layers. See again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/861zsdvme91nikx/aec4d shape layer precomp.webm?dl=0

So, will u add this feature eventually? thanks
  • I see. I didnt check if its a null.

I requested though a long time ago the following behavior which u said u ll add in PRO version:
    I need a solid precomposed when i send a plane in order to replace phone screens for example.

I know i can do it manually by adding a new solid in same place, precompose it, change sizes etc etc, but i remember u had one version in the past that did this exact same behavior very nicely and u removed it. Shape layers are not of any use to me, again i ve sent a video showcasing the issue with shape layers. See again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/861zsdvme91nikx/aec4d shape layer precomp.webm?dl=0

So, will u add this feature eventually? thanks
    Hi Thanos,

it's already working, since version 1.00!
    But please, make sure you upgrade to that latest version: v1.02

Just simply Alt-Drag your Composition or Footage onto your Null-Layer to replace.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Thanks, so u mean : I send a NULL from ur plugin and do the rest manually?
  • Thanks, so u mean : I send a NULL from ur plugin and do the rest manually?
    Well, you just simply Alt-Drag your Composition or Footage onto your Null-Layer to replace it, and turn the Opacity to 100%. Of course you have to make sure to have the same aspect ratio...
  • I dont mean to argue here, but this was always the behavior before PRO and thats the only reason i upgraded. It should send a solid precomped in a preferred size and not me doing it... Anyways.. ty
  • I dont mean to argue here, but this was always the behavior before PRO and thats the only reason i upgraded. It should send a solid precomped in a preferred size and not me doing it... Anyways.. ty
    I've never said that I would support such feature neither have I explained such feature in the "Quick Overview".
    I'm sorry if you somehow understood the Pro-Version would support such feature...

I'll happily give you a refund if you're not happy, Thanos.
  • No worries :)

Im just certain that this was the behaviour on some version of AEC4D before u swap it to shape layers. I even remember setting the comp size from C4D. 

Its really important not to do this by hand when I have many screens of objects, which is a very common case in commercials.
    If so do u have this version handy so i could use it? Or even better, consider adding it to PRO?
    thanks
  • No worries :)

Im just certain that this was the behaviour on some version of AEC4D before u swap it to shape layers. I even remember setting the comp size from C4D. 

Its really important not to do this by hand when I have many screens of objects, which is a very common case in commercials.
    If so do u have this version handy so i could use it? Or even better, consider adding it to PRO?
    thanks
    Hi Thanos,
    i'm sorry to dissapoint you, but such feature was never implemented... :)

However, I'm really interested in your use case.
    Would you mind opening a support ticket and send me one of your projects, where this is so important?

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • HIWill there be a special offer recently?
  • ZP ZHAN said:
    HIWill there be a special offer recently?
    Hi Zhan,
    during the Summer of Sales 2019, there will be a SALE in Week 3 ( July 8-12 ) at 25% off.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • hi Lasse,

Thank you for this plug-in you created, it's really cool. I downloaded the trail version, and I want to export a object with deformer animation, but it seems it doesn't work, is there any way I could export the shape layer with deformer animation to AE? I watched the tutorial lots time, but I didn't find a way to solve my problems, could you help me out???? Thank you very much.
  • hi Lasse,

Thank you for this plug-in you created, it's really cool. I downloaded the trail version, and I want to export a object with deformer animation, but it seems it doesn't work, is there any way I could export the shape layer with deformer animation to AE? I watched the tutorial lots time, but I didn't find a way to solve my problems, could you help me out???? Thank you very much.
    Hi Mengchen Zhao,
    I'm afraid that there is no way you can export deforming Objects from C4D to AE. This is well out of the scope of AEC4D Pro and not easily achievable.
    Hope you still find it useful and can make some use of the other features... 

Thanks,
    Lasse
  • Hi!
    Just upgraded to the Pro version and it only exports the first 15 frames for some reason, no matter what.
    Range is set to 550 frames.
    Also, is there any way for you to implement exporting camera movement when the camera is parented to an animated null?
  • Hi!
    Just upgraded to the Pro version and it only exports the first 15 frames for some reason, no matter what.
    Range is set to 550 frames.
    Also, is there any way for you to implement exporting camera movement when the camera is parented to an animated null?
    Hi Göran,
    make sure you've activated your license. This is the Trial-Limitation you're talking about...

AEC4D will always export global Position/Scale and Rotation-Data, so a parented Camera is working out of the box.
    If you're having troubles, please feel free to open a Support-Ticket.

Cheers,
    Lasse
  • Needed to restart Cinema of course. Thank's Lasse!
  • Such a brilliant tool, thank you.  I can't be the first to ask but are there any plans to make one that works in the other direction?  Nulls and cameras from AE to C4D?
  • I can't seem to get the full length of the project into AE.
  • Killer plugin! It's become a staple in my workflow.

Randomly this week, the plugin has stopped showing up under my plugins dropdown in Cinema. I haven't updated the app or the plugin, so I'm not quite sure what's causing it.

Any advice?
  • I can't seem to get the full length of the project into AE.
    Hi Austin,

Hope it helps.
    Cheers.
  • Killer plugin! It's become a staple in my workflow.

Randomly this week, the plugin has stopped showing up under my plugins dropdown in Cinema. I haven't updated the app or the plugin, so I'm not quite sure what's causing it.

Any advice?
    Hi Cory,
    maybe you've worked with the trail before?
    Make sure yoz activate your license. When in trouble, just "Deactivate License" and "Install License" in the "License Settings" and restart C4D.