• Hi Fremox!
    Looks great, wanted to try it, but the trial doesn't work unfortunately. The licensing pops up with an empty text field. Manually writing "trial" doesn't work either.
    Or should there be no trial option..?
    Cheers, Lars.
  • Same issue as Lars. Trial doesn't work. AE CC 2017
  • @James Scott @Lars Jandel

Sorry, but, we actually don't offer any trial version for this product.
    So you'll have to purchase it if you want to use it.
    And if, despite all the love I've put in the development of the product and its awesome capabilities regarding its low price, the product really doesn't fit you needs, you'll be able to ask for a refund :)

Matthieu (the author)
  • Thanks for the info Matthieu! Me wanna play - purchased.  ;)
  • Suggestion:Have Moglyph auto select the Cloner Layer after creation.
    As I like to click "Add New Glyph" next and atm I have to manually select the layer first. Yep, I am lazy. :)
    Thanks!
  • Is there going to be a trial?
  • Is there going to be a trial?
    As I've written above, no there isn't any Trial version of MoglyphFX, and no, there won't be any one in the future.
    The product is really low priced, and if it doesn't fit your needs, you can always ask for a refund.
    Thanks for your comprehension !
    Matthieu
  • Very happy with my purchase. Endless possibilities for experimentation.
  • Is there a way to add easing to the transformations that the effectors make? In C4D you can draw a spline to illustrate how the effector will ease it's animations. When I animate text one character at a time it looks terrible just using linear interpolation
  • Is there a way to add easing to the transformations that the effectors make? In C4D you can draw a spline to illustrate how the effector will ease it's animations. When I animate text one character at a time it looks terrible just using linear interpolation
    Sorry but no, you can't do this since it's all based on native AE text layers capabilities.
    You can try different smoothing shapes in the Text groups > EFFECTOR XXX > FALLOFF > Advanced" options (the one I used for Moglyph FX is the one called "Square") but you will never have the level of control that C4D offers in its falloff tab.
  • Hello! When I open the AE, I always see the menu "Almost there! Click below to finish the effect installation" But everything is already installed, and I do not know how to remove that menu that always says "almost ..." You already tell me. Thank you
  • Hello, thought you might want to see this discussion, your script was published in the Motion Lovers Group.
    Check it out here: https://facebook.com/1077996278900703_1786810844685906
    Thanks a lot for this :)
  • Hello! When I open the AE, I always see the menu "Almost there! Click below to finish the effect installation" But everything is already installed, and I do not know how to remove that menu that always says "almost ..." You already tell me. Thank you
    I do not understand why such a bug happens... 
    When you say that "everything is already installed", I assume that you have verified that the needed PSEUDO-EFFECTS are well installed in the PresetEffects.xml support file ?
    If not, could you please open up a ticket instead and send me this exact file in attachment in order for me to double check this for you ?
  • now i works the font window of motion graphics. Before i are lost. Thanks
    I do not understand why such a bug happens... 
    When you say that "everything is already installed", I assume that you have verified that the needed PSEUDO-EFFECTS are well installed in the PresetEffects.xml support file ?
    If not, could you please open up a ticket instead and send me this exact file in attachment in order for me to double check this for you ?
    I was getting the exact problem. I then started After Effects as administrator and when the message popped up again I let it run the install and the message hasn't shown up since. Find the After Effects exe and right click and select run as administrator.
  • Hey Guys,
    I'm doing the switch from Mac OS to Windows. So when try to install on my PC I got an error message "Error from index (8767): Invalid character"  So that means I need to purchase again to use on my PC or is should I deactivate my licence on my Mac?
    Please let me know.
    Cheers,

• @Decio Olher :

Hey, sorry for my late response but I just came back from holidays where I didn't have any internet connexion..

The error you obtain seems weird for me, it should be rather a font problem since it refers to "invalid character" (which involves sometimes bad unicode characters), did you re-install ALL the fonts that come with MoGlyph FX ?

And when you say "When try to install on my PC [...]", could you be more precise about when, at which specific step of the installation, it occurs ?
    A short video screencast could definitely help me to try figuring it out as well..

Thanks for you reply,
    Matthieu
  • Tried to use this plugin with the new version 1.7, and all I get is problems. Why?

Removed all my old files, even my license and redid it all. Followed every part of your instructions to a T and still get these errors in After Effects CC 2019.

'Installation Error: Can't read PresetEffects.xml' then when I click OK, the plugin loads but then I press 'Install MopgraphFX Effect'  I get 

'Installation Error: Failed to make backup. Please quit and restart After Effects as Administrator and try again'. 

I've set all my shortcuts to be admin mode, and still this is a problem? What's the deal man, why do I always have issues installing your plugin?

---------------------------------------------
    SINCE AUTHOR REPLY ABOVE
    ---------------------------------------------

Confirmed this was the issue, copying a vanilla version of PresetEffects.xml from a previous install removed this error and we're back in business.

Oh Adobe. Why you gotta be so weird.

Thanks again Matthieu.

• This is because, unfortunately, Adobe has completely removed the needed file called "PresetEffects.xml" from the AE CC2019 application's folder !

All you have to do is to copy the "PresetEffects.xml" file from your previous version of AfterEffects (on Windows, it is located in the AfterEffects "Support Files" folder), and paste this file exactly in the same "Support Files" folder of your new AfterEffects CC2019 version.

Then, just restart AfterEffects CC2019, and relaunch the MoglyphFX.jsxbin script again.

You should be able to finish the installation if you hadn't already install it on your previous AE version, and finally get your hands on its UI panel normaly afterwards.

• Hello! I have already installed Memphis but it does not appear in the Moglyph fx script
  • Hello! I have already installed Memphis but it does not appear in the Moglyph fx script
    Please install any new font for MoglyphFX as follow :

1. Install the font (e.g. "MoGlyph-MemphisPattern.ttf" in your case) located in the
    moglyphfx_vX.X > Fonts > MoGlyph_NewFonts folder
    as you would do for any font on your system (generally you just have to double click the .ttf file and follow the "Install" instructions in the modal window that appears on your system)

2. Then copy the whole "MoGlyph-XXXXXX" located in the moglyphfx_vX.X > MoGlyphAssets > Glyph_icons ( in your example, you have to copy the folder called "MoGlyph-MemphisPattern")
    and paste this folder exactly in your
    Adobe AfterEffects CC application (Support Files on Windows) > Scripts > ScriptsUI Panels > MoGlyphFXAssets > Glyph_icons

as shown in the capture i've attached here.

3. Restart AfterEffects and relauch the Moglyph FX panel : the MoGlyph-MemphisPattern font should appear in the dropdown list (in the "GENERATE" tab of the MoglyphFX panel) !
    capture_memphisFontInstallation.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 508K
  • Hey! After installing AE19 Moglyph Installer keeps popping up in AE18! How can I fix this?
  • Hey! After installing AE19 Moglyph Installer keeps popping up in AE18! How can I fix this?
    @Carolin Vedder :

Could you open up a support ticket instead please ? Just click on the orange link below and we'll fixing this together in a dedicated thread.
    Thanks in advance,
    Matthieu
  • Hi, I have the same issue about the PresetEffects.xml but on mac. Can't find the support folder and I don't have an older version of ae installed. So how would I go about this? 

Thanks,
     Coen

• Hi, I have the same issue about the PresetEffects.xml but on mac. Can't find the support folder and I don't have an older version of ae installed. So how would I go about this? 

Thanks,
     Coen

Please download the .zip folder attached to this comment, and unzip it on your computer once downloaded.
    Then, all you have to do is to copy the "PresetEffects.xml" file that this folder contains (I've cleaned up one of my own older AfterEffects version so it should work).

Then right-click on your AfterEffects executable file in your "Applications" folder and choose "Show Package".

Finally, just paste this file in the "Content" > "Resources" sub-folder that appears.

Restart AfterEffects CC2019, and relaunch the MoglyphFX.jsxbin script again...

You should be able to finish the installation and finally get your hands on its UI panel normaly afterwards.

zip
    zip
    clean_PresetEffects_XMLfile_forAECC2019.zip
  • Is there a way to make the elements bigger when using the radial cloner,   That part does not seem very intuitive to me as compared to the other cloners.

thanks
  • Is there a way to make the elements bigger when using the radial cloner,   That part does not seem very intuitive to me as compared to the other cloners.

thanks
    This is true, the radial cloner has this downside ; you can scale the clones in the Moglyph CLONER effect's "Transform" sub-group, but you have to both "Scale .X and Scale .Y" AND to adjust the character size in the character panel (just enter the same value that you've put in the Scale .X" parameter.

BUT, you can actually do it faster and easier by just going in the ANIMATE tab and add a "Plain effector" to your Moglyph Radial Cloner. Re-initialize it by clicking the "reinit." button on top of the effect, and just deploy its "Parameters" > "Transform" effect's sub-group, and adjust the Scale.X and Scale.Y values there.
  • Wow - just read through the update note regarding v2 - a big update indeed! Hopefully I'll have some time this week to play with the new and/or optimized features.
    Thanks Matthieu!
  • No special upgrade pricing for people who bought the first version?
  • No special upgrade pricing for people who bought the first version?
    It's free. Check your Downloads and Licenses section.
  • Will Moglyph work in CC20?  I assume same caveat/workaround per the missing 'PresetEffects.xml' file that's needed to do a successful install?  Thanks!

Seems like install worked following the CC19 instructions...just FYI.
  • Why i cant get a try version of Moglyph FX3?
    Same question

Why i cant get a try version of Moglyph FX3?
    Same question

Sorry guys, I've always prefered to not provide any Trial version for my products (this is mainly to avoid some piracy problems : I'm fully aware that it will not prevent my tools to be pirated at all, but still, I prefer not to).
    By the way ; if a product doesn't fit your need you can ask for a refund at any time (by opening up a support ticket and ask for a refund) !
  • Just a quick presale question - can I use anything I create as the clones? Or can only the icons and fonts included be used? If so is there a process of turning my custom objects or some other font to be usable?
  • Just a quick presale question - can I use anything I create as the clones? Or can only the icons and fonts included be used? If so is there a process of turning my custom objects or some other font to be usable?
    You can only do the following things :

- use the Moglyph fonts provided with the tool (actually there are 15 different thematic fonts with exactly 100 glyphs embeded in each of them, which make a total of 1500 different glyph shapes)

- create your own font (with thumbnails available in the "Add New Glyph" Panel) to use with Moglyph : all is explained in this tutorial : 
    (even if you don't actually need to download any template anymore since you have a nice "Custom Font Creation Assistant" provided with the V2 and V3 !)

- I can design a custom font on demand for you by clicking the new V3 button called "Font Request" in the Helpmate Tab (depending on your request, I would charge more or less of course) 

- use "Any font" in the dropdown list, it means that you can use any font you have installed on your computer (can be text or symbols fonts), but in this case you'll have to manually type the needed characters with the keyboards since you won't have their thumbnail in the Glyph Panel

- Effectors can be used with native Text Layers as well since v2

The whole point is that... you can ONLY clone and animate TEXT glyphs/characters with MoglyphFX, which can have some caveats : you will never be able to use some shape layers or complex, multi-colored illustrations as clones ; it has to be a "monogram", with a plain color, as a glyph should be.

Hope it answers to your questions :)

• This plugin is worth at least 100$-200$ to me if I can get some of the flexibility of C4D clones and effectors in my AE projects as a fast plugin (not a script). I sometimes misuse C4D or Stardust, but a native solution is better. I've tried other plugins that use hidden copies of a precomp, that's just to slow. There would be one condition: easy use of my own shapes. If a glyph is basically a vector shape, I'd love a future version where I can just supply my own vector shapes to build Cloner setups. Can even be SVG-paste. Personally, I would never want to dig through 1500 glyphs to find one similar to the effect I need :-) Or build a custom font. Just my 2 cents!
  • This plugin is worth at least 100$-200$ to me if I can get some of the flexibility of C4D clones and effectors in my AE projects as a fast plugin (not a script). I sometimes misuse C4D or Stardust, but a native solution is better. I've tried other plugins that use hidden copies of a precomp, that's just to slow. There would be one condition: easy use of my own shapes. If a glyph is basically a vector shape, I'd love a future version where I can just supply my own vector shapes to build Cloner setups. Can even be SVG-paste. Personally, I would never want to dig through 1500 glyphs to find one similar to the effect I need :-) Or build a custom font. Just my 2 cents!
    i agree with you !
    unfortunatly I will never be able to create a plugin instead of a script, because it is a whole other beast to master (this isn't even the same langage !).
    And since the entire product is based on Text glyphs, you will never be able to create your own multi/colored vector shapes to use as clones unfortunately.
    But still, I prefer to stay with this Text based approach because it would even not be possible to have half of the effectors I created with shape layers (text selectors are way more powerful and flexible than Shape layers animators !).
    The only two other alternatives at the moment would be to use Cinema4D or other scripts like Cloners + Effectors or Easy Clones, both available here on aescripts too (but they aren't plugins neither so you'll encounter some other limitations as well).
    So... thanks for your point of view on my product anyway, I appreciate that !
  • Hola, es el mismo  easyShape FX v1 y v2 o son diferentes y debo comprarlos por separado?
  • Hola, es el mismo  easyShape FX v1 y v2 o son diferentes y debo comprarlos por separado?
    Sorry I don't understand spanish... I guess you asked if MoglyphFX and easyShapeFX were same kind of products ? If this is your question, I can answer that NO, both products differ (a lot actually !).
    MoglyphFX uses exclusively TEXT LAYERS while easyShape FX, as its name suggests, relies on Shape Layers. 
    While you can find some tools in both products that aim at doing the same kind of thing (yeah it's true that in both products you can clone designs in Radial, Linear and Grid mod)), this features in MoglyphFX are WAYYYYYY more advanced and powerful (thanks to Effectors, fallOffs and numerous other settings that you can tweak). easyShape FX is basically just a little menu that lets you apply some simpel yet useful presets to your Shape Layer. But MoglyphFX is way more than that ; it's a huge library of predefined glyph shapes (1500 !) contained in some thematic fonts ; and in MoglyphFX, the Symmetry and Metaball are "PostFX", meaning they are Pixel based (it stacks some effects onto the text layer), while it remains vector based with easyShapeFX since it relies on shape layers "animators" (repeaters, offset path, merge...).
    But again, MoglyphFX is like a real feature rich Mograph toolset compared to easyShapeFX, which is why MoglyphFX is a paid product and easyShape FX is Name Your Own Price :)

If i didn't understand your question correctly, please try asking what you want in plain english instead (I'm french and english isn't my native langage actually, so you should be able too ;)
  • can I use illustrator elements?

• why is offset in red and not changeable? 
  • can I use illustrator elements?

You can create your own font within Illustrator and with the help of the "Custom Font Creator Assistant" that you can find in the Helpmate panel (please refer to the dedicated tutorial for that)

• why is offset in red and not changeable? 
    This is only the case for the Linear Cloner, and only if you have chosen "No" while the message pops up that asked you if you prefer to align clones on the first one, or to center it.
    So, if you clicked on "No", the script applies an expression on the "Offset" parameter, in order for the Linear Cloner to remain always center on the middle one.
    If this is not what you want, you can create another Linear Cloner and - this time - choose "Yes" so that the cloner will be aligned on the first one (just like in Cinema4D) ; this way, the "Offset" parameter won't receive any expression and you'll be able to adjust it.
  • No matter what glyph i choose, i can only see basic letters..
  • No matter what glyph i choose, i can only see basic letters..
    Andreas Kress :
    Did you install all the fonts that come with product (in a folder called "Fonts", please check the 2 sub-folders as well, you have to install about 15 fonts on your system to make it work, all begiining with "Moglyph..." in their name)
    Then it should work as expected.
    If not, could you please open a support ticket instead ?
    Thanks in advance and see you
    Matthieu
  • Hi, there is only one font included in the "newfonts" folder that I just downloaded, namely MoGlyph-C_Grid-patterns.
    In the installation video you mention there should be two different fonts there? thanks!
  • Hi, there is only one font included in the "newfonts" folder that I just downloaded, namely MoGlyph-C_Grid-patterns.
    In the installation video you mention there should be two different fonts there? thanks!
    You are right, there is (and will ablays be) only ONE single font in the "Fonts">"MoGlyph_NewFonts" subfolder... (indeed in the latest version it is the C_grid-patterns" one)
    BUT
    you'll find ALL the other ones in the other subfolder called "Fonts">"MoGlyph-OlderFonts" !

I prefer to organize fonts like that in order to facilitate the updates (because I regularly post new versions with a new font) ; this way older users can only install the latest new font without having to re-install all the fonts on their system !
    But for new users, you'll have to install the all ones contained in both the "NewFonts" AND the "OlderFonts" !

• I run AE 2021 on Mac Big Sur. Is this plug not updated for that? I  just bought it and can't see it anywhere.
  • I run AE 2021 on Mac Big Sur. Is this plug not updated for that? I  just bought it and can't see it anywhere.
    The product is compatible with CC2021, but I'm on PC and I "just" own another mac computer on which I couldn't test all my products with Big Sur Yet (I'm on Catalina and can't upgrade now for technical developpment reasons).
    I'm pretty sure it should work on your machine and OS too because you are the first one who has reported this issue so I'm sure we'll manage to make it work for you too.
    Could you open a support ticket instead (otherwise we will flood the thread here) ?
    Thanks in advance,
    Matthieu