• This is a handy script, and in a short test seems to work as advertised except for Shift clicking any of the slide buttons. In those cases nothing happens. That also includes Shift+CMD clicking. In both scenarios no keyframes are created. The slide buttons work fine on their own, and with the CMD key, but not with Shift.

I am using CC2017 on a Mac (OS 10.11.6).

Edit: The same thing happens in CC2018. Actually the only thing that happens in either version is that there is a quick flash, and the layer is deselected, unlike the other commands which leave the layer selected. But no keyframes are ever created.
  • This is a handy script, and in a short test seems to work as advertised except for Shift clicking any of the slide buttons. In those cases nothing happens. That also includes Shift+CMD clicking. In both scenarios no keyframes are created. The slide buttons work fine on their own, and with the CMD key, but not with Shift.

I am using CC2017 on a Mac (OS 10.11.6).

Edit: The same thing happens in CC2018. Actually the only thing that happens in either version is that there is a quick flash, and the layer is deselected, unlike the other commands which leave the layer selected. But no keyframes are ever created.
    Hi James, I'm happy to hear that you've found KeyFast to be handy!
    But if these buttons aren't working for you, we've got to get that figured out ASAP.
  • @James Scott

I'm on a nearly identical setup as you are (CC 2017 & CC 2018 on Mac ) and KeyFast is working well, so I'll have to see what other factors could be involved.

I'm messaging you now :).
  • Does this use expressions?
  • Does this use expressions?

Hi @Kafka Tamura, KeyFast doesn’t currently use any expressions.

Thanks,
    Breton
  • I see no CS6 in the compatibility tab. Is there a chance it would work or does it depend on later AE features. Thx!
  • I see no CS6 in the compatibility tab. Is there a chance it would work or does it depend on later AE features. Thx!

Hi @Al Sardello
    I haven’t personally tested KeyFast on anything before CC 2017, however it should work on much older versions of After Effects.

I would recommend trying out the free trial to see how it runs on CS6 before purchasing.

I’d love to hear if it works for you on CS6! :)

Thank you,
    Breton
  • Very nice work on this script. But what would be super helpful is in the setup animation length. Allow a switch so the user could choose either seconds or frames. It is very difficult to set a 10 frame animation in a 24 FPS timeline. i have it at .4155 and its almost perfect. Thanks.
  • Hi, I have - Unable to execute script at line 177. Bad argument - file or folder does not exist.
    How can I fix this?
    Thank you)
  • Very nice work on this script. But what would be super helpful is in the setup animation length. Allow a switch so the user could choose either seconds or frames. It is very difficult to set a 10 frame animation in a 24 FPS timeline. i have it at .4155 and its almost perfect. Thanks.
    Thanks for the idea @Gerald Soto, I'll keep that in mind for a future version.

• Hi, I have - Unable to execute script at line 177. Bad argument - file or folder does not exist.
    How can I fix this?
    Thank you)
    Hi @Oleksii Afanasiev,
    It sounds like the “keyFastIcons” folder needs to be put in your “ScriptsUI Panels” folder.

When you download KeyFast, you’ll notice 3 things inside the downloaded folder: the script itself, a folder (called “keyFasIcons”), and a “read me” file. Both the script and the “keyFastIcons” folder need to go into your “ScriptsUI Panels” folder

You can look at the attached file for reference.

1. Readme.jpg
    2060 x 641 - 333K
  • Two things for a future update: 
    - "full slide" doesn't take the stroke width on a shape into account
    - reset layer staggering/align layers function
  • Two things for a future update: 

- "full slide" doesn't take the stroke width on a shape into account
    - reset layer staggering/align layers function
    Thank you for the feedback @Oliver Schwinn!
  • Hi,
    Stagger keyframes doesn't work for me.
    I'm on Win 10 CC 2018
    THX

• Hi,
    Stagger keyframes doesn't work for me.
    I'm on Win 10 CC 2018
    THX

Hi @krem krabou, I'm just sent you a message to get more details on this bug. 
    Thank you!
  • Hi Breton,
    Stagger keyframes doesn't work with expression on property it duplicates layers.
    THX
  • Very handy tool!
    +1 for animation length in frames
    Another suggestion: How about a pref setting, when using option/alt to quickly change the value(s) - which is great - , to have the action directly applied with the new value(s) when hitting "save" or "okay" - would save me another click. ;) This might be a matter of workflow, so a checkbox for this behaviour could make sense. ...and to complete this idea, the modifier keys could still do their job when clicking the "save" or "okay" button.   :)

Thanks!
  • Quick question! (Sorry if dumb, this is my first paid plugin). I'm upgrading computers soon. How do I transfer the license to the new computer and deactivate the old one? I don't see a way to do so in AE.
    Love the plugin by the way! Its fantastic. HUGE time saver.
  • Hello there! Is there any chance to get a headless version of key fast? I would love to stack some of those buttons on my kbar. :) 
  • Are you guys compatible with After Effects CC2019 yet?! I just updated and can't load my Key Fast. I desperately need it and fast!!

• Are you guys compatible with After Effects CC2019 yet?! I just updated and can't load my Key Fast. I desperately need it and fast!!
    Hi @CoryTravalena,
    In my initial tests, KeyFast is working great on After Effects CC2019.
    Just don't forget to put both the script file (called “KeyFast.jsxbin”) and the “keyFastIcons” folder need to go into your “ScriptsUI Panels” folder

I'm glad you like the script ;)

- Breton
    KeyfastGuide.jpg
    2060 x 641 - 333K
  • Hello there! Is there any chance to get a headless version of key fast? I would love to stack some of those buttons on my kbar. :) 
    Hi @Ronaldo Serrano,
    Thank you for suggesting it & sorry for the delayed reply :)

I don't currently have plans to make a headless version, but will certainly consider it at down the road.

Best,
    Breton
  • Sorry if I missed this feature.

Is there a Squash 'n' stretch out feature?  IE:  0 to 100 scale horizontal-only or vertical-only?  

Am a huge fan of this bar so far.  
  • Sorry if I missed this feature.

Is there a Squash 'n' stretch out feature?  IE:  0 to 100 scale horizontal-only or vertical-only?  

Am a huge fan of this bar so far.  
    Thank's Patrick,
    I'm glad to hear that you like it!

There is no way to scale a single dimension with KeyFast right now. The fastest way to do it is to use the Scale button, and then adjust your first keyframe so that it squashes.

Best,
    Breton
  • Keyfast has not been working since I updated  After effects... 
  • Keyfast has not been working since I updated  After effects... 

Hi Toby, It’s possible that you didn’t move the icons folder when you copied KeyFast. You’ll need both “KeyFast.jaxbin” file and the “keyFastIcons” folder to be placed in your “scriptsUI Panels” folder. Here’s a screenshot for an example
    EF7ACE54-41B8-488C-AC69-1701DD49EFFE.jpeg
    2060 x 641 - 338K
  • Can you please make this Frame based rather than seconds?
  • Almost perfect, bought it nevertheless, !!! It would be a significant change when one could define the frame duration for the opacity! Any plans concerning this? Why is it not included in the settings – did I miss something maybe ;-) Thank you.
  • Can you please make this Frame based rather than seconds?
    Hi Gerald,
    Thank you for the suggestion! I've added it to my requested features list.

Best,
    Breton

• Almost perfect, bought it nevertheless, !!! It would be a significant change when one could define the frame duration for the opacity! Any plans concerning this? Why is it not included in the settings – did I miss something maybe ;-) Thank you.
    Hi Krystyna,
    Thank you for the feedback! You can change the length of your fade out / fade in by:
    1. Clicking on the gear button (bottom right icon).
    2. Changing the length of animation in your settings.
    3. Clicking "Save"

Please see the attached screenshot for reference.
    Thank you,
    Breton

KeyFast-Settings.jpg
    760 x 1150 - 107K
  • Hi, I really like KeyFast, but just a nit picky thing. It would be nice if you would show the Windows hotkeys in the tooltip instead of the Mac hotkeys when running on a Windows system. I'm not a Mac user and it's always a pain trying to remember the translation to Windows.

Thanks!
  • Just bought KeyFastand installed via the AESCRIPTS+AEPLUGINS MANAGER, but haven't gotten off the ground yet. After entering the license info (which was successful) I got the following error (not so successful).
    image (see screenshot)

What next?
  • Hi @HaroldGreen,
    Thanks for purchasing KeyFast!

It sounds like you may have forgotten to move the icons folder when you copied KeyFast. You’ll need both “KeyFast.jaxbin” file and the “keyFastIcons” folder to be placed in your “scriptsUI Panels” folder. Here’s a screenshot for an example:

Just bought KeyFastand installed via the AESCRIPTS+AEPLUGINS MANAGER, but haven't gotten off the ground yet. After entering the license info (which was successful) I got the following error (not so successful).
    image (see screenshot)

What next?

KeyfastGuide.jpg
    2060 x 641 - 333K
  • Hi @HaroldGreen,
    Thanks for purchasing KeyFast!

It sounds like you may have forgotten to move the icons folder when you copied KeyFast. You’ll need both “KeyFast.jaxbin” file and the “keyFastIcons” folder to be placed in your “scriptsUI Panels” folder. Here’s a screenshot for an example:

Just bought KeyFastand installed via the AESCRIPTS+AEPLUGINS MANAGER, but haven't gotten off the ground yet. After entering the license info (which was successful) I got the following error (not so successful).
    image (see screenshot)

What next?
    <snip>

Just to confirm what Harold said, for some reason the 'keyFastIcons' folder isn't being bundled with plugin file when you choose to install it using the 'aescripts + aeplugins' desktop app. You need to download the .zip file from the website and copy that folder across manually. As the app is easier for installing/managing plugins it would be nice if this could be fixed :)

• Hi Breton Brander,

I love your plugin Key Fast and recommend it to others. I did have a script question for you if you get chance. 

I've been fiddling around with Extend Script myself and have been trying to make my own plugin for some personal scripts. I've been trying to figure out how to implement an Alt Clicked modifier button or a Ctrl Clicked button similar to what your plugin does. 

My attempt was to use the button.addEventListener('click', function(e){}); but that seems to give some odd behaviors. And according to some threads the .addEventListener() no longer works properly in After Effects. So thats my problem. 

I have noticed a few comments on your plugin thread that might imply a similar issue that some people have with the modifier keys now working in the newer verions of AfterEffects. My question is how are you pulling it off. Are you using an .addEventListener('click', function(e){}); to the button or a group or some odd combination. If you get a chance to answer I could use some guidance. Thank you for you time. 
  • Can't seem to get stagger keyframes to work with my shape layer. I have my own set of keyframes for trim path, but despite it asking me how much I want to offset by, it still doesn't do anything. Everything else seems to work great. Any help?
  • I have been using your tools for month and thats quite amazing and I just cant tell you how great it feels to animate the layer without opening those triangles. And the shorcut on top of those changes the functionality of it is another great thing.

I do have few sugestion for the future development. Maybe I am asking a lot for what I had paid for...but who doesnt want free stuffs. Anyway.

1. It should have a button to trim the layer from keyframe. The same feature Obsessive layers have. That would be handy.

2. I do wish I bring the other property I animate. This is a lot. But could be game changing. I mean if say I animate color(Other property) or blur(Effects Property) could I bring those in. Please add more property to animate.

3. Have feature or shortcut to animate seperate dimension. (If this could be possible please tell me). Many a times I do wanna animate like only x or only this is a pain that I need to go to those triangles which I doesnt wanna go after using your script.
    3b. If implementing this feature make sure either theeir is button which seperate the x and y and z. Or shorcut would automatically do that.

4. Your Icons feel small to me. Good if I could increase the size of those.

Great please respond whats possible whats not . Great tool you should bring more tools like. Great.

Mayank
  • wondering if there will be a 2020 update? thanks!
  • is it possible to add a frame based time for Animation Length.

• wondering if there will be a 2020 update? thanks!
    Hi @Alex Jones, thanks for asking. KeyFast is tested & working on After Effects 2020

• Hi Breton Brander,

I love your plugin Key Fast and recommend it to others. I did have a script question for you if you get chance. 

I've been fiddling around with Extend Script myself and have been trying to make my own plugin for some personal scripts. I've been trying to figure out how to implement an Alt Clicked modifier button or a Ctrl Clicked button similar to what your plugin does. 

My attempt was to use the button.addEventListener('click', function(e){}); but that seems to give some odd behaviors. And according to some threads the .addEventListener() no longer works properly in After Effects. So thats my problem. 

I have noticed a few comments on your plugin thread that might imply a similar issue that some people have with the modifier keys now working in the newer verions of AfterEffects. My question is how are you pulling it off. Are you using an .addEventListener('click', function(e){}); to the button or a group or some odd combination. If you get a chance to answer I could use some guidance. Thank you for you time. 
    Hi Tucan toto, I'm so glad that you're liking KeyFast. Thank you for recommending it :)
  • Can't seem to get stagger keyframes to work with my shape layer. I have my own set of keyframes for trim path, but despite it asking me how much I want to offset by, it still doesn't do anything. Everything else seems to work great. Any help?
    Hi Travis, 
    Thank you for letting me know about this bug! I'll work on it for the next version of KeyFast.
  • is it possible to add a frame based time for Animation Length.
    Thanks for the suggestion Gerald! I'll be sure to add this feature in the next version of KeyFast.
  • Amazing! I barely have to collapse any layer properties and pretty much work exclusively with the Key Fast panel. Having everything for basic animations in close proximity with one another is a huge time saver and only for that reason do I have a couple of humble suggestions. I don't know if this is even possible but during touch ups, I generally keep every layer locked and only unlock as I make changes so having an 'lock/unlock' button would be amazing so I wouldn't have to go back and forth between the panel and each layer and keep all my movements localized within Key Fast. Again, I don't know if you can do that - but - would be rad! My other suggestion would be to have the overshoot toggle right on the panel. I've noticed a lot of my animations and that of my colleagues are usually a mixtures of overshoot AND regular easing so having to go into the settings panel each time is not ideal but just a minor inconvinience considering the incredible value you've provided. Big fan of your work - I've also purchased Hover! Even if you don't get to my suggestions this is a 10/10 script! Cheers, my dude. 
  • Is there a Window 10 version?
  • Bryan Fu said:
    Is there a Window 10 version?

Yes. It is fully cross-platform.
  • add please wiggle and bounce
  • Feature request! I would pay good money to have the overshoot toggle be on the main UI. I often need to turn it on and off all the time. Putting it on the main UI or even a modifier button which would automatically add overshoot would be so handy (e.g. alt+ slide right to slide right with overshoot)
  • Waiting for the AE2021 version :)
  • This is probably a silly little thing, and I love the plugin, but is there any way to add a option so that the button menu is placed horizontally rather than vertically? Or run vertically in a single line? I know some plugins that scale or re-arrange the buttons based on where they are placed in your AE UI and was wondering if this functionality could be added?