• Thanks, this is a great plug-in, works beautifully and arrived at just the right time for a project. Coupled with your MoGraf plug-in, which I utilised on the same project did exactly what I'd hope to achieve. Looking forward to your next efforts.

Al
  • Thank you for you feedback Alan !
    I'm really glad you like it.
    I'm currently working on other cool tools for AfterEffects, so... stay tuned !
  • Hey, I generally love your script, but the 3D camera button will make every 3D layer disappear and im not quite sure why.  I still have yet to make the 3D work correctly.
  • Hey Andrew !

This is not normal. I've re-tested on several platforms and versions and everything works perfectly with the 3D camera !
    I can only see one reason why it makes disappear your 3D layers :
    your layers may be out of the comp work area ! I mean, if you have placed your 3D layers too far from the center of the composition, they will disappear since there isn't any vanishing point !
    Try to re-initialize the position (PX and PY at the center of the comp, and PZ at 0) of one of your layers and it should appear properly. Then, move it so it fit your needs while staying in the comp area.

Hope it will help !
    Matthieu 
  • Have been waiting for something like this for awhile! Thank you! One thing that I am having issues with is getting ray-traced ambient occlusion to show up in Element 3D. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Hi Douglas !
    Thanks for the kind of words !

It may not answer to your own issue, but i think that since your Element 3D scene is reaaaaaally far from the camera to reproduce this "isometric look", and that the raytraced ambiant occlusion has something to do with real distances in pixels, your issue could be due to the distance from camera which is simply too high...
    But i can't guaranty it so, sorry i can't help you more with it.
    Hope it can help anyway !
  • Hi, that's great. But I would like to use it with already isometric pictures, too. A button that only let isometric pictures move in the three axes would be great.
  • The position constraint appear only onto the layers transformed by the script so, indeed, you can't apply this without "over-faking" isometry with the tool.
    But you could always copy the  3 (one for each axis) control sliders from one of the layer transformed by the IsomaticFX script and past them onto your desired, pre-designed isometric illustration layer, and just copy the position's expression as well.

If it seems to be too hard work for you, you could probably buy another tool here : 
    which would complement nicely my own tool (btw the guy behind this other tool is the one who created the expression first ; he gave me the permission to include it in my tool and I credited him for that), plus, it is rather not expensive, so, having both products would be that a big matter.

Hope you'll be able to achieve what you want !

• Thanks, just copying effects and expressions work well. Unfortunately the mentioned tool does not work in german version ...
  • Looks awesome!
    Might it ever be possible to have blocks without just flat roofs, say in the example of a triangular shaped  house roof etc?
    :)

• Looks awesome!
    Might it ever be possible to have blocks without just flat roofs, say in the example of a triangular shaped  house roof etc?
    :)

Thanks for the kind words !
    Unfortunately no, you can't create or animate real "3D volumes" in AfterEffects, unless you use the plugin Element3D from VideoCopilot. 
    You are bound to have a flat 3D layer in AfterEffects or to fake the isometry with already drawn 3D isometric illustrations (you can then just add one time any "faked 2D isometry" and remove it after by re-clicking on the same button... the position will then be constrained by expression to some isometric sliders, in order to animate your illustrations).

• Very useful! Is this still up to date? I want to try it! 
  • Hi I just purchased this but after installation it's telling me I have version 1.6 and should update to 1.6.2  but I have download the latest version?
    In my downloads it says the version is 1.6.2 but after installing its not, it's 1.6

I've tried manually and through the ae installer plugin and all the same problem
    I think the wrong version is on the server, please can you update it please so I can update

Thanks
  • Hi I just purchased this but after installation it's telling me I have version 1.6 and should update to 1.6.2  but I have download the latest version?
    In my downloads it says the version is 1.6.2 but after installing its not, it's 1.6

I've tried manually and through the ae installer plugin and all the same problem
    I think the wrong version is on the server, please can you update it please so I can update

Thanks
    Actually, it sounds more like a version error on my side (I'm the creator of this tool) so, sorry for this.
    The 1.6 version you have is the latest version available, and contains everything you need (I may have messed up with versions because I had to make 1 or 2 bugfixes for specific people).
    So, if you don't encounter any trouble with the product other than that version number, there isn't any issue after all. Otherwise, please open up a support ticket instead and I'll do my best to help you fix this.
    Matthieu