After Effects Shortcut Icons
  • Are you guys familiar with Touch Portal?  It's a phone/tablet-based version of Streamdeck.  The icons will work flawlessly with it.  
  • Hey Victor thanks for the heads up. I'll look into it!
  • Does the stream deck switch icon set based on what program is active? Say you have different buttons for different adobe programs.
  • Does the stream deck switch icon set based on what program is active? Say you have different buttons for different adobe programs.
    The way Stream Deck works is, as long as you specify an application in the profile, it will load the profile based on what application you switch to.image
  • Can you install your KBAR toolbars without deleted the current ones I already have?
  • Can you install your KBAR toolbars without deleted the current ones I already have?
    In my tests it does seem to overwrite your existing bars. You can backup them up of course before installing but it shouldn't do that. I would contact the KBar developer about that.
  • Hey there! I was wondering, are there Touch Portal or Stream Deck page configs for Windows hotkeys or do you only have it for OSX?
  • ian pei said:
    Hey there! I was wondering, are there Touch Portal or Stream Deck page configs for Windows hotkeys or do you only have it for OSX?

At this time only OSX extra, though of course the icons themseleves can be used cross platform.
  • Definitely going to pick this up! Would it be possible to get color icons on a black background? (like reversing the colors of the black icons on the color bg). 

edit: Actually reading more into it, it looks like the Kbar icons are like this?
  • ian pei said:
    Hey there! I was wondering, are there Touch Portal or Stream Deck page configs for Windows hotkeys or do you only have it for OSX?

At this time only OSX extra, though of course the icons themseleves can be used cross platform.
    An update on this comment...The AE pack now contains profiles for both Mac and Windows!
  • Definitely going to pick this up! Would it be possible to get color icons on a black background? (like reversing the colors of the black icons on the color bg). 

edit: Actually reading more into it, it looks like the Kbar icons are like this?
    Hi Kit - you can quickly do this in Photoshop. Just make an action to open, lock transparent pixel then fill layer with foreground color, reverse selection and then fill with background color then close. Run it as a batch, choose the folder of icons and just run. It run off like 20 icons in 5 secs.
  • Are the icons on the set provided only in a bitmap format or are there vector versions as well?

• They are bitmap only.
  • This looks great & I'm interested in purchasing a stream deck in order to use this with it. But I was just wondering if you know if it's possible to launch a script from the script ui panel (such as duik) using the Stream Deck?
  • Not currently no. It's possible to integrate it with Quick Menu to do this though. Touch Portal should have that ability in the next few weeks. I'll be testing it.
  • Not currently no. It's possible to integrate it with Quick Menu to do this though. Touch Portal should have that ability in the next few weeks. I'll be testing it.
    I see. I've just read a comment on this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0i0XJkuyZs) which says you've found a workaround for launching effects etc. Is that workaround only for Touch Portal or Stream Deck too?

Also, do you have any information on how to integrate with Quick Menu in order to launch scripts?
  • Yes. I just launched https://aescripts.com/aefx-shortcut-icons-and-profiles/ and works for both Touch Portal and Stream Deck. Profiles are all built with buttons for every single effect.

If you've got Quick Menu you just program a button in Stream Deck to key press the shortcut command for Quick Menu (let's say command / space) then tell the button to enter text in the text field (such as "Array"). Pressing this button results in the Array script launching.
    Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 9.45.09 AM.png
    1904 x 1676 - 564K
  • Hi, I've installed Touch Portal on my smartphone. It is connected to my PC, but when I click on the buttons in the different icons, it doesn't work anything at all... is there something I need to do?
  • Hi Danielle - these profiles only work with tablets running Touch Portal Pro. They are not made for the smartphone versions.
  • I bought the after effects pack for streamdeck but the aek folder for shortcuts doesn't appear in the after2021 version

• Great icons, SUPER useful in KBar3, but disappointed that they're only PNG and not SVG. A few I'd like to "tweak" in Illustrator instead of Photoshop.
  • WARNING!!!  Make sure you back up your own toolbars before you follow the instructions for "restoring" the KBar's from SideshowFX. It completely wipes out all the work you've already done. There should have been an exported .kbar file instead which I they should have done instead. Idiot me didn't back up all the work I'd done and I lost it all.
  • Just bought this, how do i add this whole icon packs onto the Loupedeck icon library natively. So i dont have to keep having to crosscheck (drag and drop) from file explorer to Loupedeck.
  • This pack currently doesn't have that ability.