• I'd take you up on your new version, but it appears that you've "upgraded" it so that CS6 is no longer on the compatability list.

Is that the case?

• I'd take you up on your new version, but it appears that you've "upgraded" it so that CS6 is no longer on the compatability list.

Is that the case?

I don't have anybody with CS6 to test with and I'd rather not mark something untested as compatible, but it should still work fine
    You can download the free trial and try

EDIT: I've confirmed it CS6 compatible
  • I'll do that & get back to you.
  • Awesome product!  Adobe AE would be dead in the water without 3rd party developers...
  • I'd like to know as well, looking forward to your report Mark.
  • Would love to hear reports on CS6 as well. Thanks!

Is that the case?

Tim K K said:
    I'd like to know as well, looking forward to your report Mark.
    Would love to hear reports on CS6 as well. Thanks!

I didn't realize CS6 still has an userbase this big!
    I've decided to go out, get a copy of CS6 up and try it out myself.
    It seems to work perfectly, so yep, Boxcam 2 is CS6 compatible!
  • Excellent.  The trial installed w/o issue last night but I didn't have time to run it through any real test.  So thanks for confirming.  I mainly picked BoxCam up to see if it was something to recommend to an acquaintance.  It is, but unfortunately he's on a Mac system. 

And ya, there are still quite few long time users of After Effects that did not wish to buy into Adobe's subscription scam. For what I do, the CC versions offer very little that I can't do by some other means frankly.  And I have stability & comfort in knowing that something isn't going to get changed on me at an inopportune time.

• I mainly picked BoxCam up to see if it was something to recommend to an acquaintance.  It is, but unfortunately he's on a Mac system

Boxcam works on Mac too!
  • Thanks so much. I tried it out (briefly) with CS6 as well, and so far it works great -- in fact, better than the original version!
    I am also on CS6 due to the subscription issue. Hard to see so many new scripts be CC only -- thanks for this great product!
  • I've been waiting for something like this for along time.
    Trial version lasted 5min, before I bought a license ;-)
  • Hello! If I needed to animate some cropped areas from the project, I always used precomp of the whole project with "collapsed transformations" and animated it inside a new "output" comp, and it worked well for "open-gate" workflow.
    What benefits gives Boxcam in comparison from this standard process? For the first look, it seems like it does exactly the same thing, but instead of animating precomp you have to animate adjustment layer linked with PSR parameters of the precomp. Is that the main feature of the script, or it can also do something more unique and special? Thanks!
  • Hello! If I needed to animate some cropped areas from the project, I always used precomp of the whole project with "collapsed transformations" and animated it inside a new "output" comp, and it worked well for "open-gate" workflow.
    What benefits gives Boxcam in comparison from this standard process? For the first look, it seems like it does exactly the same thing, but instead of animating precomp you have to animate adjustment layer linked with PSR parameters of the precomp. Is that the main feature of the script, or it can also do something more unique and special? Thanks!

This is indeed what the script does
    The main benefit of using this over your method is convenience, you can create the whole setup with just two clicks and you get a box that significantly improves the ease of positioning the camera, as you can see your whole composition
    This also allows you to use parenting to control the camera

In addition, it provides a few extra features, like having multiple cameras at once, just like 3D cameras!
  • Hello!

I've downloaded the trial mode to test it, however when I click to open boxcam on the window menu, an error message appears:
    "Access Blocked (-101). Please configure or disable any firewalls or virus software that might be blocking access to the home folder. If this access is blocked the license cannot be verified. TypeError: null is not an object. result:"

Can you help me with this?

Thanks!
  • Hello!

I've downloaded the trial mode to test it, however when I click to open boxcam on the window menu, an error message appears:
    "Access Blocked (-101). Please configure or disable any firewalls or virus software that might be blocking access to the home folder. If this access is blocked the license cannot be verified. TypeError: null is not an object. result:"

Can you help me with this?

Thanks!

Hey, please open up a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • I'm very intrigued but a bit on the fence. Is there a reason why I wouldn't just make layers 3D but leave them in 2D space and use the native camera that way? I'm guessing making layers 3D even if used in 2D eats up computer resources, is that the main thing about BoxCam? Honest question! Thanks
  • I'm very intrigued but a bit on the fence. Is there a reason why I wouldn't just make layers 3D but leave them in 2D space and use the native camera that way? I'm guessing making layers 3D even if used in 2D eats up computer resources, is that the main thing about BoxCam? Honest question! Thanks
    Hey Andrew!

You are correct in that using a 3D camera will yield similar results
    However, turning all of your 2D layers to 3D layers isn't convenient and is in some cases not even a possibility
    Additionally, moving a 3D camera in 2D space for 2D projects is often uncomfortable and clunky 
    The main reason you'd use Boxcam is for convenience, it's very fast and easy to use compared to other available solutions

If you haven't already, download the free trial version and try it out for yourself
  • Jasper- Just started using Boxcam and I love the convenience. Question though.... is there a way to control the scaling of stroke widths while zooming with Boxcam? Is there a work around you can suggest? Thanks
  • Jasper- Just started using Boxcam and I love the convenience. Question though.... is there a way to control the scaling of stroke widths while zooming with Boxcam? Is there a work around you can suggest? Thanks
    Hey Josh!
    Please open a support ticket with your issue and provide screenshots of the problem you're experiencing
  • Hello! If you move the pre-comp, the keys remain in the same time interval. (CC19 Version16.1.1 Build 4) Is there a solution to this problem? https://i.imgur.com/8zjGxYr.gifv
  • Hello! If you move the pre-comp, the keys remain in the same time interval. (CC19 Version16.1.1 Build 4) Is there a solution to this problem? https://i.imgur.com/8zjGxYr.gifv
    This is an issue that shouldn't be happening - I'm investigating it and will release a patch once I manage to fix it  
    That said, you can simply precomp the precomp to temporarily solve your problem!
    I have now released version 2.4 that fixes the issue!
  • I'm getting this error when I try and run the script: Unable to execute script at line 1. Function c.setDate is undefined.

CC2019 
    OS Mojave

• I'm getting this error when I try and run the script: Unable to execute script at line 1. Function c.setDate is undefined.

CC2019 
    OS Mojave

I'm still not exactly sure why this happens (this has happened to a lot of people), but here's how it can be fixed:
    1. Close all 3rd party scripts/panels
    2. Restart After Effects
    3. Open Boxcam (and your other scripts/panels)
  • All my compositions are 1080 and I use vectors.
    Can I zoom in using boxcam, as scaling does not matter since I am using vectors.
    So just have the boxcam zoom around?

So I would just create a new composition, drag/drop my complete 1080 composition in there, and then add the boxcam layer and just zoom with it.
    This should work right?
    Can I zoom in using boxcam, as scaling does not matter since I am using vectors.

So I would just create a new composition, drag/drop my complete 1080 composition in there, and then add the boxcam layer and just zoom with it.
    This should work right?
    Yes! That is how it works. If you use pre-comps however, you'll need to collapse transformantions first.
    I'd recommend you to try out the free trial of Boxcam first to make sure it matches your needs

This should work right?
    Yes! That is how it works. If you use pre-comps however, you'll need to collapse transformantions first.
    I'd recommend you to try out the free trial of Boxcam first to make sure it matches your needs
    Would it just be possible to finish the entire animation and then copy that composition into a new boxcam one and do all the zooming then?

This should work right?
    Would it just be possible to finish the entire animation and then copy that composition into a new boxcam one and do all the zooming then?
    Yes, that would work! You could even do the Boxcam zooming in the same composition, if you wish
  • There seems to be some issues with Boxcam with masks.
    On my composition I have a door that moves down into a mask and looks fine,
    But on the boxcam layer when zooming the mask gets all distorted.

Any idea why? Thanks
  • I was wandering if there was any resolution with the masks issue - I have a set matte effect on a layer and in boxcam output comp it is not affected by boxcam...?
  • I was wandering if there was any resolution with the masks issue - I have a set matte effect on a layer and in boxcam output comp it is not affected by boxcam...?
    No reply for over two weeks... this is not good - did the author stop supporting the script?
    No reply for over two weeks... this is not good - did the author stop supporting the script?
    Hey, seems like your previous comment got lost in my inbox - sorry about that.
    Wayne's mask issue was discussed separately in a support ticket, I recommend you open up a support ticket as well and provide screenshots of the problem so I can help you out
  • interesting script! i'm trying to figure out a way to make a 360 cam rig that outputs / displays a grid of 6 cameras in one comp, so i don't need multiple comps for each camera (front, bottom, back, left, right, top) and have to copy / paste the layers / properties into each one if that makes sense...would this work for that?
  • interesting script! i'm trying to figure out a way to make a 360 cam rig that outputs / displays a grid of 6 cameras in one comp, so i don't need multiple comps for each camera (front, bottom, back, left, right, top) and have to copy / paste the layers / properties into each one if that makes sense...would this work for that?
    That's a pretty unique use case. I don't think Boxcam will be the solution you are looking for, but the free trial is free, so give it a shot!
  • Hi, I love your script! Having a great time with it in my animations.
    Quick question - what would a comp look like that I shared it with someone else who did not have the plugin, after i have built my boxcam comps? would they still see all the camera cuts?
    I am considering using a render farm, and I wanted to check if they would be able to render my comps without having the plugin installed.
    Many thanks,
  • I have a bit of an issue in that my first AE will render out just fine. When I come back into the file later to make an amend and re-export, all of my Boxcams seem to have forgotten what to do and need making from scratch. 
  • I have a bit of an issue in that my first AE will render out just fine. When I come back into the file later to make an amend and re-export, all of my Boxcams seem to have forgotten what to do and need making from scratch. 
    Hmm, it shouldn't be possible for this to happen. Please open up a support ticket at  https://aescripts.com/contact/ and provide more details on your issue and I will look into it!
  • Hi, I love your script! Having a great time with it in my animations.
    Quick question - what would a comp look like that I shared it with someone else who did not have the plugin, after i have built my boxcam comps? would they still see all the camera cuts?
    I am considering using a render farm, and I wanted to check if they would be able to render my comps without having the plugin installed.
    Many thanks,
    Sorry for the late response, I somehow missed your comment earlier.

Projects that use Boxcam will work perfectly without Boxcam installed, you just won't have the buttons to make changes with, so you can pass it on to other artists or render farms without a problem.
  • I love this plugin but Is there a work around that I'm un aware of that when using tools like https://aescripts.com/matte-kit/.  ;
  • I love this plugin but Is there a work around that I'm un aware of that when using tools like https://aescripts.com/matte-kit/.  ;
    Glad you're enjoying the tool! I'm not familiar with Matte-Kit specifically, but usually problems can be solved by pre-comping the output composition or turning off collapse transformations on the output layer. If you wish to discuss it further, please open a support ticket and provide more info (such as screenshots) on what you're trying to do and I'll gladly help you find a solution.
  • Hi,
       Just bought the box cam. It's not working on AE 2022!!!
  • Hi,
       Just bought the box cam. It's not working on AE 2022!!!
    Hey, could you please open a support ticket and provide more details so we can solve the issue: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hi bro, love you product, great job.

Just figured out that there's an issue when I use time remap in the output composition, it animates the properties separately no matter if I animated them at the same time with the box cam.
    For example:
    1. Let's say I animate scale and position at the same time with the boxcam layer. 
    2. Then in the output composition I use time remap that I need because I have to extend the time of complex animation with a bunch of layers, but keeping the same boxcam movement the I did.
    Result in the output comp: the scale animation happens first and then the position moves, instead of moving at the same time like the animation I did in the in the box cam.
  • Hi Jasper, Boxcam 2.6 is locking up AE 2023 every time I try to load the panel. I'm on v23.0.0 build 59 on a M1 Mac. Happy to trouble shoot with you. Thanks!
  • I can create a Boxcam (w 2.6 and latest version AE), but I do not get an interface for the script and not seeing way to generate composition from the boxcam.  Any ideas?