BG Renderer MAX

• imageBG Renderer MAX

The power to render compositions in the background at maximum speed! Say goodbye to slow Media Encoder. Multiprocessing, lots of integrations, notifications and file type conversions – all in one super tool.

https://aescripts.com/bg-renderer/

• Love to see that this is still being developed! Just got it and gave the multiprocessing a try. I get this error - Unable to execute script at line 59. -1 is out of range
    Hi Maxwell. Could you please open a support ticket for that issue? https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1398

Please attach the log if possible. You can read about creating log at https://bgrenderer.com/troubleshooting
  • How many installations will the Floating Server License support?
  • Basically is the same as Render Garden?
  • Just bought it and everything works great so far!

some feature request:
    - Discord Integration for Notification
    - KBar Integration for Quick Access
  • Basically is the same as Render Garden?
    Not really. BG Renderer does share some functionality with Render Garden in regards to launching multiple instances of aerender at once, but the engines are completely different in terms of handling these processes as well as edge cases. This and post renders are the real power behind BG Renderer MAX.
  • Just bought it and everything works great so far!

some feature request:
    - Discord Integration for Notification
    - KBar Integration for Quick Access
    Thanks for suggestions. I've added KBar quick access suggestion to our Trello board: https://trello.com/b/fREQ5WMV/bg-renderer-max-public-roadmap

Right now you may configure Zapier to post Discord messages:

Here's how you set up Zapier in the BG Renderer MAX:

• How many installations will the Floating Server License support?
    Hi Michael,

• Nik Ska said:
    Basically is the same as Render Garden?
    Not really. BG Renderer does share some functionality with Render Garden in regards to launching multiple instances of aerender at once, but the engines are completely different in terms of handling these processes as well as edge cases. This and post renders are the real power behind BG Renderer MAX.
    I'm mainly interested about the multithreading, I have 12 core, so between bgrender and render garden which have best performances about that? thanks!
  • hi thanks a lot for your script but I have a problem when I try to start a render
  • Hi ! 

It certainly is a silly question, but can we couple BG renderer max and Render garden ? Like, build a garden of PCs with on each BG renderer ?

Thank you !
  • Hey,
    Please consider Prowl integration as well.

cheers,
    Tobias
  • Does it work with Element 3D as well? Would it perform multiprocessing?

Best,
    Andreas
  • hi thanks a lot for your script but I have a problem when I try to start a render
    Hi! Would you please open a support ticket? You can do it via BGR interface, or here. Alternatively, write us on facebook: https://facebook.com/extrabitesoft
  • Hey,
    Please consider Prowl integration as well.

cheers,
    Tobias
    Hi Tobias,
    We did consider Prowl at first, but it seems like the service does not receive updates in a long time, so we decided to stick with Pushover. 
    I've added Prowl suggestion to our roadmap: https://trello.com/c/EsyL3BnA/22-prowl-for-push-notifications
  • Hi ! 

It certainly is a silly question, but can we couple BG renderer max and Render garden ? Like, build a garden of PCs with on each BG renderer ?

Thank you !
    This feature is on our roadmap and will roll out later.
  • The resize command in the output module seems to be ignored and there's no Quicktime 4444 option? It would also be great if it deleted the img sequence automatically once the new video was outputted.
  • What about projects that are GPU required specifically VR Tools. My projects like this would crash Render Garden even with only two jobs running.
  • Looks wicked, but can this render across multiple machines (ie: Mac to PC) like other aerender options assuming the image sequence is rendering over the network to the same folder? (RenderBoss).
  • The resize command in the output module seems to be ignored and there's no Quicktime 4444 option? It would also be great if it deleted the img sequence automatically once the new video was outputted.
    Hi William,
    Indeed the resize is ignored, we're going figure out why and fix that. PRORES4444 would roll out in the next updates as well as the sequence removal.
  • What about projects that are GPU required specifically VR Tools. My projects like this would crash Render Garden even with only two jobs running.
    Hi Stephen,
    We did not test those actually. Please send us a message at https://facebook.com/extrabitesoft so we could discuss this.
  • Wade Ha said:
    Looks wicked, but can this render across multiple machines (ie: Mac to PC) like other aerender options assuming the image sequence is rendering over the network to the same folder? (RenderBoss).
    This feature is going to be implemented in the next updates. We will notify the users about the network render.
  • I have switched to Render Garden since BG Renderer Pro fell by the wayside, and overall I really love it. Before I discovered Garden, I used BG Renderer/Pro for many years, so I'm certainly a fan and want to support your efforts, but can you clarify if there are any specific benefits to using BG Renderer Max vs Render Garden? Some of the interface looks nice, and the notifications are good (Prowl support would be nice!). Anything else? Thank you.
  • Great plugin!! ... but a little bit pricey for what it does > or what it's missing.

So some feature requests:
    - Render with audio> Oar am I missing something?!?
    - Auto-remove render files > only keep compiled render file
    - Move compiled render file to output directory> Like Render garden, so one directory for the render files and an other for the compiled render file.

• Great plugin!! ... but a little bit pricey for what it does > or what it's missing.

So some feature requests:
    - Render with audio> Oar am I missing something?!?
    - Auto-remove render files > only keep compiled render file
    - Move compiled render file to output directory> Like Render garden, so one directory for the render files and an other for the compiled render file.

Hi Niel,

Rendering in multiprocessing mode with audio is a bit tricky, but it is on our roadmap
    Auto-remove files is going to be introduced a bit later as well as moving from render folder to another folder. 

Thank you for suggestions!
  • hi,
    does it works in ram preview ? or only for que render ?
  • Hi! Is there a video where I can see how the interface works? I'd love to set a my cores to work!
  • I want to be able to use this.... but the documentation says it wont render to exr files.  That is not a limitation of aerender.exe itself, but something you are preventing in your tool.  I need to be able to render to OpenExr files with DWAA compression in my workflow on heavy comps that would be worth spawning multiple aerender processes for.  I am not overly concerned about being able to automatically compile a video in FF-MPEG, if that is the reason for the limitation.  Can we have an override for people who only want an image sequence of exrs for output?
  • This extension seems great, but the fact that it will not multiprocess EXR sequences is a very big limitation. Will this option be added soon? Is there a reason you cannot choose any type of image sequence for multiprocessing? Does it tie in to the post-compiling of a movie file, because this is not always a necessary step. Thanks. 
  • 1) Can I add in more renders to the queue once rendering has started (ala media encoder)?
    2) Does BGRenderer show information like render time as it goes along or at least at the end of a render? 
  • RenderBoss dynamically adds or removes render instances/streams as needed. Will BG Renderer Max be getting this functionality?
  • John Bair said: This extension seems great, but the fact that it will not multiprocess EXR sequences is a very big limitation. Will this option be added soon? Is there a reason you cannot choose any type of image sequence for multiprocessing? Does it tie in to the post-compiling of a movie file, because this is not always a necessary step. Thanks. 

+1 to this. The first thing I tried when I demoed this was to try and benchmark a very render intensive comp that I usually comp-proxy to a DPX sequence. I was really disappointed and surprised that it
    doesn't actually render the "Sequence file format" "As in Render Queue", but rather as a default JPG sequence, which needless to say, is less than useful.
  • hi,
    does it works in ram preview ? or only for que render ?
    It works only for the render queue
  • Hi! Is there a video where I can see how the interface works? I'd love to set a my cores to work!
    Hi Sander,

You can find the tutorial video here: https://bgrenderer.com/about

• I want to be able to use this.... but the documentation says it wont render to exr files.  That is not a limitation of aerender.exe itself, but something you are preventing in your tool.  I need to be able to render to OpenExr files with DWAA compression in my workflow on heavy comps that would be worth spawning multiple aerender processes for.  I am not overly concerned about being able to automatically compile a video in FF-MPEG, if that is the reason for the limitation.  Can we have an override for people who only want an image sequence of exrs for output?
    Hi James,

We actually did not consider exr as a format from start not because we want to somehow artificially limit the BG Renderer functionality, but simply because neither we nor our beta testers used it in our workflow. I've added the request to our roadmap and we're going to implement this feature: https://trello.com/c/UxObvD1r/27-export-in-open-exr
  • John Bair said:
    This extension seems great, but the fact that it will not multiprocess EXR sequences is a very big limitation. Will this option be added soon? Is there a reason you cannot choose any type of image sequence for multiprocessing? Does it tie in to the post-compiling of a movie file, because this is not always a necessary step. Thanks. 
    Hi John,

We've added EXR to the roadmap and going to implement it in the upcoming releases: https://trello.com/c/UxObvD1r/27-export-in-open-exr
  • 1) Can I add in more renders to the queue once rendering has started (ala media encoder)?
    2) Does BGRenderer show information like render time as it goes along or at least at the end of a render? 
    Hi Andrzej,

1. Right now this is the most requested feature on our roadmap and we are going to implement it in the next releases: https://trello.com/c/GJWq5goY/10-add-items-to-the-bgr-render-queue-while-the-render-is-in-progress
    2. Next update will receive more information like that on the Render Queue. Right now you can send yourself an email or slack message with the render time for each item.
  • Wade Ha said:
    RenderBoss dynamically adds or removes render instances/streams as needed. Will BG Renderer Max be getting this functionality?
    Hi Wade,
    We are considering this option for future releases.
  • John Bair said:
    This extension seems great, but the fact that it will not multiprocess EXR sequences is a very big limitation. Will this option be added soon? Is there a reason you cannot choose any type of image sequence for multiprocessing? Does it tie in to the post-compiling of a movie file, because this is not always a necessary step. Thanks. 

+1 to this. The first thing I tried when I demoed this was to try and benchmark a very render intensive comp that I usually comp-proxy to a DPX sequence. I was really disappointed and surprised that it doesn't actually render the "Sequence file format" "As in Render Queue", but rather as a default JPG sequence, which needless to say, is less than useful. Hi Mel,

We've currently limited BG Renderer to JPG/PNG/TIFF (as described in http://bgrenderer.com/multiprocessing), but will add more to the mix.
  • Don't work( Not see any renders
  • Don't work( Not see any renders

Could you please open a support ticket? https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1398
  • John Bair said:
    A quick update! Nik was kind enough to reach out and let me test a beta of the next version which added support for multiprocessing EXR and DPX sequences. I tested it on several long shots, and I was able to easily render EXR sequences and dramatically reduce render times (4x with 8 cores). I think this is going to be a very useful extension. Many thanks for the quick response by the developers. 
  • Nik Ska said:
    I want to be able to use this.... but the documentation says it wont render to exr files.  That is not a limitation of aerender.exe itself, but something you are preventing in your tool.  I need to be able to render to OpenExr files with DWAA compression in my workflow on heavy comps that would be worth spawning multiple aerender processes for.  I am not overly concerned about being able to automatically compile a video in FF-MPEG, if that is the reason for the limitation.  Can we have an override for people who only want an image sequence of exrs for output?
    Hi James,

We actually did not consider exr as a format from start not because we want to somehow artificially limit the BG Renderer functionality, but simply because neither we nor our beta testers used it in our workflow. I've added the request to our roadmap and we're going to implement this feature: https://trello.com/c/UxObvD1r/27-export-in-open-exr
    Based on this upcoming feature, I purchased it because the rest of it works really well.
  • It renders 20 (out of 900) frames then stops and says it done and is missing frames? What gives? 
  • Opened a ticket. It doesn't output any files. Something is going on as I can tell the processor is working. Is there some other setting that I need to adjust?
    in AE , at the top it show it using the BGRenderer2 TMP area in appdata. Could the license code not be generating correctly for Max?
  • Just a question, I'm trying the trial:
    I have a i9 9920x 12 core/24 threads 3,5 ghz/4,5 ghz turbo. I noticed the plugin maximize the whole cpu power, it let me put till 24 streams, so it read logical cores, how many can I put maximum to let my pc run safely? thanks
  • Just a question, I'm trying the trial:
    I have a i9 9920x 12 core/24 threads 3,5 ghz/4,5 ghz turbo. I noticed the plugin maximize the whole cpu power, it let me put till 24 streams, so it read logical cores, how many can I put maximum to let my pc run safely? thanks
    Hi Giuseppe,

Based on our testing experience, the real limit is the amount of RAM and not the cores/threads. For lighter renders we recommend maximum 0.8*threads and for heavier ones, 0.4-0.5*threads.
  • Nik Ska said:
    Just a question, I'm trying the trial:
    Hi Giuseppe,

Based on our testing experience, the real limit is the amount of RAM and not the cores/threads. For lighter renders we recommend maximum 0.8*threads and for heavier ones, 0.4-0.5*threads.
    thanks tor the reply. I'm not sure to have understood properly, I have 64 gb of Ram so how will be the value I should select of those 24 the plugin show me? As lighter render you mean fast/short render? thanks a lot!
  • I really want to like this product. I'm currently working on a project for a large format video wall with a comp size of 9168x1152. It flawlessly output a 3600 frame tiff sequence in about 2 1/2 hours.. which is a very significant time savings, but my problem comes in the post render actions. I need to wrap my master files up into a HAP file so that they can be played back on an E2. I use Aftercodecs to accomplish this. In order for me to get HAP I have to re-import the tiff sequence back into AE and render a second time into HAP.. I'm still saving time in the long run, but it's a somewhat frustrating workflow, especially considering that the 2nd render into HAP is not accelerated, so it adds another 45 mins or so to the process. Any thoughts on this?
  • I really want to like this product. I'm currently working on a project for a large format video wall with a comp size of 9168x1152. It flawlessly output a 3600 frame tiff sequence in about 2 1/2 hours.. which is a very significant time savings, but my problem comes in the post render actions. I need to wrap my master files up into a HAP file so that they can be played back on an E2. I use Aftercodecs to accomplish this. In order for me to get HAP I have to re-import the tiff sequence back into AE and render a second time into HAP.. I'm still saving time in the long run, but it's a somewhat frustrating workflow, especially considering that the 2nd render into HAP is not accelerated, so it adds another 45 mins or so to the process. Any thoughts on this?
    Hi Daniel,

We are going to add FFMPEG action in the upcoming releases so you could write custom commands.
    We also hope to bring integration with After Codecs in the future so you won't have to write commands manually.
  • Does the script work with multi-machine settings - like the previous version? If so which and how many licenses do I need to be able to render on 3 computers at the same time?

One more question, is it possible to run after render windows command line app like in the previous version?