• Oh wow, what kind of sorcery we have here!?
  • Cool tool! 

Would be cool if this would work also with custom plugins and their keyframes. I tried to make this work with layers containing some plugins, but it didnt seem to work.
  • Oh wow, what kind of sorcery we have here!?
    Hi Saul, not sorcery but a lot of math :)
  • Cool tool! 

Would be cool if this would work also with custom plugins and their keyframes. I tried to make this work with layers containing some plugins, but it didnt seem to work.
    Hi Miika
    I know, it would be really wonderful! There are 2 main reasons why effects and plugins are not supported:

1) many effects properties values are calibrated on original layers sizes by the user, as most of distort effects, for example. So, if you try to apply stored effects on layers with different sizes, the result could be a real mess.
    The only way would be to write code for each effect, which would require an impossible developing time.

2) some effects and plugins require the user to choose reference layers (example: displacement map). Motioneer can't guess the reference layer when it applies the effect.

For these reasons, just now Motioneer will stick to motion, but if you have any further suggestions to improve the script, I'm here :)
  • Would you do a Bundle pack for your 3 tools? Thanks
    Hi Chris
    yeah, I'm working on it... I'll let you know ASAP, but soon :)

Hi Chris
    yeah, I'm working on it... I'll let you know ASAP, but soon :)
    Will hold fire until its ready then! Thanks
  • Hi Marco,

the script / it's functionality looks really great! Originating from / adding to the current value and being comp adaptive - very cool.
    As I usually work with shape layers and text and like / need to access their properties straight within the comp - any chance to apply Motioneer in a future update to those layers itself, without the need of precomposing them first? That would be fantastic.

Thanks, Lars.
  • Hi Lars,
    thank you for your comment. Motioneer took a lot of coding and beta testing time, I'm really glad you like it :)
    Unfortunately, text and shapes, unlike normal layers, are not absolute elements in AE comps, so the only way to force them to work well is to precompose. I'll look into it, and if I'll find a way, i'll try to make all their properties work properly with Motioneer, but to be honest, I'm not confident, sorry.

Cheers
    MArco
  • Thanks for your reply!
    Well, I could use helper/temporary objects in the meanwhile to create offset animations and copy the keys to the shape / text layers.

// Edit - somehow one line didn't make it into the comment - trying again:
    Another question while playing with the demo: Will seperated dimensions be supported soon? Thanks.

• Hi Lars,
    well, in my plans there is separated dimensions support, but it requires a complete script functions overhault, because of the way AE manage it, so, not anytime soon.
  • Can I disproportionally scale lines without distorting the actual stroke with this plugin?
  • Can I disproportionally scale lines without distorting the actual stroke with this plugin?
    Hi Kelson
    can you provide more info please? I don't understand what you mean, sorry

• click the "edit selected layer motion path" button, not showing the control layer
  • song meng said:
    click the "edit selected layer motion path" button, not showing the control layer
    Hello Song, it's the first time this error is reported. Can you open a support ticket and attach the project file please?
  • Hey Marco,
    Great concept with tool but when I tried the trial version to check before purchasing. Unfortunately it doesnt work at all. I selected keyframe copy or save selected animation it doesnt work. It turns off the visibility of the layer I am applying the copied keyframe to. And secondly no keyframes were pasted.

Could you help me on that.

mayank