• Hi - does geolayers offer any functionality that would be useful for someone creating their own fantasy maps -or is this just for people looking to capture real world data and turn them into maps? Many 3d programs allow you to export terrain maps. Was wondering what geolayers could do with such data.Thanks.

Hello Robert, I think the usecase for GEOlayers is to bring real world mapdata directly to after effects. What do you have in mind, what are you looking for? GEOlayers could connect to any wmts server available and the data could be real world or phantasy, as long as the coordinates system matches to real world data. Hope that helps a bit. Cheers Nico
  • Hi, can the maptile attribution be done as as credit roll at the end of a program rather than on the maptile visual itself?
  • Can you help me understand the Floating Server License?  
    Does that mean it needs to live on a server?  

Or is this just the option to allow multiple liceneses for people in one workplace?
    If so, is there a limit to the amount of people that can be using it?

• Can you help me understand the Floating Server License?  
    Does that mean it needs to live on a server?  

Or is this just the option to allow multiple liceneses for people in one workplace?
    If so, is there a limit to the amount of people that can be using it?

Regardless of the license type, only one user can use a license at a time but a "floating" license can be requested from the floating lciense server from any machine.  Please read the FAQ's: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/floating-license-faq/
  • Is it possible to upgrade from the single user version to a floating license?
  • Is it possible to upgrade from the single user version to a floating license?
    Yes, please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=894
  • Hi, 
    Is there a way to specify which comp a new feature gets placed in? 
    I have many individual feature comps linked to a main control comp, which then recombine for the final render... so most of the comps are empty except for one or two things. For instance, I might want to draw an outline of France in a particular comp (which doesn't have a server profile, since it ONLY wants this outline)... but then when I press 'draw feature' the feature is drawn in a random place, no matter what comp I have selected in the timeline, project panel or GeoLayers panel.

Thanks in advance,
    Sam
  • Hello,
    Vimeo is showing a getting-started tutorial for GeoLayers 3, posted one day ago. Unfortunately no mention when this version will be available and no mention here on aescripts.  Curious where we can found out more.
  • Also interested if there is more information about GEOlayers 3 which was shown on the vimeo account (https://vimeo.com/352731294). Was interested in getting the plugin but wanted to know if the new version will be released soon or if there will be an automatic upgrade.
  • help! I seem to have somehow broken my mapcomp because it no longer reflects changes in its latitude/longitude/zoom keyframes?? When I first made the mapcomp I could use these to move around the map, but now if I change the numeric values nothing happens to the map. And if I use the navigation arrows to move the map, no new keyframes appear... 

I've tried soloing the main mapcomp and also finalizing it over and over to try to get it to relink somehow. 

I've done a lot of animation on top of this map and dont want to start over but every time I try to make a complex sequence something like this breaks and I dont know why... last time it was something to do with the Land Mask Mapcomp I had made, I started seeing these blacked out tiles all over the place and then when I remade the sequence with no Land Mask Mapcomps I think I might have avoided that problem. Instead of using Land Mask mapcomps I just duplicated the original mapcomp and used that for a luma mask because my map is black and white. Maybe its the duplicate mapcomps that are causing problems somehow?? Or is it because I'm using the trial version? 

I'd really love to be congratulatory about this program and go ahead and buy it (because it's doing some pretty amazing things!) but I run into so many weird glitches and there is no real support to try to troubleshoot... 
  • Looking import vector data of major rivers around the world.
    How can I go about downloading the rivers as shape or vector layers, similar to road information?

Thanks in advance,
  • Hi, can somebody tell me which map is being used on the image for the "Default Label Templates Project"? This map looks great. It is a black and white map. 
  • Hello - i wan to use a preset, but geolayers tells me i have a missing plugin. It is "Mir" from Redgiant. The thing is - i have "Mir3" installed - any chance to replace to "mir" effect with "mir3"?
  • is it possible to use geolayer 2 on after 2021 ?