• This latest version of Stardust has totally changed the game - absolutely incredible possibilities, right inside After Effects! 
    Roland Hartmann's Stardust tutorials are a great way to get to know it. And the gurus at Superluminal are truly geniuses for their work on this - well done!
  • When will dynamics simulation be available on PC?
  • Lou Ruiz said:

Hi,

How do I go about hiding the collider (Model in this case)? I'm trying to add a blur and simple choker, like you do with Newton; to make my particles look like liquid. Am I going about this the right way? ...or is that technique mostly for vectors?

Please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • When will dynamics simulation be available on PC?

It's available now :)
  • Hi,

What is the correct way to unistall Stardust if i want to change my PC/Mac ?
  • I love this particle system! A request please: Can the 'Model' node also be set up to connect to the 'Emitter' instead of using the sparse model options on the 'Emitter' node? I would like to be able to take advantage of the larger toolset on the 'Model' node for 3D emitters. Specifically, hiding parts of the model, and looping OBJ sequences. Additionally, I would love to be able to set the frame rate for OBJ sequences, rather than assuming they run at the comp's frame rate. Thank you!
  • Does the demo mode not include the Physical Node? Downloaded demo last week but no physical node...?
  • Does the demo mode not include the Physical Node? Downloaded demo last week but no physical node...?

The demo is the same as the full version except for the watermark. Make sure you are using the latest version and open a support ticket if you need one on one assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • the colliders that I've made recently work great but I can't seem to figure out how to change the color of colliders to any color but WHITE.  Thought I could tie a material node to my model node which ties to a physical node.  doesn't seem to change anything no matter which order I do things in.  Is there something I'm missing?
  • the colliders that I've made recently work great but I can't seem to figure out how to change the color of colliders to any color but WHITE.  Thought I could tie a material node to my model node which ties to a physical node.  doesn't seem to change anything no matter which order I do things in.  Is there something I'm missing?

• I think there should be a lot more tutorials then their is now.
    Especially with this new version.
  • I think there should be a lot more tutorials then their is now.

Especially with this new version.
  • I've downloaded the trial version and I could have sworn I saw or heard in the video that the physics effects were GPU accelerated. There's not a peep out of my GPU when I'm running even a simple simulation.
  • Just came to say this particle system is ridiculously good! So flexible and powerful. For the price I don't know who's going to buy Particular (and or) Form instead of Stardust. 

Great work guys, please keep it up! 
  • Hey everyone. I'm having an issue where when I try to drag bezier handles of particle size over life, specifically when I drag a point down to the bottom of the graph, After Effects freezes up and never comes back to life. Anyone else have this issue? How do I add/delete points from that graph? Thank you in advance.
  • Hey everyone. I'm having an issue where when I try to drag bezier handles of particle size over life, specifically when I drag a point down to the bottom of the graph, After Effects freezes up and never comes back to life. Anyone else have this issue? How do I add/delete points from that graph? Thank you in advance.

• Any word on AE CC 2019?
  • Any word on AE CC 2019?
    We will release an update soon. You can copy or link the Stardust folder in the AE plugins folder from the older version .
  • I dowloaded the trial version, but everytime i try to use it, or apply a preset, ig gives me an error "object cannot be null" ... is it because it is a trial?
  • are these guys still replying in here?
  • are these guys still replying in here?

If you need technical assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I'm trying to install my licensed copy but when the installer runs the "select components to install" window is empty. Running Windows 10 64bit
  • I'm trying to install my licensed copy but when the installer runs the "select components to install" window is empty. Running Windows 10 64bit
    If you need technical assistance please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I just tried the trial version and I'm really impressed. Just curious on how many machines can the license be installed at the time. Or how easy is it to deactivate/reactivate between machines. A lot of us own both a desktop workstation and a laptop nowadays and I wish more developers allowed us to activate licenses on two machines, like Adobe does with Creative Cloud, even if they can't be run at the same time. 
  • I just tried the trial version and I'm really impressed. Just curious on how many machines can the license be installed at the time. Or how easy is it to deactivate/reactivate between machines. A lot of us own both a desktop workstation and a laptop nowadays and I wish more developers allowed us to activate licenses on two machines, like Adobe does with Creative Cloud, even if they can't be run at the same time. 
    You can install it on both machines as long as you don't run it at the same time.
  • You can install it on both machines as long as you don't run it at the same time.
    Wonderful! Definitely getting this as soon as I can.  Thanks for the quick reply.
  • Can stardust use externally downloaded .obj files ? 
  • Can stardust use externally downloaded .obj files ? 

yes definitely!
  • hi there, I just walked through this chat, but I couldn't find an answer.
    i have an 3d object (obj), simply a tree without leaves and the particle animation should
    only be inside the object, but also colliding with the 'walls', like the attached picture.
    can anybody help me how it works or show me a helping tutorial how to put particles inside an object,
    I couldn't find any.

thanks a lot :)
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-11-30 um 21.20.05.png
    626 x 624 - 681K

i have an 3d object (obj), simply a tree without leaves and the particle animation should
    only be inside the object, but also colliding with the 'walls', like the attached picture.
    can anybody help me how it works or show me a helping tutorial how to put particles inside an object,
    I couldn't find any.

please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    I couldn't find any.

please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
    Stardust 1.3.1 makes with the current version of AECC2019 weird things, especially the physics - rolling over to cc2018 didn't make a difference. I achieved the mentioned effects, try just to go from the presets / choose the physics animation and build it from there modifying the certain nodes.

I tried this with a cup and balls falling into it, everything went well until I animated the cup, some of the particles didn't behave as it should be, then the whole physics-engine stopped to work, so I can'T demonstrate this. As the cup wasn't animated everything went well - so far.
  • Also having difficulties with the physics and collisions features.  Have been talking with Aharon and making some progress but it is a little inconsistent on complex projects.  Will post back as I am able to figure it out.  They are very helpful and the plugin is amazing, just a bit inconsistent and glitchy in this area so far.
  • Would  be lovely when the emitter is set to grid the grid, the grid properties>size>Grid X,,Grid Y, Grid Z settings would be accessible to expressions. Right now I'm working on a sort of mosaic effect and the only way to change these settings is by hand, which is a bit of a hassle.
  • If you're having registration problems, your name in stardust is case sensitive. Specifically, it must match what you have listed in the Info field of your stardust license. Took this dunce way too long to figure it out.
  • Will a tutorial for 1.4 be forthcoming?
  • Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldnt find it. I work as a freelancer - I'm having to go into a studio and work from their offices. Can I deactivate my machine to use my license of the plugin on their machines and then reverse this change?

Also great plugin really enjoying it so far.

• How to update to latest version? I Have version 1.3 now. 

Thank you!
  • How to update to latest version? I Have version 1.3 now. 

Thank you!
    How to upgrade to the latest version
  • Do the stardust physics properties work with 2D setups? I'm trying to fill a circle with particles that collide with each other as they fall.
  • Where do I find the Verification code so that I can activate my license? It does not populate and I have matched my registration name and serial as instructed. Thanks!
  • Where do I find the Verification code so that I can activate my license? It does not populate and I have matched my registration name and serial as instructed. Thanks!
    Please refer to the FAQ: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/stardust-faq/

• Is it possible to emit auxiliary particles on collision? Have not been able to find any info on this. Thanks in advance!
  • I just wanted to provides some input in regards to AE 2020. The plugin still works, but I get error messages related to the GPU when doing RAM previews and it forces AE to change the project to software only. On export, a number of error messages are generated in the log. The effect still renders, but it just creates a lot of error messages. 
  • I just wanted to provides some input in regards to AE 2020. The plugin still works, but I get error messages related to the GPU when doing RAM previews and it forces AE to change the project to software only. On export, a number of error messages are generated in the log. The effect still renders, but it just creates a lot of error messages. 
    Could you please open a support ticket and send us some more info https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Do the stardust physics properties work with 2D setups? I'm trying to fill a circle with particles that collide with each other as they fall.

From what I've seen, I think you can do that with minimal effort. In the physics tutorial there's a section that might be useful: https://youtu.be/sbGas-wCJho?t=1058  (Stardust Physics Tutorial by Roland Hartmann)

• Sorry for the false alarm. I found the problem to be a different source.

Kevin

I just wanted to provides some input in regards to AE 2020. The plugin still works, but I get error messages related to the GPU when doing RAM previews and it forces AE to change the project to software only. On export, a number of error messages are generated in the log. The effect still renders, but it just creates a lot of error messages. 

• Hello,

I'm on the fence investing either in "Red Giant's Particular" or "Stardust". I have trialed "Particular" to try and replicate the effects in this piano falling note video (but was unsuccessful): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIboeVN58nM

Does anyone have an idea of what program was used in the video link above? If it is confirmed to be "Stardust", I will buy instantly. 

Thank you in advance,
    Nikolas
  • Hi Superluminal,

does Stardust completely work together with the VR setup in After Effects or are there limitations?

Thanks,
    Bob
  • Bonjour,

Je viens d'installer la version d'essai mais au moment d'ouvrir after effects cc 2020, sur la rubrique effet / starluminal/ stardust, il n'y a pas de panneau de configuration pour apporter des effets... l'installation c'est bien fait (ou du moins je le pense) (peu de fichier dans le plugins pour info) avez-vous une solutions à ça?
  • Bonjour, Je viens d'installer la version d'essai mais au moment d'ouvrir after effects cc 2020, sur la rubrique effet / starluminal/ stardust, il n'y a pas de panneau de configuration pour apporter des effets... l'installation c'est bien fait (ou du moins je le pense) (peu de fichier dans le plugins pour info) avez-vous une solutions à ça?

Please open a support ticket for technical assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&sku=SLS-SUL