• QM v2 is looking great Edgar! Nice work man. Really enjoying the new capabilities.

A quick feature request, when a new layer is created (by holding alt/option), could it please:
    - Be created above the currently selected layer (or at the top if nothing is selected)
    - Be set to Adjustment Layer by default (perhaps this could be optional in the preferences)

This would make the new feature MUCH more useful. Cheers and great work again!

• QM v2 is looking great Edgar! Nice work man. Really enjoying the new capabilities.

A quick feature request, when a new layer is created (by holding alt/option), could it please:
    - Be created above the currently selected layer (or at the top if nothing is selected)
    - Be set to Adjustment Layer by default (perhaps this could be optional in the preferences)

This would make the new feature MUCH more useful. Cheers and great work again!

Glad to know you are enjoying QM 2.0 and thanks for the kind words John, regarding the requests for sure they will be at the top in my request-list for the next update.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • I can't figure this thing out.  It sounds good but I'm testing the trial version and it's not working at all.  First, do I have to go to the scripts menu every time I want to bring up the window and choose trial, because the hotkeys don't seem to work at all?  If so, that blows.  Second, I can't move the thing.  It's glued to the center of the screen until I type something then it says it can't do that in the trial version and poof, it's gone.  I'm using CS6 so maybe that's the problem and when I hit the online user guide (https://aescripts.com/data/eh/QuickMenu2/) there's nothing there.  

Is this supposed to work like Nuke's tab and type function?  If so, I'm all for it, but I can't get it to work at all.
  • I can't figure this thing out.  It sounds good but I'm testing the trial version and it's not working at all.  First, do I have to go to the scripts menu every time I want to bring up the window and choose trial, because the hotkeys don't seem to work at all?  If so, that blows.  Second, I can't move the thing.  It's glued to the center of the screen until I type something then it says it can't do that in the trial version and poof, it's gone.  I'm using CS6 so maybe that's the problem and when I hit the online user guide (https://aescripts.com/data/eh/QuickMenu2/) there's nothing there.  

Is this supposed to work like Nuke's tab and type function?  If so, I'm all for it, but I can't get it to work at all.
    Hi Greg,

Can you please open a support ticket?
  • Cannot submit a support ticket right now, I will try to as soon as I can, but wanted to add that I have the same issue Greg Scribner described, in CC 2018.
  • Hi there !

Does it work with the french interface?
  • Hi there !

Does it work with the french interface?
    Hi Harlem,

Yes, it does. Please download the trial.
  • Hi Jason,

QM has more features like the ability to run Scripts , Menu Commands, Extensions and Expression Templates as well as the cool ability to autocreate a layer (Solid or Adjustment) when applying effects. Please take a look at it, you may like it and if not you've got the other option.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Any chance you'd be able to make this work with extensions too? Just a thought.
  • Any chance you'd be able to make this work with extensions too? Just a thought.

Hi Maxwell,

It already does. QM 2.1.1 is capable to launch Extensions, just add it in the Menu Commands Editor.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Incredible Script Edgar--Brilliant Work Indeed!  >>Quick Menu 2<< is super-simple to use and immediately takes the frustration and hassle out of so much time wasted navigating AE windows to find a function.  Alas, Quick Menu 2 is not meant to be visible all the time but just show up when you need it, therefore it stays locked in the middle of the screen...Then with ease one locates and selects the desired function and Quick Menu 2 disappears until needed again...To quickly retrieve Quick Menu 2 just assign it a keyboard shortcut--I personally selected Shift>Z...Within seconds of using Quick Menu 2 I quickly realized that this is a script that AE users absolutely cannot live without...Remember to click [Update] within Quick Menu 2 for it to recognize...Thank you so very much for providing a script that makes life with AE so much easier!
  • Any way to get this to work by installing it in the local users app data folder on windows. A lot of studios lock down the application folder, and it would be great to use it on freelance gigs. Current problem is that I can’t find a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to a script that is in the users app data folder.
  • Incredible Script Edgar--Brilliant Work Indeed!  >>Quick Menu 2<< is super-simple to use and immediately takes the frustration and hassle out of so much time wasted navigating AE windows to find a function.  Alas, Quick Menu 2 is not meant to be visible all the time but just show up when you need it, therefore it stays locked in the middle of the screen...Then with ease one locates and selects the desired function and Quick Menu 2 disappears until needed again...To quickly retrieve Quick Menu 2 just assign it a keyboard shortcut--I personally selected Shift>Z...Within seconds of using Quick Menu 2 I quickly realized that this is a script that AE users absolutely cannot live without...Remember to click [Update] within Quick Menu 2 for it to recognize...Thank you so very much for providing a script that makes life with AE so much easier!
    Thanks for the kind words Duane and glad to know that QM has been helpful, improving your AE workflow :) 
  • Fred Ross said:
    Any way to get this to work by installing it in the local users app data folder on windows. A lot of studios lock down the application folder, and it would be great to use it on freelance gigs. Current problem is that I can’t find a way to assign a keyboard shortcut to a script that is in the users app data folder.
    Hi Fred,

Can you please open a support ticket? We'll follow up there.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi Edgar, 
    I just updated to CC 2019 and I can't run Quick Menu. I get the following error

Is there a fix for this?
    Thanks!
  • Hi Edgar, 

I just updated to CC 2019 and I can't run Quick Menu. I get the following error

Is there a fix for this?
    Thanks!

Hi Yaniv,

Thanks for reporting it. And for everyone having the same problem I'll post a fix soon.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi everyone,

I just posted a QM update that fixes the issue reported by Yaniv. For everyone having the same problem please download the latest update (QM v2.1.2).

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi Edgar !

It seems to be an awesome script, congrats !
    However, I have a problem: When I run the script, the window pops but there's no top menu (Close button, QuickMenu Icon and preference button)
    So I can't access to pref to set the shortcut..
    I'm running AE CC2017 on Windows 10.
    Any idea?

Thanks!

Thibault
  • Hi Edgar !

It seems to be an awesome script, congrats !
    However, I have a problem: When I run the script, the window pops but there's no top menu (Close button, QuickMenu Icon and preference button)
    So I can't access to pref to set the shortcut..
    I'm running AE CC2017 on Windows 10.
    Any idea?

Thanks!

Thibault
    Hi Thibault, 

Sorry for the issue you're having with QM. Can you please open a support ticket? we'll follow up there.

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • Hi Edgar,

Testing the script as we speak and its awesome! I do have one question and couldn't find the answer in the support document.

I can see the option to remember the last command but is this limited to one command? I'd really like to be able to have a list of the say the last ten used commands that I could navigate too those so I don't always need to type them out.

I would also ask if its possible to have the Purge All command in the script?

Thanks
    Liam
  • Hi Edgar,

Testing the script as we speak and its awesome! I do have one question and couldn't find the answer in the support document.

I can see the option to remember the last command but is this limited to one command? I'd really like to be able to have a list of the say the last ten used commands that I could navigate too those so I don't always need to type them out.

I would also ask if its possible to have the Purge All command in the script?

Thanks
    Liam
    Hi Liam,

Thanks for giving QM a try. Now regarding your questions:

1. Unfortunately the current QM version is limited to only one command (the last one used) I'd already thought about adding support for more than one command but time constraints got in the way, but for sure I will implement it in a feature update.

2. If that command is available in one of the AE menus, the answear is, YES!!!  you can call it through QM. Taking a quick look at AE's menus I don't see it, where does it reside? or do you mean any of the following "All Memory & and Disk Cache...", "All Memory", "Undo" or "Image Cache Memory"

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi Edgar!

Amazing!!! It was the All Memory & Disk Cache. This is a game changer for me. You've saved the day! I was typing purge and of course nothing came up.

Completely understandable and something that would be great to see in the future!

Thanks again for your time.
    Liam

• Hi,
    whatever key I assign to QM it gives me "select output folder" instead of QM. 
    I tried various shortcuts. I'm on OSX 10.14.1, CC2017 
    Any ideas? Thanks You!
    val
  • Hi,
    whatever key I assign to QM it gives me "select output folder" instead of QM. 
    I tried various shortcuts. I'm on OSX 10.14.1, CC2017 
    Any ideas? Thanks You!
    val
    Hi Valentin,

Sorry for the issue you are having with QM. Can you please open a  support ticket? We'll follow up there. It would be great if you can send a screencast.

Thanks,
    Edgar

• Hats off to Edgar for creating a fantastic tool and more: I had an issue related to my specific machine and configuration. I opened a support ticket and he took on the troubleshooting until the problem was solved. Highly recommend Quick Menu 2!
  • I'd buy this if it had the favoriting/blacklist feature of fxconsole.
    Hi Barry,

Thanks for giving QM a try!  any suggestion to make QM a better tool is welcome

Cheers,
    Edgar.
    Hi Barry,

Thanks for giving QM a try!  any suggestion to make QM a better tool is welcome

Cheers,
    Edgar.
    The thing I like about Quick Menu is that you can access the Menu commands, which fx console can't do. If it only that the favorite/blacklist feature...
  • I went from finding out about this tool to using the trial to buying it in a matter of hours. Incredible plugin.

Anyone know of any similar products for other software or a general program that allows for customization?

It's hard to go back to other software without Quick Menu! :)
  • Hi, I just downloaded the trial. After Effects crash. I deleted ALL the prefs, still nothing. A greyed after effects. Is that normal ? I tried it with CC2018 and CC2019 still the same. I usually use djcommander,n but I <wanted to give it a try before maybe buying it. For now it's not convincing
  • Hi, I just downloaded the trial. After Effects crash. I deleted ALL the prefs, still nothing. A greyed after effects. Is that normal ? I tried it with CC2018 and CC2019 still the same. I usually use djcommander,n but I <wanted to give it a try before maybe buying it. For now it's not convincing
    Hi Xavier,

Sorry for the issue you are having with QM. And definetely that's not normal. Would please open a support ticket? and I'd really appreciate if you could send me a screencast of the problem.

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • After Effects menu items arent showing up in quick menu anymore :( how do I fix this?
  • After Effects menu items arent showing up in quick menu anymore :( how do I fix this?
    Hi Pierce,

Please make sure this feature is enabled in Settings Window. If that doesn't fix the problem please open a  support ticket.

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • Helo Edgar... I used AE 2019 and i tried QM trial... When i installed, QM said for AE 2018 and above must used new "Keyboard Shortcut "editor... and i have no clue to fix this... can u help me? thank :)
  • Helo Edgar... I used AE 2019 and i tried QM trial... When i installed, QM said for AE 2018 and above must used new "Keyboard Shortcut "editor... and i have no clue to fix this... can u help me? thank :)
    Hi Gnwn,

Of course! :) But please open a support ticket. we'll folow up there.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Hi man, I just try the tool was expecting to buy it immediately as I need it now.
    But the windows menu cannot dock to any tab like other plug in, and I can't even move to windows its just stuck, is this normal?

The QM is working fine, only that the menu are not working normal I think.

Please advise.

• Hi man, I just try the tool was expecting to buy it immediately as I need it now.
    But the windows menu cannot dock to any tab like other plug in, and I can't even move to windows its just stuck, is this normal?

The QM is working fine, only that the menu are not working normal I think.

Please advise.

Hi m yudha eka prastya,

No that's normal. You know, QM is meant to be visible only when it's needed so it doesn't take any real state, that's why you should assign a shortcut to it to make it visible when you need it. I'm sure that once you get the hang of it you'lI undestand why it was designed that way. 

If you need any more help with the QM's workflow please open a support ticket and we'll follow up there, I'm more than happy to answear any question you might have.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Been trying to use version 2.1.2 with cc2019 and getting this error
    https://i.imgur.com/3ikF1y0.png ;
    Any thoughts?

• Been trying to use version 2.1.2 with cc2019 and getting this error
    https://i.imgur.com/3ikF1y0.png ;
    Any thoughts?

Hi Ryan;

Sorry for the issue you are having with QM. Can you please open a support ticket and we'll follow up there.

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • Would love to see this for Premiere Pro

• Would love to see this for Premiere Pro
    Hi John,

I already thought about it and been working on it. Since it has to be developed as a CEP PANEL, it's gonna take some time though.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Is it working on After Effects cc2020?
  • its not.. its giving an error
    its not.. its giving an error
    Yes it does, just make sure you are using the latest QM update.

Cheers,
    Edgar

Cheers,
    Edgar
    I was wondering the same since 2.1.2 was giving an error, and i can't work without QM anymore. But luckily 2.1.3 works fine in 2020. Thats great, thanks! 

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Bought it. Indispensable tool! 
  • Hi Edgar, I use both Quick menu and AEViewer, both great extensions that i use every 5 minutes when in AE.
    I have an issue though, the expression templates. In AEViewer, file extensions for template are named .expr, but in Quick Menu they are .exp.
    Any ways that you guys agree on something and/or to be able to manually change which file extension to look for in QM ?
    Thanks!

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Hi Edgar,

Love Quick Menu! Although unfortunately despite having the latest version of QM installed (2.1.3)  - when I try running it in After Effects 2020, it gives me this error:

"An error ocurred while trying to run Quick Menu in the current After Effects version.

REPORT:

Version : 17.0.4x59

Language : en_US

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Hi Edgar,

Love Quick Menu! Although unfortunately despite having the latest version of QM installed (2.1.3)  - when I try running it in After Effects 2020, it gives me this error:

"An error ocurred while trying to run Quick Menu in the current After Effects version.

REPORT:

Version : 17.0.4x59

Language : en_US

Any ideas?

Hi francis,

Sorry for the issue you are having with QM. Can you please open a support ticket and we'll follow up there.

Thanks,
    Edgar