Transfusion - Style Transfer Suite

• imageTransfusion - Style Transfer Suite

Transfusion aims to make Style Transfer more accessible by porting it to After Effects. It's the first tool that makes AI (Artificial Intelligence) Style Transfer available for any motion designers and video editors. Now available for Mac and Windows.

https://aescripts.com/transfusion/

• Are you considering adding GPU acceleration in the future?
    Hi Philip ! Yes, we are :)

first off, massive thanks for this (purchased it as soon as it got released, months ago) 
       What I believe is really needed though, is much more control over the process. The GPU acceleration 'is' undoubtedly an issue, however, you just have to start exposing at least some basic hyperparametres, otherwise Transfusion won't be of much serious use to anyone but the insta-hobbyists.
    I honestly wouldn't mind being charged for an upgrade.
      now, now...  if it ain't too rude to ask... what is Transfusion's backend ? Stylarender, that 'other' (albeit ill-fated attempt) was based on a minimal tf-gpu install (Py2.7 environment, if I remember correctly). It very soon bombed, however, due to a avalanche of broken and/or missing dependencies. this developer, however, apart from pushing the data on the GPU, had also left many more juicy hyperparams exposed in the GUI, thus making the plugin incredibly alluring. 

***  Another thought, of course,  would be to leave it as is (GPU acceleration + perhaps implement MRF loss as well ? ... dunno ..) and most importantly ...  share/ hint towards at least 'some' advice as to how the (password protected trx) models are trained and (probably) compressed (?)  ... I mean ... pretty .. pretty please ???  ***
        I would much rather deal with the massive wait times (locally) if I were to obtain the quality of results that you fast algorithm produces .

All of the above came about after extreme frustration with your arbitrary transfer implementation - as expected, no matter what one does, the results can never come close to the quality of your pre-trained models ...)
       nuff said.. this has all been a tad too much blah on my behalf so ... apologies, and once again, hats off for making this work (and it, in deed, 'is' so incredibly stable. truly, professionally done.

lest I forget ...this recent "Start from previous frame" trick... !  well it certainly is no OF, yet, it is an incredibly clever fix in its admirable simplicity ! thank you ;-)

first off, massive thanks for this (purchased it as soon as it got released, months ago) 
       What I believe is really needed though, is much more control over the process. The GPU acceleration 'is' undoubtedly an issue, however, you just have to start exposing at least some basic hyperparametres, otherwise Transfusion won't be of much serious use to anyone but the insta-hobbyists.
    I honestly wouldn't mind being charged for an upgrade.
      now, now...  if it ain't too rude to ask... what is Transfusion's backend ? Stylarender, that 'other' (albeit ill-fated attempt) was based on a minimal tf-gpu install (Py2.7 environment, if I remember correctly). It very soon bombed, however, due to a avalanche of broken and/or missing dependencies. this developer, however, apart from pushing the data on the GPU, had also left many more juicy hyperparams exposed in the GUI, thus making the plugin incredibly alluring. 

***  Another thought, of course,  would be to leave it as is (GPU acceleration + perhaps implement MRF loss as well ? ... dunno ..) and most importantly ...  share/ hint towards at least 'some' advice as to how the (password protected trx) models are trained and (probably) compressed (?)  ... I mean ... pretty .. pretty please ???  ***
        I would much rather deal with the massive wait times (locally) if I were to obtain the quality of results that you fast algorithm produces .

All of the above came about after extreme frustration with your arbitrary transfer implementation - as expected, no matter what one does, the results can never come close to the quality of your pre-trained models ...)
       nuff said.. this has all been a tad too much blah on my behalf so ... apologies, and once again, hats off for making this work (and it, in deed, 'is' so incredibly stable. truly, professionally done.

lest I forget ...this recent "Start from previous frame" trick... !  well it certainly is no OF, yet, it is an incredibly clever fix in its admirable simplicity ! thank you ;-)
    Hey :)
    Thanks for all the kind words, we did put a year-long effort before being able to release it and i'm very pleased to see that you recognize this effort.

But as you mention, we're not done yet !! Still so much to do in that field. As our goal was to release a stable tool to allow people to play with Style Transfer, this now has to continue to grow in a more professional and versatile solution, your thoughts on that are all on-point and part of our roadmap. We want to focus on delivering a usable, well-made tool that runs locally and doesn't require sending frames to a cloud server or something, so this is why choices have been made that explains why there is - for now - not as many UI controls as we know it could be. We're still continuing developing this product as hard as before we released it so you can expect updates with more and more controls over time. 

Thanks again for your constructive feedback, it helps ! 
    Gab

• thanks for replying Gab,

trust me, I can definitely imagine the chaos that you lot had to withstand. I know how messy such an endeavour is.
    I'm very happy to see that you are on this at such a rate (well, judging from the frequency of the updates at least!).
    As you already mentioned, being able to run video-nst hassle-free in a singular and streamlined process locally (via GUI + inside of AE) is exactly what really got me so excited, as I would no longer have to keep moving back & forth from Linux to Win a dozen times per day ... Massive potential for convenience with your plugin :-)
    I understand that you must also be using tf (? - well, each implementation has its own distinctive look I believe - I wish it were all done with torch though.. heh..) Now, if this is indeed the prospect of a GPU port must really feel like hell (as the cpu version weighs close to an 8th of that of the gpu variant ...) .. are your models compressed ckpt files ? (I can't obviously unlock the trx's to peek inside the data... heh)
    Well, that is to say ... would you please consider releasing any sort of info or advice regarding training ? I'm already doing this (coco/VGG19) for over a couple of years and it'd be fantastic if I were able to prep bespoke models for use within Transfusion in AE ... well ... you obviously have been in this position so you must understand the excitement (and the angst) !

in any case I am looking forward to any further enhancements (logging in here every day for months now just to check for updates ... heh..)  and once again, thank you kindly for the groundbreaking work you've done here. anyone who's ever messed with nn's can certainly appreciate your effort.
  • thanks for replying Gab,

trust me, I can definitely imagine the chaos that you lot had to withstand. I know how messy such an endeavour is.
    I'm very happy to see that you are on this at such a rate (well, judging from the frequency of the updates at least!).
    As you already mentioned, being able to run video-nst hassle-free in a singular and streamlined process locally (via GUI + inside of AE) is exactly what really got me so excited, as I would no longer have to keep moving back & forth from Linux to Win a dozen times per day ... Massive potential for convenience with your plugin :-)
    I understand that you must also be using tf (? - well, each implementation has its own distinctive look I believe - I wish it were all done with torch though.. heh..) Now, if this is indeed the prospect of a GPU port must really feel like hell (as the cpu version weighs close to an 8th of that of the gpu variant ...) .. are your models compressed ckpt files ? (I can't obviously unlock the trx's to peek inside the data... heh)
    Well, that is to say ... would you please consider releasing any sort of info or advice regarding training ? I'm already doing this (coco/VGG19) for over a couple of years and it'd be fantastic if I were able to prep bespoke models for use within Transfusion in AE ... well ... you obviously have been in this position so you must understand the excitement (and the angst) !

in any case I am looking forward to any further enhancements (logging in here every day for months now just to check for updates ... heh..)  and once again, thank you kindly for the groundbreaking work you've done here. anyone who's ever messed with nn's can certainly appreciate your effort.
    Hi Palmer! check your mails :)
  • and you sir, have new mail ;-)
  • I'm getting a lot of crashing in AE CC 2019 with the Styles plugin. Have tried a clean project but it still goes down specially after restarting the software.

It's a big frame which should understandably take time...but definitely not crash the software.

It pretty much insta crashes when it loads and renders a frame in the comp.

Running on Mac Pro 2013.

Transfusion Version 1.4.0
  • I'm getting a lot of crashing in AE CC 2019 with the Styles plugin. Have tried a clean project but it still goes down specially after restarting the software.

It's a big frame which should understandably take time...but definitely not crash the software.

It pretty much insta crashes when it loads and renders a frame in the comp.

Running on Mac Pro 2013.

Transfusion Version 1.4.0
    Hi Ingi,
    you're right, resolution shouldn't crash the software. Especially that AI computing happens in background at a fixed resolution so it shouldn't matter. Please open a support ticket so I can help you with this: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1225
    Thanks
  • First time commenting on these boards, and doing so to say NICE JOB and thanks very much for the work you're doing with this plugin.  It's a dream come true, it is!
    I second the request for some means of creating our own TRX files (or perhaps even a service that would create them from user-supplied material?  But then, I have NO idea how complex a process that is, so ...).   Thanks again & thanks! 
  • I absolutely dig this plugin. The recent update has definitely created a smoother workflow for the recent music video I completed. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. Oh yeah, any chance on ramping up the available styles?

• I absolutely dig this plugin. The recent update has definitely created a smoother workflow for the recent music video I completed. Please take a look and let me know your thoughts. Oh yeah, any chance on ramping up the available styles?

Hey Jason! Thanks so much for sharing :D And yes you can expect new styles in the next weeks ;)
  • the html package in the 1.51 update opens a youtube video for pixelsorter 2
  • Great work on this plug-in. I used it to make a 360 VR music video and am thrilled with the results. I will have to play with the settings a bit to become more familiar with how the noise reductions work and what the "Start from last frame" settings do but this already turned out very nice.

I had to paint out the seam issue on the natural seem since the lat-long boarders were not accommodating for this work flow. Totally not a big deal though.

I am looking forward to GPU acceleration, this took a total of almost 100 hours to render.

• Awesome plugin, GPU acceleration would be fantastic. Also, I just found a sort of similar tool for images online, but what it does is upscale low res images using AI: https://letsenhance.io. I think it would be really cool to have a style similar to what it looks like when upscaling a low-res image, as I just did that with a picture of a person and it ended up giving him a sinister smile.
  • Hello, might be a silly question, but how do you upgrade??
    I have version 1.4 and want to upgrade to 1.5 but I see nowhere how to upgrade.

thanks 
  • Hello, might be a silly question, but how do you upgrade??
    I have version 1.4 and want to upgrade to 1.5 but I see nowhere how to upgrade.

thanks 
    Hi ! Just download it again from this page or from your account page. You can also subscribe to notifications of new versions in your aescripts account page for future updates.
    Gab
  • Just tried to install 1.6 to use GPU mode on my Alienware m17 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 with Max-Q Design
    and it told me that I didn't have a compatible GPU.
  • Just tried to install 1.6 to use GPU mode on my Alienware m17 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 with Max-Q Design
    and it told me that I didn't have a compatible GPU.
    Hi Tyler! Can you open a support ticket, i'll send you a link to a GPU version that installs anyway, then we see if it solves it. https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1225
    Thanks
  • Please help! For some reason there is no "browse" option when I try to use the Transfusion Styles plugin. It shows me the buttons for "Get Help" and "Open Gallery" but there is no button for "Browse" 

Thank you! 
  • Ali Said said:
    Please help! For some reason there is no "browse" option when I try to use the Transfusion Styles plugin. It shows me the buttons for "Get Help" and "Open Gallery" but there is no button for "Browse" 

Thank you! 
    Hi! Since version 1.5 there is a new method for importing styles:
  • Any plans to get the GPU mode compatible with AMD and openCL?
  • I was excited to see GPU acceleration now available, but was disappointed when I realized it didn't work with latest version of windows 10 and a 2080 ti with latest nvidia drivers and cuda. So which gpus are compatible then? Why isn't my gpu compatible? Cuda is working in all applications like Octane Redshift etc,. What do I need to do to get it working, what am I missing? I would appreciate some tip as to what is actually working, or why I'm not compatible. Yes I tried force gpu install, but it still ran in cpu mode.
  • I was excited to see GPU acceleration now available, but was disappointed when I realized it didn't work with latest version of windows 10 and a 2080 ti with latest nvidia drivers and cuda. So which gpus are compatible then? Why isn't my gpu compatible? Cuda is working in all applications like Octane Redshift etc,. What do I need to do to get it working, what am I missing? I would appreciate some tip as to what is actually working, or why I'm not compatible. Yes I tried force gpu install, but it still ran in cpu mode.
    Hi Oren,

The installer tries to get the current GPU card to check for compatibility, but it can be wrong and say that your card is not compatible. This is why we've added a "Force GPU Install" checkbox on that installer page, letting you install the GPU version of Transfusion, regardless of the warning. Your card should be indeed compatible.

Please follow these steps to make sure your setup works:
    1- Update your NVIDIA drivers to the latest
    2- Make sure your GPU card is the main card on your system. If you have multiple cards, the system will pick card #1 only.
    3- Install Transfusion GPU, using the Force checkbox if needed
    4- Launch After Effects and apply Transfusion. Make sure the "Use GPU" checkbox is ON

Let me know how that goes and if you are able to use GPU with these steps. Alternatively, please open a support ticket if it's still not working so I can assist you.

Thanks,
    Gab
  • I Have 3x gtx1080ti on windows 10 with the newest Nvidia Studiodriver (431.70) and Cuda driver 10.1.120.
    Transfusion 1.6  says during the install the card is recognized but the driver is out of date.
    Inside AE (CC2018) the Plugin shows up - but it doesnt work at all, most of the time AE crashes without an Error. No new pixels will be generated inside AE.
    With Version 1.2 Everything was working - allthough very slow since it run via the cpu.

What can I do - Is there a workarround to get Transfusion running?
  • I Have 3x gtx1080ti on windows 10 with the newest Nvidia Studiodriver (431.70) and Cuda driver 10.1.120.
    Transfusion 1.6  says during the install the card is recognized but the driver is out of date.
    Inside AE (CC2018) the Plugin shows up - but it doesnt work at all, most of the time AE crashes without an Error. No new pixels will be generated inside AE.
    With Version 1.2 Everything was working - allthough very slow since it run via the cpu.

What can I do - Is there a workarround to get Transfusion running?
    Hi Carsten, thanks for the report.
    The installer is somehow detecting that your driver version is lower than 419, which is the minimum requirement. I don't know why it gets this info from Nvidia if you have the newest version installed, but to make sure I suggest you completely uninstall all nvidia drivers and download the latest ones again. 

That said, there is no direct influence between the installer detecting the drivers version and the actual plugin, I mean the plugin should work even if the installer is getting the wrong info. But since the installer says your drivers are outdated, there might be an issue with them and that what's make the plugin crash.

As for workaround, there are two:
    1- Uncheck the "Use GPU" checkbox within the plugin, before rendering. This will tell the plugin to render over CPU, but some GPU checks will be performed. So if it still crashes, that's again a good sign that something is wrong with the drivers, because that small check is not intensive computing and should not make it crash

2- If the above fails and you want to render your project using the CPU, remove Transfusion folder from the plugins folder of After Effects, run the Transfusion 1.6 Installer again and use the checkbox "Force install CPU" on the third page. This will install the cpu-only version of Transfusion.

Oh and forgot to mention: you probably have already tested that but a good old restart of the computer sometimes solves weird GPU behaviours ;)

Hope that helps! 
    You can also open a ticket for further assistance.

Gab
  •  "...but to make sure I suggest you completely uninstall all nvidia drivers and download the latest ones again. "  -

That really did the trick. Thanks for your help Gabriel!
  • Any plans to get the GPU mode compatible with AMD for iMac's?
  • hello,
    I just installed Transfusion 1.6.1 in my new pc and realized that Transfusion isn't using my Titan RTX. 
    Installer doesn't see any gpu and I tried both force gpu and uninstall and reinstall updated nvidia drivers, nothing worked: gpu usage is 0%.
    Actually I don't even see any "use GPU" checkbox within the plugin.
    Would you be so kind as to help me, please?
    Thanx!
  • ETA for CC 2020 compatibility?
  • For me the latest (1.6.1) and the earlier 1.6.0 don't use the GPU.
    It's a GTX 1060 running under Win10 in a gaming laptop, running the 441.66 Studio Drivers.

Have tried un- and re-installing drivers, older drivers, disabling IntelGraphics, running using Highperformance graphics, force installed the GPU version (as the installer keeps telling me it doesn't find a compatible GPU ... The GPU usage during renders stays at around 0.5% and renders take for ever. 

Also: I can't see a "use GPU" option to click in the plugin. 

It's a liiiitle frustrating to know that it could be possible and yet it isn't.
  • I own transfusion. How is this different and if so how do I upgrade or purchase it?

• I own transfusion. How is this different and if so how do I upgrade or purchase it?

Hi ! We've just renamed the product with the word "Suite", since we are now offering two plugins in the same package: Transfusion Styles (the original Transfusion Plugin) + Transfusion Blend. No need to upgrade, this is a free addition, just download it again from the TRY button or from your account page and you'll get the newer versions

Gab
    Hi, when Tensorflow will support those GPUs, yes. This is the ML framework the plugin is built with.
  • Is there a way for us to generate our own custom styles trx files.
    I realize the blend plug in but We wanted to experiment with the machine learning aspect.
    thanks!
  • Hi there!
    How is the compability with RTX cards coming along? Can we expect support for RTX cards in the near future?
  • Hi, (when) will this be coming to AE 2020?
  • Hi, (when) will this be coming to AE 2020?
    Hi ! 
    It is already working on AE2020. are you experiencing an issue trying to run it ?
    Gab
  • I'm running ae 2018 with a 2070 nvidia and 48gb ram but i keep crashing on blending mode ai core 2.0 and it just crashes every time is there something i should be tweaking?
  • Yung Swan said:
    I'm running ae 2018 with a 2070 nvidia and 48gb ram but i keep crashing on blending mode ai core 2.0 and it just crashes every time is there something i should be tweaking?
    Hi! You can try re-installing the software, when one core doesnt work, sometimes that solves the issue. Also maybe you are trying with a style layer too large. You can also disable GPU and render via CPU.

Gab  
  • Hi,

Any plans to support RTX cards?

Thanks,
    John

• Hey how do i make my own custom texture files (.trx)?  

I can't get tranfusion blend to work on my pc but transfusion style works fine.
  • Yung Swan said:
    Hey how do i make my own custom texture files (.trx)?  

I can't get tranfusion blend to work on my pc but transfusion style works fine.
    Hi ! It is not possible to create your own styles, but you can make a style suggestion on our website www.transfusion.ai

please open a ticket if you want assistance on the plugin not working:

Gab

• Hello,
    As there hasn't been an update for over a year and at the same time the Neural style transfer algorithms have improved a lot, are you working on an update?
  • Hi when do you expecting releas new RTX version?
    thanks
  • Hi when do you expecting releas new RTX version?
    thanks
    Hi Eric,
    We've looked into it but this would represent too much of a task to make it work for newer RTX cards, and this would mean GPU would still be availabe only on Windows. 

CPU will continue to be supported, as well as some Nvidia cards for the GPU version.

Gab
  • When will RTX be available? I have two RTX cards, and I can't use either?
  • Excuse me 
    I bought
    Why can only RENDER ten seconds?