Line Connection for Cinema 4D
  • Hi.. would this work on nulls created by the camera tracker, just as well as it would do with objects?

Thanks

J
  • Hi.. would this work on nulls created by the camera tracker, just as well as it would do with objects?

Thanks

J
    Hi J..it can work on nulls .and include the nulls created by camera tracker.
  • Can it iterate through objects created with the MoGraph Cloner?   Will it keep connections on objects that are moving?

• Can it iterate through objects created with the MoGraph Cloner?   Will it keep connections on objects that are moving?

sorry,it can not iterate through objects in the mograph cloner.but it can keep connections on objects that are moving .I example tutorial "global connection " I made the clone object editable.
  • I just purchased Line Connection and am really enjoying it. Is it possible to use my own materials in place of the Spline Material, and if so, how would I do that?

Thanks
  • I just purchased Line Connection and am really enjoying it. Is it possible to use my own materials in place of the Spline Material, and if so, how would I do that?

Thanks
    1. I advise you not to touch it. 2. If have to do that.Find the Layer Manager,make the invisiblelayer visible,then you can find a material called Sweep_Mat.you can edit it .Be careful. 3. if you use other render engine.In layer Manager, you can see a layer named splinelayer ,make it visible and unlocked. You can see that there are many empty objects under All_Con_Point and sweep objects under empty objects. 3. You can add your own material to the end of the sweep objects' tags. 4.In addition ,I recommand you to render the lines alone as a layer in standard render.and composite it in aftereffect or other composition softwares.
  • liu ran said:
    I just purchased Line Connection and am really enjoying it. Is it possible to use my own materials in place of the Spline Material, and if so, how would I do that?

Thanks
    1. I advise you not to touch it. 2. If have to do that.Find the Layer Manager,make the invisiblelayer visible,then you can find a material called Sweep_Mat.you can edit it .Be careful. 3. if you use other render engine.In layer Manager, you can see a layer named splinelayer ,make it visible and unlocked. You can see that there are many empty objects under All_Con_Point and sweep objects under empty objects. 3. You can add your own material to the end of the sweep objects' tags. 4.In addition ,I recommand you to render the lines alone as a layer in standard render.and composite it in aftereffect or other composition softwares.
    Thanks Liu.
  • Some advice for Octane users: The texture tag of the hidden material "Sweep_alpha_Mat" on the sweeps should be set as uvw-mapping not spherical. That way you can convert the hidden materials to Octane Render, but do NOT delete the original materials.
    It should be created by the plugin in generel as uvw-mapping, as it makes no difference for the native renderers, but for third party renderers it does.
  • How is R21 compatibility coming along?
  • Can you please upgrade it to R21 

I really need it to work on R21 
  • Dear Liu Ran

Please help me, i would like to know how can i set up line connection for cinema 4d plugin so that i would be able to render more than 5000 connections using this plugin. In other words i dont need to make video using this plugin, i just want to setup this plugin to render 1 frame high resolution image. Is there a way to setup this plugin so that PC would be able to connect more than 5000 connections, because i think that the reason why PC is not cable of making more connections is because of the setup of the plugin as it is constructed to make videos. Please help.
  • Some advice for Octane users: The texture tag of the hidden material "Sweep_alpha_Mat" on the sweeps should be set as uvw-mapping not spherical. That way you can convert the hidden materials to Octane Render, but do NOT delete the original materials.
    It should be created by the plugin in generel as uvw-mapping, as it makes no difference for the native renderers, but for third party renderers it does.
    I'm glad you've settled it. Since C4D has many render plug-ins, the material mechanism of each plug-in is different, and the render plug-ins updates quickly. Therefore, it is unwise for each render plug-in to make a corresponding material. So I still suggest that we use the method of layer rendering and post-composition to deal with it. Thank you! Please leave a message if you still have any questions!
    yes ,I'm working on updating now,it will come along soon!

Yes, I am doing this job, but I spent a lot more time last month because of some bugs in R21.
    The version adapted to R21 has been updated.Enjoy it!

The plugin has updated to R21.Enjoy it!
  • Yes, Now it works fine
    Thank you so much :)
  • Thank you update!!
  • When I try to connect two spheres, the line-controller is put way way out and I have to align it manually. Why does it do this? Shouldn't the line be straight between two object automatically?

And if I push undo pretty much all the lines disappear and I only see the points from where the lines should be?

Not completely satisfied with this..
  • When I try to connect two spheres, the line-controller is put way way out and I have to align it manually. Why does it do this? Shouldn't the line be straight between two object automatically?

And if I push undo pretty much all the lines disappear and I only see the points from where the lines should be?

Not completely satisfied with this..
    Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Can this plugin be used to generate splines? I'd like use it to connect a bunch of objects but then use my own particle/cloner effects to travel along generated splines. Is this possible?
  • Does this plugin work on broadcast r20 version or only studio?
  • Hi there, will this be updated for r23? thanks, Dylan.
  • Hi there, will this be updated for r23? thanks, Dylan.
    yeah,LC1.4 now can be used in r19 up to r23
  • Can this plugin be used to generate splines? I'd like use it to connect a bunch of objects but then use my own particle/cloner effects to travel along generated splines. Is this possible?
    yes ,it generate splines and sweep it with a circle to render.so ,sure you can use the splines it generated
  • is it possible to fade out the lines like in Trip path in after effects?
    so lets say the line went from point A to B, i want it to dissolve now with the dissolve starting gradually from A to B
  • How do I add a custom material to it?
  • not working in C4d R23
  • says its compatible with S22 but no matter where i install it, Maxon > plugins or Maxon > prefs plugins - it does not show up under the Extensions (formerly Plugins) menu.

Anyone able to get this working?
  • Ran Levi said:
    is it possible to fade out the lines like in Trip path in after effects?
    so lets say the line went from point A to B, i want it to dissolve now with the dissolve starting gradually from A to B
    sorry,no this function now。
  • How do I add a custom material to it?
    yes ,the materials are hiden in the layers panel, you can unlock and see them
  • not working in C4d R23
    my version r23.008 it works fine ,no bugs ,maybe you can try the play button ,lines can come out
  • says its compatible with S22 but no matter where i install it, Maxon > plugins or Maxon > prefs plugins - it does not show up under the Extensions (formerly Plugins) menu.

Anyone able to get this working?
    make sure you put the "line-connection-1.4"folder in "plugins" folder,then other two "line_connection_order"and "line_connection_random" in it . if still not work,tell me your s22 version number
  • This is great!  A little bug on a Mac and R23.  If I used the handles to manipulate the position the "tube" disappears.  But working on the numerical XYZ Coordinates window has no issues. 

Feature request:  It would be great if there is a way to taper the ends of the lines.  

Thanks again.
    -nico 
  • Any update for R25? Wanted to check before purchase
  • Any update for R25? Wanted to check before purchase
    new version 1.5 updated for R25
  • Is there a fix for the undo bug? when i undo all lines desapear. only left with the null. cheers 

• snoop dog said:
    Is there a fix for the undo bug? when i undo all lines desapear. only left with the null. cheers 
    There is no such thing as this bug. I just realize when you ctrl z after position on null the animation updates and you are at the starting frame of the animation. just play and you will see the lines 
  • Hi, can I increase the Dash density to more than "10" I would prefer all the dashes in my graphic to be consistent? Right now, the dash density varies with the length of the lines.  The longer the lines the different the dash density is.  I am running Cinema4D R23.  Thanks.
  • Will this get updated for S26? Thanks!
  • Would this with mograph selections as the objects that will be connected?
  • Hello, does this plugin work with C4D 2023?
  • If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket.
  • Thank you so much for the Line Connection Plugin!
    I am very grateful for this amazing tool that you have created. I hope that in the future, it will be possible to support the new versions of Cinema4D and provide more exciting features. Keep up the great work!
  • Thank you so much for the Line Connection Plugin!
    I am very grateful for this amazing tool that you have created. I hope that in the future, it will be possible to support the new versions of Cinema4D and provide more exciting features. Keep up the great work!
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket.
  • This plugin is very helpful. How do I control and change the ripple speed? I would like to slow it down. I know how to change the line animation and speed, but the Ripple doesn't seem to have any options to change the speed. Thanks!
  • This plugin is very helpful. How do I control and change the ripple speed? I would like to slow it down. I know how to change the line animation and speed, but the Ripple doesn't seem to have any options to change the speed. Thanks!
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket.
  • Hi! How can I connect lines like on your third screenshot? (one point connected with a lot points from the centere). Should I choose step-by-step all of the points or I can somehow choose the start point< then 10-20-50 points and they will connect?

• 2questions.

1.How do I control and change the ripple speed?

2.Does this work for octane render? I have been using c4d R19. Thanks.

• 2questions.

1.How do I control and change the ripple speed?

2.Does this work for octane render? I have been using c4d R19. Thanks.
    1.Open the visualization of Invisiblelayer in the layer manager and unlock it. You can see a number of objects named Disc and Disc.1 in the Timeline dopesheet. By selecting the keyframes of these objects at the same time and scaling them, you can adjust the speed of ripple.