• Cool script! I probably have to buy this :)

One good addition would be to have ping pong in addition to loop if possible. 

Ah yes, good idea, will implement, thanks for the feedback! And thanks for the purchase. Please let me know how it goes for you in production and any suggestions for workflow.

Ah yes, good idea, will implement, thanks for the feedback! And thanks for the purchase. Please let me know how it goes for you in production and any suggestions for workflow.

Great! I think it would be good if you could type in the amount of loops/pingpongs it does. For an example @3.layer would make it loop 3 times etc. Without a number it would work like it works now. Not sure if this is possible, but it would make this even better.

Great! I think it would be good if you could type in the amount of loops/pingpongs it does. For an example @3.layer would make it loop 3 times etc. Without a number it would work like it works now. Not sure if this is possible, but it would make this even better.
    Let me take a look and see what's possible. Thanks for the idea!
  • This is actually really really good tool! This is a steal with the early bird price :)

Btw. if the markers would have a color (yellow, blue or anything else than gray) it would be easier to spot where there a MarkeRemap remapped layers. I havent seen any tools that utilize the marker color feature, but I think it would be beneficial in this :)

Thanks for this tool!

Miika
  • This is actually really really good tool! This is a steal with the early bird price :)

Btw. if the markers would have a color (yellow, blue or anything else than gray) it would be easier to spot where there a MarkeRemap remapped layers. I havent seen any tools that utilize the marker color feature, but I think it would be beneficial in this :)

Thanks for this tool!

Miika
    Ah, now that is great idea... will implement on the next version update. Stay tuned!
  • This is a great script. And it came along just in time (no pun intended) as I'm doing a lot of time remapping of stop motion animation. This has allowed me to easily set up loops and trigger different sequences. I agree with the previous post that it would be great to get a ping-pong option too. Also, it would be nice if Adobe would give us better control of markers, like the ability to select multiple markers, copy and paste them, and slide them around easier. But regardless, this is a really valuable tool. The 'Edit' menu, which easily allows copying and pasting markers from layers to the time ruler, is valuable in itself.
  • Thank you Michael! Appreciate the suggestions. Working on some more marker management helpers for the next round...Thanks for supporting!
  • Saves tons and tons of time! One of those things that makes you go “wait, why didn’t after effects always work like this??”
  • This plugin is sliiiiick! I never really realized how much time I wasted by trying to time-remap nested comps on my own. 
    This makes it so simple to see exactly what your adjusting. Well done!

• Very well thought out plugin. Adapts to so many different situations, and a huge timesaver. Makes time remapping a lot less tedious. Some previous commenters made good suggestions for future features, but right now it's still very solid + super helpful. 
  • This plugin is amazing! And you just have to drag!!! It saves soooo much time!! Thank you!!
  • Great for repurposing comps within the same project!
  • I really like this tool !!!
    Very powerful and saves a lot of time!
     I recommend to everyone!
  • This is a must have and i wonder why adobe didn't came up with something like this? 
    Even the "responsive time" or "protected region" feature can't make timing changes so easy.
  • This looks like a great plug-in - up until now I have been using "Trigger".

One wish for next version (or the one after that ;-)) - It would be great to be able to set a start point for the "Set Range" command, as well as the end.

For example: what if I want to make a bar graph grow from 23% to 68%, instead of starting at 0%.
  • Good idea! Definitely doable. Will look into it for future releases. Thanks for the review!
    Reuben
    This looks like a great plug-in - up until now I have been using "Trigger".

One wish for next version (or the one after that ;-)) - It would be great to be able to set a start point for the "Set Range" command, as well as the end.

For example: what if I want to make a bar graph grow from 23% to 68%, instead of starting at 0%.

• Will this work with CS6?
    If not, is there something similar that would?
  • Unfortunately no. CS6 does not feature split timeline markers. 
  • OK...Thx.
    I have CC as well, but my client doesn't, and they like me to create in CS6 so they can have access to the files if needed.
    Still is a great product, and I'll probably get it for other uses!
  • Understood! Technically, in the absence of split timeline markers, it could be rigged to detect space between markers, but that would bring in a whole new layer of complexity as to which single markers represent the start and end of a range, etc. One nice thing about Marker Remap is that the script only adds expressions to the Time Remap fields of comps and facilitates moving and editing of markers. But the actual panel is not needed beyond setting those relationships. You can pass the file off to a client who does not own Marker Remap and everything still works perfectly.
  • Understood! Technically, in the absence of split timeline markers, it could be rigged to detect space between markers, but that would bring in a whole new layer of complexity as to which single markers represent the start and end of a range, etc. One nice thing about Marker Remap is that the script only adds expressions to the Time Remap fields of comps and facilitates moving and editing of markers. But the actual panel is not needed beyond setting those relationships. You can pass the file off to a client who does not own Marker Remap and everything still works perfectly.
    Would the file open in CS6 though if created in CC?
  • It will throw errors since CS6 doesn’t support split timeline or layer markers. I was referring to the fact that you could create using Marker Remap (in supported versions) and clients can open (in supported versions) without having installed the Marker Remap script.
  • Hi,
    Marker Remap it's such a good tool. Thanks for your work.
    I'm using your tool for creating Lottie animation.
    Lottie doesn't take expression and I need to manually create keyframe.
    I'm wondering if there's a way to "flatten" those markers and create "real" keyframe.
    Thank's

• Paul Paul said:
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if there's a way to "flatten" those markers and create "real" keyframe.
    Thank's

Hi Paul! Thanks for the great comments, I'm glad Marker Remap is helpful to you. At this point, there is no keyframe baking, but that is a really important feature to include for your use case. At this point you'd have to manually set keyframes at the start and end of each marker span, then remove the Marker Remap expression and you'd be all set. But I'm going to make keyframe baking a priority feature on a future build. Thanks for the feedback!
  • Paul Paul said:
    Hi,
    Thank's

Hey Paul: I was about to post a substantial update to Marker Remap this week, but I'm delaying it a few days in order to include keyframe baking since i think it's a crucial part of projects using your workflow. So stay tuned! An update is coming in the next few days. Thanks!
  • Awsome !!! \o\ \o/ /o/
    Changing manually keyframe works great but it takes some time. What is interesting is when I reactive the expression, I'm able to modify again my composition with Time Remarker and that super useful.
    Also I notice that I have strange transition with manually set keyframe because Lottie is not able to switch from a frame to another. It just creates a transition between those frames. If I want to create clean transition, I need to create very short transition, like < 100ms.
    Good luck for the update, and thanks for this great product.
  • Hi, I bought the plugin today and when I go to my account, my downloads and licenses, I click on "download" and I only have "Marker Remap Example v1_4" which is downloaded. No installer. And I'm too excited to use it! Can you fix this bug? Thank you in advance!
  • Oops sorry about that! I just rechecked the product and re-uploaded the zip files. Please download again and let me know if it shows up for you. Thanks!

Reuben
    Hi, I bought the plugin today and when I go to my account, my downloads and licenses, I click on "download" and I only have "Marker Remap Example v1_4" which is downloaded. No installer. And I'm too excited to use it! Can you fix this bug? Thank you in advance!

• Oops sorry about that! I just rechecked the product and re-uploaded the zip files. Please download again and let me know if it shows up for you. Thanks!

Reuben
    Hi, I bought the plugin today and when I go to my account, my downloads and licenses, I click on "download" and I only have "Marker Remap Example v1_4" which is downloaded. No installer. And I'm too excited to use it! Can you fix this bug? Thank you in advance!

Perfect! Thanks :-)
  • Hi 
    I really love this plugin but I keep getting a very annoying issue in v1.4. Whenever Ae autosaves and my mouse cursor happens to be in the marker remap window the program just crashes.

I tried to turn off auto save to get around this but randomly, whenever my mouse cursor is in the marker remap window, the save loading bar will just pop up, I have to wait a bit and then AE crashes. This happens across 3 different computers

Any help would be great!
  • Hi - could you compare the functionality of Marker Remap and Trigger? 
    Definitely. Trigger is a great product and recalls animations to start at specific points. These animation play until the next marker.

Marker Remap extends that concept into split layer markers. It has similar functionality as Trigger, but allows you to not only readjust when the sequence takes place, but how long it should play. By shortening or lengthening the outpoint of the triggering marker, you can essentially Time Remap segments on the fly. There are also flags to reverse, ping-pong, loop and ease those same segments.

It also has a really powerful marker manager that makes adding, cutting, pasting and moving markers very easy (instead of having to remember what your markers were named, etc)

Hope that’s helpful!
  • Hi 
    I really love this plugin but I keep getting a very annoying issue in v1.4. Whenever Ae autosaves and my mouse cursor happens to be in the marker remap window the program just crashes.

I tried to turn off auto save to get around this but randomly, whenever my mouse cursor is in the marker remap window, the save loading bar will just pop up, I have to wait a bit and then AE crashes. This happens across 3 different computers

Any help would be great!
    Hey Rickard:

I finally found the scenarios where this would happen and have fixed them in v1.5 . Please update to the latest version and let me know if you are still experiencing those crashes. Thanks and sorry for the bug!

R
    Definitely. Trigger is a great product and recalls animations to start at specific points. These animation play until the next marker.

Marker Remap extends that concept into split layer markers. It has similar functionality as Trigger, but allows you to not only readjust when the sequence takes place, but how long it should play. By shortening or lengthening the outpoint of the triggering marker, you can essentially Time Remap segments on the fly. There are also flags to reverse, ping-pong, loop and ease those same segments.

It also has a really powerful marker manager that makes adding, cutting, pasting and moving markers very easy (instead of having to remember what your markers were named, etc)

Hope that’s helpful!
    Hi Reuben,

Thanks for the prompt reply - and yes, that was very helpful. 

Rob
  • Hi Reuben,

This plugin rocks! Lately I've been using it to have a Pre-Comp full of audio sounds. This is great as I can have one audio clip in the Pre-Comp, but use it over and over in the Main Comp, and I can re-time it so the audio is slow/fast. However, when I do this, it generates a short audio clip starting with the second instance of the same clip. For instance, if I have a marker in the Pre-Comp called "Whoosh" and "Whoosh" in/out points are exactly at the sounds clip's in/out point, when I add it to the Main Comp it works great. But when I add it again to Main, I have to edit the audio levels at the start to hide the first frame of the sound. If I edit the audio in the Pre-Comp, it doesn't do anything to help, so I'd have to edit the audio levels in Main. Is there a way to fix this?image

I uploaded a screenshot to:
    https://ibb.co/WtHbyBS

Thanks Reuben!

• Hi Reuben,

This plugin rocks! Lately I've been using it to have a Pre-Comp full of audio sounds. This is great as I can have one audio clip in the Pre-Comp, but use it over and over in the Main Comp, and I can re-time it so the audio is slow/fast. However, when I do this, it generates a short audio clip starting with the second instance of the same clip. For instance, if I have a marker in the Pre-Comp called "Whoosh" and "Whoosh" in/out points are exactly at the sounds clip's in/out point, when I add it to the Main Comp it works great. But when I add it again to Main, I have to edit the audio levels at the start to hide the first frame of the sound. If I edit the audio in the Pre-Comp, it doesn't do anything to help, so I'd have to edit the audio levels in Main. Is there a way to fix this?image

I uploaded a screenshot to:
    https://ibb.co/WtHbyBS

Thanks Reuben!

Thanks Mark! Glad it's been helpful. That's an interesting scenario I haven't seen. Let me try to recreate on my end and will get back to you. Thanks for letting me know...

R
  • Awsome addon, a real time saver was exactly what I was looking for, very simple and fast to use.. adjusting retimemap sequence is a real pain but this makes it so easy. was defenatly worth it.

Thx
  • A stunningly useful tool. Thank you. Especially the function being able to extract a marker from inside the precomp with one click. Awesome
  • Awsome addon, a real time saver was exactly what I was looking for, very simple and fast to use.. adjusting retimemap sequence is a real pain but this makes it so easy. was defenatly worth it.

Thx
    Thank you Randy! Much appreciated, glad it's been helpful.
  • A stunningly useful tool. Thank you. Especially the function being able to extract a marker from inside the precomp with one click. Awesome
    High praise! Thanks so much for leaving a comment. Out of curiosity, is this Trevor of trevorgilchrist.net? Either way, Thanks for your support!
  • This one is a must have!  Great work!
  • Do you have a best practices recommendation for making sure you don't end up with stutters if you're trying to remap something too fast?

In other words if you have a 15 frame animation and you lengthen it via remap to something like 2 seconds it's gonna stutter.

do you think keeping everything a good bit longer is a good way to roll?

l
  • Do you have a best practices recommendation for making sure you don't end up with stutters if you're trying to remap something too fast?

In other words if you have a 15 frame animation and you lengthen it via remap to something like 2 seconds it's gonna stutter.

do you think keeping everything a good bit longer is a good way to roll?

l
    Hey Austin: AE exposes the Time Remapping property for use in custom coding, so Marker Remap uses the exact same algorithms as the native remapping workflow. So, for example, without using Marker Remap, if you find the two frames in your child comp that represent your In and Out points, and then implement keyframes on a standard Time Remap property (and without the MR expressions), the result will be the same. So whatever stutter After Effects applies to the standard Time Remapping property will also appear using Marker Remap. That being said, there are definitely some best practices to normal Time Remapping workflows. For example, making sure that the frame rates of both child and parent comps are the same definitely helps. Also, try making sure that the transformations of the elements in question are on whole pixels. (E.g. position at 457,832 instead of 457.32,832.63). To your question about keeping master animations on the longer side, I don't think it makes a huge difference since the Time Remap algorithm doesn't look at values between keyframes (only the actual keyframes, then calculates in between values dynamically). But I do tend to plan ahead and make master animations at a length where I'm only extending or reducing around 20% either way. If you have a file that's giving you trouble and want to send me a link to take a look, feel free. Thanks!
  • Hi!

Is there any chance for a 2020 update?

thank you :)
    robert

• Hi!

robert

Hello there Robert. The latest version is 2020 compatible. Have you updated your copy?
  • Hi!

robert

OK I just realized I hadn't updated the Compatibility tab on the product page. Thanks for pointing that out. But, just to clarify, v1.5 is AE 2020 compatible. Thanks! Reuben
  • Hi!

robert

OK I just realized I hadn't updated the Compatibility tab on the product page. Thanks for pointing that out. But, just to clarify, v1.5 is AE 2020 compatible. Thanks! Reuben
    Hi! Great thank you! it works! :)
  • Hi
    I'm enjoying using this beautiful script But 
    can i sync Keyframes to Marker ?
    Thanks
  • Hi
    I'm enjoying using this beautiful script But 
    can i sync Keyframes to Marker ?
    Thanks
    Hello Momen: glad you are enjoying it! Can you explain a little more what you mean by “sync keyframe to marker”?