Keyframe Presets
  • Adam Katz said:
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for the detailed suggestions. So would your idea be for an option that would let you paste keyframes in "Relative Mode"?

So that every keyframe is just an offset from whatever the prior keyframe is on the property?

Adam
    That sounds like the idea. So yes it would be relative to each key frame setup. For example if you stored it on a Scale 100-0%. Relatively if you have an object at 50% of the size and applied it now i believe it sets to 100% then to 0%. But it would be cool if it did 50-0% for example. Then you open up a wide range of animation objects you could apply as these generic stored presets. Maybe there is abetter way to describe it or even options to do it. Either way it may let you build out some library animations that you use frequently.
  • Hi Chris,

That's an interesting idea. I'll have to try and mock a prototype up and see how it works. I'm not sure exactly when I'll get to it, but I'll make sure to post back here if I have any other questions.

Adam
  • Does this tool work on keyframes on shapes too ?
    Or just layers ?

Kind regards,
    Math

PS. If it works on shapes and paths... only a preview of the shape/keyframes you add and you have somewhat of a pose library///
  • Just tested Keyframe Presets in AE 2020 on PC and it works fine. What i would love is the option to save thumbs when saving a preset..for shapes that would make it something like a pose library.

• Hi Math,

Yes, as you tested shapes and paths work fine with the tool. Saved thumbnails for each preset are a good idea. I'll have to take a look into how that could be implemented.

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • At the moment i have some shape based animations setup with Keyframe-presets... what im trying to achieve next ( not sure if its possible ) to link the presets somehow to other controls...eg. Animation Blender in DUik... or custom onscreen controls.  That way we could setup a very sophisticated animation control for shapes while keeping it visually easy and non cluttered for animators...
  • Really Handy Script!
    I was wondering if there is a way to save the presets as .FFX and use them as ordinary native After Effects presets via the Effects Presets Menu?

Thanks
  • Thanks, I'm glad it's helping you out. Unfortunately no, they will only work as presets within the Keyframe Presets tool. Although, it's a good idea, and I'll take a look to see if that's something that would be possible in a future version.

Adam
  • Great tool. Very useful and a time savor. Thanks alot. 
    I would suggest the possibility of grouping the presets inside keyframe presets for a more organized look. Plus if it were possible to import multiple presets at once.
  • Thanks, glad you like it.

Grouping the presets is a a good idea. I will look into it, and see if there's a good way to add it to the tool.
  • Hi, Can you shrink the interface?
  • Hi, Can you shrink the interface?
    Hi Ryan,

The window is resizable if that's what you're asking. Although there is a minimum size the window will need to be to let you see all of the possible controls

You can see in the attached screenshot what that minimum size is in reference to the toolbar

I hope that helps,
    Adam
    keyframe_presets_min_windows_size.JPG
    445 x 607 - 43K
  • Adam Katz said:
    Thanks, glad you like it.

Grouping the presets is a a good idea. I will look into it, and see if there's a good way to add it to the tool.
    +1 on this! I'm waiting for payday to come around so I can make a donation to your work. Excellent job on this, and it works so intelligently too! Saved me minutes and hours of time - 100%!!
  • Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the additional feedback and I'm glad it's helping you out so much! At the moment the preset grouping is still a bit on the backburner, but I'll take another look and see how the implementation could go

Cheers,
    Adam
  • Hi, is there a way to add a preset to a macro? i would like to add a preset to a layer just pushin a button.
  • Hi! This script seems awesome, but I can't make it work :c

I selected the keyframes, created the preset, and saved it. However, when I'm trying to paste it, the following message appears:

'This preset expects the following selected layers:

No keyframes in preset for: Shape Layer 1'

I'm following the tutorial, but I can't seem to make it work.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi! This script seems awesome, but I can't make it work :c

I selected the keyframes, created the preset, and saved it. However, when I'm trying to paste it, the following message appears:

'This preset expects the following selected layers:

No keyframes in preset for: Shape Layer 1'

I'm following the tutorial, but I can't seem to make it work.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.