Buena Depth Cue
  • Trying to upgrade from previous version, but putting the serial number in the discount code doesn't work. Please advise. My current version was purchased from Digieffects.
  • Sorry for the inconvenience. Please open a support ticket and provide your serial and we'll help you out.
  • Can you output a real depth pass to use in other compositors (like Nuke)?
  • Are there any tutorials that explain how to use Rack Focus? I'm close to purchasing this plug-in but I want to know a little bit more about how to use this feature.
  • Can you output a real depth pass to use in other compositors (like Nuke)?
    Yes.  You can also download the free trial and try it. It will just have the watermark but you can get the idea.
  • Are there any tutorials that explain how to use Rack Focus? I'm close to purchasing this plug-in but I want to know a little bit more about how to use this feature.
    There isn't a tutorial but there is a user manual and it's very straightforward to use so I am sure you will be able to figure it out. Please download the free trial and try it before purchasing. If you have any specific questions please let us know.
  • I've tried the trial - how do I uninstall?

• I've tried the trial - how do I uninstall?

Just remove the Buena Depth Cue folder from the mediacore folder:

MAC: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CSx/MediaCore
    Windows: Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CSx\MediaCore
    Windows 64-bit: Program Files\Adobe (x86)\Common\Plug-ins\CSx\MediaCore

** Note: for the CC version the folder is called 7.0:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore

• This is a wonderful plugin!   I make documentaries and have been creating my own projection maps using the laborious grid on solid method.  I also create 3D camera moves in depth on still photos by breaking them into layers using PTMultiPlane.  I just downloaded your program and created a beautiful depth map so I could rack focus on a 15 layer still.  It's beautiful.  Thanks.

Raoul
  • Does this work with pseudo-3D layers such as Plexus and Particular?
  • Does this work with pseudo-3D layers such as Plexus and Particular?
    No, it only works with layer depths
  • I've installed the trial, and just bought the plugin here on aescript. Pasted the serial and it saiz registered to #myname. But the red crosses still remain. Tried to restart AE and delete and add the effect without result.
  • I've installed the trial, and just bought the plugin here on aescript. Pasted the serial and it saiz registered to #myname. But the red crosses still remain. Tried to restart AE and delete and add the effect without result.

did you delete the disk cache? Did you follow the steps suggested here: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-register-rowbyte-plugins/
  • Can this be used w 2d videoography footage and the 3d tracker to use E a moving shots?
  • Not sure I understand, but you can always try the demo and see if it works for your project.
  • Hi there,
    I just downloaded the trial of Buena Depth Cue. I trying to use Flip side. is this working with AE 2015. 
    Im having problems. Im making a flip clock. When I rotate the layer past 90 it flips back on its self.
    Do you have any ideas why this is happening?

May thanks,
    Martyn.

• Hi Guys,

Is this compatible with CC 2015? 2015 is listed in the compatibility tab but the demo I downloaded from the link above (v2.5.1a) is only compatible up to CC 2014.

Cheers,

Andy
  • Hi Guys,

Is this compatible with CC 2015? 2015 is listed in the compatibility tab but the demo I downloaded from the link above (v2.5.1a) is only compatible up to CC 2014.

Cheers,

Andy
    Yes it is, just choose the CC2014 option in the installer. CC2015 shares the same location for plugins.
  • I have version 2.0 of Buena Depth Cue, and the trial version shows itself as v2.5.1. What are the differences?

Thanks
  • I have version 2.0 of Buena Depth Cue, and the trial version shows itself as v2.5.1. What are the differences?

Thanks

You can check the VERSION HISTORY tab on the product page to see all the changes.

Thanks
    You can check the VERSION HISTORY tab on the product page to see all the changes.
    Thanks Lloyd, but the version history tab only lists changes from version 2.5, not from Digieffects original version 2. In comparing the version 2 manual I have, with the manual for version 2.5, there is absolutely no difference - the manuals are identical. Perhaps the only change was that aescripts + aeplugins took over the sales?
  • I found that version 2.5 is the upgraded version which provides CS6 compatibility.
  • Thanks Lloyd, but the version history tab only lists changes from version 2.5, not from Digieffects original version 2. In comparing the version 2 manual I have, with the manual for version 2.5, there is absolutely no difference - the manuals are identical. Perhaps the only change was that aescripts + aeplugins took over the sales?

We upgraded it to be compatible with the recent versions of AE.
  • Hi there,

I've got a trouble with the "camera mapper" filter when I set the visibility of the texture picture to off, the camera mapping on the 3D solid disappeared also.
    What is wrong? I use After effects CC 2015.3 on windows 7.
  • Well the video tutorial is wrong... it doesn't explain to turn the projection picture from 2D to 3D layer (perhaps is it the old fashion way?). The tutorial "step by step" in the pdf explains the right process.
  • Is there any chance that it will compatible with AE CC 2017?
  • This is still a great and easy to set up camera texture projection plugin. I really wish it supported MFR though, for the newer versions of After Effects, for faster rendering 
  • Is it a bug or intended behavior that the Projection Camera needs to be at default position (and specifically for its lens zoom), or else the solids do not show the correct projection?

I learned this the hard way over the course of about an hour of debugging. I'm trying to do a paintout of an object in a shot with a moving camera. So my workflow was to create a 3d camera track. Find the ideal frame and freeze it, using that as the Projection Layer. Duplicate camera, and remove keyframes, using that as the Projection Camera. The problem is, the 3d tracked camera is not at default position. So Camera Mapper displays an incorrect projection. The solution is parent all 3d layers to the projection camera, create a new camera (with the exact same zoom!), paste its default position and rotation values to the projection camera, and then un-parent it.

But I think the plugin would work much better if it could work from ANY pos/rot for the Projection Camera. And if it really cannot, I would suggest you make a note of this in the manual and the tutorial :)
  • Is it a bug or intended behavior that the Projection Camera needs to be at default position (and specifically for its lens zoom), or else the solids do not show the correct projection?

I learned this the hard way over the course of about an hour of debugging. I'm trying to do a paintout of an object in a shot with a moving camera. So my workflow was to create a 3d camera track. Find the ideal frame and freeze it, using that as the Projection Layer. Duplicate camera, and remove keyframes, using that as the Projection Camera. The problem is, the 3d tracked camera is not at default position. So Camera Mapper displays an incorrect projection. The solution is parent all 3d layers to the projection camera, create a new camera (with the exact same zoom!), paste its default position and rotation values to the projection camera, and then un-parent it.

But I think the plugin would work much better if it could work from ANY pos/rot for the Projection Camera. And if it really cannot, I would suggest you make a note of this in the manual and the tutorial :)
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Thanks Lloyd, but I'm not sure if this is a bug I encountered or intended behavior, in which case my comment is more of a suggestion to just document that behavior a little more.

I've solved the issue for myself at the moment, so no need for a ticket.