• Hi there.

I am looking for a way to especially assign multiple proxy files to multiple footages. Can this script help me for this? Thank you.
  • Hi Mehmet Kozal,
    AAF Relinker may help you for this.

AAF Relinker can be used as a separate proxy workflow, but can't be used for linking adobe after effects proxies(the feature in after effects).

If you have proxies files for your original footage, you can import them as a separate folder and use AAF Relinker for linking the original footage files to the proxy files then later use AAF Relinker to link the proxies to the original files.

Please take in mind that AAF Relinker sometimes can't relink 100% of the files because they 
    are too similar to distinguish.
    I hope you find this useful.
    alon.

• Unfortunately AAF Relinker does not recognize image sequences. 

We mainly go from offline MXF files to online DPX sequences from colour grading on our AE suites. AAF Relinker finds the sequences but replaces them in the timeline with a still image for each sequence. 

Any plans on supporting image sequences?

Thanks,
    KrzysieK
  • Hi KrzysieK,
    Thanks for noticing, i see the issue now and i think this will be a quick fix so on the next update AAF Relinker will support image sequences.

Thanks,
    Alon

Unfortunately AAF Relinker does not recognize image sequences. 

We mainly go from offline MXF files to online DPX sequences from colour grading on our AE suites. AAF Relinker finds the sequences but replaces them in the timeline with a still image for each sequence. 

Any plans on supporting image sequences?

Thanks,
    KrzysieK

• AAF Relinker can be used as a separate proxy workflow, but can't be used for linking adobe after effects proxies(the feature in after effects).

Thanks. Will give it a try. If it works I will gladly buy it.
  • Hi,
    I'm looking for a way to relink my media using the timecode instead of the files names.

Do you think it's possible ?

Thanks
    A.
  • Hi,
    I'm looking for a way to relink my media using the timecode instead of the files names.

Thanks
    A.
    Hi Julian,
    AAF Relinker use both the duration of the video and the file name to relink files,
    AAF Relinker can relink only by duration and also prefer this way over relinking similar file name with different duration.

so if by timecode you mean duration it already does that.
    if you mean by the start timecode, it's not possible, and I also want to ask why do you need this feature?, does the duration not working for you?

Thanks,
    Alon

• Hi,

Thanks
    A.
    Hi Julian,
    AAF Relinker use both the duration of the video and the file name to relink files,
    AAF Relinker can relink only by duration and also prefer this way over relinking similar file name with different duration.

so if by timecode you mean duration it already does that.
    if you mean by the start timecode, it's not possible, and I also want to ask why do you need this feature?, does the duration not working for you?

Thanks,
    Alon

• Will this relink other types of media also? Like images, audio files, psd/ai files, image sequence?
  • Will this relink other types of media also? Like images, audio files, psd/ai files, image sequence?
    the current version will link and support pictures/psd/ai/videos/image sequences/audio and more file types by a combination of name similarity and the duration similarity of the file.

If you want to link files only by name similarity there is an updated more recent version that I didn't post yet on Aescripts that can do it.

I attached the new version as a zip file.
    (this option called "Names Only")

Please let me know of you have more questions.
    Thanks,
    Alon
    zip
    zip
    aaf_relinker_v1.2.zip
  • Hello, I wanted to know if this aescript works as a file hunter, being able to select a folder in the browser and automatically find it. 
    From what I see in the tutorial, it only relinks if we enter all the footage inside after effects.
  • Hello, I wanted to know if this aescript works as a file hunter, being able to select a folder in the browser and automatically find it. 
    From what I see in the tutorial, it only relinks if we enter all the footage inside after effects.
    Hi Fernando,
    it only relinks the footage that you import into After Effects, so its not efficient for very large projects because it would take very long time to import thousands of footage.

It works in this way because it needs to read the duration of the video file and there is not a simple way to do that with After Effects scripting, so importing the file solves that problem.

It is possible for it to work like that if we will create it as an extension instead of a script.
    As AAF Relinker is name your own price product feel free to download and try it.

Thanks,
    Alon