Projection 3D v2
  • So I have version 1 of this very cool tool, so I was wondering if their is an upgrade price?

Please advise ASAP.

Scott
  • So I have version 1 of this very cool tool, so I was wondering if their is an upgrade price?

Please advise ASAP.

Scott
    +1
  • Hi
    If you purchased Protection 3D v1 after August 19, 2019, you can upgrade for free, otherwise, you can get a $20 discount on this major new version. Please make sure you are logged in to the same account and you will see the discount in the shopping cart. If you need any help please please open a support ticket.
  • What is the reason for pre-composing the projection?
  • Hi Tom
    You will find a detailed answer to your question in this video tutorial.  Understanding and practicing Projection 3D
  • For my project, I don't need to create an object separate from the background, I have just an empty corridor still image that I need to animate to match a live action plate. When I set a keyframe on the Anim Camera, any changes to the anim camera - whether using the obit camera tool, or entered directly into the PoI or Position - are not reflected. Basically, adding a single keyframe freezes the camera. Im NOT saying AE freezes, I'm saying keyframes prevent the scene from animating as you show in your videos. Also, Moving from frame :00 to frame :01 makes the right - or sometimes the right & left image of the projection disappear. The LEFT and RIGHT solids are still in the Projection Scene Comp, but the image projected on them is gone.
  • Hi, in your youtube video of the red sports car. I was wondering if you could import the paths in from illustrator or photoshop?. If Yes. Would this path automatically snap to the 3d envioroment in Ae so placing over the side of car would be easy.. 
  • Hi Tom 
    Please open support ticket for a detailed study of your problem
  • Awesome looking plugin, think I'll be giving this a try!

Any idea what the music used at the start of your teaser video is? Wouldn't mind using that for a reel and can't find it anywhere.

Thanks!
  • I've some difficults to use projection, i'd need one  tutor for beginners clients 
    thank
  • Hi Antonio

Please open support ticket and we will help you.

Taron
  • Need a tutorial on using a face or a human figure....
  • after setting up the projection I tried linking the anim camera to a tracked camera. The projection gets screwed up. I tried inserting a null to create an offset. No luck. Is there a tutorial for using projection with a camera track?
  • Hi Christine 
    Yes, there is, follow this link
  • Great! Thanks Taron!

What do you do about the bluriness? Shadow map is set to 4000. Use larger precomps?
  • Hi Christine
    Yes, use larger comps. And also you can create adjustment layer on the top of all projection scenes and add sharpen effect.

Cheers

• Hi,
    I have the Version 1 of your plugin. Do you have an upgrade price for users of the previous version?

Cheers

Quang
  • Hi
    Yes, you can get a discount  on this major new version, details here: https://aescripts.com/projection-3d/#upgrade-notice

Please make sure you are logged in to the same account and you will see the discount in the shopping cart. If you need any help please please open a support ticket.
  • Hi, how do I export the camera animation to Cinema 4D? In the product description it features camera export for MAX, Blender, Maja and C4D. However, in the plugin's camera export dialogue there is no C4D listed. (Plugin Version 2)
  • Hi Andreas

This function works by default with After Effects CC 2015 and above.
    You can export your camera without "Projection 3D". If you want to know more please visit their official website.

Best Regards
    Taron
  • Is there any way to generate depth map from generated 3d scene ?
  • Hi fas fasd

No, it's  Impossible, but you can export your scene, open it in a 3D software and get a depth map there.

Regards
    Nataworkstudio

• When i try to import obj file, I get a message: .OBJ file size too large. File size is 270 kb. It's the same with other obj files.
  • Eench Bess Ess?

Hi Taron,

Following the Projection 3d v2 Tutorial - @6:25 when I try to extrude the mask of the car I get "Error at line 59". I've tried this several times, am following the tutorial exactly. Even rebooted AE but still same error message.

• Hi there

Love the plugin

is it possible to project a transparent PNG as a plane? I'm having an issue where a precomped layer with alpha, won't projection map without getting white around it. I realize this is due to the nature of projection mapping with a light, but is it possible to retain the alpha of the precomp layer and not have to mask the actual plane?

The reason is because we receive cutout assets from a Photoshop artist. And it breaks our process if we have to mask all the planes in AE.

Thanks!
  • hi dear
    one question:
    is it possible to create mash in 3D software and import inside Projection 3D and use it for projection ?
    like this you have done :
    i watch the tutorials and read all , but couldn't find the answer ,

Thanks!
  • Hi ali rashti,
    Yes, it is possible, but you can only import low poly models, the number of polygons should not exceed 1500. You must also have a camera to place the created surface in the right place.  A tutorial is in the Old tutorials section, called Importing and working with obj files  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1hzOtgG6R4&feature=emb_title

Regards
    Nataworkstudio
  • thansk a lot sir Taron :)
    if you have time and it is possible, please create a simple scene from a image and import into projection 3d like this for example.
    to create simple low poly inside 3D software and import it, it should be like camera mapping or  ..... ?
    if you make a simple tutorial and have background image and explain it should be best.
    many thanks for your answer :)
  • Hi bob vila,
    Unfortunately, you cannot use an image with an alpha channel as a projection image.  In after effects, the image is projected on a white solid, therefore where the projector does not see the image, that is, where the alpha, the solid remains white. But if you need a transparent image as a plane and not as a 3D surface, then why project it? You can simply import it as an image from Projection 3D main menu. The path is: File/import image,footage.

Regards
    Nataworkstudio
  • Hi Taron
    thanks for : Projection 3D Tutorial Importing and working with OBJ files
    this tutorial is done inside 3D max which many user don't have or don't have enough knowledge how it works.
    if you have time and want , please do same inside Cinema 4D !
    it could help so much, because C4D is with After effects and many people have access to it,
    Thank you sir 
  • Ola Taron!

I have some doubts about projection 3D, What I would like to do:
    1 - I have a filmed background scene
    2 - I already have this scene 3d tracked and loaded inside AE.
    3 - I already have my 3D animation rendered and composed in the scene
    4 - I would like to add a layer of "snow" in the foreground, over everything, since the Camera does a 3d Pan, like 90º, I would like to project a long and wide comp on a cylinder (from inside of the cylinder, Camera looking from the inside curve), so, in theory when the 3d tracked camera rotate, I will see correctly the snow falling but sticked in the background.

I can do it in 3d for sure, but I was wondering and curious if it is possible to do fast with Projection 3D tool.
    Thanks
    Tom

Note: I watched your "How to integrate a green screen actor into a virtual 3D room in After Effects", but its not exactly what Im looking for.
  • is it possible to export OBJs with their projected textures(& mtl)
    if so,, how? 
  • Hi weird core

No, It is Immpossible.

Regards
    Taron
  • Hi Tomas E.

Can you please open support ticket and explain in more detail?

Regards
    Taron

• how do you export the camera to c4d?
    as when i use export camera feature, it only shows 3ds, blender & maya options,, no option for c4d
    i tried the usual AE's"maxon c4d exporter" which exports the camera etc, but it doesnt seem to match up with the OBJ exported by this plugin,, is there a certain method to it?
  • Hi weird core
    To export a camera to cinema 4D go to After effects main menu, press File/Export and choose Maxon cinema 4D exporter, then save as C4D file format. Then open file in Cinema 4D. See this tutorial 

Regards
    Taron
  • Just purchased and installed this for AE17. Message from my artist "Unfortunately, upon further testing it has become apparent that the script is not working correctly.  The "create projection" button is not bringing up a dialogue asking for how many pre comps to create.  As a result the entire plugin stalls at this point and never proceeds to make a projection map pre comp." 
    Any ideas?
  • Hi John

I think you just forgot to press the 'Pre-Compose' button
    (Please note when you press 'Create Projection' on the screen nothing should happen)
    if this is not the case, please open support ticket and I will help you

Regards
    Taron
  • Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the trial version to see if it's a good use for me, and I have a big probleme.

When I create solid using the helper grid, the result is completely blurry and I can't do anything. I tried everything with no results. What should I do ?
  • Hi sir Taron
    I created the Scene,
    what do you think ? please check it, is it something wrong ?
    thank you dear :)
    the image I found on the Net,

• Hi Louis-Sebastien Hamelin

To sharpen the scene, increase "Shadow map resolution" to 4000. Right click in the composition window/Composition settings/Advanced/Options, then change Comp size to 4000 and click ok. 

Regards
    Nataworkstudio
  • Hi Delshad Kurdistani

Not bad, but very slowly I had to increase the speed to see the movement,
    practice more and spend a lot of time on small details.
    Good start

Best Regards
    Taron
  • thank you  Taron :)
  • Is it possible to move the 3d objects that you've projected onto around in the scene, or is this just for animated camera moves?

I've got a scene from a birdseye view with a car. I'd like to have the car drive through the scene, and not just be static. Is this possible with this plugin? 
  • Hi Cameron

No, it’s impossible now, but in the next version it will be, I’m already working on it.

Best Regards
    Taron
  • Is there any kind of discount for a person who purchased version 1?
  • Hi Tim
    If you purchased Protection 3D v1 after August 19, 2019, you can upgrade for free, otherwise, you can get a $20 discount on this major new version. Please make sure you are logged in to the same account and you will see the discount in the shopping cart. If you need any help please please open a support ticket.
  • Hi i have a question, i ve 3d tracked a camera movement from a greenscreen movie plate, and want to used projection 3d to map a 3d matte painting behind. Can i copy a camera data from the track to the camera inside the Projection 3d comp ? I ve tried many things but it doesn't seem to work. Thanks _
  • Hi Jeremie

Yes, of course you can.
    Here is a link to a tutorial, just remember that the modeling is done by the old method.
    If you have any other questions please open a support ticket.

Best Regards
    Taron
  • Hi Taron,

I'm using the trial for now (seeing if it works before buying) After I create a projection, then Pre-Compose, on the helper grid, no matter how man times I press the OK button to create solids using helper grid properties, it won't create a solid. I have back, left, bottom checked. Any ideas?