• Unable to execute script on line 1. Folder does not exist. Textor 1.0.1 (=ZIP), extract = Textor 1.0 (?). AE CS6
  • Hello Krystyna,
    Last minute bug fixed! Donwload version 1.0.1

https://aescripts.com/downloadable/download/sample/sample_id/465/

• imageI'm running the trial version 1.0.1 on CS6 and I have this issue:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26192741/TEXTOR_ISSUE.jpg
    I cannot see the last line of the behavior tab. Is there a way to make the box bigger or scroll down. So far I haven't had any luck.
  • Thanks for the report Michael. I'll update Textor this weekend.

Cheers
    M
  • Textor 1.0.2 is online. Bugs fixed and free presets added.
  •  Downloaded the trial version for my AE CS6. An hour later I bought the full version! This is going to be a huge time saver!

Thanks Marco!

• I'm glad you like it!
  • REVIEW: 3/5 Lots of options here, but it only has the ability to animate in and not out. Also, it bugs up a lot, which means you have to reapply the effect from scratch. TextEvo is a much better option currently.
  • Hello Nick

You can animate out every animator with the REVERSE switch in the BEHAVIOR panel. You can see it in action in the tutorial, at 6:42 and 7:36. The REVERSE switch also takes care of switching the keyframes EASE and ORDER, automating the whole animator reversal process.

Sorry, I don't understand the second part of your report. What do you mean it bugs up and you have to reapply?

I would really appreciate it if you would be more specific. If you like you can also open a ticket and I will try to give you all the tech support you need.

Cheers

Marco

• Hello Nick

You can animate out every animator with the REVERSE switch in the BEHAVIOR panel. You can see it in action in the tutorial, at 6:42 and 7:36. The REVERSE switch also takes care of switching the keyframes EASE and ORDER, automating the whole animator reversal process.

Sorry, I don't understand the second part of your report. What do you mean it bugs up and you have to reapply?

I would really appreciate it if you would be more specific. If you like you can also open a ticket and I will try to give you all the tech support you need.

Cheers

Marco

Marco,

Great plugin!  I really love it.

This has come in quite handy for a project where we literally have dozens of titles to do but as Nick pointed out, there's a huge "gotcha" that we really would love for you to address.  Yes, you have a "reverse" option but you don't have your animation functionality doing a proper full cycle of on then off.  We need these to animate off just as they animated on.  Although we saved time setting up dozens of titles, we essentially lose any of that gain by having to manually copy and reverse keyframes for each title in order to achieve an animate off.  In our case, over a 100 individual layers.  No efficiency gain.  So, in summary, please please create functionality that generates a FULL cycle of animation on and off.  Thank you!!

Tobias
  • Hi Tobias

if you need to animate out many titles, you can save a preset with the 'out animation' only, and then add the saved 'out preset' to all the selected layers at once. To add, and not to replace the animation, you just need to press shift on the keyboard while you double-click on the preset.

I hope it's helpful. If I misunderstood what you mean, please explain it to me like it's a real life example, step by step.

Cheers
    Marco
  • Hi Marco,

Great plugin you have here! I am really interested in purchasing for my future introductions. I tried out the free trial and I am really liking it except the bounce expression. When using the bounce expression there's a delay from when the animation ends and when the bounce starts. Pretty much what I am saying is the bounce starts after the text has almost finished it's animation. Is there a way you can fix this?

The bounce expression is also a little weird how it works and I was wondering if you had plans to make it better?

If you would like an example of what I mean, I can try and supply that.

Thanks.
  • Hi Ian

yes, I know what you mean. Thanks for your comment. You give me the opportunity to talk about bounce behavior.

Textor bounce expression is a modified version of the 'inertial bounce expression in text layers' from the master Dan Ebberts. The problem with bounce itself, is the amount of ease: when you set the end ease to a medium/high value, starting from 30% to 100%, the animation is very 'softened', and the speed of the animation at the end is very low. Because of that, the bounce, which takes its strength from the speed of the animation, looks weird, or delayed.

I worked hard on Textor text expression. It's the core of the script. It adds 2 features to Dan's version: the elements animation range control, and the bounce - ease end interaction. This second feature tries to calibrate the relationship between the two properties, in order to balance the bounce effect and make it always realistic, no matters how much you push ease amount. But there're cases where the only solution is to set the ease end to a low value.
    My advice. When you see bounce delay, the rule should be:

'ease end' property: min 0 - max 15
    lower the 'bounce' property amount

You will see, it will work much better!
    In a future version I will look into it again and I will try to make it better, but there is not much more I can do. Bounce is strictly related to animation speed (and consequentially to ease). 
    I hope it can help.

Cheers
    Marco

• Hi Ian

yes, I know what you mean. Thanks for your comment. You give me the opportunity to talk about bounce behavior.

Textor bounce expression is a modified version of the 'inertial bounce expression in text layers' from the master Dan Ebberts. The problem with bounce itself, is the amount of ease: when you set the end ease to a medium/high value, starting from 30% to 100%, the animation is very 'softened', and the speed of the animation at the end is very low. Because of that, the bounce, which takes its strength from the speed of the animation, looks weird, or delayed.

I worked hard on Textor text expression. It's the core of the script. It adds 2 features to Dan's version: the elements animation range control, and the bounce - ease end interaction. This second feature tries to calibrate the relationship between the two properties, in order to balance the bounce effect and make it always realistic, no matters how much you push ease amount. But there're cases where the only solution is to set the ease end to a low value.

In a future version I will look into it again and I will try to make it better, but there is not much more I can do. Bounce is strictly related to animation speed (and consequentially to ease). 
    I hope it can help.

Cheers
    Marco

Hi Marco.

Thanks for the info. That fixed it! 

I used to use another text animator plugin that didn't have a issue with end easing and the bounce expression, so I thought this one would do the same. So maybe in the future you can change that. I like your plugin more though because it has more functionality when making the animations. 

I will hopefully be able to buy this soon!

Thanks.
    Ian

• Hi Ian

I hope it can help.

Cheers
    Marco

Hi Marco.

I was also wondering the best Bounce and Frequency ratio to make a smooth bounce animation or some ratio in general to make it smooth.

Thanks.
    Ian

• Hi Ian,

It really depends on what kind of bounce effect you need to achieve, so I think it's a personal choice. There is no absolute rule, that's why bounce usually has 3 different properties.

I general, keep in mind that if your animation is fast the bouce amount should be low.
    And if frequency amount is high dacay should be high too, otherwise bounce will tend to infinit.
    Let's play with the sliders and enjoy the script!

Cheers
    Marco
  • Hi Ian,

It really depends on what kind of bounce effect you need to achieve, so I think it's a personal choice. There is no absolute rule, that's why bounce usually has 3 different properties.

I general, keep in mind that if your animation is fast the bouce amount should be low.
    And if frequency amount is high dacay should be high too, otherwise bounce will tend to infinit.
    Let's play with the sliders and enjoy the script!

Cheers
    Marco
    Hi Marco,

Alright thanks again. Sorry to ask so many things from you. 

I just have one last issue. I tried so many different combinations with all 3 properties and it still seems there's a very small delay. Here's an example https://i.gyazo.com/9efdf8616ccbd218a6e9ce3a3e8d58ba.gif

Thanks.
    Ian
  • Marco,

I wanted to alert you that this plugin has some very serious performance issues.  At first we thought we were losing our minds but after a couple of tests we confirmed it.  Your plugin is increasing render times by huge numbers.  We just did a project with 12 comps that had a single Textor animation in each one.  This was then edited together in a master comp.  Total video was 2 minutes long.  With Textor, the renders took about 2 hours.  We went through and tested every element and found that replacing Textor with presets already available in AE that our renders were done in less than 10 minutes.  

It appears you need to optimize this plugin.

CC2017 lastest version.

**edit - Please note that the text layers used for animation were originally layers imported from a PSD file that were converted to AE text.  Not sure if that makes any difference.  I couldn't find any difference for the resulting performance issue on this end.

Best,

Tobias

• Hi Tobias

Sorry, unfortunately it is not about optimization. Textor uses Ae expression animators to make delay and bounce work on text elements. Expressions can slow down AE cause they must be evaluated by AE, and looks like it is not a smart task for AE. In CC 2015.3 Adobe finally made improvements to expressions performance and error handling, as reported here https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/changes-to-expressions-in-after-effects-cc-2015-13-5/, sadly not enough! So keep in mind that if you have single text layers, each one with huge amount of characters, it may slow down a lot the expressions evaluation process.
    Most of AE text presets are made with the standard range animator, which is faster cause there is no expression stuff involved, but it can't let the script control the delay and bounce. Using expressions is the only way it can be done via scripting, sorry!
    In a future version of Textor i will look into the problem again to try to figure out if a different approach is possible, we'll see.
    If you can and if you like, you may open a support ticket and send the project with the text layers only to me, so I could run a couple of tests and maybe suggest any improvements tricks to you and all the Textor customers.

Cheers
    Marco

• Hello Marco,

I am working on a project with TEXTOR.
    Because of repeating needs, I duplicate layers with animations from TEXTOR.
    I don't know if it's about that, but, sometimes the options disapear from the plugin (transform, FX, behavior)

Any idear ?
    The only way to duplicate animation would be by creating presets ??

thanks

• Hi!

Well, one way to duplicate animations is to create a preset and apply it. You can apply a preset to all the selected layers at once, so it should be easy.

If you apply Textor to a layer and you duplicate the layer it should be the same, cause Textor saves the animation data on the layer itself via expressions, but please remember: in order to display the animators options on Textor panel, you MUST SELECT THE LAYER and click on the UPDATE button (or click inside the animators list) to update the target layer. Otherwise Textor doesn't know where to get the animation data from.

I hope it may be helpful. Please let me know.

Cheers
    Marco
  • Love the script. Any advice how to slow the transition down?
    Specifically Characters from center in.
    Thanks!
  • Love the script. Any advice how to slow the transition down?
    Specifically Characters from center in. 
    Thanks!
    Hello Elizabeth!
    To slow down textor animations just stretch the layer in AE. It works on most of animations and presets. I'm sorry but the trick doesn't work well on the 'Characters from center In / out' preset.
    Thanks for asking, I'll keep in mind for a future version of the script :)
  • I am really disapointed... this script doesn't work on my windows station...
    I tried to apply the effect : some text appears in the box, but nothing appears in the differents FX behaviors and transform area...

And I Enable 'script to write... blablabla" in the preferences

• I am really disapointed... this script doesn't work on my windows station...
    I tried to apply the effect : some text appears in the box, but nothing appears in the differents FX behaviors and transform area...

And I Enable 'script to write... blablabla" in the preferences

Hello,
    please open a support ticket, I will try to figure out what's wrong with the script and your machine.

Best
    Marco

• FUN Script. Any more presets coming?
  • Thanks! Yes, I planned a presets update, but not soon sorry. Working on new stuff :)
  • Is it possible to assign two presets to the same text string, one for incoming, the other for outgoing?

Assigning an OUT preset to an existing Textor animation replaces the IN preset.

• Is it possible to assign two presets to the same text string, one for incoming, the other for outgoing?

Assigning an OUT preset to an existing Textor animation replaces the IN preset.

Hi Gregory!
    You can add a preset animation by holding down the shift key when you apply the preset. Watch Textor overview video at 9:20.
  • Aha! I missed that part!

Thanks Marco, works great!
  • Hi Marco,

Great script. Thanks for creating this.

Two quick questions -

a.) What's the best approach to animating in multi-line text entries?  In other words, I have a two line selection of type that I want to bring in without animating each line in separately.  I'm using this to animate bullet points.

b.) Will you be releasing presets in the future? I'd encourage it.

Thanks, Jim
  •  this script doesn't work on my windows station.

Error message is shown below

•  this script doesn't work on my windows station.

Error message is shown below

Hi Hyunhee Park

please open a support ticket if you are still in trouble.

Cheers
    Marco
  • Hi Marco,

Great script. Thanks for creating this.

Two quick questions -

a.) What's the best approach to animating in multi-line text entries?  In other words, I have a two line selection of type that I want to bring in without animating each line in separately.  I'm using this to animate bullet points.

b.) Will you be releasing presets in the future? I'd encourage it.

Thanks, Jim
    Hi James

thank you :)
    a) the best way is to set the layer anchor to line, and to push the dalay value (in the bahavior panel).
    b) new presets will come with the next release of Textor, but it won't happen any time soon. Now I'm working on new stuff.

Cheers
    Marco
  • Very useful for titles...
    But use it with parsimony on text, because it's really slow down performances...

I had the bad idea to think I will earn some time by using this script on several texts, now it's just hell to come back to an initial situation, because it's very slow.

Anyway, a lot of possibilities for titles.
  • Truly Rocket Science Presets....Need a masters degree to run this presets....
  • Why does a dialogue box open when I launch AE notifying me that I have an old version 1.1.4? I have 1.1.5. Am I the only one that gets this prompt?
  • Why does a dialogue box open when I launch AE notifying me that I have an old version 1.1.4? I have 1.1.5. Am I the only one that gets this prompt?
    Hello Greg,
    Textor updated to v 1.1.6, bug fixed

Cheers
  • I can't use it because there's an error.
    The license code granted does not seem to work.

Hi there,
    if you are in trouble with the license, please open a support ticket for assistance here: https://aescripts.com/contact/

Cheers

Hi,
    v 1.1.7 is online, it should solve the issue with the script initialization.

Cheers
  • Hi! Is there a plugin that you created that would do similar presets with images?
    Thanks
  • Hi! Is there a plugin that you created that would do similar presets with images?
    Thanks
    Hi Alexandra,
    well, I created Motioneer for layers presets, and there is also a lite, cheaper version, but without the presets.
    Cheers